Author Topic: 14th Annual Touhou Project Popularity Contest  (Read 74269 times)

Drake

14th Annual Touhou Project Popularity Contest
« on: January 13, 2018, 09:38:46 PM »
14th Annual Touhou Project Popularity Contest

(おいもと)
http://toho-vote.info/

The Touhou Project Popularity Contest, held by the Japanese Touhou Wiki for over a decade, is a poll open to fans around the globe to vote on their favorite characters and music throughout the Touhou series. Voting is open!

Voting

Voting Period: Sunday, January 14th 00:00 JST ~ Saturday, January 20th 23:59 JST

Voting is done similarly to the previous years. You will need to obtain a voting ID by submitting your email address to the site; you will receive an email with your voting ID included, and when completing any poll you will need to enter this voting ID. There is only one voting ID allowed per person.

Voting ID requests can be made half a day in advance of the polls opening. As such, they are already available as of this thread posting.
Please request your ID before the poll starts if possible, to help take some load off of the server during the voting period. Additionally, as you can vote anytime during the voting period, perhaps take care to save your votes until later during the week.

Please refer to this site for the clock / time by which the contest is operating.

Four categories are available for voting :

In the same order as on the site :
Character Poll - Vote for your (maximum of) 7 favourite characters. Your top vote will receive 2 points as opposed to 1.
Music Poll -  Vote for your (maximum of) 10 favourite songs. Your top vote will receive 2 points as opposed to 1.
Works Poll -  Vote for your (maximum of) 5 favourite works. Your top vote will receive 2 points as opposed to 1.
Voter Questionnaire - A questionnaire collecting voter data on demographics, game clear rates, game and manga ownership, etc.

Here is a list of the candidates that you can vote for in each poll. The top four links send respectively to the list of characters, the list of songs, the list of works, and a list of arranges that will count as the same at their original.

With your votes, you can submit comments about your vote. These will be published on the website once the poll is over. Both your vote and comments can be edited until voting closes.

Translation

http://drakeirving.github.io/touhoudict

Touhoudict is a tool that automatically translates names (currently the characters and works) directly on the voting and results pages. Please try it out!

Here is a translation of the questionnaire.

FAQ

General

Q. Can I vote from my cell phone?
A. You can vote, but support for phones is not guaranteed. If errors occur such that you cannot vote, please vote from a different location, such as a net cafe or a friend's PC, instead.

Q. Do I need to fill out the comment field?
A. Filling out the comment field isn't necessary.

Q. I don't want to fill out all the spots for votes.
A. Vote for as many as you would like, then leave the others unselected.

Q. Can people outside Japan vote?
A. Yes.

Q. Will it be okay if I vote from the same computer as my siblings, etc.?
A. While it's impossible to say with 100% certainty that your votes won't be mistakenly judged to be duplicate votes, if you include the voting reason in the comment, it should be fine.

Q. I have no choice but to vote using a free e-mail address; will it be all right if I fill out the comment field properly?
A. As long as it's not a duplicate vote, there won't be any problem.
Note: Recently there has been a surge in votes from one-time-use emails. In case using one is unavoidable they will not be prohibited, but please be aware that there is a higher likelihood that these may be marked as duplicates or invalid votes.

Q. What is the maximum number of characters allowed for comments at voting time?
A. 200 full-width characters. [or 400 ASCII characters.]

Q. My Voter ID email never arrived.
A. It can sometimes take time for the ID to reach the listed email. Also, if you do any mail filtering (even if done automatically through your email service), it may fail to arrive. Please whitelist the domains "@thwiki.info" (for ID requests) and "gmail.com" (for inquiries) so all such emails can go through (if gmail is not whitelisted, even if you make an inquiry, replies may not arrive).
If more than a day has passed, you can resubmit the Voter ID Form using the same email. If you've done all these steps and still don't receive the email, please contact us using the Contact Form or through Twitter.

Character

Q. Can I vote for Lily Black?
A. She is included in the "Lily White" option. (Note: In the "Kare Radio" broadcast on Aug 21, 2010, ZUN commented that Lily White and Lily Black are the same character.)

Q. Can I vote for Rin Satsuki?
A. As a character which does not officially exist, she will not be included.

Q. There's no option for the character I want to vote for...
A. As Seihou/Uwabami Breakers characters/ZUN are not characters that have appeared in the Touhou series, they will not be included.
In addition, inanimate objects (Yin-Yang orbs, gameplay items, etc) except for the Shanghai Doll and UFOs will not be included.

Q. Story of Eastern Wonderland's Stage 1 midboss and Stage 3 boss are inanimate objects, so I can understand why they're not included, but can't I vote for other PC-98 midbosses?
A. As of the 14th contest they can be voted for.

Q. Regarding the fairy mooks, will there be separate options for fairy maids, etc?
A. Characters without proper names will be included in the options named after their race.

Q. Can I vote for the girl on the Dolls in Pseudo Paradise cover/label?
A. As of the 13th contest they can be voted for, as "Dolls in Pseudo Paradise CD Jacket Girl" and "Dolls in Pseudo Paradise CD Label Girl".

Music

Q. How will votes for arrangements of original songs appearing on the music CDs be handled?
A. Arrangements will be displayed as separate items on the voting screen, but votes for the arrangements and their original songs will be counted together during vote totaling. Please vote for the arrangement you like the most. You cannot vote for both the original song and the arrangement, but the counts of which songs were voted for will be included in the results.

Q. How will "Love-Colored Magic" and "Love-Colored Master Spark" be handled?
A. Please refer to the table of arrangements with different names which will be counted together with their original songs.

Q. Aren't "Bloom Nobly, Ink-Black Cherry Blossoms ~ Border of Life" and "Border of Life" different arrangements of the same song?
A. In this poll, they are treated as different songs.

Questionnaire

Q. Regarding the voter survey questions on game clear status, aren't frame drop rates going to be included?
A. We're not being that hardcore in having such strict policies on counting clears.

Other

Q. Are there any plans to include the spell card poll?
A. It will not be implemented this time.

Q. Can I use pictures I've drawn on Pixiv, etc. as publicity images?
A. Publicity is welcome. In addition, including the hashtag "#toho_vote14" and "第14回東方Project人気投票" is recommended. Registered participants can put links to these works here.

Previous Threads

7th Contest - Voting - Results
8th Contest - Voting & Results
9th Contest - Voting & Results
10th Contest - Voting & Results
11th Contest - Voting & Results
12th Contest - Voting & Results
13th Contest - Voting & Results

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:32:11 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Re: 14th Annual Touhou Project Popularity Contest
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 10:37:37 PM »
Oh boy, can't wait to be disappointed by the fan bases tastes again.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 10:54:23 PM »
Oh boy, can't wait to laugh at entitled fools giving the whole fandom shit for having diverse tastes.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 11:36:58 PM »
Oh boy, can't wait to see if Kisume beats out the Tsukumo sisters.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 11:47:10 PM »
Oh boy, can't wait to see what heights the meme teller is gonna reach this time.

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 01:33:47 AM »
Nvm.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 01:43:58 AM by Lebon14 »

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 03:03:49 AM »
I am running a campaign to have people spare a vote for Shizuha, in order to break the Aki Sandwich. This is mostly a test of the influence of non-Japanese voters on the results. For example, we'd be able to measure how influential we are by seeing how many places we can boost Shizuha above Minoriko. Feel free to participate if that interests you. Or, you know, vote for Shizuha because she's cool.

Drake

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 03:49:06 AM »
Although I put it in the OP, I'm going to continue to push the touhoudict tool for translating the voting options on the page:

https://drakeirving.github.io/touhoudict

pls feedback

Drake

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 10:24:44 AM »
The email can possibly get triggered by spam filters. If you don't get the voter ID within like a couple minutes something probably happened to it or you put in the wrong address, because it should basically just automatically email you. Just try again or use a different address.

GenericArrangements

• The Monthly Ghost of the Art Atelier
  • i do the music thing (!?)
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 11:28:35 AM »
Oh hey I can participate in this and vote for insignificant characters that happen to be my favourites even though I know they will get incredibly low scores in the poll lol.
Please read my posts as if I'm not taking them too seriously.

i did a lunatic 1cc of MoF once and i'm happy enough with just that

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 11:30:38 AM »
>Diverse tastes
>Reimu has only ever been anything other than #1 two times over 14 years
>EOSD was voted as the most popular touhou game twice in a row
>literally the only characters who were from games/media after MOF and in the top 10 the last few years were the Satoris, but literally almost all of top 15 have been mostly early windows.
>that greater fairy who literally has never spoken ever, yet is more popular than Mamizou, Yuugi, Tewi, Kanako and probably some other characters who actually have fucking personality.
>kek

Diverse tastes my ass. It's been largely the same early windows (Before MOF) bias it's always been since it started. Sometimes we'll get someone like Sagume or Sejia who'll be forgotten in a few years. The only exceptions so far are the Komeijis, that's it. Everyone else gets safted by the dumb green haired fairy.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 12:38:04 PM »
I am running a campaign to have people spare a vote for Shizuha, in order to break the Aki Sandwich. This is mostly a test of the influence of non-Japanese voters on the results. For example, we'd be able to measure how influential we are by seeing how many places we can boost Shizuha above Minoriko. Feel free to participate if that interests you. Or, you know, vote for Shizuha because she's cool.

Sorry clarste, i had to use my last vote on Aunn. She forced my hand. There was nothing I can do since she's been watching me, all this time.

WindyKitsune

• Lumin(ifer)ous Touhouism
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 03:04:55 PM »
Please avoid hijacking characters votes for random reasons.
Personally, Aki sisters are really nice characters and it would be sad for me knowing they got a distorted score because someone said "we'd be able to measure how influential we are",
even if their mean score is pretty low; obviously, this can be said for any other major or minor character of the series.
The vote's meaning is to probe people's preferences, introducing external factors on the score just makes it devoid of reasons to exist.

If you are willing to see how many non-Japanese people are voting you can:
- make a post here and ask people to write down if they voted on this contest.
- do it for other communities;
or
- make a poll using external services and invite the most people possible to vote.

Just vote responsibly and have fun.

Or, you know, vote for Shizuha because she's cool.
Despite everything said she will be voted for this reason.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2018, 03:37:24 PM »
Diverse tastes my ass. It's been largely the same early windows (Before MOF) bias it's always been since it started. Sometimes we'll get someone like Sagume or Sejia who'll be forgotten in a few years. The only exceptions so far are the Komeijis, that's it. Everyone else gets safted by the dumb green haired fairy.
Man, how dare people like popular things. Especially when they don't affect your own tastes, what senseless monsters.

Already voted, my top 7 didn't change since last year, with Yuuka still on top.

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2018, 04:32:20 PM »
The email can possibly get triggered by spam filters. If you don't get the voter ID within like a couple minutes something probably happened to it or you put in the wrong address, because it should basically just automatically email you. Just try again or use a different address.

Did you try with an hotmail address? Neither the spam folder or the main folder got it.
I'll retry though...

EDIT
I did enter my email correctly. So... it might just be that sending ID email to Hotmail addresses just send an email to the void.
I'll try a totally different hotmail address then, if nothing, I'll try my gmail.

EDIT 2
Yup, received it instantly on a GMail address. Hotmail just means emails in the void. Somebody fluent in Japanese might just want to contact the webmaster about it (admin@thwiki.info). I would but my Japanese is non-existent.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 04:48:56 PM by Lebon14 »

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 05:02:31 PM »
As disappointed as I am too by the transient popularity (or the lack thereof) the more recent releases receive, I'd not go as far as to criticize people for liking the things they like, even more so if it's all pretty much just fantasy and hardly affects real life.

Anyways:
(anything besides the #1 choice is in no particular order)

Top 7 Characters
  • Okina Matara
  • Jo'on Yorigami
  • Junko
  • Shinmyoumaru Sukuna
  • Satori Komeiji
  • Aya Shameimaru
  • Aunn Komano

Top 10 Themes
  • Pure Furies ~ Whereabouts of the Heart
  • Tonight Stars an Easygoing Egoist (Live ver) ~ Egoistic Flowers
  • The Concealed Four Seasons
  • The Yorimashi Sits Between Dream and Reality ~ Necro-Fantasia
  • The Sea Where One's Home Planet Reflects
  • Kobito of the Shining Needle ~ Little Princess (DDC ver)
  • Illusionary White Traveler
  • Satori Maiden ~ 3rd eye
  • Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon
  • Emotional Skyscraper ~ Cosmic Mind (UFO ver)

Top 5 Works
  • Hidden Star in Four Seasons
  • Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom
  • Double Dealing Character
  • Subterranean Animism
  • Mountain of Faith

Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 06:00:43 PM »
EDIT 2
Yup, received it instantly on a GMail address. Hotmail just means emails in the void. Somebody fluent in Japanese might just want to contact the webmaster about it (admin@thwiki.info). I would but my Japanese is non-existent.

I've had this problem too and I'm trying to write an email. Unfortunately all of my usual contacts who know Japanese are offline. Minus PMing Clarste (who I don't really want to bother as I assume they're a busy person) there aren't much people I know anymore who are fluent in Japanese. All I've done is preface the the email with "I don't understand Japanese but I understand English." That's about all the Japanese I know and I'm not entirely sure I've got it grammatically correct.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 07:17:16 PM »
I don't know how predictive this is, but apparently the exit polls (ie: twitter posts) are showing the final boss of AoCF (Blue) breaking into the top 10. Also Koishi is #1 again. The second highest newcomer is Aunn at 34. Doremy jumped from #70 to top 20.

https://twitter.com/ShioSyakeYakiNi/status/952349906622021633

Edit: Yukari and Tenshi have also been boosted into the top 10, ejecting Alice, Remilia, and Aya.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:18:52 PM by Clarste »

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 08:21:22 PM »
I think it's still pretty early to have exit polls, and I'm pretty sure they weren't very accurate last time because the posts don't include first place and one to three names at best.

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2018, 08:24:34 PM »
Yeah, I didn't think it would be especially accurate. It's fun though.

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 09:17:00 PM »
Although I put it in the OP, I'm going to continue to push the touhoudict tool for translating the voting options on the page:

https://drakeirving.github.io/touhoudict

pls feedback

It works... on the intended pages. You know, you could totally just wrote a script (Tampermonkey, violentmonkey, etc) that could do that and for the entire site too. For exemple, When I chose my songs, I was on my own. Luckily, I always refer to the songs by their original names; so I knew where to go from there. But somebody else? Hmm, not sure. Also, I also completed the survey which you did not touch and had to rely on Google TL and the page Source Code to get to copy & paste into Google TL to get it done.

In other words, it works but far from convenient and also incomplete.

----------As for my voting...
Characters (in order of course)
1. Momiji
2. Aunn
3. Ran
4. Reimu
5. Sanae
6. Aya
Sincerely hope you're not surprised for the first choice. Originally, I voted for Aya in 3rd and Kyouko in 7th. However, I remembered I love Ran (I have a weakness for fox/cat ears girls) and to drop Aya from 3rd to 7th. Also considered Rin, Chen, Mamizou and Kagerou but I like them less. Reimu and Sanae are just where they need to be, imo.

Songs:
1. さくらさくら ~ Japanize Dream...
2. 廃獄ララバイ
3. 霊知の太陽信仰 ~ Nuclear Fusion
4. 永遠の巫女 (Original)
5. ネクロファンタジア
6. ラストリモート
7. 死体旅行 ~ Be Of Good Cheer!
8. 博麗 ~ Eastern Wind
9. Bad Apple!!
10. 夢幻遊戯 ~ Dream War
Shout-out to Subterranean Animism soundtrack and PC-98 chiptunes. If I could've voted for entire soundtracks, I would have voted for SA, Dim.Dream and Story Of Eastern Wonderland by a landslide lol.

Works:
I never played any of the games so, my choices were basically the mangas.
1. Forbidden Scrollery
2. Wild And Horned Hermit
3. Sangetsusei
4. Dateless Bar "Old Adam"
5. Dr. Latency's Freak Report
The CD choices are... just to fill the void. Bougetsushou is very "heh" and I haven't seen the physical magazines so I can't say I love them.

So, that's it.

Drake

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2018, 02:04:11 AM »
It works... on the intended pages. You know, you could totally just wrote a script (Tampermonkey, violentmonkey, etc) that could do that and for the entire site too. For exemple, When I chose my songs, I was on my own. Luckily, I always refer to the songs by their original names; so I knew where to go from there. But somebody else? Hmm, not sure. Also, I also completed the survey which you did not touch and had to rely on Google TL and the page Source Code to get to copy & paste into Google TL to get it done.

In other words, it works but far from convenient and also incomplete.
Of course I could. But asking people to go download something like tampermonkey and then install the script is going to be more cumbersome to the average user that has probably never even opened the browser console before; giving instructions to just copypaste code was the first solution and should be easy enough for anyone. After tweaking things around I just added the bookmarklet and finished this thread (from my phone) while already busy yesterday. If you really need a userscript despite being able to work the other options I can do that.

Also, have you considered the possibility that I know it's incomplete right now? :/ The main object literally has an empty `music` key. I've just not organized the data for music titles yet because it's a decent amount of work. If you want to do that yourself then go right ahead dude, it would be appreciated, but I might be able to do it tonight.

Second also, the survey is only posted at the time of the contest, not in advance, so there is no possible way I could have that ready, and going beyond term-term matching isn't what the tool is for. I've provided the questionnaire translations for the past two contests already and fully intend to do this one; if you didn't know that then ok, but it really feels like you're accusing me of just not putting in the effort or something which is frankly insulting and wrong. I care about the questionnaire results more than anything else.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:27:53 AM by Drake »

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2018, 03:12:03 AM »
Edit: Yukari and Tenshi have also been boosted into the top 10, ejecting Alice, Remilia, and Aya.

For obvious reasons I can't just let this happen without doing somthing to fight it. I have sent an email with help from my Japanese teacher telling them that I didn't get an ID and that Hotmail may have been causing problems for us non-Japanese users.

That being said, I've gone and voted for Alice in order to at least try to maintain her position. She once got more first place votes than Reimu - even if I didn't love her it'd be a shame to let that only be a tale of long ago.

Characters:
1. Alice
2. Yukari
3. Nitori
4. Doremy Sweet
5. Yuuka Kazami
6. Mima
7. Shizuha Aki (Sorry Marisa and Aki sandwich but for the pride of the west I must)

The flip from valuing friendship more than respect has flipped again as the 3rd peak of my life is well and truly over. I prayed to Hina Kagiyama and I believe that she at least tried to answer that prayer as the result I asked for ended up being true. Not to mention this year we had the return of Yukari Yakumo (reminding me why I respect her) and more involvement from Doremy Sweet (Proving what I believed about her and only strengthening my faith in her). The biggest fall has been Mima. I still long for the days that we will see Mima again and I still have to hold myself back from fighting all who believe those days weren't canon but I do respect Doremy quite a bit and even the nostalgic fire in my heart can grow weary. I also replaced Marisa with Shizuha by Clarste's demand. I actually like the Aki sandwich but if it means I get to represent us then I must do what I can. Marisa wouldn't have come 8th either, She would have come 5th probably.

Titles:
1. Phantasmagoria of dim dream
2. Antimony of Common Flowers
3. Forbidden Scrollery
4. Symposium of post mysticism and perfect memento in strict sense
5. Imperishable night

Phantasmagoria of dim dream feels most like danmaku battles to me - having an overall feel that I just prefer over PoFV. I rarely give unfinished games any leeway whatsoever. I know that I have bias due to 2 characters I literally worship being in the game but on the games own merits it managed to recapture the mystery and adventure I haven't felt from a game in ages. The progression of the Main Menu theme really added to that feeling of uncovering more and unlocking my way through the game. Having some respect beaten into me by Shion was a really memorable experience too. I get a lot of "I know that feel" from Shion's fan art but in that speech she made, I felt a feel that months earlier made me want to kill myself. In fighting her and the great fight she put up I gained a lot of respect for the poverty god. I can only hope that my friends felt the same way when they fought me under similar circumstances. Forbidden Scrollery was a great story itself but also holds a special place in my heart as a few weeks before it was revealved, I had a dream that I saw Kosuzu in a storm and asked Aya to help her out of it. By this point, the even had already happened - it just hadn't been published yet. I still think that maybe I saw the vision that Reimu saw when she asked the spirits where Kosuzu was. I also like lore so SoPM and PMiSS were a given. IN is so far my favourite of the games in the main series that I've completed.

Not sure if I'll post the musics. I don't rank my music favourites. Do we have a touhousort for music?
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 03:51:02 AM »
1) Aya Shameimaru
2) Reisen Udongein Inaba
3) Toyosatomimi no Miko
4) Iku Nagae
5) Eiki Shiki, San Andreas at Law
6) Kasen Ibaraki
7) Great Komachi Onozuka

1) Wind God Girl (BAiJR ver.)
2) Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon (IN ver.)
3) Doll Judgment ~ The Girl Who Played with People?s Shapes (PCB ver.)
4) The Capital City of Flowers in the Sky
5) Fires of Hokkai
6) Shoutoku Legend ~ True Administrator (TD ver.)
7) Eastern Judgement in the Sixtieth Year ~ Fate of Sixty Years
8) Cemetery of Onbashira ~ Grave of Being
9) Fall of Fall ~ Autumnal Waterfall
10) Heartfelt Fancy

1) StB
2) PoFV
3) IN
4) TD
5) WaHH
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 04:25:38 AM »
Characters

Eirin Yagokoro
Komachi Onozuka
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Kasen Ibaraki
Yorihime no Watatsuki
Minamitsu Murasa
Nitori Kawashiro

The more flawed I realize Eirin is, the more I end up liking the character. She's also more fun and easy to write than I expected. Komachi is a cool gal and her short appearance in VFiS reminded me of a certain comic where she also takes Reimu to Higan but obviously for different reasons. Reisen is that character that I find very likeable even though she has her less pleasant moments but she often gets her comeuppance which I think is nice. Kasen is that character I really like but remain "cautious" about because WaHH is still not finished. I still maintain that Yorihime and her sister are misunderstood characters and after reading SSiB again a while ago, I found the writing and presentation did not help at all. Murasa is that weird character I somehow grew to like a lot because I feel there's some interesting elements about her because they could be interpreted in different ways and then there's that loveable jerkass Nitori. Kappa mechanics/inventor/etc.? Sold.

Music

Akutagawa Ryuunosuke's "Kappa" ~ Candid Friend (ULiL)
The Hall of Dreams' Great Mausoleum (TD)
At the End of Spring (UFO)
The Gensokyo the Gods Loved (MoF)
Desire Drive (TD)
Gensokyo Millenium ~ History of the Moon (IN)
A Tiny, Tiny Clever Commander (UFO)
Illusionary White Traveler (HSiFS)
Secret God Matara ~ Hidden Star in All Seasons (HSiFS)
No More Going Through Doors (HSiFS)

I assume the poll site counts remixes/arranges as votes for the original version? I also was surprised by how much I liked the music in HSiFS. I can't help but feel the game has some of the best compositions in the series while finding some of the piano bits in it to be downright beautiful.

Works

Touhou 15.5: Antimony of Common Flowers
Touhou 10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
Bougetsushou (Primarily CiLR & IotM&IotE)
Wild & Horned Hermit
Touhou 15: Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

Drake

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 04:47:20 AM »
Before anyone else comments on the hotmail/live thing, they added a section for dropped emails in this year's FAQ that I missed because I made the thread from my phone. It's been added to the OP.

Q. My Voter ID email never arrived.
A. It can sometimes take time for the ID to reach the listed email. Also, if you do any mail filtering (even if done automatically through your email service), it may fail to arrive. Please whitelist the domains "@thwiki.info" (for ID requests) and "gmail.com" (for inquiries) so all such emails can go through (if gmail is not whitelisted, even if you make an inquiry, replies may not arrive).
If more than a day has passed, you can resubmit the Voter ID Form using the same email. If you've done all these steps and still don't receive the email, please contact us using the Contact Form or through Twitter.

I've done a test run with a live.com address and resubmitted after adding thwiki.info to safe senders. It will tell you the email was already used and resubmit the voter ID. I haven't received it after a few minutes yet.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:00:41 AM by Drake »

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2018, 05:00:42 AM »
Second also, the survey is only posted at the time of the contest, not in advance, so there is no possible way I could have that ready, and going beyond term-term matching isn't what the tool is for. I've provided the questionnaire translations for the past two contests already and fully intend to do this one; if you didn't know that then ok, but it really feels like you're accusing me of just not putting in the effort or something which is frankly insulting and wrong. I care about the questionnaire results more than anything else.

No, I didn't know it was not posted in advance nor knew that the main pages disappeared after the contest and appeared just for the contest...

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2018, 05:10:26 AM »
So thats why I never got any mail on my live account. I knew that I still had my information from the 13th voting and it worked there last time. This time I just another address.

My character and music votings shouldn't be viewed as a top 10 as the order is kinda random (Except for Marisa on first place). For the characters, the placers after number one change around whenever I make such a list so I just took the ones I like the most currently. For music I just took the ones that came to my mind the fastest. In retrospective, there are a lot of other songs I really love so that might even change when I have the time. The games are pretty much in the correct order though.

Characters
  • Marisa Kirisame
  • Aya Shameimar
  • Kogasa Tatara
  • Alice Margatroi
  • Remilia Scarlet
  • Flandre Scarlet
  • Komano Aunn

Music
  • Crimson Tower ~ Eastern Dream...
  • Necrofantasia
  • Retrospective Kyoto
  • Satori Maiden ~ 3rd eye
  • Bad Apple!!
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Voyage 1970

Works
  • Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
  • Subterranean Animism
  • Imperishable Night
  • Perfect Cherry Blossom
  • Hidden Star in Four Seasons

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 05:12:44 AM »
In case anyone's curious, I voted for (in no particular order):

1) Sagume
2) Shizuha
3) Seiga
4) Kasen
5) Yukari
6) Shion
7) Doremy

I didn't vote for the song category at all, and I don't care enough to repeat what I voted for the works category here.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:49:31 AM by Clarste »

Drake

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2018, 05:29:35 AM »
Voter questionnaire

1. Age

2. Gender
  • Male
  • Female

3. Residence
  • [Various regions of Japan]
  • Outside Japan: East Asia (China, Taiwan, South Korea, etc)
  • Outside Japan: Southeast Asia
  • Outside Japan: South/Central/West Asia
  • Outside Japan: Europe
  • Outside Japan: Africa
  • Outside Japan: North America
  • Outside Japan: South America
  • Outside Japan: Oceania

4. On what difficulty can you 1cc each game? (Clear with no continues)
  • EoSD  (No answer, Not played, No Easy Clear, Easy Clear, Normal Clear, Hard Clear, Lunatic Clear)
  • PCB  (No answer, Not played, No Easy Clear, Easy Clear, Normal Clear, Hard Clear, Lunatic Clear)
  • IN  (No answer, Not played, No Easy Clear, Easy Clear, Normal Clear, Hard Clear, Lunatic Clear)
  • PoFV  (No answer, Not played, No Easy Clear, Easy Clear, Normal Clear, Hard Clear, Lunatic Clear)
  • MoF  (No answer, Not played, No Easy Clear, Easy Clear, Normal Clear, Hard Clear, Lunatic Clear)
  • SA  (No answer, Not played, No Easy Clear, Easy Clear, Normal Clear, Hard Clear, Lunatic Clear)
  • UFO  (No answer, Not played, No Easy Clear, Easy Clear, Normal Clear, Hard Clear, Lunatic Clear)
  • TD  (No answer, Not played, No Easy Clear, Easy Clear, Normal Clear, Hard Clear, Lunatic Clear)
  • DDC  (No answer, Not played, No Easy Clear, Easy Clear, Normal Clear, Hard Clear, Lunatic Clear)
  • LoLK Pointdevice  (No answer, Not played, No Easy Clear, Easy Clear, Normal Clear, Hard Clear, Lunatic Clear)
  • LoLK Legacy  (No answer, Not played, No Easy Clear, Easy Clear, Normal Clear, Hard Clear, Lunatic Clear)
  • HSiFS (No answer, Not played, No Easy Clear, Easy Clear, Normal Clear, Hard Clear, Lunatic Clear)

5. Currently-subscribed publications:
  • Wild and Horned Hermit  (No answer, Don't buy, Buy the tankobon volumes, Buy the serialization (Febri))
  • Touhou Sangetsusei  (No answer, Don't buy, Buy the tankobon volumes, Buy the serialization (Comp Ace))
  • Curiosities of Lotus Asia  (No answer, Don't buy, Bought the serialization (Strange Creators of Outer World))

6. What draws you into the Touhou Series? (multiple answer)
  • Music
  • Games
  • Characters
  • Story
  • Universe/Setting
  • Derivative Works
  • Social interaction

7. When did you get into Touhou?
  • No answer
  • PC-98 ~ Shuusou Gyoku (2000/12)
  • SSG ~ EoSD (2002/08)
  • EoSD ~ PCB (2003/08)
  • PCB ~ IN (2004/08)
  • IN ~ IaMP (2004/12)
  • IaMP ~ PoFV (2005/08)
  • PoFV ~ StB (2005/12)
  • StB ~ PMiSS (2006/12)
  • PMiSS ~ MoF (2007/08)
  • MoF ~ SA (2008/08)
  • SA ~ UFO (2009/08)
  • UFO ~ FW (2010/08)
  • FW ~ TD (2011/08)
  • TD ~ SoPM (2012/04)
  • SoPM ~ DDC (2013/08)
  • DDC ~ ISC (2014/05)
  • ISC ~ LoLK (2015/08)
  • LoLK ~ Old Adam (2016/08)
  • Old Adam ~ HSiFS (2017/08)
  • HSiFS ~ Current

8. How did you first discover Touhou?
  • School, Clubs, Family, or other offline connection
  • Online game, Chat (IRC), or otherwise through online friends
  • Personal site, Blogs, News sites, etc
  • Pixiv, Nijie, TINAMI, etc illustration sites
  • 2ch, Futaba, Shitaraba etc online anonymous BBS
  • Nico Nico Douga (including live broadcasts)
  • Youtube or other video sharing sites
  • Twitter
  • Magazines, TV
  • Doujinshi events (Comiket etc) or doujin circle announcements
  • Doujin shops or other stores
  • Rhythm games that have Touhou music in them
  • Found while looking for interesting games

9. If you attend doujin events like Comiket and Reitaisai, what are your main activities there? (multiple answer)
  • Do not participate (invalidates other options)
  • Buy official works
  • Buy doujinshi
  • Buy doujin music
  • Buy doujin games
  • Buy doujin goods
  • Buy corporate works
  • Distribute works (as a circle)
  • Staff
  • Interaction with circles and friends
  • Performing cosplay
  • Watching/photographing cosplay
  • Corporate collab events (for rhythm games, etc)
  • Live concerts (when applicable)

10. Have you voted in the Touhou Series Popularity Contest before?
  • No answer
  • First time
  • Voted past 1~3 years
  • Voted past 4+ years