Author Topic: There are only two words that need to be said - "minusT", "Yukari"  (Read 5383 times)

CyberAngel

• Retired
Almost a year and a half of waiting is over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G98Pn4JLDR8

As expected, it's great. Also, guess who's a prophet now.

Really wonder what cool stuff can be done with Yukari. I mean, Scarlets moved a lot, Yuyu had her fan. I'm at a loss what to picture for Yukari. Except maybe gaps.

Quite an easy prediction to make, but boy were those gaps used awesomely!

Spoiler:
And Okuu's next, huh? I'm a bit mixed about this. On one hand, there already is a quite good rendition of her battle out there. But on the other, it already looks like this one will top it. Plus it won't hurt to have more good stuff!

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
Re: There are only two words that need to be said - "minusT", "Yukari"
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 04:59:43 PM »
They really just went right into the battle this time. I feel like the choreography (if I can call it that!) was a little weak at the start, but I'm really happy the MinusT magic pulled through in the end.

Spoiler:
The previous Utsuho battle is pretty old, so I guess it works out. I still can't help but feel like toes are gonna be stepped on, though.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 05:20:04 PM »
Flan's battle was a bit like that as well - blazed through first few spellcards, then cool stuff that wasn't in the game happens. Remi's and Yuyu's are a bit similar as well - a proper intro, some fighting game moves in the middle, but no big deviations from the original battle. Does this mark a pattern, I wonder?
Spoiler:
That would mean Koishi's after Okuu!

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 08:11:01 PM »
Flawless work from him as awesome!  Seeing 3D Danmaku patterns is always so mesmerizing!

Spoiler:
Maybe it won't be Koishi since they showed the underground center.  Maybe it'll be Sanae's fight with Suwako from Soku?  Hng~ <3 

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 08:40:15 PM »
Dear God, the talent of this guy and the sheer work put into these videos are jaw-dropping....
How does a single man makes something of this magnitude?!?!?

Highlights for me:

- Yukari giving Reimu some much needed TRAINing  :D  (and some assorted Street signs)

- 3 vs 3. 'nuf said

- Boundary of Life and Death. So hard and awesome that none of the 3 even attempt to attack Yukari during it.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 09:31:19 PM »
- Yukari giving Reimu some much needed TRAINing  :D

I was more impressed when she just burst out from the other end. Nobody in SWR thought of THAT.

Tribow

• pichuun
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 11:10:55 PM »
Haha, I'm actually making gifs of moments from this video because I love minust's work.
Here's an example of one of them

oh look at that, new gifs
(I apologize if I made you constantly reload)

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 11:25:29 PM »
Awesome stuff as usual. I've been using screencaps from minusT's videos as wallpapers for a while now; time to add more to my collection.

The way minusT handled Sakuya's star-orb things is both ingenious and hilarious.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 08:56:37 AM »
The only thing that has me more excited than the release of this video is the fact that Utsuho is next.

Though that being said, the preview did make it look like it was going to be more Soku-like.  I'll just assume its about Utsuho based on the name.

aranicar

• The Expressive Poker Face
  • Wasting time again
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 03:02:35 AM »
One thing I've absolutely loved about minusT's works are the mechanical animations.  Marisa's Mini-Hakkero and Sakuya's orbs were mind-bending when they moved and deployed.  Absolutely cannot wait for
Spoiler:
Utsuho's arm cannon

They still haven't changed the Canada flag to US.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 03:34:46 AM »
I couldn't stop seeing Sakuya's options as Servitors.

Still. Very impressive to watch. It'll be another two years before Utsuho arrives, I'm guessing? :V

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 02:16:09 AM »
God this fandom is amazing, can't think of another fandom having these talented people making fan-animes and awesome 3D game renditions.
Those were the best 14 minutes of my life. A bit sad we didn't get to see too much of Ran and Chen though, I felt like that part was a bit rushed.

The power item that Sakuya bought made me giggle, also Sakuya's orbs design left me speechless.
Teamwork between the protagonists was fantastic, I noticed Sakuya and Marisa were left out of the last spell because they lost all of their lives on 'Boundary of life and death' I suppose?

Well about skipping IN, I guess it's understandable since the game itself is too long, has 2 final boss routes, many teams, many spells, longest extra stage, etc. I honestly can't wait for Koishi (although that would take most likely 3-4 years), he has too much material from HM/ULiL <3
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:17:50 AM by ChronaSE »

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 08:15:33 PM »
I am at a complete loss as to what to say, especially given how I see Yukari but...  dayum that was good!  He also nailed Yukari's facial expressions...  just priceless.  She doesn't get mad or anything.  XD

Love how he played the final two spellcards, made it seem like she was just toying with them the whole time and not fighting them seriously.  Border of Life and Death to break up the formation, then plant Danmaku Bounded Field on Reimu and escape while that goes on.  Classic Yukari thing to do there.

Also noticed improvements on his Reimu model compared to his first with Remilia.  And words cannot describe my thoughts on the Yukari model.  XP

Spoiler:
Also, saw a fan art posted from MinusT with Marisa flanked by a Shanghai Doll underground, looks like it might be either Marisa vs Utsuho or Marisa AND Reimu vs Utsuho.  Should be interesting to see how he depicts the team dynamics on that one.  If Reimu is involved then expect to see more awesome gap shenanigans!

Tribow

• pichuun
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 08:15:38 PM »
Spoiler:
You know, I'm seeing a lot of people thinking the next part is just Utsuho, but my thought was that Minust is going for a full run through of SA, but I might have put my hopes up too high there ehehe

oh look at that, new gifs
(I apologize if I made you constantly reload)