Author Topic: minusT.... this guy deserve a friggin medal!  (Read 6089 times)

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
minusT.... this guy deserve a friggin medal!
« on: June 10, 2014, 10:59:46 PM »
Ok, i admit i had forgotten about this fellow for a bit so i am a bit late about this.....
After watching over and over again his previous incredible works about Remilia and Flandre i thought he couldn't get much better.

I. WAS. WRONG.

He actually went and did YUYUKO!  :* And i'm still trying to pick up my jaw after the fourth rewatch..... his rendition of Reflowering can't be described by mere words....

If i could i would give this man actual money, he absolutely DESERVE IT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Zwrx9a9Lo
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 11:05:11 PM by Espadas »

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
Re: minusT.... this guy deserve a friggin medal!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 01:02:27 AM »
Shit, yeah that was pretty amazing. Yuyuko's entire fight was great.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 04:44:36 PM »
I've got a strong sense of deja vu.

Anyway, Yukari's battle is supposed to be next, and I'd expect some sign of progress around now, but nothing yet. Instead, there's a trailer for a stereoscopic version of Yuyuko's battle. You kids and your fancy tech... Well, I don't mind if it takes longer to make, I'm yet to reach Phantasm stage anyway :D

But yeah, these works are awesome. I rewatch them on occasion and am amazed each time. I do wonder how many more works will be done? Would love to see Eirin, personally, but I'm not as sure any further stuff will be able keep up the awesomeness. Though I won't mind to be surprised.

Soul Devour

• A Casual Touhou Fan
  • Drifting along, one day at a time
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 06:32:54 PM »
It's not much, but minusT *did* recently change his avatar pic on youtube to Yukari...perhaps a sign of progress?

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 07:51:43 PM »
O... M... F... G! Either I missed that last time I checked, or it's a VERY recent thing. Even from such a little piece, I can tell it'll be as beautiful as Yuyuko's one. Let's hope it will deliver the awesomeness as well. Really wonder what cool stuff can be done with Yukari. I mean, Scarlets moved a lot, Yuyu had her fan. I'm at a loss what to picture for Yukari. Except maybe gaps.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 09:10:15 PM »
O... M... F... G! Either I missed that last time I checked, or it's a VERY recent thing. Even from such a little piece, I can tell it'll be as beautiful as Yuyuko's one. Let's hope it will deliver the awesomeness as well. Really wonder what cool stuff can be done with Yukari. I mean, Scarlets moved a lot, Yuyu had her fan. I'm at a loss what to picture for Yukari. Except maybe gaps.

Well, the battle against Yukari already had a special "feature" from the get-go: Reimu, Marisa and Sakuya TOGETHER against Yukari..... an actual 3vs1! Just with that i can't wait for it!

Maybe he will portrait in some way Yukari's actual use of her Boundary Manipulation to perform some of her spellcards..... that or gaps as you suggested ;)

P.S. @C.Angel lol i didn't even notice that there was a thread months ago.... /facepalm

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 06:03:19 PM »
Where do you people get the idea it will be 3 vs 1? I mean, sure, it'd be cool, but I haven't seen anything that suggested it. Unless there was something over at Nico...

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2014, 02:38:02 AM »
The 3 vs 1 was confirmed in a youtube comment in the Reimu vs Yuyuko video a while back.

Btw minusT is currently rendering Reimu vs Yuyuko in stereoscopic 3D. Looks pretty cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXNNAYrKiUc
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 10:50:04 AM »
Enjoyable... everything used in game is there.

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »
The 3 vs 1 was confirmed in a youtube comment in the Reimu vs Yuyuko video a while back.

- Excuse me to ask that question but...where exactly in the comment was that confirmed the next one will be a "3 vs 1" duel?
Is there an event in the game itself where there a 3 vs 1 duel to begin with...

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 04:55:34 PM »
- Excuse me to ask that question but...where exactly in the comment was that confirmed the next one will be a "3 vs 1" duel?
Is there an event in the game itself where there a 3 vs 1 duel to begin with...
There's no 3 vs 1 duel in the game itself.

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=57Zwrx9a9Lo
You might need to show more of the comments to find it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 04:57:21 PM by shockdude »
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 05:12:51 PM »
Technically there is a 3 vs 1 duel in the actual game... the Prismriver fight. In that case though, the 3 are the ones shooting danmaku, not dodging it.

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 04:05:18 AM »
The 3v1 duel may have been influenced by Border of Death by IOSYS... As I recall the PV of that song had exactly that: Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya fighting Yukari.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 11:44:37 PM »
Okay, that was super rad. The Yuyuko fight turned kinda mellow part of the way through, which made me initially think that it was a mistake to make it so... graceful and floating instead of how hard an' fast danmaku can get your heart racing. But then I remembered that Yuyuko's fight IS like that at times, as graceful as it is intense, and it made me think that this is a really cool adaptation.

I've never seen this person's videos before, so now I am off to watch the others.

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2014, 04:13:48 AM »
Haha, minusT's channel banner is a cool Yukari tease.
http://www.youtube.com/user/0minusT/

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2014, 02:31:33 PM »
I've never seen this person's videos before, so now I am off to watch the others.
I thought you had? At least, I thought it was you who made use of one of his videos as an example of "how to write about danmaku battles" over on PSL (i.e., the Reimu v. Utsuho video).

Of course that could've been another Librarian, or another 3D artist who likes to make danmaku battles.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 02:34:11 PM by Tengukami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

ISC143

• Kouischey
  • Caved Johnson
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 08:15:06 AM »
This guy is epic!

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 12:46:21 PM »
Okay guys, here's your Yukari vs Reimu, Marisa & Sakuya vid.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23869757
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPAUkEKOyyM

... next year.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 02:03:19 PM »
Looks very promising! I don't mind if it takes long to make, I'm still yet to reach Yukari myself, and I'd like to do that before seeing this to fully appreciate it. It's a good motivation, actually.

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 06:50:11 AM »
Looks very promising! I don't mind if it takes long to make, I'm still yet to reach Yukari myself, and I'd like to do that before seeing this to fully appreciate it. It's a good motivation, actually.
Lol that's pretty much the same reason I practiced and beat PCB Phantasm a few weeks ago. I'm glad I did; fighting Yukari in game made watching the trailer much more enjoyable.

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 05:34:05 PM »
His stuff is awesome
EoSD-> Easy clear
PCB-> Normal mode clear (3cc)
MoF-> Stage 6 normal
TD-> Stage 5 normal

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 01:24:59 AM »
Wow, minusT's uploaded even more videos. This time, it's some behind-the-scenes videos.
The construction of the danmaku patterns is really fascinating stuff.

Making of [Touhou3D] - EoSD
Making of [Touhou3D] - Yuyuko

minusT has way too many talents. 3D modeling & animation, digital painting, fluent in three languages, etc.
His recent speedpaint videos also reveal an ability to compose music arrangements.

Yukari: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n-tqkEz0x0
Reimu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIKIn0yeJUg
Letty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohaU77nhD-k
Kaguya: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjjEUxSRxHU

<Tengukami> No need to go for the doublepost/necrobump combo - just edit your previous post! Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 12:48:19 PM by Tengukami »