Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 119085 times)

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #510 on: March 24, 2011, 04:24:40 AM »
Shadoweh, would it hurt to stop trying to control the day phase completely just because the RNG decided to give you a one-shot dayvig? <_< I'm not attacking your alignment over this, but town has nothing to gain from turning D2 into "everybody defend themselves" day and I think you should be handling your responsibility in a better manner than sitting back and fearmongering while expecting everybody to hunt scum for you.

I'm not asking for your opinions on Colt as a vig target, I'm asking for your opinions on Colt as potential scum.

capt. h taking a joke I made and running with it is looking rather odd, considering that his late D1 showed that he can do better than this.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #511 on: March 24, 2011, 04:27:51 AM »
Also, if you're a town!dayvig, then you should either
a) Shoot whoever town thinks is the most/second most scummiest, since it's essentially a double lynch
b) Shoot whoever you personally think is the most scummiest

So I'm basically speculating that you're going to shoot me, but if you are, tell me so I can claim first.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #512 on: March 24, 2011, 04:30:08 AM »
Posting from the middle of a lecture, like a boss.
Only skimmed through the topic for now.
Anyway, Shadoweh, if you give me a heads up on your target before you shoot I should be able to guarantee that your target will die. (ie. break down bulletproof if they have it and disable things like Hourai's redirects)

Warning - while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Trying to type up a post whilst trying to get notes down at the same time is hard.

capt. h: Are you using how PX refers to himself as a basis for him being scummy?

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Apparently you are, which is pretty stupid.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #513 on: March 24, 2011, 04:32:27 AM »
It might hurt me. My role is not just a one-shot dayvig. My role is going to get me killed and it's too good not to use that part of it so I have to work fast. This also means threats to lynch me if I don't shoot who you want me to don't scare me. I don't have time to defend myself. I also don't intend to sit back but I need time to re-evaluate my internal zombie list now that two deaths were added.

Colt is a non-presence. He didn't bother to make a case yesterday. Same with Zakeri actually. These two need to actually contribute before I can decide which is worse.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #514 on: March 24, 2011, 04:32:42 AM »
Shadoweh, would it hurt to stop trying to control the day phase completely just because the RNG decided to give you a one-shot dayvig? <_< I'm not attacking your alignment over this, but town has nothing to gain from turning D2 into "everybody defend themselves" day and I think you should be handling your responsibility in a better manner than sitting back and fearmongering while expecting everybody to hunt scum for you.

I'm not asking for your opinions on Colt as a vig target, I'm asking for your opinions on Colt as potential scum.

capt. h taking a joke I made and running with it is looking rather odd, considering that his late D1 showed that he can do better than this.

It's my sense of precision kicking in. I mentioned my job before: it's to check on the factual accuracy of other people's work, and often involves double checking everything. In other words, once I noticed that instance of PX referring to himself in the third person and you brought it up, I felt obligated to check to see if that was within the norm or not. It is in fact not within the norm, and I was being sincere when I said I would scan his previous posts for any instance of him refering to himself as "PX" in the third person.

Remember, I also confirmed Hourai's false claim on you that you didn't use the word "scum" when refering to Conqueror by checking all your previous posts this game and looking for instances of the word scum, and coming to the conclusion that Hourai's claim was false. I then desired an explanation from Hourai for his false claim. Similarly i demand an explanation from PX for his claim that referring to himself in the third person is not unusual.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #515 on: March 24, 2011, 04:33:42 AM »

« Reply #516 on: March 24, 2011, 04:35:52 AM »
OCD much?

Honestly, townies are just as likely to make these small mistakes as scum are. It's not really worth getting hung up on when there are actual wagons and flips to analyze.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #517 on: March 24, 2011, 04:44:55 AM »
OCD much?

Honestly, townies are just as likely to make these small mistakes as scum are. It's not really worth getting hung up on when there are actual wagons and flips to analyze.

Yeah, you may have a point. I mean, about the OCD. Since it bothered me, I went back and used ctrl-f on every post PX ever made, and I can confirm this is pretty much the second time he has ever referred to himself as PX. The previous instance was JK9 Mafia post #174, with a very different, deliberate connotation. This is the first time he has ever accidentally referred to himself in the third person.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #518 on: March 24, 2011, 04:51:23 AM »
Screw the lecture.
Anyway, my case on PX from D1 still applies.
PX has said pretty much nothing so far today.
Over the entire game this post is the only real case he has made.

Shadoweh: My opinion on Shadoweh has changed since the roleclaim, since it seems like it would be a pretty silly claim to make if she was scum.
What's with people and their suicidal roles though?

Argh, battery is starting to run low.
~3 hours until I get home.

Shadoweh

« Reply #519 on: March 24, 2011, 04:59:24 AM »
Dormio: This is the Apocalypse, true heros aren't afraid to die if they take the zombies with them. I believed Conqueror's roleclaim despite how crazy it sounded because it fit with mine. Don't worry, I'm not going to surprise shoot without saying who I want to eat lead.

huh what: I would count a wording mistake like that as a point against the person even if it's not the be-all and end all. The way capt.h presents his argument seems to be consistent with yesterday.

capt.h: That's a good start, but look for other inconsistencies in PX's posts if you want to take it further. It's not damning evidence on its own.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #520 on: March 24, 2011, 05:14:42 AM »
Okay, to stop laughing, I will say this. My referring to myself in third person in that post is not a mistake. It is intentional.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #521 on: March 24, 2011, 05:15:30 AM »
Another thing. Why are Edible and NeoSerela missing from your list of targets?

Also, I think we should wait for everyone else to get back before we do something.

Shadoweh

« Reply #522 on: March 24, 2011, 05:16:09 AM »
Because I think NeoSerela is town and Pesco is the only person that made sense yesterday.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #523 on: March 24, 2011, 05:37:08 AM »
I'm more or less done with my reread.  In the meantime, have some info.

Hi kids!  I'm Edible and I have a very silly role.

I'm a biologist and had enough of my equipment left to perform one blood sample test.  Sadly, my equipment was somewhat fruity, and I could only test folks en masse.  Even more sadly, a certain rabbit used my ability for me last night.

Er, did I say sadly?  I meant "thankfully," because I got a positive result.  Hooray!

Five names were given:

huh what, Bardiche, Shadoweh, Kilgamayan, Schezo

Of the above, at least two are zombies

That is all the information I have, but I feel it is important enough to share.

« Reply #524 on: March 24, 2011, 05:40:47 AM »
what

Immediate picks would be Bard and Schezo (barring a scum vig), but... yeah. <_< We should definitely make sure that Shadoweh's vig hits one of those people.

Edible

« Reply #525 on: March 24, 2011, 05:44:36 AM »
what

huh

Why Bard/Schezo over Kilga?

« Reply #526 on: March 24, 2011, 05:47:27 AM »
I was getting townie vibes from him D1, but now that you mention it, he was on the Conqueror wagon, so... hm. I have not done an in-depth look at him, so.

Do you have any personal choices yourself yet?

Shadoweh

« Reply #527 on: March 24, 2011, 06:00:36 AM »
Kilga is one of those players that's really good at sounding town. Catching him if he's not would be hard. But he didn't die D1 so obviously he's a zombie. I have a question for him though, why did he step up to defend PX on speaking in the third person?

Edible

« Reply #528 on: March 24, 2011, 06:03:09 AM »
Gut tells me Kilga needs to die.

Logic tells me Schezo does.

Both tell me huh what doesn't.

Neither tell me much about Bardiche at all.

Finally, I think there's a better chance of Shadoweh being a third party than town, but as long as she's acting in our interests I see no reason to do whatever it is we do to potential zombies.  Dayvigs are easily verifiable and can be influenced by town as essentially a second lynch with no night phase, should the shooter play along.

I usually go with my gut over my logic, so I would pick Kilga for the bullet.

Further thoughts will have to wait given I should have gone to bed two hours ago.

« Reply #529 on: March 24, 2011, 06:03:56 AM »
If Shadoweh was third party, would your role catch her as scum?

Shadoweh

« Reply #530 on: March 24, 2011, 06:15:31 AM »
I do sound like a Psychopath but I assure you I am both Town and that no part of my role registers me as scum. No one's getting shot until my imposed deadline anyways. Now I'm going to go try that sleep thing that worked for four hours earlier.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #531 on: March 24, 2011, 08:40:11 AM »
Okay, back from uni.

Firstly.
Kilgamayan: Why shouldn't we touch any of them?
Especially PescarEdible considering how we have almost no content from him.

Anyway.
Edible: Care to elaborate on why logic tells you Schezo is a zombie? Process of elimination?

PX: Do people that aren't Shadoweh exist in your eyes?

Shadoweh

« Reply #532 on: March 24, 2011, 10:35:21 AM »
Peaches and milk will help me sleep I hope.  :ohdear:

I've realized I'm explaining the Traitor thing wrong according to the wiki. It's listed as a role but it's technically a third party scum alignment that wins with scum and knows who all the scum are. At most the zombies knew there was a Traitor out there that they could recruit.

Shadoweh

« Reply #533 on: March 24, 2011, 10:38:19 AM »
25 Hours Till Someone Gonna Eat Buckshot
Bardiche
Colt
Kilgamayan
Schezo
Zakeri

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #534 on: March 24, 2011, 10:57:28 AM »
Just woke up, need to go to work very soon, will do my best there to re-evaluable who I think is scum in light of what people have discussed about the traitor role.

I'll be honest: I rarely read flavor, opting to skip to the important part, and when I saw a red role with "power to redirect town's night actions" I assumed it meant scum regardless of the role name (especially since the traitors I've played with in the past were pretty much just VTs that won with the scum instead of being actual factual disconnected scum like Hourai apparently was - Carthrat's Turncoat role being one pseudoexample of such a role taking place here). Assuming Hourai was disconnect scum means that my entire overnight foundation for analyzing wagons gets flipped on its ear. However, it also means things like this

I was getting townie vibes from him D1, but now that you mention it, he was on the Conqueror wagon, so... hm. I have not done an in-depth look at him, so.

don't apply as much as people that notice them may like, because if we to are assume scum did not know Hourai was his role, then, from scum's point of view, the Conqueror/Hourai situation was town/town (with the additional likely scenario that Serela was town), and they would have approached it as such, rather than trying to steer the wagons away from a known buddy. Unless people wish to assert that scum were positive at that point in the game that Hourai was a secret buddy, but that seems rather far-fetched.

Not a whole lot I can do about learning "gut" says I should die, but I can at least respond to these:

I have a question for him though, why did he step up to defend PX on speaking in the third person?

This is kind of a heavily-worded question since I don't know how much you want to call what I said "defending", but I said what I said because I had remembered it occurring once before, so I thought it odd that huh what would only question it now.

Kilgamayan: Why shouldn't we touch any of them?

Because of their interactions with Hourai and circumstances surrounding him yesterday. huh what had been gunning for him almost the entire game, Serela was the alternative filibuster choice and Pesco and UK landed on Hourai at rather crucial times.

I could get behind any of Colt, Schezo or Zakeri eating it, Colt's been barely here at all, Zakeri had that Day 1 to end all Day 1s and Schezo's dance and disappearance at the end of yesterday still weirds me out. Bard I hesitate, as he has at least been here saying intelligent things and taking obvious stances, even if UK turned out to be town and huh what also seems to be.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #535 on: March 24, 2011, 10:57:58 AM »
*re-evaluate

herp Edible on the brain

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #536 on: March 24, 2011, 11:05:07 AM »
Also might as well do this, assuming Shadoweh's self-destruction upon role usage will indeed take place.

##Unvote
##Vote: Schezo

Best overlap with current opinions and the two provided lists, even with the offered explanation about how his day ended. Though I suppose actually voting for anyone on Shadoweh's list has less impact than a vote normally does.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #537 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:08 AM »
Though I guess I shouldn't hesitate on thinking Bard to be scum given Edible's list and Shadoweh's supposed impending town flip. Unless I want to entertain the possibility of huh what being scum.

Which I suppose is actually much less impossible than I first thought because he would not have known he was bussing a buddy all day yesterday.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #538 on: March 24, 2011, 11:11:22 AM »
multi-post drifting wheeeeeeeeeeeeee

k work

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #539 on: March 24, 2011, 12:26:16 PM »
posting from work wheeeeeeeeeeeee

Also I suppose it's entirely possible Edible is lying given he has a history of lying about his role as town (or is potentially simply a lying scum), but I did not get scummy impressions from Pesco and this would be a rather egregious lie as town even for him, especially in the face of Shadoweh's vig claim, given the two claims were basically guaranteed to be used in conjunction with each other.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.