Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragon Ball Z - Episode 10  (Read 116187 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Puzzle and Dragon Ball Z - Episode 10
« Reply #990 on: July 28, 2014, 11:22:31 PM »
I don't think locking people out of rerolling is the core problem, the problem is that people are expected to do it. I've seen a couple of people try to get into the game, see that they're required/expected to do that, and drop it on the spot because it gives a bad first impression. And I agree with them, I didn't reroll after a bad opening pull, and if I hadn't lucked into something great I probably wouldn't still be playing. Better starters or a one-time beginner egg machine that gives guaranteed usable leaders would go a long way toward making the game accessible.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #991 on: July 28, 2014, 11:50:36 PM »
Yeah, but gungho is stupid and would never do that :v

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #992 on: July 29, 2014, 12:10:40 AM »
Don't think it would even be that hard to do, I mean... They could just make it so that, instead of getting 5 stones on the tutorial to spend on the REM, you could get a single pull from a beginner-exclusive Egg Machine.

Hell, if they're feeling particularly lazy, just give that REM a 100% of chances of giving you a random monster from the previous godfest (or whatever godfest might be on at the time) with lowered chances of Special Gods.

But of course, most gaming companies don't seem to use common sense, GungHo apparently is no different.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #993 on: July 29, 2014, 12:33:23 AM »
Don't think it would even be that hard to do, I mean... They could just make it so that, instead of getting 5 stones on the tutorial to spend on the REM, you could get a single pull from a beginner-exclusive Egg Machine.

Hell, if they're feeling particularly lazy, just give that REM a 100% of chances of giving you a random monster from the previous godfest (or whatever godfest might be on at the time) with lowered chances of Special Gods.

But of course, most gaming companies don't seem to use common sense, GungHo apparently is no different.

it's obviously not, they've made special rems before.

They just WANT to trap you into whaling, Gungho and most mobile game companys are predatory by nature.

So...yeah, basically. Some games even lock you out of rollscumming and lemme tell you, it's the worst

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #994 on: July 29, 2014, 12:36:08 AM »
it's obviously not, they've made special rems before.

They just WANT to trap you into whaling, Gungho and most mobile game companys are predatory by nature.

So...yeah, basically. Some games even lock you out of rollscumming and lemme tell you, it's the worst

True that's one of the nice things about Dorapo. They actually give you a decent starter that doesn't require a ton of investment. Less annoying skillup system too. Too bad I like PAD better as far as the actual game goes.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

« Reply #995 on: July 29, 2014, 12:43:13 AM »
True that's one of the nice things about Dorapo. They actually give you a decent starter that doesn't require a ton of investment. Less annoying skillup system too. Too bad I like PAD better as far as the actual game goes.

Pretty much, hell it's the example I was avoiding.

They both give you a free 'gold egg' (SS card) ontop of your starter, -and- make them worthwhile cards that will last you. It's the kind of system Pad would appreciate.

except whoops pad doesn't take hints from other games like morons

« Reply #996 on: July 29, 2014, 01:00:14 AM »
pad doesnt take hints from other games because they are making more money than them :V

Chaore

« Reply #997 on: July 29, 2014, 02:11:25 AM »
pad doesnt take hints from other games because they are making more money than them :V

Sadly, yes.

PAD basically runs off it's own absurd popularity enough to actually get away with all this bullshit.

This doesn't mean they shouldn't however, but lets not talk about game deaths when it's not actually in sight yet.

Edit: Also that filters into 'because they're morons' too anyway because making less money = / = worse product, a lot of this is popularity and gungho has a LOT of steps up on other games, including the hideous amounts of collabs they sell out on
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 02:14:22 AM by Chaore »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #998 on: July 29, 2014, 02:58:19 AM »
1-stoned Wadatsumi Legend and got the drop using a Luci team.

Never again.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #999 on: July 29, 2014, 04:58:33 AM »
1-stoned Wadatsumi Legend and got the drop using a Luci team.

Never again.

Why not Kirin?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #1000 on: July 29, 2014, 05:00:50 AM »
WHO'S GOING TO BE MAKING NEXT THREAD GUYS

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Chaore

« Reply #1001 on: July 29, 2014, 05:02:33 AM »
WHO'S GOING TO BE MAKING NEXT THREAD GUYS

I GOT THIS, NO WORRIES. GIMME A SEC.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #1002 on: July 29, 2014, 05:05:13 AM »
Why not Kirin?

because of the stupid orb changers and the fact that I didn't have my +1 second crutch to help me match in time.

Just because I have Kirin doesn't mean I'm actually good with her :v

anyway thread locked