Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 119029 times)

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #870 on: March 27, 2011, 10:14:40 PM »
... Didn't capt. h unvote?

Though, come to think of it, I seem to recall noticing something like this happen before. @_@ Going to go back and check.

« Reply #871 on: March 27, 2011, 10:15:07 PM »
No wait, you have him on Bardiche too.

I am confused.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #872 on: March 27, 2011, 10:25:02 PM »
Beyond everything that I have already mentioned, I have one additional ability: if I am one of the two radio holders, I automatically bodyguard the other holder every night. This is why I asked Serela to send me a radio set; I figured that Schezo was an obvious kill for the day and that I would probably end up radio masons with Serela since he would have both of the radios back. Since Serela was a likely kill target for scum at the time, me bodyguarding him would not only result in scum probably killing me and helping weed out the real scum on Edible's list, but it would also help an obvtown live on to D3.

Unfortunately, my role also has a slight downside. Since I am a secret agent, I only flip as "Town Hired Agent", and my powers are not revealed by the mod following my flip. Not sure how he'll go about doing that, I was only told that he would not say what I can do (I don't know whether or not he only gives my role name or actually alludes to my powers not being revealed by the flip). Not that this part of my role really matters at this point, seeing as I just explained everything anyway. :V

Okay, I... think I covered everything. If I live to N2 and Kilga flips town, I will probably use my limited tracker on Edible. Otherwise, I really have no idea at this point and will consider saving it.

That's interesting. It confirms a few things.

At the least in proves that there are roles that are not fully revealed on the flip. Since many of our arguments in favor of Hourai being known to scum assume that roles are fully revealed, knowing there exists a role that isn't means that there could be more than one. You, of anyone, had the ability to realize this.

@mod You have me voting twice.

« Reply #873 on: March 27, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »
Not revealing anything about the role isn't the same as only revealing half of it, though. <_<

« Reply #874 on: March 27, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »
Also, it should be noted that I actually did buy Hourai being a traitor at first because of my role after Shadoweh gave a fair argument for it (I was actually one of the first to do so, if you look back). The main reason I changed my mind was because of Schezo's awkward interactions with Hourai following his flip (not to mention that Hourai being ordinary scum seems to be the generally accepted theory now).

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #875 on: March 27, 2011, 10:39:25 PM »
Also, it should be noted that I actually did buy Hourai being a traitor at first because of my role after Shadoweh gave a fair argument for it (I was actually one of the first to do so, if you look back). The main reason I changed my mind was because of Schezo's awkward interactions with Hourai following his flip (not to mention that Hourai being ordinary scum seems to be the generally accepted theory now).

That's mostly because Shadoweh is dead.

Out of curiosity, do you know who has that second radio now that Schezo is dead?

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #876 on: March 27, 2011, 10:40:48 PM »
I admit I am a bit leery on believing in another role that knows about the radios (assuming that Serela is town and therefore scum had a listener radio as well). The claim is a bit incongruous with your initial stances on non-full flips as well, as Cap pointed out.

So far, Serp has given all roles full flips. If Hourai has more to his role, then why did Serp not mention it during the flip? The flip implies that "Traitor" was Hourai's alignment, not role, and the red coloring implies that his alignment is not unique from scum (unless the actual scum flip a different color, which would be a little odd, all things considered).

We know for a fact that Hourai was not the radio spy, unless Serp was being a bastard and didn't give Hourai a full flip. (If this is the case, then he probably really is a traitor as well)

It's true that a total non-reveal and a partial non-reveal are not the same thing, but it is still surprising in retrospect that you'd believe so firmly in all-or-nothing in regards to flip info that you would question the idea of a partial reveal this strongly.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #877 on: March 27, 2011, 10:41:37 PM »
(And yes, that statement is made with the fact that you eventually agreed with Shadoweh on the issue in mind.)

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #878 on: March 27, 2011, 10:42:34 PM »
VOTECOUNT  -  Go For 45 Tomorrow Revised Edition

huh what (4):  Bardiche, Kilgamayan, PX, NeoSerela
Kilgamayan (2):  huh what, Dormio, capt. h, NeoSerela, Edible
Bardiche (1):  capt. h, NeoSerela, Dormio
PX (0):  Colt, Dormio, capt. h
Dormio (0):  capt. h
Colt (0):  huh what

Not Voting:  Colt, Edible, Zakeri

With 10 votes in play, 6 are required to lynch.  2 hours 15 minutes remain in the day.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

« Reply #879 on: March 27, 2011, 10:43:49 PM »
Out of curiosity, do you know who has that second radio now that Schezo is dead?
No I do not, but I would assume that Serela does considering that he claimed to regain Set A following UK's death.

I'm not sure why you would assume I would know who currently has it, seeing as the only reason I knew Schezo had Set B today was by tracking him.

« Reply #880 on: March 27, 2011, 10:45:23 PM »
Tracking Shadoweh, not Schezo. Derp. <_<

« Reply #881 on: March 27, 2011, 10:55:09 PM »
@ Kilga: The mention of the possibility of Hourai being a radio spy and failing to receive a whole flip actually originated from my knowledge of my role, I don't think I would have considered the possibility otherwise. Still, I was generally expectant that he received a full flip because of how the Traitor aspect seemed to be tied closer to his alignment than his role.

I also admit I was been initially resistant to Shadoweh's proposition of Hourai being a traitor because she was my top pick for scum at the time and said proposition would have made her look better. It seemed like a form of defense to me.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #882 on: March 27, 2011, 10:56:39 PM »
You can listen in on radios? That sounds like an admission of "I am the scum radio spy".

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #883 on: March 27, 2011, 10:58:17 PM »
You can listen in on radios? That sounds like an admission of "I am the scum radio spy".

You can nightkill?  That sounds like an admission of "I am a mafia goon."

« Reply #884 on: March 27, 2011, 10:58:55 PM »
@ Bard: Only during the night phase, and only if I use specific actions. I have no way to tell what happens over the radios during the day.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #885 on: March 27, 2011, 10:59:48 PM »
Not the same thing. Jerk.

I'm saying I don't buy the claim.

Edible

« Reply #886 on: March 27, 2011, 11:04:35 PM »
He's essentially claiming half-tracker half-bodyguard in a game where there was, until recently, a scum hitman.  I think it checks out.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #887 on: March 27, 2011, 11:11:46 PM »
He's essentially claiming half-tracker half-bodyguard in a game where there was, until recently, a scum hitman.  I think it checks out.

Scum hitman is actually a relatively standard mafia role. But I think I buy the claim.

I'm not sure what to think of our vanilla townie. It sounds like Schezo's claim. How many vanilla townies do you think are in this game?

« Reply #888 on: March 27, 2011, 11:32:52 PM »
Edible: If you believe my claim checks out, then who would your vote be on at the moment? It should be noted that we only have an hour and a half left in the day, so those who haven't made a choice should probably do so.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #889 on: March 27, 2011, 11:37:38 PM »
Okay. Something puzzling is:

huh what claims to have tracked Shadoweh Night 1. He therefore knew that she had targeted Schezo. Now, two important quotes to highlight:

• A 2-point Tracker that can only target Set A or Set B. When used, I learn of who the owner of the set I targeted used their night action on that night, if any. I also eavesdrop on any messages they receive that night.
Yes, I got rid of the radio last night like I said I would.

I assume the second highlight refers to here, but whatever the case, Shadoweh expected huh what to be aware of the fact that she said she would get rid of the radio.

Now, huh what's claim is that he would know who the owner of the set he targeted used their night action on. Not just to whom they gave the radio. Clearly he did not see Shadoweh target anyone other than Schezo, as evidenced in her claim and flip if nowhere else. Why, then, did huh what lead with a vote on Shadoweh, instead of waiting to see what Schezo could produce? If Schezo comes out and says "I don't have the radio" then Shadoweh has some explaining to do, but if Schezo comes out and says "yeah I have the radio" then huh what knows Shadoweh did nothing last night other than hand the radio off, and the case against her has to be modified to compensate for this because suddenly her likeliness of being scum just dropped substantially.

Now obviously it would be rather bullish to just up and say HEY SCHEZO DID YOU GET A RADIO but given Day 2 dawned and Schezo was still alive after having a radio-owner target them and no one else after at least suggesting she was getting rid of the radio should have been pause for thought about how strong the case against her really was. And given huh what had no qualms about coming out and asking Shadoweh if she passed the radio after the initial vote, there was at least one rolefish roadblock that was not present.

Basically, I am wondering why you would track a radio owner who suggested they would be getting rid of the radio, see them target an individual that survived to Day 2 and no one else, and open Day 2 with a vote on her.

« Reply #890 on: March 27, 2011, 11:47:43 PM »
I considered that, but scum roles don't necessarily have to manifest themselves in the form of night actions. With a flipped copvig and also evidence towards a second potential killing role, it seemed entirely possible that she was something passive like a Godfather, and gf!Shadoweh would likely have had more to gain from not going on the N1 Kill. (Unless sending the radio would have removed her protection. I'm not sure.)

Plus, there are other scum roles that aren't based in the nightphase. A scum dayvig would be a good example. I honestly don't think her night action dropped her chances of being scum so significantly that I would have ignored my case on her at the beginning of the day.

« Reply #891 on: March 27, 2011, 11:50:50 PM »
I'm don't really buy into HW's role. There are other ways for certain people to know that Schezo had received a Radio in the night. It also doesn't really make sense for HW or anyone to spend the first half of the day targeting someone who he himself claims did absolutely nothing suspicious over the night phase.

Cut: Yeah, I'm not really going to be convinced by anything short of mod confirmation.

##Vote: Huh what

« Reply #892 on: March 27, 2011, 11:51:23 PM »
Edit: L-1

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #893 on: March 27, 2011, 11:53:27 PM »
Since we're very near the end of the day, I need to discuss a different matter for a moment before anyone hammers Edible.

NeoSerela can't give anyone radio B because I have radio B. I was wondering why she didn't mention it because while I did send messages with it anonymously, she should have mentioned that she was not going to be able to give it out tonight.

« Reply #894 on: March 27, 2011, 11:54:49 PM »
Pretty sure Edible can't be hammered. :V

FWIW, I believe capt. h's claim that he has Set B now. It seems in line with his questioning of me earlier.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #895 on: March 27, 2011, 11:55:00 PM »
The menchanics of the radio seem to give it to the player that watched the dead player the most closerly, at least in regards to scum kills. Since Schezo was my day 1 first vote and I was always a bit leery of him, I received the radio upon his death.

« Reply #896 on: March 27, 2011, 11:57:09 PM »
Wait, really? I don't recall Serela watching UK very often on D1.

Serela, if you're around, can you confirm this? Assuming that you know the full radio mechanics.

Edible

« Reply #897 on: March 27, 2011, 11:58:22 PM »
Edible: If you believe my claim checks out, then who would your vote be on at the moment? It should be noted that we only have an hour and a half left in the day, so those who haven't made a choice should probably do so.

It should be on Kilg-

Oh right I unvoted.

##vote Kilgamayan

I think huh what is full of truthiness, and Zakeri's last-minute appearance to save Kilga doesn't help me think he's the least scum of the three.  Sorry Kilga.

Since we're very near the end of the day, I need to discuss a different matter for a moment before anyone hammers Edible.

plz dun hamer me :(

The menchanics of the radio seem to give it to the player that watched the dead player the most closerly, at least in regards to scum kills. Since Schezo was my day 1 first vote and I was always a bit leery of him, I received the radio upon his death.

I have absolutely no idea what this means.

« Reply #898 on: March 28, 2011, 12:02:24 AM »
Radios, how do they work?

Seriously, why are we wasting time on them? They don't even seem to do anything besides leak information to scum.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #899 on: March 28, 2011, 12:04:13 AM »
I paid the most attention to Schezo, so I got his radio when he died. I'm not sure about NKs.

##unvote

##vote Kilgamayan

Radios, how do they work?

Seriously, why are we wasting time on them? They don't even seem to do anything besides leak information to scum.

Personally, I think they would make great last words.

If I die tonight, I plan on everyone knowing exactly what I was thinking the moment I died.