Author Topic: [Fan Game Idea] A boss is you: Is it feasibly possible?  (Read 8973 times)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
[Fan Game Idea] A boss is you: Is it feasibly possible?
« on: July 23, 2014, 09:16:59 PM »
So, an idea that I've been carrying around for a few months now is an... interesting idea for a Touhou fan game.

Summed up into 4 words: A boss is you.

An elaboration that I posted from Lincoln's "Original Touhou Game Ideas, anyone?" thread: (edited for organization)
Another idea:

A boss is you. You are a boss in Touhou, and you're out to test out your new spell cards on various objects, like rocks, trees, fairies, humans, youkai, and other less mundane things.

At the starting screen, you pick what collection of spell cards to use, similar to ISC. You have to complete each "enemy" using all sets of your spell cards, by making the opponent lose all of your lives. After that, you move on to the next opponent.

It is completely out possible to beat the game using only Level 1 spell cards, but it's very hard as there's an AI constantly dodging and attacking you with shot types, and your cards aren't upgraded/optimized to Hard or Lunatic levels. Thus, there's a leveling system like ISC, but you have to optimize the cards yourself via a tech tree of sorts.

You also get to customize your card decks, like in SWR and UNL. You're able to pick between three types of spell cards: Regular, survival, and multi-phased.

• Regular spell cards are your run-of-the-mill cards that you can either time out or shoot down.
  • Survival cards removes your hitbox (the boss you're playing as) and forces the opponent to time out the card.
  • Multi-phased cards are the most powerful, but you can only have three (multi-regular, multi-survival, and multi by itself). It make you invincible to bombs, and your health is twice as large as a regular spell card. All of these cards have different patters as the timer runs out. (Think Flandre's "And Then There Will Be None?" spell card as an example of a multi-survival card.)

Different opponents have different special abilities:
  • Rocks are completely stationary, but they break apart into smaller rocks that can reduce your health.
  • Trees have a damage tolerance, and then fall forwards in a straight line in front of it, potentially hitting you.
  • Fairies have a lower bullet hit tolerance than trees, but they can move around. Fairies are the first opponents to actively try to defeat you. They are the first bosses to have an AI.
  • Humans have the lowest bullet hit damage tolerance, losing a life of they're hit. On the other hand, the have a smarter movement AI and have more varied, stronger shots than fairies. They have bombs, which are very hard hitting attacks that could potentially kill you if you don't have enough health. Humans have limited bombs.
  • Youkai are extremely similar to humans, with the only difference being that they have the smartest AI and unlimited bombs. You defeat the all youkai, you win the game.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: [Fan Game Idea] A boss is you: Is it feasibly possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 08:01:12 AM »
An idea is great, though what is your role in this whole thing?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 08:11:51 AM »
So, an idea that I've been carrying around for a few months now is an... interesting idea for a Touhou fan game.

Summed up into 4 words: A boss is you.

You are a boss in Touhou, and you're out to test out your new spell cards on various objects, like rocks, trees, fairies, humans, youkai, and other less mundane things.

This sounds like Boss Rush, which was a lot of fun. So I support this project.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 05:27:42 PM »
This sounds like Boss Rush, which was a lot of fun. So I support this project.
Yes, something similar, but with faster movement, larger variety of attacks, etc.
Here's some key bindings that could be used:

Menus
  • Arrows: selection
  • Z: Select
  • X: Cancel
  • C: Accesses the Profile menu (like SWR and UNL)
  • Escape: Does the same thing as X

Non-spells
  • Arrows: Movement
  • Z: Shoot a some snowball bullets
  • X: Shoots a laser
  • C: Shoot a ring of rice
  • V: Shoot some homing streams
  • Shift: Randomizes an action. (Shift+C makes the ring position random, [Any arrow key]+Shift moves you at a random speed and direction, etc.)
  • [Key held down]: Continuously shoots (Z and C have long reload times,  V has a short reload time, and X has a set timer)
  • Escape: Pauses game

Spell Card Selection (Pre-Battle Only)
  • Arrows: selection
  • Z: Select card (Prompts "Which slot do you want to put the card?"
  • X: Deselect card
  • Q: Puts selected card first
  • W: Puts selected card second
  • E: Puts selected card third
  • R: Puts selected card fourth
  • T: Puts selected card fifth
  • A: Puts selected card sixth
  • S: Puts selected card seventh
  • D: Puts selected card eighth
  • F: Puts selected card ninth
  • G: Puts selected card last
  • Escape: Same as X

About gameplay mechanics:

• Each spell card levels up in a similar way to ISC.
    • More uses = More levels
  • Whenever the opponent gets defeated by the card, the card gets 1 use.
  • It takes 50 uses to level up a spell card to max level.
    • This is because I envision that the game will 10 locations, with 10 stages each
  • It is possible to clear a level without using spell cards.
    • When you do, all of your active (in your deck) cards receive 1 use (like ISC)
  • When you win a battle, you receive a "Success" for that level.
    • You'll get a "Location Success" for clearing all of the scenes in that location
  • As you unlock each location, you unlock more card slots for spell card battles.
    • When you get to the last location, you will have 10 card slots. This is as many as an Extra boss, which you will be fighting there.

Note that I'm not a programmer, and I have no skills in coding whatsoever. But I make ideas and theories. Lots of ideas and theories.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2014, 01:39:40 PM »
Some more gameplay mechanics:

Power and Point Items:
You receive a set amount the first time you complete a scene. It exponentially goes down as you complete the scene more and more. You need Power and Point items to equip spell cards.
Every spell card has 2 values on it that apply when it gets "captured" (more on that later). Red numbers mean Power items, and blue numbers mean Points.
Those numbers are the amount of Power and Point items that drop. Like in the main shooters, Power items give more power, but only to your opponent.
The Point items let your opponent receive more lives, but in varying ways, depending on which game the character came from (e.g. Cirno's lives regen from passing point thresholds, Wriggle's lives come from passing a certain number of Point items, Parsee's life shards come from defeating spells and non-spells without dying, etc).
Power items allow the opponent to kill you faster with more powerful shots.

If your opponent gets through your spell card without getting hit, it's considered as "captured" and forces you to relinquish Power and Point items. You don't lose the card; you just lose Power and Point items. Ant items not picked up by the opponent will be returned to you.

Gimmicks
Every character has a gimmick attached to them for receiving lives. They depend on which game they're from.

SoEW/LLS/MS/EoSD/MoF: Passing a point threshold
PCB/IN: Passing a certain number of Point items
PoFV: Points (???)
SA: Completing spells and non-spells without getting hit
UFO: Life pieces, and from red UFO's. Randomly colored UFOs will spawn from the top during fights with UFO characters.
TD: Life Spirits, and from certain enemies. All fights with TD characters will make you drop Life Spirits instead of Life Pieces.
GFW: Freezing your bullets (Cirno only), and slowly over time
DDC: Same as SA (but random), and collecting many items at one time. The collection will randomly yield a Life Piece (25%) or Bomb Piece (75%).

Some story:

It is the spring after the Youkai Rebellion. You saw everyone around you go mad and attack anything. There were stories of a lone youkai besting the most powerful youkai in Gensyoko. She had managed to create three new tsukumogamis, and caused an entire rebellion that jumbled Gensyoko's power structure. From a worthless fairy to a youkai with great power? You sought out to train, and make that happen.

Thanbo

• Wow! I can have a "Custom Title" now!?
  • Take risks! No regrets...
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 03:37:02 PM »
If no one here has ever tried Gensou Rondo, I'd reccomend trying it for its gameplay has a part where you can throw different danmakus continuously at the opponent like the original game switched places.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 11:16:39 PM »
If no one here has ever tried Gensou Rondo, I'd reccomend trying it for its gameplay has a part where you can throw different danmakus continuously at the opponent like the original game switched places.

Same idea, but distinctly one-sided for me: You control the boss, and the player is an AI.

Also, 2D, top-down danmaku with no melee, not 2.5D, with both sides shooting shots, along with no life meters, etc.

After a 5-minute session of it, I think it looks good, but the movement is clunky.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 12:48:30 AM »
New idea: You can summon familiars/slaves.

After a certain point (Maybe after unlocking your 3rd spell card slot), you're able summon familiars.

What are familiars?

Familiars are enemies (look like IN familiars) that assist you in defeating your opponent, such as shooting additional bullets, forming walls around the opponent, etc.
Like in IN, if they're killed, they drop items and destroy bullets around them.
You can summon familiars by pressing the Space Bar. They come in and randomly float around the screen. Whichever button you press, the familiars do too, but with a little bit less accuracy.

And some changes:

Non-spells
  • Shift: Focuses bullet trajectories.
    • Control: Randomizes an action. (Shift+C makes the ring position random, [Any arrow key]+Control moves you at a random speed and direction, etc.)
    • Space Bar: Summons a familiar that imitates your attack. Costs 1 Power and Point item.

During Spell Cards
    • Arrow Keys: Move around. Will not work during cards that do not have your hitbox shown, or if the card has your movement set.
    • Space Bar: Summon familiar. Mimics your attack. Costs 1 Power and Point item.

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 06:24:43 PM »
I guess the main issue with this is how you would manage to make each level (stage) different to the others, I imagine you have a plan on how you could make each opponent feel different from the last?
Also, how would you stop there from being a "perfect build", which would potentially be able to beat every single stage?
I guess you could stop that be making each area (or stage) have a specific amount of each type of spellcard (so one normal, 2 time outs and a multi-part, for example), but other then that I can't view how you would manage it
You've mentioned  the idea of leveling spells, how would you manage to make this feel like it isn't grinding?

Overall, it could be an interesting idea to work with, but there is definitely a lot of important mechanics you would have to work out in order to make it enjoyable

Justin

• Grand High Poobah
  • what is life
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 12:29:08 AM »
Wait.
I'm not the only one who wishes I could be the boss?
Current Goals (BC I guess this is a thing):
1CC all 2hu on normal: All clear!
1CC all 2hu on hard: LLS, EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF
Clear all extras: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA
SA Hard Mode is kicking my butt ;-;

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 12:55:41 PM »
I guess the main issue with this is how you would manage to make each level (stage) different to the others, I imagine you have a plan on how you could make each opponent feel different from the last?
The rocks are the first opponent you fight. They're completely static, but it randomly shoots out rocks as it gets more damage.
Trees are a little more mobile. As they are about to get destroyed, they will sway back and forth, and fall right in front of it.
Fairies, humans, and youkai all have different abilities to trump your cards.

Also, how would you stop there from being a "perfect build", which would potentially be able to beat every single stage?
As said above, and below, your spell cards start off as something from an Easy Stage 1 Midboss: Easy to dodge, and quick to kill.
As your cards get used more and they improve, they'll eventually be something from an Extra stage boss.
Plus, fairies, humans, and youkai will have abilities that will potentially negate your spell card's affects. For example, Yukari teleports away from bullets when she's at the edge of the screen, Reimu has the smallest hitbox, Cirno can freeze bullets a la GFW, Seija will pull out a random item from ISC, etc.
So no spell card combo will reliably defeat everyone.

I guess you could stop that be making each area (or stage) have a specific amount of each type of spellcard (so one normal, 2 time outs and a multi-part, for example), but other then that I can't view how you would manage it
I'm trying to learn Unity so that I can make it in there, so there's that.
Anyway, You won't unlock survival cards until around your 4th spell card, when you have as much power as a stage 4-ish boss.
You also, as stated in my last post, that you are limited in terms of cards by how many Power and Point items you have.
You get more Power and Point items from completing scenes.

You've mentioned  the idea of leveling spells, how would you manage to make this feel like it isn't grinding?
Same as ISC. Use the items (or spell cards in this case), and they get better. Like more bullets, the bullets move faster, the timer is set longer, etc.
Plus, these scenes may or may not be unreasonably hard, so the cards will just level up naturally as you rage through the scenes.

Wait.
I'm not the only one who wishes I could be the boss?
Yep.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014, 12:47:17 PM »
Since this is a game that requires shot types for 100-ish characters, I need to figure out what they're supposed to be:

Reimu: Main: Red cards
Option: TD/DDC unfocused Reimu.
Bomb: Same as DDC ReimuA.
Ability: Smallest hitbox (1 by 1 pixel)

Marisa:
Main: Green missile
Option: Piercing lasers
Bomb: Dark Spark (same as DDC)
Ability: Item collection range is slightly bigger. Slightly higher speed.

EoSD

Rumia:
Main: Pellet of darkness
Option: None. Shot is concentrated in 1 stream.
Bomb: Night Sign "Night Bird." Bomb slowly spreads out from Rumia, but has little to no invincibility time.
Ability: Hitbox can disappear when bombing.

Daiyousei:
Main: Blue and green ovals. They have different colors.
Option: None. Shot is wide.
Bomb: Same as Daiyousei's second attack in EoSD.
Ability: When she bombs, there is a 10% chance she will get 1/5 of a life.

Cirno:
Main: Icicles. Same as GFW.
Option: Icicles. Wide, and shoots backwards, to the sides, and diagonally. Same as GFW.
Bomb: Freezes all bullets on the screen. No damage from bomb, but some from ice breaking. Same as GFW.
Ability: Chargeable bullet freezing. Same as GFW.

Meiling:
Main: Rainbow crystals. Shot cycles between all colors.
Option: Explosive rainbow rice bullets. Rices has a random trajectory, but there are tones of them. Has a 3 second recharge.
Bomb: Flower Sign "Gorgeous Sweet Flower." A flower appears at the middle of the screen, then grows bigger. It finally pops, dealing massive damage.
Ability: She can punch through bullets. But only one at a time.

Koakuma:
Main: Books. Yes, books.
Option: Various Japanese kanji. They have different affects depending on the kanji.
Bomb: Same as her attack in EoSD
Ability: Her kanji does different amounts of damage, but it's random.

Patchouli:
Main: Sun and Moon: Yellow and white ovals move in a spiral fashion.
Option: Same as SA MarisaB.
Bomb: "Philosopher's Stone." Her options surround the boss, and shoots pellets at them.
Ability: Can change shots.

Sakuya:
Main: Knives. Same as DDC.
Option: Same as PCB SakuyaA but it can shoot backwards, too. Significantly slower.
Bomb: Same as DDC SakuyaA
Ability: Slows bullet shooting and movement of whatever she hits.

Remilia:
Main: Bats
Option: Same as IN
Bomb: Bats fly out and damage anything they hit.
Ability: For every death, 1/5 of a bomb is gained.

Flandre:
Main: Little red ovals
Option: A thick L?vateinn laser shoots in an enemy's direction. Has a ~0.5 second recharge.
Bomb:  L?vateinn swinging. Goes 360 degrees.
Ability: Any bullets touching her options (and options only) get destroyed.

SOON: DDC
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:42:22 AM by bigyihsuan »

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 04:10:43 PM »
This seems awesome! So you?re the boss and you have a sort of Lvl up system from ISC. Sounds interesting :) . Oh you should also make a phantasm like scene, although to access it the player would need to clear all prior scenes before, and the boss would be Seija and she would try to cheat trough your spellcards like she does in ISC.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 03:02:00 AM »
Oh you should also make a phantasm like scene, although to access it the player would need to clear all prior scenes before, and the boss would be Seija and she would try to cheat trough your spellcards like she does in ISC.

Not everything has to have a Phantasm stage....

Anyway, I'm sorting everything by location. I wonder how that'll go....

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 02:15:56 AM »
MOAR SHOTS

... THIS IS GETTING TOUGH

DDC

Wakasagihime
Main: Blue triangle bullets
Option: Waves. Wide shot
Bomb: Tail slap to the boss's face. Melee attack
Ability: Can dive under water if the main hits. Lasts for 3 seconds, only works in bodies of water.

Sekibanki
Main: Red rice
Option: Heads shooting homing, piercing, low power streams. Orbits the boss
Bomb: A head drifts towards the boss, then explodes. Large range.
Ability: If a head is in the way of a bullet, it gets deleted.

Kagerou
Main: A smaller version of her splitting bullet
Option: those blue wolf sprites. shoots 8 in all directions.
Bomb: She quickly moves in a star, and any enemies hit take damage. Also erases bullets in the path.
Ability: When invincible, her options double.

Yatsuhashi
Main: Blue music notes
Option: Straight-forward blue rests. has slight angle.
Bomb: Same as Koto Sign "Sounds of Anicca's Koto" (1st spell)
Ability: Shots bounce off walls.

Benben:
Main: Yellow music notes
Option: Homing, piercing music staff lasers.
Bomb: Same as Heikyoku "Sounds of Jetavana's Bell" (1st spell)
Ability: Any familiars will be used against you.

Seija
Main: Same as ISC shot
Option: Inverse of your movement. Same bullets as main.
Bomb: Random cheat item; can be Bomb, Lantern, Camera, or Fabric.
Ability: Can warp through walls using the Umbrella.

Sukuna
Main: White knives
Option: Slowly growing bubbles
Bomb: Bullets shrink to non-existence. (AKA erased)
Ability: Smallest hitbox. Applies to graze, sprite, and bullet collision

Raiko
Main: Red rests
Option: Slowly rotating taiko drums. Shoots 1 piercing laser and 5 large circle bullets from each side.
Bomb: Shaking screen, bullets turn sideways and leave the screen.
Ability: If the drums get destroyed (can take 10 bullets), the area around Raiko is cleared of bullets. Less power, but less bullets.

SOON: PCB
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 01:52:33 AM by bigyihsuan »

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2014, 11:10:18 PM »
Sakuna could use as her regular shot the shinning needles
as her spellcard she could use bullet grow smaller ( easier dodging ) so that the bullets would merge and become small
option the bullets used in Grow bigger bullet ( not the hearts )
her ability would be the same as Reimu ( as shes a inchling ) ( or a kobito ) ( which is the same thing )

Seija could use her bullets from reverse neddle bow of heaven ( something like that, the one with the arrow danmaku )
Spellcard reverse the direction of the bullets ( seija about to get hit use spellcard and then the bullets fly upwards )
Option randomly flips the screen
Ability cheat throu danmaku with cheat items ( from ISC )

Raiko could use music notes as her main attack
Option her drums could shoot the their danmaku
Spellcard 3 big drums appear and shoot at the boss like one of her spellcards
Ability drums option can be destroyed from the sides to protect raiko against danmaku coming from the sides, but they will respawn

IN

Mokou could use her fireball danmaku
Option she could use the fujiwara volcano's stream ( smaller )
Spellcard Familiars surround the boss and explode like in fujiwara volcano
Ability if hit she has 50% chance she get's half a life

Kaguya could use her rainbow danmaku
Option she would use the rainbow rays from her first spellcard, but aimmed at the boss
Spellcard clears bullets
Ability same as Mokou
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 08:08:06 PM by UnidentifiedPhantasm »
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 07:34:06 PM »
Sakuna could use as her regular shot the shinning needles
as her spellcard she could use bullet grow smaller ( easier dodging ) so that the bullets would merge and become small
option the bullets used in Grow bigger bullet ( not the hearts )
her ability would be the same as Reimu ( as shes a inchling ) ( or a kobito ) ( which is the same thing )
I'm thinking of taking a few of my own ides from a few threads for Sukuna

Seija could use her bullets from reverse neddle bow of heaven ( something like that, the one with the arrow danmaku )
Spellcard reverse the direction of the bullets ( seija about to get hit use spellcard and then the bullets fly upwards )
Option randomly flips the screen
Ability cheat throu danmaku with cheat items ( from ISC )
I was thinking of using her shot from ISC, but using cheat items as a bomb is definitely a good idea.

Raiko could use music notes as her main attack
Option her drums could shoot the their danmaku
Spellcard 3 big drums appear and shoot at the boss like one of her spellcards
Ability drums option can be destroyed from the sides to protect raiko against danmaku coming from the sides, but they will respawn
Sure, why not?

-snip-
Whoa, there. I'm even done with PCB yet! (o o;)

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 08:35:36 PM »
Youmu could use her Roukanken danmaku from ten desires ( not the ghost parts )
Option her ghost half could use a smaller version of her C attack from IAMP
Spellcard slashes with Roukanken deletes bullets in path and damages the boss
Ability while focusing she could use her Roukanken like she does in TD  and slash bullets ( needs to charge more than TD )

Yuyuko could use Butterflies like in IN
Option her fellow ghosts would throw butterflies at the boss
Spellcard  she would throw butterflies at the boss clearing all bullets touched by the butterflies
Ability while focusing she becomes slower a little bit more than other characters to allow for better precision

Alice could use her use her Shangai doll's laser
Option two dolls on Alices side with the same shot type of SA ( but only 2 )
Spellcard throws a doll at the boss and explodes any nearby danmaku
Ability she has slower unfocosed speed ( not that much ) and faster focused speed ( not that much )

Chen could use her small danmaku
OptionTwo familiars shoot danmaku
Spellcard Chen  rocket's the whole screen dealing damage to the boss and erasing bullets in her path
Ability faster danmaku shooting

Ran could use her yellow orb danmaku ( used in the spam of hell spellcard ) ( think Yukari's Border Between Life and Death, but only the yellow orbs )
Option two familiars  shoot lasers ( similar to Fox Tanuki Youkai Laser )
Spellcard summons Chen to do the same thing, only with Ran there ( same as Chen but Ran joins the fun and thus damage increases )
Ability when shot Ran gains a third of a life

Yukari would use her shot from IN ( not Ran included )
Option gaps open and shoot Laser danmaku
Spellcard spirits away all bullets on the screen ( erases them, no damage to the boss )
Ability when at the edge of the screen she can teleport to the other side of the screen ( like Reimu in SA )

Here are some ideas which you could use for PBC, also will the Prismriver Sisters count as one character ( together )?

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 01:48:01 AM »
-snip-
Slow down! I haven't even had the time to update DDC yet!

also will the Prismriver Sisters count as one character ( together )?

All bosses that appear as a double boss (like the Prismrivers, Great Fairies, Tsukumos, etc.) will be fought individually, then together at the end of the location.

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 11:48:17 AM »
Speaking of which will the AI be like in POTFV?

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 08:23:56 PM »
Speaking of which will the AI be like in POTFV?

Once I learn how to code in Unity, yes.

And this will take a very long time if I'm doing it in my spare time (which is not a lot)

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 02:17:33 AM »
Done with DDC, now PCB:

PCB

Letty:
Main: Those blue bullets used in her first spell. yeah, the bigger ones
Option: Wide shot of vaguely defined mist
Bomb: "Cold Snap." Same as StB spell card
Ability: Same as Cirno, but using the clouds to freeze bullets.

Chen
Main: Red, orange, and yellow triangles
Option: Fairy familiars that shoot semi-homing red/orange/yellow triangles.
Bomb: Chen moves from bottom to top of the screen. Any bullets hit will be erased.
Ability: Any bullets grazed are deleted. Lasers don't count.

Alice
Main: Same as IN
Option: Same as SA MAlice
Bomb: "Artful Sacrifice." Same as IN
Ability: Dolls circle around her

Lily White
Main: Cherry petals
Option: More cherry petals. random spread
Bomb: Same as PCB attack
Ability: All items give more power.

Lunasa
Main: Brown music notes
Option: Violin spews out more music notes. random
Bomb: Violin spews even more notes, but these cancel bullets
Ability: Focusing moves instrument to her.

Merlin
Main: White music notes
Option: Trumpet spews white music notes. Forwards and wide
Bomb: Trumpet spews lasers and more music notes
Ability: See Lunasa

Lyrica
Main: Red music notes
Option: Piano spews small black/white bars of rests and notes
Bomb: Piano smash for massive damage
Ability: See Lunasa

Youmu
Main: small sword slashes
Option: half-phantom. slightly larger sword slashes, follows her around
Bomb: Slashes sword. Any bullets in a ~90 degree angle are destroyed
Ability: Can charge a 6-slash sword slash

Yuyuko
Main: Pink butterflies
Option: Purple and red butterflies. same as IN
Bomb: Same as IN
Ability: Slowest focused speed.

Ran
Main: Yellow needles
option: Chen. Chen has red needles
bomb: "Hermit Fox Thoughts". Larger range, though
Ability: when hit, 1/5 of life received back

Yukari
Main: same as IN
Option: Same as IN, but with Chen
Bomb: Same as IN
Ability: Can occasionally warp bullets back to boss for more damage

NEXT: IN

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 03:15:46 PM »
SURPRISE IAMP :P

IaMP

Suika
Main: Sake droplets, but huge.
Option: Vaguely defined mist bullets
Bomb: Suika grows huge and erases bullets. Lasts for 5 seconds
Ability: More powerful shot

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 10:40:45 PM »
Right now, I have discovered "Dreamy Pilot," got my hands on a MIDI, and it's the first song I want to arrange. Any help here?

back to IN

IN

Wriggle
Main: Fireflies
Option: swarm of butterflies/moths. slowly moves about in a huge, homing, black mass.
Bomb: BEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS
Ability: A few of her options will carry items to her, but they take damage on bullets.

Mystia
Main: Brown/pink triangles
Option: Those bird things from PoFV
Bomb: Wings crush everything in front of her
Ability: Slightly faster movement speed

Keine
Main: Lasers from "First Pyramid"
Option: scattered triangles
Bomb: "Returning Ichigo". Bullet fly in towards her, then explode out
Ability: All bullets within a small area will reverse directions and dissapear

Tewi
Main: Same as PoFV
Option: Same as bouncing things from PoFV
Bomb: Jumps to the boss, then knocks off some Power and Point items.
Ability: Random Power/Point item drops from hitting the boss.

Reisen
Main: Same as PoFV
Option: More bullet bullets
Bomb: Shifts the bullets around her for damage
Ability: Can occasionally phase through bullets. 1% chance

Eiren
Main: Arrows
Option: Arrows
Bomb: Hourai Elixir is spilled, all familiars hit will  shoot you
Ability: Can transplant hitbox to a random location

Kaguya
Main: Various bullets
Option: Wild card; different bullets shot do different effects
Bomb: Strange conglomerate of various items in her Impossible Request series
Ability: Grazed bullets slow down

Mokou
Main: Fireballs
Option: The fireball phoenixes in IN
Bomb: Same as Honest Man's Death, but inverted
Ability: Chance of setting the boss aflame, doing more damage
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:53:18 PM by bigyihsuan »

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2014, 11:04:41 PM »
What kind of help do you need?

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 07:48:47 PM »
What kind of help do you need?
Mostly help with making arranges, remastering various PC-98 songs, etc. Also an access to an SD-40 or something similar. I really like the ZUN sounding music.
Made worse since I have very limited free time because of school and Chinese AP classes, so I have that going for me.

Also need to learn Unity, Java Script, sprite sheets, and a bunch of other stuff, including character portraits for an (in development) OC. I can't draw anything remotely good, so I might get help from my classmates for that... Maybe...

EDIT: Now that I think about it, how about a check list?

• Make Shot types (In progress)
  • Arrange Music (1 done)
    • Themes wanted: Photo themes, ISC themes
  • Character Portaits
  • Character sprites
  • Learn Unity HIGH PRIORITY
    • Extension: Learn JavaScript/C#
  • Design spell cards:
    • Bullet patterns
    • Names
  • Story (Low Priority)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:58:54 PM by bigyihsuan »

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2014, 02:20:45 AM »
Hmm. After playing Touhou for a bit, I seem to have missed some enemies, mostly the newer ones.

Generic Fairies
Generic fairies. No special effects, just has a snowball shot and a weak bomb that spatters random bits and pieces.
Comes in 5 colors: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Makai.
Always in a group of 5 or more.

Sunflower Fairies
Has the same main as PoFV Yuuka, but only 2 steams. Has a Sunflower bomb.
Comes in groups of 1 or more.

Fuzzballs
Another generic enemy.  Just a rice shot. No bombs.
always comes in groups of 7 or more.

Spirits
those ghost things first found in TD. Hurts the boss by hovering over her. Very weak.
No bombs. No shot. Dies in 5 hits.
Groups of 10 more more

Ying-Yang Orbs
No special shot, just black and white bullets.
No bombs. Comes in 4 colors: Red, Green, Yellow, Blue
Groups of 5 or more