Author Topic: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (NOW RECRUITING PLAYERS FOR INCIDENT!)  (Read 212081 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Re: Tales of Phantasmal Land Redux (WIP D&D-style RPG)
« Reply #900 on: February 01, 2013, 08:00:42 PM »
Sure, no problem~

It's in those times that I sometime gaze at the stars, and with a mellow sigh, whisper to god;

"I fucking hate my computer."

Yeah, those times...
In hindsight, my laptop randomly crashing isn't nearly as bad as your situation. I hope it gets better.  :(
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #901 on: February 02, 2013, 03:14:40 AM »
I love how mine has dozens of glitches, and how I can recognize them all.

- Sudden Blue Screens
- Speakers automatically shutting off (And requiring to be turned on again through console commands)
- Not opening at all (Recognizable by the Wireless Connection light being orange)
- Turning off the keyboard (Making it impossible to use)
- Fan turning off (Leading to insane performance reduction and crashes, due to extreme overheat)
- Internet not working
- The usual crashes and freezings.
- Battery suddenly failing and closing the computer if not plugged.
- Not recognizing any USB keys
- Randomly closing.

And those are a small handful of them.

« Reply #902 on: February 02, 2013, 03:47:20 AM »
Sounds kinda like my old laptop. Half the keys didn't work, the mousepad was completely nonfunctional, the usb mouse I used instead didn't click properly, the battery was straight up broken which would cause the thing to turn off if it got unplugged, and it was a Mac, so the power cable's plug was massive, which kept it from staying in the socket properly.

Your situation's obviously a lot worse, but I know your pain, man.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #903 on: February 02, 2013, 06:20:42 PM »
Good news! My computer crashed again because of his goddamn battery problem and it somehow improved the performances upon opening it again. It removed a few of my files and still doesn't work too well however.

Conclusion: My computer's Ebola ate away his AIDS, but caused its Polio to worsen and didn't completely remove his cancer.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #904 on: February 02, 2013, 08:50:03 PM »
Out of curiousity, who the flying frak made your laptop? I've had some derpy computers but none that...Uhhh...Continually devoured themselves in a constant ouroboros of bad code like yours does. :V

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #905 on: February 02, 2013, 09:11:50 PM »
It's a Compaq.

Fun fact: The hole in which the hot air comes out is huge and on the underside of my computer, making it heat up to magma-like temperatures if set down on a desk. It actually made the black color melt off around it. Even funnier; My dad blames ALL of those glitches mentioned earlier on me because "If I'd just set it down on a desk, it wouldn't over-heat and none of that would happen." Even funnier; He knows I can't set it down on a desk, and still says that.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #906 on: February 02, 2013, 09:39:29 PM »
Since you're on, guess now is a good chance to mention the little "side projects" we've been working on. A few of the others and I thought of doing side stories of the main player characters of each incident a while after each incident (not an epilogue). So I was wondering whether whatever happens in the side stories and would have any effect on the main incident scenarios. If you want them, I can send them later.

EDIT: Yea, I wasn't paying attention since I just woke up when I wrote that. The side stories are just mini-stories about everyday events for the characters or sometimes an event with other characters or backstory. Just a little background for the characters.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 05:06:37 AM by Genso »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #907 on: February 03, 2013, 03:05:17 AM »
Uuuh.... Define "Side-stories".

So I was wondering if it's okay to have it where whatever can happen in the side stories

Also this sentence.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #908 on: February 09, 2013, 09:57:27 PM »
Well, good news people. We FINALLY finished the first incident. After 23 days of absence from the last session, we finally finished. I will finish putting together the "raw" version of the first game and put it in this post later.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #909 on: February 09, 2013, 10:06:38 PM »
Hell yeaaaaah. :]

Would you also be able to combine the previous sessions into the same doc for those of us who have been in and out?

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
« Reply #910 on: February 09, 2013, 11:14:51 PM »
Well, good news people. We FINALLY finished the first incident. After 23 days of absence from the last session, we finally finished.
Sweet! Congrats on your first resolved incident everyone. :)

Latest works
The Strongest

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #911 on: February 09, 2013, 11:30:21 PM »
Well here's the raw. Now that that's finished, I would like to introduce something new we decided.

SIDE STORIES.

The main player characters of each incident get 1 side story to play through. At the end of the side story, you shall be rewarded for your efforts. The stories can range from simple slice of life, to random battles, or whatever you want. This will be how you can get special items or extra bonuses, such as extra FP, CP, or skill points. No experience is gained during most side stories. There will also be one special group side story that anyone/everyone can play in. This one is particularly hard, so expect lots of GAME OVERs and BAD ENDs. So, I would like to ask now before the second incident comes around; Who wants to participate in the group side story (which I will probably be GM'ing as I have GM'ed all the other side stories so far >.>)?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I'll post the side stories some other time after all have been completed.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:32:23 PM by Genso »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #912 on: February 09, 2013, 11:47:17 PM »
* Ikari raises his hand and jumps around happily

I'd like to participate, since I never really played the damned game xD

I'll probably be using my new character. Sheet included in this post.

Yugian

• Humble Blacksmith
  • If the soul preserves, Then Limits dont Exist.
« Reply #913 on: February 10, 2013, 12:12:31 AM »
He-yo Cheerio, i'd like to throw my hat in if im allowed.

Cant level up until the 18th though ;.;

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #914 on: February 10, 2013, 12:18:18 AM »
Hey Ikari, do you think a Norse valkyrie would fit under any existing classes or is this something I'd have to 1-on-1 with you about?

Yugian

• Humble Blacksmith
  • If the soul preserves, Then Limits dont Exist.
« Reply #915 on: February 10, 2013, 12:27:10 AM »
Hey Ikari, do you think a Norse valkyrie would fit under any existing classes or is this something I'd have to 1-on-1 with you about?
:wat:
 :3
 :]
Yessssss~ Thats awesome~~ XD

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #916 on: February 10, 2013, 12:33:22 AM »
Actually, those who want to join, send me a PM with your chosen character, your country/time zone, and anything I might need to know. It'll be simpler for me and it'll make things interesting.

EDIT: The premise has to do with sake.~ So expect a drinking party afterwards if you guys beat it.~
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:35:56 AM by Genso »

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #917 on: February 10, 2013, 12:53:40 AM »
Would freshly-joining players need to wait until after this sideshow thingie to join?

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #918 on: February 10, 2013, 01:03:27 AM »
Would freshly-joining players need to wait until after this sideshow thingie to join?

Here's your answer:
There will also be one special group side story that anyone/everyone can play in.

So answer's yes, you can play. Knock yourself out, expect large meteor like objects to randomly crash into the earth as well.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:48:03 PM by Genso »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #919 on: February 10, 2013, 01:05:37 AM »

I uh... I'm 100 % sure this doesn't fit in any of the classes, and if you want to make a special gimmick of something with it, then sure, go ahead and PM! <3

Edit: Found the right reaction.

:wat:
 :3
 :]
Yessssss~ Thats awesome~~ XD

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #920 on: February 10, 2013, 01:06:59 AM »
Oh? This sounds fun! I might as well throw in the character I made a while back.
Also, Norse Valkyrie? What is this, Valkyrie Profile?
If only...
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #921 on: February 10, 2013, 01:34:58 AM »
I should probably finish my character already. Although I really just need to quickly write up her personality and finish her biography.

Although I haven't used my fandom points, but that's largely because I can't imagine my character using any spells. Would I be allowed to spend them on an extra spellcard instead?

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #922 on: February 10, 2013, 01:41:51 AM »
I should probably finish my character already. Although I really just need to quickly write up her personality and finish her biography.

Although I haven't used my fandom points, but that's largely because I can't imagine my character using any spells. Would I be allowed to spend them on an extra spellcard instead?

Of course, you can trade 'em for 2 CP per FP. Hell, you can start with a collection of spellcards instead of spells, that's a legitimate strategy.

« Reply #923 on: February 10, 2013, 01:45:42 AM »
Cool, although I'm having a bit of an issue with that. Namely the lack of consistency in the spell card post. You tell me there's CP, but in the post it says effects are bought with FP, and not everything has a price either. It's a little frustrating, to say the least.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #924 on: February 10, 2013, 01:50:40 AM »
Of course, you can trade 'em for 2 CP per FP. Hell, you can start with a collection of spellcards instead of spells, that's a legitimate strategy.

Wish you told us before >.> Anyway, the start of the side story will be expected to start sometime next week. It's lunar new years, so I may be busy most of the time during this weekend.

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #925 on: February 10, 2013, 01:55:58 AM »
Wish you told us before >.>

I did. It's even in the handy-dandy guide I've spent much time writing on this thread. >___>

Oookay, it's not in the guide, but I've stated it a few times.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:59:12 AM by Ikari »

« Reply #926 on: February 10, 2013, 02:18:15 AM »
I'd just like to reiterate that not everything on the spell card post has a point price on it and it bothers me greatly. Given that I effectively have 30 CP to spend I could easily afford the spells I want but I like being sure.

Oh, and you haven't added Status Effects to the table of contents post on the first page yet.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #927 on: February 10, 2013, 03:40:55 AM »
I'm trying to figure out whether a valkyrie would be some sort of human or a youkai.

Closest Gensokyo already has to one is shinagami, and they work waaay differently.

EDIT: Ikari, tell me how legit/broken this sounds:

Quote from: Charsheet
Race ability: Instinctively able to identify the greatest threat and also able to read runes.
Personal ability: +1 to might and will for every 2 lives lost.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:02:05 AM by Pfurious Pfish Pfighter »

Ikari

• It's turning into derp
« Reply #928 on: February 10, 2013, 04:30:56 AM »
I'd just like to reiterate that not everything on the spell card post has a point price on it and it bothers me greatly. Given that I effectively have 30 CP to spend I could easily afford the spells I want but I like being sure.

Oh, and you haven't added Status Effects to the table of contents post on the first page yet.

I'll make sure to fix those soon.

EDIT: Ikari, tell me how legit/broken this sounds:

Race ability sounds great, if a bit too vague. I'd make the threat thing in the shape of a spell who could tell you the intentions and general aggressiveness / strength of a person in a stats-like appearance. Think of SoPM and such.

The personal ability would become a bit too OP late game, what's with high number of lives and such. Could be a +25 % boost to might and will once you reach the 1/2 lives threshold. (Rounded down)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:33:24 AM by Ikari »

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #929 on: February 10, 2013, 10:41:20 PM »
Ah, yes, that makes more sense. Although now that I think about it I think I'm going to make a different ability for race and make the current race ability into her personal ability instead of the might/will boost.

Now then, some other questions...:

A) What element would lightning be?

B) How many Fandom Points do you think Mjolnir would cost?

C) What's a good time to Skype later this week so I can make sure I know what the Hell I'm doing?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 10:44:12 PM by Skeletal Skull Scoundrel »