Author Topic: A UFO thread I guess  (Read 49461 times)

Gpop

Re: A UFO thread I guess
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2009, 08:33:31 PM »
Ichirin's theme was pretty bad imo while Nazrin's and Tatara's were awesome.

Out of the three, Nazrin's theme was the only noticeably good song out there for me. Kogasa's theme was pretty bland, as well as Ichirin's.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2009, 08:43:04 PM »
Go to hell. Immediately.
I am already there with Shiki Eiki-sama ~ . But seriously, I was hoping for a more grand theme because of Unzan's fisting actions. It sounded all so . . . unexplainable. And if you take Nazrin's theme for example, it fits perfectly, same goes for Kogasa. But yea, that is how I feel about it.

So what about Wriggle, Mystia, and Keine?
Imperishable Unidentified Fantastic Night Object. I don't know. Guess speculations are useless, ZUN knows.

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 08:59:22 PM »
Gameplay-related things that I'm hoping for:

-Late-game danmaku that doesn't screw the non-Reimu characters over.
-A final spellcard that isn't as lame as SA's final spellcard.
-An extra stage that I actually care about.
-For ZUN to see the light and bring the old continue system back (please...? ;_;)

The above things were the only really big gripes I had with SA.  Fix these, and I'm sure it will be awesome.  Oh yeah, and stage 3 is BS, nerf it, etc.

Other things that I'm hoping for:

-Epic stage 4-6 themes (I'm sure ZUN has got this one covered like he always does)
-More ridiculous character designs/concepts (we've had stuff like a nucear crow loli and a necromancing wheelbarrow-pushing catgirl.  ZUN has some mighty big shoes to fill.)
-Not Mima rofl

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 09:05:16 PM »
I'm hoping it gets released sometime after my first lunatic 1cc...which I hope is in less than a month.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 09:11:08 PM »
Gameplay-related things that I'm hoping for:
-For ZUN to see the light and bring the old continue system back (please...? ;_;)
Seeing the current demo version of UFO hasn't got it, it is going to be quite hard =[ I too want that back.

Gambit

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 01:04:49 AM »
Sadly, I am use to the new system now. It has gotten to the point where I don?t even bother to continue anymore in the games that allowed it. Still wish ZUN would change it back though. Also, if ZUN is going to keep the new continue system then he at least needs to make so that once you reach a stage it becomes unlocked for practice instead forcing you to clear it.

Yumemi or Iku coming back would be nice even though it probably will not happen.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 01:05:24 AM »
All i wan is for the UFO system to be tweaked.. it's going to be memorizing and planning when the UFOs should come out and etc and that's not very cool

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 01:11:50 AM »
Oh yes, by the way: I promised I wouldn't use haxcheats for the next game ZUN made in which he took Easy mode seriously. This is not that game. (The nature of continues only makes it worse.)

Desert

• Teehee!
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 04:02:53 AM »
I really like UFO. Maybe it's because it was the first Touhou game (er... demo... but whatever) I played, there's definitely something that just makes it stand out to me.

I also enjoy the UFO system, mainly because it works in a sorta risk and reward way. Though I can't help but feel that lives should still require 5 star pieces rather than 3. I dunno, maybe it's because I feel that there's something wrong about gaining 2 lives before the end of the the first stage.

Now the continue system that was introduced in MoF. I say it feels more like "Would you like to practice this stage?" rather than an actual continue system. Though I gotta say, I kinda like it like that, especially since I have this "1cc or bust" (I think I used that right, but correct me if I used it wrong) mentality when it comes to arcade style games.
Yup, still lurking.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 04:10:32 AM »
maybe it's because I feel that there's something wrong about gaining 2 lives before the end of the the first stage.
I've maxed lives on the demo.  It's not that hard @_@
(But then again, you get FAR fewer bombs in UFO than any other Touhou game to date...)

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009, 04:30:33 AM »
I've maxed lives on the demo.  It's not that hard @_@
(But then again, you get FAR fewer bombs in UFO than any other Touhou game to date...)
HAHAHAHA...Green UFOs. Filling them gets you a bomb, and they drop a third of a bomb when you kill them. SO YEAH. And you keep any bombs after you die, although that means you don't get the two bombs you get when you have 0 when you die.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2009, 04:36:07 AM »
HAHAHAHA...Green UFOs. Filling them gets you a bomb, and they drop a third of a bomb when you kill them. SO YEAH. And you keep any bombs after you die, although that means you don't get the two bombs you get when you have 0 when you die.
But that means you're not getting any lives.

I'm kind of hoping for a repeat of Mystic Square for Stage 4.  The heroine encounters and fights both of the other two...AT THE SAME TIME!

...oh, wait, I hated that fight.  Never mind.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2009, 04:41:57 AM »
UFO has definitely grown on me. Even though I continue to be baffled by the people who say Sanae B is the strongest. And before you all rush in to prove Sanae B is the strongest: I KNOW. I've heard it all - the shot spread, the time down to tenths of a second that it takes to kill bosses, the ability to shotgun - I get it. But only with Sanae A do I consistently pick up 2 extends before I even fight Nazrin a second time.

And I agree Tatara's theme is awesome - I have it on my phone to listen to in .mp3 player mode when I ride the bus to work (Satori Maiden - 3rd Eye is my ringtone, and Beloved Tomboyish Daughter is my alarm).

But I can't hear Ichirin's theme without remembering that one Nicovideo Hisamoto parody video and giggling like a schoolgirl.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2009, 05:35:40 AM »
What I'm most baffled about is why you people continue to call her Tatara. You calling Kogasa "Tatara" would only work if you also called Ichirin "Kumoi."
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2009, 07:47:39 AM »
What I'm most baffled about is why you people continue to call her Tatara. You calling Kogasa "Tatara" would only work if you also called Ichirin "Kumoi."

Speaking for myself, it's the name I remember. I'm always like "K ... K-something. The umbrella girl ... Tatara!"

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Mima

• Permabanned
  • By Benny1
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2009, 10:58:29 AM »
Actually, I'd prefer it if I didn't appear in UFO. I'd much rather wait until Touhou 13. Why? Because UFO is goddamn awful with the worst music, gameplay and characters in the entire series.

It is also why I remain skeptical and uncaring about the full release and doubt it'll improve although I'd like to be surprised.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2009, 11:20:52 AM »
Actually, I'd prefer it if I didn't appear in UFO. I'd much rather wait until Touhou 13. Why? Because UFO is goddamn awful with the worst music, gameplay and characters in the entire series.
And then Mima was a troll. Just like in the games. =3

Well, you're still a nice shot type in MS.

Gpop

« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2009, 05:42:56 PM »
Well if Mima were to EVER return, at least make it somewhat epic and fits her. I agree with what Mima said and probably wait for TH13. UFO is just not for her at all.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2009, 05:54:16 PM »

It is also why I remain skeptical and uncaring about the full release and doubt it'll improve although I'd like to be surprised.

Touhou demos generally suck - almost all the really good music, danmaku, and characters are stage 4 onwards usually (With a couple exceptions of your choice, of course).  The fact that we're getting noteworthy unique-ish danmaku as early as stage 3 has my hopes up.

« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2009, 06:03:07 PM »
Nah, judging UFO based on a demo version that only contains about a 3rd of the entire game and is still in the middle of testing is perfectly reasonable and not jumping to conclusions at all.

Pako

• Forum pessimist, chatbox optimist
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »
How about Rika for extra boss.
She is an engineer so she could build an UFO right?

This shameful piece of shit was made by a certain Anonymous-Fairy, but is now deleted- bawwwww.

Wordspoken

• Death Moe
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2009, 11:21:54 PM »
Think about it this way: If Mima returns, the fanboys will shut up about her returning.  If she never returns, they will never shut up about it.

Actually, should Mima appear the would be rejoice and then we would speculate when is she going to appear again  ;D

Best way to deal with drooling fanboys is to ignore, them. Please forgive me.
This voice...sounds like a drunken loli. Is that you, Suika?

nintendonut888

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2009, 11:25:00 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot something: The people criticizing UFO's music are horrible people. I HATE the demo and consider it SoEW-level in fun, and I still think the music is some of the best ZUN's ever composed.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2009, 03:05:55 AM »
It grew on me. I hated it at first but it really grew on me.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2009, 03:52:19 AM »
UFO is neat.

Every stage so far has had new danmaku, and the character art is awesome. It's easier than SA by a long shot. Except stage 3. I can never capture Ichirin's 2nd card. And Kogasa's a beast. Music is very nice, ZUN has topped his previous "most epic stage 1 boss theme" with Nazrin's theme. UFO System is really unique(and incredibly frustrating).

Also,
Extra stage will be at the Moriya Shrine

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2009, 11:41:07 AM »
Also,
Extra stage will be at the Moriya Shrine

NOT AGAIN! D8

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2009, 03:43:52 PM »
The people criticizing UFO's music are horrible people.

ICHIRIN'S THEME IS BAD

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2009, 05:34:20 PM »
Donut, don't try it. I tried it, and it has no sense criticizing people hating UFO's music.
Problem is, that UFO comes right after SA, where pretty much every track is a master piece.
So it's pretty hard for UFO to follow.

nintendonut888

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2009, 05:51:15 PM »
You know what's funny? SA is in the lower tier of Touhou OSTs IMO. Songs like 3rd Eye and Last Remote and Walking the Streets of a Former Hell are countered by bleh songs like Heartfelt Fancy, The Dark Blowhole, and the title and ending themes.

Meanwhile, the only tracks in UFO I'm not terribly fond of are A Tiny Tiny Clever Commander and whatever the stage 2 theme is.

Oh man my opinions are popular.

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2009, 05:54:08 PM »
Not as popular as mine! ^__^

/offtopic

I'm extremely excited for UFO, but it sucks that I'll have band camp before it comes out. ;_;