Author Topic: An amazing incident is resolved, Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 a success!  (Read 27777 times)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Re: An amazing incident is resolved, Anime Weekend Atlanta 2013 a success!
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 03:57:38 AM »
When you have it up, please also attach a Japanese transcript, so that we translate ZUN's answers directly from Japanese into Chinese. Preferrably also with the questions in Japanese  :D

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 04:46:38 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 05:09:53 AM »
I can ask Sola if he has those, I'm not sure what notes he all took.

e: he didn't take any notes other than the english ones he wrote out for me, sorry :(
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:42:12 AM by helvetica »

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2013, 05:32:03 AM »
Yeah, I missed all of you basically.
We ran into each other Saturday night :P I was the Sanae if u remember.

I was Tenshi on Friday and Saturday and thanks to everyone who made this weekend truly unforgettable!
Yup, I think I remember you. I was also doing Tenshi on Saturday. Nice to see fellow Tenshis at a con with Tenshi on the T-shirt :V

words
Darn it I should've talked 'bout the Miji list when I met you XD anyways, glad u had fun at the con
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2013, 06:31:05 AM »
I can ask Sola if he has those, I'm not sure what notes he all took.

e: he didn't take any notes other than the english ones he wrote out for me, sorry :(
No recording? OK, I'll just ask Sola if we need to verify something.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2013, 08:46:15 AM »
We did not record as we wanted to keep it conversational in tone and did not want to make him feel on the spot.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2013, 08:37:50 PM »
*snip*
You were awesome man, glad to see you made it back ok ^_^

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2013, 09:15:08 PM »
I thought AWA staff were going to post their official recordings on their website / youtube channel yet so far nothing up there. Are they just busy editing the raw movies into something viewable or is it just hopeless?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2013, 09:42:01 PM »
Probably just still working on it. They were definitely recording but they probably have a huge stack of videos to process.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2013, 12:37:19 PM »
Patience required I see. Because there channel had a random miku concert upload in horrible quality (if that is their official channel that is) and I was starting to take that particular channel less serious.

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2013, 02:04:21 PM »
As far as I know, Day 1 on panel with ZUN was definitely recorded by official AWA.

Day 2 starting with Touhou Fan panel, IonicFox was recording them.  I'm hoping that he had enough battery to record all the way through gaming with ZUN http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYimcvkHGXRGRsb2gQocGOE1ufDqHCWIm

Day 3, there was a person dressed up as Marisa who was recording the Sayonara panel.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2013, 08:39:24 AM »
As per AWA's press guidelines we did not record or post publicly the ZUN Q&A panel, the Gaming With ZUN panel, nor the Sayonara Panel. I can't say how well these restrictions were enforced on others at the panel but those were the guidelines we were given and we are respecting them.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2013, 04:17:28 PM »
Anyone have a recording of the trivia panel?

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2013, 05:47:59 PM »
You're in luck, they JUST went up yesterday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7kLLqlKAcA&feature=share&list=PLYimcvkHGXRGRsb2gQocGOE1ufDqHCWIm

Also don't be suprised if the order gets funky; I still haven't had a chance to organize these vids yet.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2013, 02:35:14 PM »
I may have missed this but was helvetica's interview with ZUN or video of the ZUN panel ever posted?

« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2013, 03:43:01 PM »
It seems AWA staff changed their mind about sharing recorded video (or probably it was that way from the beginning).
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.

« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2013, 04:18:01 PM »
As per AWA's press guidelines we did not record or post publicly the ZUN Q&A panel...

From what I understand as per AWA press guidelines the Q&A panel cannot be posted publicly but if I may ask will that be possible to at least (just) post the selected questions (without the answers) that have been asked to ZUN or is that also not allow?

Imosa

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2013, 05:27:31 AM »
From what I understand as per AWA press guidelines the Q&A panel cannot be posted publicly but if I may ask will that be possible to at least (just) post the selected questions (without the answers) that have been asked to ZUN or is that also not allow?
Helvetica said that about people representing MotK. AWA had their own cameras there.  Besides, that doesn't explain why Helvetica's interview wasn't posted.
As for the questions, here they are.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2013, 05:39:53 AM »
We did not record our interview with ZUN out of respect and time constraints. And sorry for not getting the writeup yet, school has been really crazy for me the past few weeks but I plan on sitting down this weekend and writing everything out!

Imosa

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2013, 04:02:17 AM »
So I had an experience on Friday. I'm gonna post it here because... I'm not sure it warrants its own thread. I recently discovered a group of touhous on my college campus and met them last Friday. A few of these people wanted to go to AWA but missed the chance because of personal issues (the worst turn around in weekend plans in recent memory). I was excited to meet them because this would be another chance to share the most glorious thing I have ever seen come out of Touhou (probably), The AWA wall scroll, or rather, my mini-scroll. For those that don't know, apart from the massive scrolls that Totaku printed, he also made smaller prints, mini-scrolls, which he gave to people who helped make the scroll happen. This mini-scroll was easily the best thing to come out of AWA.
Unrolling it onto the table made the onlookers go wide eyed? Despite being much smaller then a the real scrolls, this thing is a beast in length, so seeing it just keep going and going is mind boggling, like when is the awesome going to end? When the whole thing was out on the table there were quick yells across the room "Sam, I think you might wanna come see this. SAM! You're really gonna come see this." Sam was not prepared for it.
The members who were there eventually shrank to just me and two others and we did the only thing you can really do with this scroll. We just went along and enjoyed every bit of it, inspecting every detail, trying to squeeze out every bit of enjoyment we could. It was my 3ed time doing this and it hasn't gotten old. "Look at the Murasa, there's this weird, glitch effect. I have no idea what that is. A spell card reference probably, but why the squareness?". "That Reimu is gender swapped, and nobody can tell me otherwise.". "The first time I saw the shadow in Rumia's hand, I thought someone had written on the scroll with pen and I got scared to death.". "I wish the world had high enough resolution for this Momiji.". We talked about spell cards and references and what not and it was great, being able to share this amazing piece of art with someone else who really wanted to talk about it. The connection was immediate and powerful. I was welcomed very well by the group (even before the scroll) and I think I'll be spending a lot more time with them, and I am so glad that I was able to do what I really wanted with the mini scroll, show it to people. 
The AWA wall scroll project was, I think, the best thing to come out of AWA. First of all, it sounds like the process to get this thing together was not so smooth, as it shouldn't be. A project like this is hard and the fact that it worked at all is a testament to hard work and dedication. Anyone who had a part in organizing this project should be very proud. Second, what a piece it is. This thing is gorgeous. If the plan was to convey that there are artists in America then I think we did an excellent job. The whole thing just oozes character, with so many familiar and foreign styles. Granted I think there are places where things clash in odd ways but by and large it's all handled really well. Finally, unlike ZUN and the shirt, this item is by the community. It might have been nice to meet ZUN but ZUN is gone now, leaving a signature and stories to tell your friends. The shirt is cool and you can show it to people but its still only your shirt and... I guess you can share it. The scroll is a product of the community, and that gives it a personal connection. I love pointing out what artists I know, because I actually know them.
In the end it's just great thing. I am honored that I got to have a mini-scroll. I don't know exactly why Totaku gave it to me but I'm not gonna put it to waste. This thing is getting shown off at every touhou panel I do from now on and hopefully other people will see what I see. The testament to one of the best conventions ever, by one of the best fandoms ever.
Thanks Totaku, and thank you to everyone else who helped make this happen.

Then I had another idea. Does anyone else want to borrow my scroll for any reason? Even just to look at it yourself? I want to take it to conventions but other then that it'll just sit in my room collecting dust. Let me know if you're interested and I'll think about it a little more.

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2013, 07:59:05 PM »
Then I had another idea. Does anyone else want to borrow my scroll for any reason? Even just to look at it yourself? I want to take it to conventions but other then that it'll just sit in my room collecting dust. Let me know if you're interested and I'll think about it a little more.

Isn't it a bad idea to borrow it to someone else?
It would be nice to take a look though.

Imosa

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2013, 11:13:57 PM »
Isn't it a bad idea to borrow it to someone else?
How do you figure?

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2013, 08:17:46 PM »
How do you figure?

Well, say that the person you borrowed the scroll to, vanishes from the planet, hides, moves, and never is to be found, with the scroll. And you will never get it back.
My point is, aren't you afraid to lose it, if you borrowed it to the wrong person?

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2013, 06:29:03 AM »
We did not record our interview with ZUN out of respect and time constraints. And sorry for not getting the writeup yet, school has been really crazy for me the past few weeks but I plan on sitting down this weekend and writing everything out!
pretty long weekend, huh

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2013, 06:51:36 PM »
Back to back midterms and lab reports every week since then hasn't helped :( :( :(

Imosa

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2013, 05:57:50 AM »
Well, say that the person you borrowed the scroll to, vanishes from the planet, hides, moves, and never is to be found, with the scroll. And you will never get it back.
My point is, aren't you afraid to lose it, if you borrowed it to the wrong person?
So I would like to do some background checks before I let someone borrow it. Get character references and so on. After that though, no. Part of the point is that it is a risk, and if someone does steal it hopefully they'll be looking at it more then me.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 05:59:26 AM by Imosa »

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2013, 10:35:51 PM »
So I would like to do some background checks before I let someone borrow it. Get character references and so on. After that though, no. Part of the point is that it is a risk, and if someone does steal it hopefully they'll be looking at it more then me.

Well, that sounds like a plan!

« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2013, 09:12:11 AM »
I know that it's quite obvious and pointless but did anyone try to ask AWA staff recently about their promise of videos?
Would be glad to get help with Touhou Doumeiju ~ Mystical Power Plant Translation Project spellcard comments' translation.