Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 119015 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #840 on: March 27, 2011, 05:44:21 PM »
But what if he's town >:

At this point though, I'm starting to lean towards "If you want to say something, just say it in front of everyone and then we'll lynch you and know if it's true or not" :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #841 on: March 27, 2011, 05:47:30 PM »
But Serela, what if I'm town? Clearly you should never lynch anyone! They could be town!

... you do realise the kind of argument you're making, right?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #842 on: March 27, 2011, 06:23:23 PM »
You haven't claimed a role that gives you information, though!

But yeah, especially considering that my radios might be being spied on from what we know, if huhwhat has something to say he can say it before we lynch him.

I know he's definitely not L-2 or anything, so

##Unvote ##Vote Huhwhat
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Prody

• (*'v'*) Creation
  • 『てめえら全員、ぶっ飛ばす!!』
    • Prody's other youtube channel
« Reply #843 on: March 27, 2011, 06:29:06 PM »
My main issue with Kilga is that he mostly avoided interactions with Hourai and Schezo (and vice versa), which is usually a pretty big scum indicator.
Just my opinion, but I felt he was more towards focusing on individuals at a time rather than handling a crowd of people. I don't think Hourai and Schezo were the only people he didn't focus on.

Also, if Schezo and Bard were responsible for the deaths in Night 1, it is possible that Night 2 will go by without anyone dying.

And before I forget, since we're going to lynch either Kilga, Bard or huh what today.
##Unvote

Well with that whole thing with Kilga, I'm going to go with the fact he is town for now, so that leaves Bardiche and huh what, and I would like to see what huh what says before I place my vote.
Prody's anime list! - Prody's favourite MADs on NicoDouga! - Me when steam trading
I wonder if anyone knows the true meaning of the last song in Nanairo?
the economy the economy the economy the economy

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #844 on: March 27, 2011, 06:34:24 PM »
Quote from: Colt
Also, if Schezo and Bard were responsible for the deaths in Night 1, it is possible that Night 2 will go by without anyone dying.
The scumteam always has at least the option of preforming a nightkill on someone. Err, outside of a really weird setup.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #845 on: March 27, 2011, 07:43:32 PM »
Given your shaky D1 post, I dunno if I should trust you, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

...):

Now I'm confused on what I should do. Hey huhwhat, is it particularly important that whatever you wanted to say to me tomorrow over radio isn't said now, publically? And would you be able to do anything tonight that's particularly cool?

Er, when did Huh What request your radio?

« Reply #846 on: March 27, 2011, 07:44:19 PM »
Just caught this:

Quote from: Bardiche 724
[Zakeri has] NOTHING on the table except for his weird vote for Conqueror.
Actually, my weird vote was on Schezo.
Magical Mafia Divinor!

Kilgamayan (L-3):  capt. h, huh what, Dormio,
huh what (L-2):  Bardiche, Kilgamayan, PX, NeoSerela
Not Voting: Edible, Myself, Colt.

I don't think Bardiche is scum. This is mostly gut feeling based on the way he handled Capt.H's posting in the middle of the Vig crisis. It may also be influenced by Shadoweh's repeatedly linking him and Kilgamayan together though.

Huh what's posts at the beginning of day 2 don't give me a good feeling, considering they were against Shadoweh and based mostly on roledickery. I want to see what he has to say to Serela as well. For all I know, whatever this is is just a way to get NeoSerela to waffle over his vote on HW/move him over to Bard/kilga. especially since last I heard about him so far (Page 26 now), he had a one-shot tracker role which he used to find that Radio set B went to Schezo. (Post 655.)

The only reason I'm keeping my vote off HW is to prevent self-lynching.

« Reply #847 on: March 27, 2011, 08:03:15 PM »
Now I'm confused on what I should do. Hey huhwhat, is it particularly important that whatever you wanted to say to me tomorrow over radio isn't said now, publically? And would you be able to do anything tonight that's particularly cool?
I can't disclose it publically without making it useless, though I guess I will if I need to fullclaim to live to D3. It's pretty much related to the mechanics behind my role.

Zakeri saying "I think Kilga is probably town" is a little hard to buy given that there's no real reason to believe him beyond taking his word for it. <_< Doesn't particularly change my opinion, though I guess if people wanted Bard dead I would be willing to switch due to not me > me, but I still honestly don't buy Bard as scum due to the Hourai shenanigans.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #848 on: March 27, 2011, 08:08:33 PM »
One thing I want to say about Bardiche before I have to go.
Firstly, he defended my roleblocking of Shadoweh before he knew that I could give back Shadoweh her abilities whenever I wanted.
Then, when SHOKU! occurred, he was adamant that Shadoweh shouldn't get her gun back regardless.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #849 on: March 27, 2011, 08:09:48 PM »
I can't disclose it publically without making it useless, though I guess I will if I need to fullclaim to live to D3. It's pretty much related to the mechanics behind my role.

Zakeri saying "I think Kilga is probably town" is a little hard to buy given that there's no real reason to believe him beyond taking his word for it. <_< Doesn't particularly change my opinion, though I guess if people wanted Bard dead I would be willing to switch due to not me > me, but I still honestly don't buy Bard as scum due to the Hourai shenanigans.

I have to ask - Do you really think Schezo had any idea that Hourai was scum?

From what I've seen from him, he's broken the NeoSerela/Hourai tie to give Hourai the majority, but if he was bussing Hourai he did a really poor job of it by unvoting altogether rather than voting for Neo or sticking with Neo from the start. He may have known there was a traitor, but I can't see Schezo knowing Hourai was scum.

« Reply #850 on: March 27, 2011, 08:10:43 PM »
Bussing exists. Also, Schezo voted off of Hourai at the last moment, which lends credit to the theory that he knew Hourai to be a buddy.

« Reply #851 on: March 27, 2011, 08:11:28 PM »
To better answer you: whether or not it was pulled off badly is aside the point. It still reads like a failed bussing attempt due to the awkward jump off.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #852 on: March 27, 2011, 08:14:32 PM »
To better answer you: whether or not it was pulled off badly is aside the point. It still reads like a failed bussing attempt due to the awkward jump off.

But why bus Hourai when he could have confirmed NeoSerela? It doesn't make any sense to attack a known ally when you can spend an extra day and make town flip town instead.

« Reply #853 on: March 27, 2011, 08:17:27 PM »
Townie cred?
I don't know. You'd have to ask him or his scumbuddies. <_< I remember Kilga having a theory about this at the beginning of the day, so I suppose that might be worth reading.

It's also possible they wanted to save Serela for an actual lynch instead of clearing him. Who knows.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #854 on: March 27, 2011, 08:18:34 PM »
One thing I want to say about Bardiche before I have to go.
Firstly, he defended my roleblocking of Shadoweh before he knew that I could give back Shadoweh her abilities whenever I wanted.
Then, when SHOKU! occurred, he was adamant that Shadoweh shouldn't get her gun back regardless.

Shadoweh displayed earlier a total disregard for the opinions of Town and wanted (tried) to shoot me regardless. Can you blame me for not wanting to be shot? If she had to do it, do it at night, for chrissakes.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #855 on: March 27, 2011, 08:25:18 PM »
Shadoweh displayed earlier a total disregard for the opinions of Town and wanted (tried) to shoot me regardless. Can you blame me for not wanting to be shot? If she had to do it, do it at night, for chrissakes.

Er, yes, yes we can. We don't know your alliance yet.

Townie cred?
I don't know. You'd have to ask him or his scumbuddies. <_< I remember Kilga having a theory about this at the beginning of the day, so I suppose that might be worth reading.

It's also possible they wanted to save Serela for an actual lynch instead of clearing him. Who knows.

The simple answer would be that he didn't know. Bussing a traitor doesn't give town cred, since town doesn't know whether or not scum knew that he was a traitor.

If Kilga flips town, I think scum didn't know that Hourai was the traitor. If Kilga flips scum, then I don't think scum knew about Hourai, because then either you or Bard bussed an ally for no reason.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #856 on: March 27, 2011, 08:26:35 PM »
Derp, I keep getting mixed up.

If Kilga flips scum - scum knew Hourai was the traitor. Kilga flips town - scum didn't know Hourai was the traitor.

« Reply #857 on: March 27, 2011, 08:30:08 PM »
@HW: I would appreciate if you gave Post 771 a reread and response. One of the things I don't like about your attack and Defense against Kilgamayan was because you ignored Bardiche entirely.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #858 on: March 27, 2011, 08:34:40 PM »
har har you don't live a five-minute walk from a five guys 8)

Good this means I won't get FAT LIKE U

In fairness to myself in regards to Schezo, Bard and huh what said basically nothing about the guy pre-bucket list as well. >_>
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #859 on: March 27, 2011, 08:48:22 PM »
A lot of his attacks are against my ED1, to which I honestly don't have much to say other than that it actually was a derp moment for me. I am to an extent an absent-minded/spacey person and I think my past play can attest to this, at least.

As for an actual response to him.

Quote from: Bard
There is an interesting bit of manipulation here, where he strikes a semblance between Conqueror and PX's inquiries, states that if PX's inquiries are useless, so are Conqueror's. This question is of course silly because no one thinks their case is nonsensical.
Which is aggravating, because Conqueror was pretty much calling PX non-sensical for doing the same things Conqueror was doing. <_< The hypocrisy bugged me and I pointed it out, how is this particularly scummy again?

Hi, how's that vote on me going earlyDay1? And at the end of the post, he even declares my vote on Serela wasn't the "primary reason". Uuuh okay,  you had other reasons to suspect me at that juncture?
It was more the way you went about it than the fact that you were actually on Serela. I suppose I did not actually explain that very well.

It's particularly interesting because just earlier he was decrying Shadoweh as scum. Now she's suddenly the counterwagon to scumConq. That he never lets up on Conq until after the reveal (and even then still dares suggest scumConq) is also a curious thing and I do not like it.
Uh, I don't see what's wrong with me reading Shadoweh as the potential counterwagon to scumConq? I believed Conqueror to be likely scum at the time, and naturally if an alternate wagon suddenly sprang up it was likely to be the counterwagon. This made me feel less confident in potentially voting Shadoweh. Do you really think I would have expected scum/scum wagons on D1?

As for why I didn't let up on Conqueror until after the reveal, I don't see how that makes me particularly worse than Kilga considering that he was on the Conqueror wagon all D1 as well. If you dislike the way I went about my pressure on Conqueror, you could at least specify it.

He declares Shadoweh scummy here, accusing her of bussing scumbuddyHourai and restating that the rest of D1 stuff also applies. But later everything is forgiven if Hourai wasn't known to scum. How does it matter?
My main point on Shadoweh was that she put effort into seeing Serela flipped over Hourai, and that fell apart if Hourai was not known to scum. The rest of the case implicated her but I would not have considered it any worse than what Colt and PX were doing. I don't think it was entirely unreasonable that I dropped it in favor of other cases.

That he drops the case in favour of voting Colt is even more sadfaze, because his Colt case drops to nothing but "Colt is a newbie". That he asserts Colt is a worse PX is amusing, given he asserts PX is scum but doesn't mention Colt much if at all until he votes Colt. Then suddenly Colt is PX2, except worse.
I mentioned Colt in the second paragraph of my first post on D2, and even mentioned him being PX2 there. Did you just skip it completely? <______<
I'm still reading Colt's waffling as newbscum and I dislike how you're seeming to interpret my case as me just calling him out for being a newb.

« Reply #860 on: March 27, 2011, 08:50:52 PM »
I'm not touching the point about knowing how Schezo received the radio since I still stick to my claim that I tracked the owner of Set B on night 1, though I do find it odd that you're assuming my knowledge that Shadoweh did not actually use a night action aside from passing on the radio was just a guess. I will fullclaim if it's necessary to avoid my lynch, but I would prefer to hold off on that if I can.

« Reply #861 on: March 27, 2011, 08:52:07 PM »
Bussing a traitor doesn't give town cred, since town doesn't know whether or not scum knew that he was a traitor.
... But if they knew Hourai is scum and were willing to bus him, that doesn't matter, because he's not a traitor in the role sense.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #862 on: March 27, 2011, 09:06:27 PM »
... But if they knew Hourai is scum and were willing to bus him, that doesn't matter, because he's not a traitor in the role sense.

I don't buy that scum would bus hourai. I don't believe they would actively target one of their own, and not only that but their player that blocks cop-checks and would have surely been checked the very next night, simply for the sake of town cred. Because had UK lived, I would bet that she would have checked Hourai, being the primary scum suspect after NeoSerela on day 1. Especially when it failed this badly to establish town cred due to our disagreement of whether scum knew Hourai was scum.

But if scum were bussing hourai, then our primary targets should be you and Bardiche anyway, since you two were both on the Hourai wagon.

So if scum didn't know they were bussing scum, the most likely scum would be you and bard. If scum were bussing scum, the most likely suspects would be you and bard.

I'd vote you right now, but that would put you at L-1.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #863 on: March 27, 2011, 09:09:55 PM »
Right, since I don't want to put Huh What at L-1 until later today...

##Unvote

##Vote Bardiche

Don't worry Bard, I'll take my vote off of you closer to the deadline. But I need to have my vote out so that we can at least lynch someone.

« Reply #864 on: March 27, 2011, 09:13:22 PM »
I honestly can't tell what you're trying to say very well, but...

Just because one scum attempted to bus Hourai doesn't mean all of them were. <_< What makes you think the entire scumteam was after him instead of just Schezo? Even if the scum team intended to have Hourai dead, that doesn't mean they'd send their entire team to vote against him. If a townie realized that scum was intending to bus Hourai, then they would be caught fairly easily as a result. I don't think that scum are as much of a hivemind as you seem to be implying.

« Reply #865 on: March 27, 2011, 09:15:21 PM »
(Also, you fail to take into account the possibility of scum already having a notable stance set up against another  townie and therefore not able to switch to the Hourai wagon without looking like an obvbus. I believe this to be the case with Kilga's vote on Serela, at leats.)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #866 on: March 27, 2011, 09:20:14 PM »
I honestly can't tell what you're trying to say very well, but...

Just because one scum attempted to bus Hourai doesn't mean all of them were. <_< What makes you think the entire scumteam was after him instead of just Schezo? Even if the scum team intended to have Hourai dead, that doesn't mean they'd send their entire team to vote against him. If a townie realized that scum was intending to bus Hourai, then they would be caught fairly easily as a result. I don't think that scum are as much of a hivemind as you seem to be implying.

If scum knew Hourai was scum, and they actually wanted him bussed, then either you or Bard are far more likely to be scum than Kilga, who was on the opposite wagon.

It's not a matter of hive mindedness - either scum tried to bus scum, or scum didn't try to bus scum. By your own theory, my top pick for scum team would be someone who did try to bus scum over someone who didn't.

Furthermore, you are the one that looks best by the scum bussing theory. Hourai only attacked you, and didn't even mention Kilga or Bard. You are the one that stood to gain the most in bussing Hourai, because then you could argue that Hourai tried to start a train on you day one.

« Reply #867 on: March 27, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »
... But Hourai never actually voted me. <_< How was he trying to start a train on me again?

Also, it's not that simple. It is entirely possible for some scum to be on a scum wagon while others are on a townie wagon, and I'm not sure why the notion that one scum was on a scum wagon means that the entire wagon must have been a bus attempt. See: what I already said about Kilga, which you seem to have ignored.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #868 on: March 27, 2011, 09:34:33 PM »
... But Hourai never actually voted me. <_< How was he trying to start a train on me again?

Also, it's not that simple. It is entirely possible for some scum to be on a scum wagon while others are on a townie wagon, and I'm not sure why the notion that one scum was on a scum wagon means that the entire wagon must have been a bus attempt. See: what I already said about Kilga, which you seem to have ignored.

Sorry, but your version of what happened day one doesn't really make any sense to me. The reason I'm going after you is because I think what you're doing is scummy, trying to force an interpretation of day one that doesn't seem to flow logically. I think you're saying scum tried to bus a known scum buddy. I'm saying that that explanation doesn't work here, and especially doesn't work as an attack on Kilga. Kilga could have always used the reason I brought up if he wanted to bus Hourai - Hourai claimed bulletproof and didn't want to be confirmed town. Once Hourai roleclaimed, anyone could justify his train. Furthermore, Schezo's attempt at "bussing" was simply too bad to be called "bussing".

If you continue pushing your current interpretation of scum actions, I am going to have to disagree. It's a pity, because you really were the most insightful player here, but I don't think town would continue with that version of events.

« Reply #869 on: March 27, 2011, 10:05:22 PM »
Honestly? I can't really tell what you're trying to get at. I'm not trying to say the entire scumteam tried to bus a known scum buddy. I said it's a possibility scum tried to bus Hourai, but that does not make it impossible for scum to be off of him, and I'm not sure how I'm "scum pushing an interpretation of the day that doesn't flow logically" for saying this. The only thing I said for sure is that Schezo was scum and attempted to bus Hourai, because we know for a fact that's what actually happened thanks to the flips. It's even possible that Schezo was the only scum voting Hourai, if we want to go there. Also, what you said about Schezo borders on defending him over derp. I'm not sure where the notion that Schezo is beyond making mistakes comes from, because he most certainly isn't.

...After thinking it over, it doesn't seem like I'm going to be able to convince anyone at this point, so I'm just going to go ahead and fullclaim. <_< There's no point in hiding information that only helps town if I survive when it seems unlikely that I will survive anyway. I am a Town Hired Agent, and my night actions work on a point system. I start with 3 of these points, but gain 1 extra if I go through an entire day without gaining any votes. (I was intending to lurk throughout D1 to take advantage of this, but naturally Serela had to muck it up with the first post in the game.) Alongside this, I was also informed of the existance of the radios before the game began, though not necessarily the mechanics behind them. My abilities are as follows:
  • A 3-point Watcher that can only target Set A or Set B. When used, I learn of who holds the set I targeted as well as anybody who targeted them that night. I also eavesdrop on any messages sent over both radios that night.
  • A 2-point Tracker that can only target Set A or Set B. When used, I learn of who the owner of the set I targeted used their night action on that night, if any. I also eavesdrop on any messages they receive that night.
  • A 1-point Limited Tracker that can be used on any player. When used, I learn whether or not they left their house.
  • A 1-point Limited Watcher that can be used on any player. When used, I learn whether or not somebody targeted them.

I used my 2-point Tracker on Set B during Night 1, since I knew Set B's owner to be Shadoweh and suspected her from her late D1 actions with Hourai. The watcher didn't seem worth the cost at all since I didn't feel either radio holder was a likely N1 target. I chose not to go for a limited tracker/watcher due to their general uselessness and also because I felt Hourai's flip would allow me to get through D2 without a vote for a second Tracker shot (but that unfortunately did not work out very well).

Beyond everything that I have already mentioned, I have one additional ability: if I am one of the two radio holders, I automatically bodyguard the other holder every night. This is why I asked Serela to send me a radio set; I figured that Schezo was an obvious kill for the day and that I would probably end up radio masons with Serela since he would have both of the radios back. Since Serela was a likely kill target for scum at the time, me bodyguarding him would not only result in scum probably killing me and helping weed out the real scum on Edible's list, but it would also help an obvtown live on to D3.

Unfortunately, my role also has a slight downside. Since I am a secret agent, I only flip as "Town Hired Agent", and my powers are not revealed by the mod following my flip. Not sure how he'll go about doing that, I was only told that he would not say what I can do (I don't know whether or not he only gives my role name or actually alludes to my powers not being revealed by the flip). Not that this part of my role really matters at this point, seeing as I just explained everything anyway. :V

Okay, I... think I covered everything. If I live to N2 and Kilga flips town, I will probably use my limited tracker on Edible. Otherwise, I really have no idea at this point and will consider saving it.