Author Topic: Katsugeki Kidan  (Read 63120 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Katsugeki Kidan
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2012, 11:46:28 PM »
I'm on the 5th try so far. it's stuck at 17%.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2012, 12:24:11 AM »
I've made a mirror here; give that a shot.

Latest works
The Strongest

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2012, 12:32:11 AM »
Yeah, this one's working much better. Seems the diceroller link's just not too good.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2012, 04:49:17 AM »
I've updated the main link (my first post in this thread) to point to the mirror link instead. :)

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2012, 02:16:56 AM »
Could you mirror the other 2 patches I can't download from diceroll

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2012, 01:10:12 PM »
I'm very sorry for bumping this, but could you mirror the English patches for KK2 and KK3?
I've tried over 30 times and the downloads were all cut off too early.
Signature

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2012, 06:42:30 PM »
I thought I had updated this thread a long time ago, but it seems I hadn't. My apologies!

The patches have all been reuploaded to my junkpile along with other projects I've worked on to have everything in one place. Downloads have been split into parts in order to make downloading them easier.

I've recently removed all traces of the previous uploads so those links won't work anymore.

Latest works
The Strongest

« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2012, 05:10:37 AM »
I'm having trouble extracting the .rar parts from the first game. 7-zip mentions data errors when I try to to so, and winrar gives similar errors.
I have no problems with extracting the translation parts of the other games.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2012, 08:39:45 PM »
I'm having trouble extracting the .rar parts from the first game. 7-zip mentions data errors when I try to to so, and winrar gives similar errors.
I have no problems with extracting the translation parts of the other games.
I have redownloaded all 10 files and had no problems. Have you tried redownloading the specific files winrar bugs out on (ex, KK1e.part06.rar)? The host I have can be glitchy with downloads at times, which is why I had the files split up. I can confirm that what's on the site is 100% correct.

Latest works
The Strongest

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2012, 09:59:55 PM »
We should go back to translating these games on of these days.

Because Katsugeki Kidan Online is almost released.

Now with co-op mode.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2012, 12:09:25 AM »
We should go back to translating these games on of these days.

I'm all for that; working with you was pretty awesome (and fast :) ) and there are still plenty of games by GC without a translation. Granted, I'm a little busy these days (pre-holiday rush) but once the holidays are over, if you're interested, we could make plans for an other translation.

(KKO! :D Woot! ...Wouldn't completing a translation for it within, like, less than a week of its release be awesome? lol)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:32:41 AM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2012, 12:16:22 AM »
Ohman. Now this, I'm watching for!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2012, 01:11:02 PM »
Have you tried redownloading the specific files winrar bugs out on (ex, KK1e.part06.rar)?
That worked, thanks!

Also thanks to everyone else who worked on this, really fun games.

Ace Of Hearts

• Love Power Holder
  • *flyingninjatacklehug*
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2013, 09:32:53 PM »
This is awesome (and the patch links at Ethan Silver's Junkpile work great).

Any word on whether you guys might translate "Sanae & Momie (with Ibara Kasen)"?  Because that'd be awesome too.
Of the four energies which inspire action, those who have Love Power are inspired to do for others out of kindness and generosity; those who act upon Love Power are patient, kind, and caring.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2013, 05:29:47 PM »
Arise! Arise! *cough*

Well, okay, I guess the reason we've stopped the project is that it's kind of hard to come by newer games by Gatling Cat.

Which is why I got this one: http://i.imgur.com/ufYK7SF.jpg

Soo... anyone willing to give hacking the archives a try? The game is keeping its resources in a different format than before, so it might be a bit trickier.

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2013, 05:33:25 AM »
I'm all for that; working with you was pretty awesome (and fast :) ) and there are still plenty of games by GC without a translation. Granted, I'm a little busy these days (pre-holiday rush) but once the holidays are over, if you're interested, we could make plans for an other translation.

My offer still stands man. ;)
Just gotta track down the game and see what I can do with its files first.

As a quick side-note, I've found a way to replace the UBER-FRIGGIN'-MASSIVE-wtf-why-does-my-host-keep-dropping-the-files bmp files used in KK1 by Oh-wow-this-will-totally-keep-the-patch-size-under-80-megs PNGs. Might be re-releasing that patch as something a little more manageable if I can get it to work like I want it.

As mentioned above, I've done some magic hax-trickery to fool the game into using a few PNGs. The patch is only about 10 megs less than it was. I've also split up the files into smaller parts to keep my host happy - if any of you had problems downloading them, the files should be far easier to get now. :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:20:18 PM by EthanSilver »

Latest works
The Strongest

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2013, 10:49:54 AM »
Christmas is near, and I've got a present for you. And by a present I mean a translation patch for Katsugeki Kidan Online. Spend your christmas with your friend, beating up other Touhou girls! Or play it alone, like I will.
(As a note, I'm not a Kaguya fan, even though I have her as my avatar and I just translated a game with her as one of the main characters.)

Get the patch here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/f24ftuh8zqtercb/patch.zip
Hacking and image editing by DennouNeko, translation by Arknarok.

How to patch the game:
Step 1. Install the official 1.30 patch first. Get it here: http://gatling-cat.sakura.ne.jp/files/kon130_patch.zip. To install that patch, open the archive, and find this folder: http://i.imgur.com/ReMZmJF.png. Drop all the files from that folder into the game folder (that's the folder that has the kon.exe file). Confirm all file replacements.
Step 2. Backup the 'data' folder. There's no way to uninstall the translation patch except for restoring the old data folder, and you want a way to do that in case something went wrong.
Step 3. Copy the 'data' folder from the patch archive into the game folder. Confirm replacements.
Step 4. Launch the game, confirm that the window title says "Katsugeki Kidan ONLINE ver1.30" and that the main menu appears properly. You're done!

Now, there might be some non-obvious things about this game, so I'll do a QA with things you should probably know.

Technical stuff:

Q. What are the controls?
A. Player 1: Z - attack, X - skills, C - jump, A - grazing dash, D - pause. Move with arrow keys.
Player 2: . - attack, / - skills, \ - jump, ; - grazing dash, ] - pause. Move with numpad arrow keys.
Or just get some gamepads, you can even remap the buttons if you use them!
ESC instantly quits the game.
Pause button only works if you're not playing over internet. It also does not work during boss battles.
Quote from the manual: if you're playing using the same keyboard, you'll have to cross your arms, which is really gay, so be careful.

Q. I was going to remap the buttons, but turns out there are two "key config" buttons, one in the main menu, and one in the intermission screen! What's the difference?
A. The one in the main menu is for player 2, and the one in the intermission screen is for player 1. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Q. Can I change the game resolution? Can I go fullscreen?
A. No, you're stuck with 800x450. For the fullscreen, use the config.exe file and check the upper box. The lower box is supposed to try and fix the aspect issues, but I don't see it do anything useful. Also, fullscreen mode sucks.

Q. I can't play over internet.
A. Did you forward the port? Also, try using a VPN. If you get random errors when inputting the IP address, close the game and delete sys.dat file from the game folder, then try again.

Gameplay:

Q. Are there any penalties for playing on Easy?
A. Yep. You won't be able to play the Extra stages and you won't be able to replay stages in harder modes.

Q. What's the point of training stages?
A. They're supposed to be more efficient at experience, money and magic fragments. You don't have to play them, though.

Q. What the hell is "shield/fur" and why would I want to upgrade that?
A. For best mofumofu, obviously. Upgrading shield/fur reduces the damage you take from enemy danmaku. Upgrading armor reduces physical damage, upgrading weapon improves your damage.

Q. What are growth types?
A. Growth types determine which of your stats improve when you level up. From that perspective, their names should be obvious enough. They also give you passive skills. A word of warning: characters with "offensive" type do not gain any SP from leveling. Other types get +1, and Intellect type ones get +2.

Q. What do the character stats do?
A. There are some obvious stats:
HP - health.
SP - energy for skills.
ATK - affects damage from melee attacks.
DEF - reduces damage from enemy melee attacks.
MDF - reduces damage from enemy danmaku.
And some not so obvious:
STR - improves your non-magic damage.
DEX - reduces damage swings, making your attacks more reliable.
VIT - affects how much health and DEF you get when leveling up.
INT - does not do much for Momiji. Affects Udonge's and Tewi's performance for Kaguya.
LUK - increases your critical strike chance.

Q. You missed "Hourai" there.
A. It's not a stat, it's how much Hourai elixirs you have left. Hourai elixirs automatically bring your character back to life, should she die. You revive with half HP and full SP. If you run out of them, then death will make you lose all your stage progress. You can find more elixirs during stages.

Q. What's an attack level? And why Kaguya has several of them?
A. It's another thing that affects your damage. The higher it is, the more damage you deal. The difference is that attack level improves from actually attacking.
For Kaguya, you also have Udonge and Tewi levels, which improve the damage of skills that utilize Udonge and Tewi. The more you use them, the higher their level becomes.

Q. What's a stage difficulty?
A. During the stage select screen, you can press left and right to select the difficulty of the stage. The default one is "normal", and there are 3 higher difficulties. You need 3 things before you can select these difficulties:
- You must not play on Easy.
- You need to clear the game.
- You need to be the required level for the difficulty.

Q. What do I need the money for?
A. Only for equipment upgrades. Same thing for magic fragments.

Q. I get the HP and SP gauges for my character, what's the "graze" one?
A. That's the energy you need for grazing dashes. One dash consumes half of that gauge.

Q. I got to the boss, what are all these gauges?
A. The boss health gauge is the top one, and it's pretty self-explanatory. Note that bosses change attack patterns every 25% of their health.
The spell gauge is the middle one. Once it fills, the boss uses a spell.
The hate gauge is the bottom one. If it fills, the boss unleashes more powerful attacks.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 05:31:48 PM by Arknarok »

« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2013, 05:28:50 PM »
This is one of the fan-games I secretly wished someone would translate, so thanks a bunch... Have a really great Christmas.
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #108 on: December 22, 2013, 05:36:24 PM »
I just realized I forgot to translate the pause menu. Reuploaded the patch, new version has that translated.

I have no idea why the current growth type in the lower left corner of the intermission screen is not translated, as the file that should be used for that display is.

xJeePx

• Danmaku Aesthete
  • 夢幻王子
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2013, 07:52:51 PM »
Thanks for your hard work guys. I've only played the first game and really enjoyed it, so I guess it's time for a marathon.

-------------

Looks like the link for THKK 1-3 patches is dead. Here's the patched files for anyone who still needs 'em:
https://www.mediafire.com/?c1427qyof4c7jof
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 02:03:59 PM by xJeePx »