Author Topic: Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl  (Read 37232 times)

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Re: Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2014, 07:43:28 PM »
Mine seemed to work perfectly fine, not sure what could cause that...
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2014, 08:05:05 PM »
Can you give me your version of the game ? Mine is 1.0.0.0

Else I will try to patch elsewhere .

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2014, 08:10:01 PM »
1.0.0.0. To my knowledge, there are no official patches for the game.

Did the game work without applying the patch?

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2014, 08:37:48 PM »
Well I had to reinstall mine since I deleted the wrong file, oddly I still had my save file... not sure how that happened.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2014, 09:14:54 PM »

This occurs on running the patch, and attempting to run the game afterwards results in the black screen.

EDIT: Looking at it carefully, it seems to heavily reduce the file size of the original DATA00.PAC file. I don't know why this is the case.

SECOND EDIT: Okay, it seems to only happen if you attempt to install over it while the .orig file is not correct. I accidentally did it over the partial patch, which meant the .orig file itself was causing problems. It's all good now.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 09:25:38 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2014, 09:46:52 PM »
Tested and confirmed.

You need to do the patch on a v1.0.0.0 game full jap ver.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2014, 09:57:09 PM »
OK as long as it works now, the read me file talks about issues patching the English patch but didn't know what it would do if tried.

« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2014, 12:35:00 AM »
i signed up here just to thank you for this english patch! it worked like a dream and i've been doing nothing but playing this game ever since. thanks a lot!

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2014, 01:43:56 AM »
=) Thank you for letting us know, feels good to do something that lets people enjoy things better!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2014, 10:30:44 AM »
Patch seems to work for me too, thanks alot everyone!
If I have more questions/comments about the game I'll make it in a HME topic but for now, I just tried to do patchy's first dream and it says to defeat the tapir's in 2 turns. I assumed that this meant I could move everyone I put in the dream twice..But I only moved 2 characters once, my other 2 0 times. and I failed. What the crap? What's the point of letting me bring 4 people if I only get to do 2 moves? The first dream I had versus rumia seemed to give me 10 actual turns (10 each, not 10 total), but maybe it didn't and I just didn't realize (she DID lose quickly but I dunno if it was in 10 moves). I don't even know if there's any way to nuke multiple enemies in one attack too! Any advice?

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2014, 11:23:39 AM »
Having long range can help, sanae and sakuya are both your starting long range characters. It might be best to over level and get into a spot where you can just nuke everyone with all of your attacks.

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2014, 12:51:29 PM »
Patch seems to work for me too, thanks alot everyone!
If I have more questions/comments about the game I'll make it in a HME topic but for now, I just tried to do patchy's first dream and it says to defeat the tapir's in 2 turns. I assumed that this meant I could move everyone I put in the dream twice..But I only moved 2 characters once, my other 2 0 times. and I failed. What the crap? What's the point of letting me bring 4 people if I only get to do 2 moves? The first dream I had versus rumia seemed to give me 10 actual turns (10 each, not 10 total), but maybe it didn't and I just didn't realize (she DID lose quickly but I dunno if it was in 10 moves). I don't even know if there's any way to nuke multiple enemies in one attack too! Any advice?

No, you need to defeat them all on the 2nd turn. So, you have one turn of setup where you can move around, then when it's your turn again you have to defeat every one of the tapir. Kill any on the first turn and you lose. Don't kill them all on the 2nd turn and you lose. It's tough, yeah.

Turn counts are always for everyone. It doesn't keep track of individual movements or anything. You move all your characters, maybe attacking, and then you click the 'End turn' button.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2014, 01:06:54 AM »
Thanks! I did some quick wiki research when I went to bed last night and saw that the key word was "ON" turn two rather than "BY" turn 2... argh. Wanted to edit my post and delete but I forgot my password to login for my phone and I auto login here. blah. not sure why my phone doesn't autologin too, it used to for years, just stopped now.

Anyway I haven't noticed any translation derps yet!