Author Topic: BulletForge host changing  (Read 3030 times)

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
BulletForge host changing
« on: November 18, 2010, 01:05:11 AM »
Sometime soon, I will be migrating the data from the current BulletForge onto another host and then pointing the domain to that host instead. I will be taking BulletForge down for a few minutes during this time. I haven't done anything yet (still writing the data migration script) so I will let you all know a few hours beforehand in this thread when it will happen. It will likely happen some time tomorrow.

EDIT: My migration script is done. I'll be taking BulletForge down at midnight tonight (PST). It should be up again in half an hour to an hour.
EDIT: Scratch that, doing it now. Hope no one's using it.

EDIT:

BulletForge is up and working now.
The DNS has changed and if you have DNS cached (you probably do), you might be redirected to bulletforge.heroku.com. This is normal, no one hijacked it, and it is only temporary. Keep using bulletforge.org instead of bulletforge.heroku.com because the temporary url will probably be gone in a week.
Also because of the move, there might be some issues. Please report any errors in this thread.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:36:29 AM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Grumskiz

• Likes Tyrian and Cave...also there is Touhou
  • Danmaku without programming or gaming skill
    • My Youtube Channel - German Let's Play Videos
Re: BulletForge host changing
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 03:56:19 AM »
Works fine for me, Blargel.
I took a look at several randomly chosen files and I tried to download one and it works fine.
However, if I notice something, I will poke you and try to be as annoying as possible.[/irony]

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 05:32:31 AM »
There seems to be an issue I found when people upload files with symbols/punctuation in their name. When someone tries to click the download link of an affected file, they are redirected to an XML file with an error in it instead. I believe I know what the issue is already and will be testing and implementing the fix sometime tomorrow. If there's any downtime tomorrow, that's me taking the site down to fix the problem.

EDIT: Should be fixed now.

EDIT: There was another issue where the uploaded images wouldn't show up for some reason. This has also been fixed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:39:54 PM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli

Chau

• Warning! Incoming Engrish post!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 05:02:20 PM »
Sorry for bumping but I can't upload a script to Bulletforge.
After I click on Upload I wait until the progress bar reaches 100%. Nothing happens after that (Bulletforge says that the script hasn't been uploaded yet). 

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 02:43:50 AM »
Sorry for bumping but I can't upload a script to Bulletforge.
After I click on Upload I wait until the progress bar reaches 100%. Nothing happens after that (Bulletforge says that the script hasn't been uploaded yet).

No need to apologize about bringing up a problem. That's what the point of this thread is. This is very confusing though. I don't even know how to test for this problem...
I'll see if I can figure it out.

EDIT: Poking around, I see that the file finishes uploading but the web application never gets told that. Seems like a Javascript error on my part...

EDIT: As expected, I made a silly error. See if it works now.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 03:19:58 AM by Blargel »

Chau

• Warning! Incoming Engrish post!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 03:02:22 PM »
Ok, it's working now. Thanks^^