Author Topic: mmo thread 3: revenge of the coreans  (Read 1953 times)

Acidus

mmo thread 3: revenge of the coreans
« on: April 21, 2011, 06:08:48 AM »
this is a thread about mmos

non-corean mmos welcome

I'm currently playing a new MMO called EVERPLANET

I find that it's best described as WoW but with Maplestory graphics. It's much better than it sounds, trust me. The quality of the game is much higher than your usual corean mmo: the quests are actually fun and mixes things up, the dungeons are unique and have logical gimmicks, and the combat isn't too shabby either.

I'm playing it on the Japanese server, which only recently came out of open beta for full release. YOU NEED TO PLAY IT I AM GOING OUT OF MY BALLS.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: mmo thread 3: revenge of the coreans
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 06:10:30 AM »
Non-Corean MMORPGs?

Naw I'm stickin' with mah GE kthx :smug:

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 06:51:15 AM »
I'm pretty anti-mmo... But valkarie sky was hella cool before they screwed with maximum durability loss, and I can already tell Imma be a hardcore elsword fan unless they totally Bork it. Dem "correans"(never heard this term/gag/typo?) know something...

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:23:36 PM »
I play Mabinogi and, when it starts up again, Elsword. Hopefully, we'll be able to drum up enough interest for everyone to play HatsOnline too. :3

I've played a lot of games in the past (including Granado Espada), so I have a general idea of what I like and dislike in an MMO.

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 09:26:42 PM »
I also play Mabinogi (thanks, Jana), though I haven't had a lot of time to do so this week. Also have some characters on HatRO, and occasionally I'll hop on MapleStory to help my little brother out with some things (though by this point he's probably a higher level than me, if he's been playing regularly).

Furthermore, every so often I'll hop on Runescape to see how it's changed over the years; it was my first MMO, so despite the bad rap it gets, it'll still have a place with me.

Not sure if Estiah and Kingdom of Loathing technically count as MMOs, but those too.

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »
-Mabinogi
-Vindictus
-Cosmic Break
-NFS World
-Spiral Knights
-RayCity
-MicroVolts
-Global Agenda

Yeah... mostly Mabinogi and Cosmic Break.
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 01:06:03 PM »
Not sure if Estiah

You have mad props with me, sir. I thought I was all alone in this awesome game, because most people I know have moved on from it already.

I, on the other hand, am doing great.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 05:12:53 PM »
I, on the other hand, am doing great.

And I'm struggling to catch up, because of my "get ALL the charms" mentality. :(

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 06:00:18 PM »
I thought I would hop-in on Estiah and see how it is.  Added Astrolabia as my mentor.   :V