Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 136879 times)

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 03:22:28 AM »
> 0/0/0 veigar

wat

he did nothing but stand under turrets and slow farm

we didn't want to dive him b/c his aoe stun so we just rotated to where he wasn't and rolled the base while he was farming another lane lol

i think he started raging and deliberately not helping his team tbh

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 07:59:50 PM »
Whenever I get annoyed with League, I just play Teemo and everything is OK again! Currently I build Bilgewater Cutlass first, then upgrade to Blade of the Ruined King after I get Guise of Magic Penetration or whatever. Someone complained I don't know how to build Teemo (something about I should build full AP) but I've been having great results with it. 8% HP damage on top of an active ability that lets me win any chase seems like a super good item and it helps take down those annoying tanks who think they own the jungle.

Am I seriously doing something wrong?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 08:54:23 PM »
Whenever I get annoyed with League, I just play Teemo and everything is OK again! Currently I build Bilgewater Cutlass first, then upgrade to Blade of the Ruined King after I get Guise of Magic Penetration or whatever. Someone complained I don't know how to build Teemo (something about I should build full AP) but I've been having great results with it. 8% HP damage on top of an active ability that lets me win any chase seems like a super good item and it helps take down those annoying tanks who think they own the jungle.

Hybrid doesn't doesn't took well compared to going one way or the other because the stats don't work together as well as they would if you went one way or the other. Getting AP + cooldown reduction or AD +attack speed will do more for you then AD and AP would. Even the hybrid champs like Jax and Akali usually go one way or the other.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2015, 09:21:45 PM »

The meta revolves around building either full AP or full AD on characters revolving around dishing out damage, but if you're playing just to have a good time, don't play League it's better to just build your damage items as you please and experiment with whatever you think will be the most fun or most ridiculous combinations. At least, that's how I unwind when it comes to League.

On a more serious level, Teemo is at his most efficient when he's built full AP, with plenty of magic penetration and any extra DoT (damage over time) effects that you can grab. At least, I remember that being the most efficient route to go. Liandry's Torment is great for that, since it offers magic pen and DoT, as well as a health boost to keep him alive. If you have room in your build, grab a Nashor's Tooth as well, for the attack speed and cooldown reduction it offers. That extra on-hit damage it offers is nice, too. Of course, since I don't play Teemo super-regularly anymore, my advice may not be spot-on.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2015, 10:18:26 PM »
teemo usually builds liandry's first and then pure AP

it makes his mushrooms do insane amounts of damage.

but bork isn't awful on him either i guess. part of the reason teemo sucks is b/c all of his buildpaths are awkward and unoptimal

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2015, 11:06:19 PM »
So I'm not exactly doing something wrong, it's just unpopular. Okay! I like the Bilgewater because it helps me catch fleeing enemies, which I have a surprising lot of.

teemo sucks

;_;

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2015, 11:09:30 PM »
i mean at low levels and lower elos (like gold and below in this case) you can play basically anything you want and do just fine without a ton of game knowledge

but at the end of the day, some champions just objectively suck

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2015, 11:44:25 PM »
Teemo is certainly fun to play if you like being an annoyance to the enemy team though. Damn shrooms.

Diana technically sucks balls, same for vel'koz, I still love playing both of them.

Especially bruiser Diana, which is legit bordering on a troll build these days.

But it's a game, and you wanna have fun playing games, so if you have a fun going hybrid teemo, go wild.

Hell, even some high-level players do this, last season TiensiNoAkuma (probably the most well-known Katarina/Jax player in NA) got to challenger on a game where he played AD Katarina, lol.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 11:46:06 PM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2015, 12:27:03 AM »
Diana technically sucks balls
??? not since like IEM

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2015, 12:31:50 AM »
Diana technically sucks balls, same for vel'koz, I still love playing both of them.

diana has actually been a really good counterpick for a long time. she's become popular as a "eat a fucking dick zed, you fucking stupid asshole" pick since IEM

Hell, even some high-level players do this, last season TiensiNoAkuma (probably the most well-known Katarina/Jax player in NA) got to challenger on a game where he played AD Katarina, lol.
yeah, you can theoretically hit challenger playing basically anything, but once you start getting to plat and above, it requires a large amount of game/matchup knowledge to be effective

but gold and below (aka almost the entire playerbase) can just do whatever they want and have about as much success as anything else

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2015, 02:25:48 AM »
I see the servers are still jittery on my end.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2015, 02:26:48 AM »
I see the servers are still jittery on my end.

do you have TWC

they have been fucking up pretty bad lately

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2015, 02:29:17 AM »
do you have TWC

they have been fucking up pretty bad lately

Nah i got centurylink, they sure aren't amazing but its them or COX.  :o

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2015, 05:35:36 AM »
diana has actually been a really good counterpick for a long time. she's become popular as a "eat a fucking dick zed, you fucking stupid asshole" pick since IEM

Which is why I said "technically" since rn that's basically all she's really good for as far as competitive is concerned.

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2015, 01:31:26 AM »
Which one of these turds is worth the points? http://puu.sh/huAyE/cf3cd9371a.jpg

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2015, 04:14:55 AM »
Which one of these turds is worth the points? http://puu.sh/huAyE/cf3cd9371a.jpg
Rek'sai, Kalista, Gnar, and Braum are all fairly competitive picks; Azir is too, although he requires a lot of skill.  Bard might be but even Riot's not sure if he's underpowered or just really, really unfavourable outside of full premade teams.  Vel'koz is fun but generally not considered strong at all.

Also, dat Magical Girl Lux skin.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2015, 04:16:26 AM »
Pick Gnar.

Gnar is best champion, all else need not apply.

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2015, 06:31:17 AM »
oh my god mahou shoujo lux is finally happening

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2015, 08:46:18 AM »
kalista is stupid

her e is ridiculously good. it's impossible to lane against any half good kalista b/c rend will out trade you no matter what. her support can literally be afk and she will still out trade you and your support most of the time

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2015, 10:02:08 AM »
You guys can we talk about Ashe Neue

[04:54:32] colseed: hmm
[04:54:49] colseed: and they took out her former Focus passive, or whatever it was called?
[04:55:05] colseed: the...build up to 100 stacks and then crit thing
[04:55:16] Amadeus Koch: > "If Ashe has not attacked in the last 3 seconds, she gains 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 Focus stacks per second. At 100 stacks, Ashe will critically strike on her next basic attack. Thereafter, Focus stacks will reset to an amount equal to her critical strike chance."
[04:55:24] Amadeus Koch: Hm
[04:55:30] Amadeus Koch: I never ever noticed this
[04:55:35] Amadeus Koch: What kind of ADC supports not attacking
[04:56:16] colseed: yeah, that's the thing
[04:56:30] colseed: it meant that you could deal a lot more damage on first hit by waiting though
[04:56:40] Amadeus Koch: It's good for.... initiates
[04:56:40] Amadeus Koch: maybe
[04:56:42] Amadeus Koch: but that
[04:56:44] Amadeus Koch: is about it
[04:56:54] colseed: she could still crit afterward normally though, i think
[04:56:58] Amadeus Koch: yeah
[04:57:06] colseed: so you'd start off with a guaranteed crit, then usual attacks
[04:57:13] Amadeus Koch: but this is exciting still because she will always crit after one usual attack :V
[04:57:17] colseed: heheh
[04:57:24] Amadeus Koch: The thing is, your crit chances become factored into your crit damage
[04:57:24] colseed: ashe of the guaranteed crits
[04:57:40] colseed: so...higher crit chance --> more damage?
[04:57:41] Amadeus Koch: Yeah
[04:57:47] colseed: hmm
[04:57:55] colseed: this might be k
[04:58:00] Amadeus Koch: Up to 210% at 100% crit, or 260% if the Infinity Edge is equipped
[04:58:09] Amadeus Koch: The thing is that it takes the randomness out of it
[04:58:29] Amadeus Koch: You'll have to decide for yourself if you prefer 60% chance to deal 200% damage or 100% chance to deal 170% damage
[04:58:35] Amadeus Koch: !last <raitaki> NO CRITS
[04:58:46] colseed: lel

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2015, 10:42:50 AM »
The change of Ashe's passive is pretty significant.  It did definitely exist in an interesting space.  It meant going into a teamfight or returning to lane you'd pretty much always have a crit 'readied' and chunk someone's face, but then it stopped even existing really.

This definitely has me a bit more interested in general in playing Ashe though.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2015, 10:58:39 AM »
the new ashe thing is basically an experiment i think

crit is a bad stat in general. it's basically just how dodge was except damage. there's some mitigating factors like the pseudo rng, but really the only reason it exists is because ADCs require it to exist in teamfights

new ashe is basically to give them one ADC they can tune and play with to see if ashe can reach appreciable but acceptable amounts of damage without critting. if this is successful, i wouldn't be surprised to see more ADCs be reworked to have empowered auto attacks(ex: vayne's w scaling off of crit, lucian's lightslinger, corki passive, jinx rockets, etc.) since it'd be a lot healthier for the game than crit

i, for one, am pretty sick of losing duels to weaker ADCs because they get three crits in a row and i don't get any

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2015, 04:58:06 AM »
A fun match. Kassadin was really strong early game, having huge bursts that none of us could handle. I thought we'd lose the game because we couldn't kill him. Volibear was looting my jungle too. Fortunately our bot lane, the only lane that was winning.

Their team fell apart towards the middle, though. Darius kept pushing top too far and I'd gank him, our mid started to recover once I started racking kills, dragon got ganked, I started to snowball, and once again it was proven Wards Win Games.

I love playing sej, I'm so tanky that I'm hard to kill without serious outmatching/gang-ups, and I had hilarious escapes with my q. That match I managed to escape through my jungle, smited my red for HP, then q'd my way back to base. At the very end Kassadin got a quadra, and chased me down the entire mid lane trying to penta me, but I flash'd and q'd all the way home alive.

anyway wood league thoughts, but o well.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 05:01:42 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Widermelonz

• Delicious
  • Yum

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2015, 09:33:55 AM »
solo queue 2 hard

I really wish proxy Singed wasn't a thing. It can be way too effective for how stupid it is.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2015, 10:23:12 AM »
I really wish proxy Singed wasn't a thing. It can be way too effective for how stupid it is.

that'd be really low cs for a 40m proxy singed

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
DAE le 4 major regions????????

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

you thought fnatic could beat skt

but it was me, dio!

Ryuu

• time to press r again
i've been saying all season that tsm can wreck NA with their bjerg focused strategies, but they can't win world stages while throwing dyrus under the bus every game

oh boy look what happened

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
you thought fnatic could beat skt

but it was me, dio!

They came closer than any other team did so far. And out of all the teams there except the Wildcard they have the least experience.

I'm pretty sure I said it before. People who said the EU finals looked 'sloppy' are not regarding the situation. Aggressive team vs Aggressive team will have a lot more kills and catches than defensive team vs defensive team that know each other inside out. When both teams are attempting to make plays at the same time, things are gonna look chaotic. It's exactly what China looked like in S4 and no-one said China was sloppy.

And lo and behold; Fnatic stomped TSM, and did the best against SKT out of all the teams there.

I'll admit I doubted we'd see any performance from EU at MSI. But what this shows is that a still-growing EU team with no international experience is better than a very experienced; #1; NA team.

Which is a huge issue for NA, if their super-experienced #1 team is performing worse than other regions teams with 0 international experience and who still have a lot of room to grow [Especially since rival teams are also rookies; so they also get better and thus force Fnatic's level up; the Cloud9/LMQ effect] Frankly this should be a blaring warning light for the NA scene because if this continues they are going to be completely irrelevant on the world scene. It's already starcraft-like enough when NA imports so many players who can't make it in their own scenes...

Also why on earth did TSM pick Bard.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:58:00 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.