Author Topic: MotK has learned a new topic! Monster Rancher discussion thread!  (Read 2233 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
For the uninitiated, look here, here, and for a list of games in case both sites are down, here.

Discussion, gameplay status, nostalgia and quick questions go here. I skimmed all 22 pages of this board and I didn't see one dedicated to MR, so I went ahead and made this

Currently playing Monster Rancher 2
Spoiler:
with an emulator, since both of my MR2 discs borked and I don't wanna bother burning another
, aiming to raise all main breeds and unlock all full movesets. I lost my MR4 disc and both my EVO discs have bad rips.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
Re: MotK has learned a new topic! Monster Rancher discussion thread!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 09:31:51 AM »
Ahhh, Monster Rancher :) Great game, thats for sure.

In MR2, does how you answer the 1st 10 questions matter at all? Or is it just for lulz and such?

As is, I've been raising a
Spoiler:
Golem
, since I have the bigger barn. :D Been wondering a few things, like how do I get Lifespan boosting items, and whats a good way to raise a
Spoiler:
Pheonix.
I've also been qondering how to get the
Spoiler:
Dragon
type unlocked, I assume it's good.

Spoiler marking monster types you can't get at first, or are rare/special, as well as other things like it :)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 01:46:05 PM »
Ahhh, Monster Rancher :) Great game, thats for sure.

In MR2, does how you answer the 1st 10 questions matter at all? Or is it just for lulz and such?

As is, I've been raising a
Spoiler:
Golem
, since I have the bigger barn. :D Been wondering a few things, like how do I get Lifespan boosting items, and whats a good way to raise a
Spoiler:
Pheonix.
I've also been qondering how to get the
Spoiler:
Dragon
type unlocked, I assume it's good.

Spoiler marking monster types you can't get at first, or are rare/special, as well as other things like it :)

1. Teh lulz.
Spoiler:
Unless the UFO question affects when you get a Metalner, but it likely does not.
2. Lifespan boosters include
Spoiler:
Gold Peach (Parepare errantry, in the Ivory Tower. May or may not be there, depending on how kind your RNG is), Silver Peach (enter the Elder Cup if your monster is > 6y3m), and Magic Banana (when you get the -10 loyalty effect, that means +1w lifespan)
Otherwise, just make sure you don't feed your monsters any drugs, and don't send it to errantry when it doesn't need to (a glitch in the game causes it to lose more lifespan than necessary).
Spoiler:
Dragon
s are unlocked by
Spoiler:
Getting to 6th rank (S class)
then
Spoiler:
raising another monster to B rank. Keep it in B rank until the second week of August and you will be invited to the Dragon Tusk tournament. Combine two monsters and use the prize as a secret seasoning to get Dragon.

Since MRM appears to be down right now (unless my net is just crap), refer to here as needed; of course, if there's anything unclear, ask around here. ^_^
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:17:50 AM by KounRyuSui »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 11:03:36 PM »
Awww yeah!
MR is one of the coolest series since kunio-kun.
But I digress.

One of my preferred breeds is Tiger, due to good stats.
Recently I've been playing MR:EVO, and raising a
Spoiler:
Joker
/Tiger, called a
Spoiler:
Barghest
Long story short, it can solo the final boss after a few good runs.
And it's a 3rd-Gen one.
Still can't beat the bonus boss, that thing's too much for my monsters, even after having had several generations of powerful monsters.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure