Author Topic: Have a suggestion for a new feature?  (Read 201904 times)

t0k

• Philosophy nerd!
  • To be is to do.
    • 4x13
Re: Have a suggestion for a new feature?
« Reply #210 on: April 14, 2013, 06:35:13 AM »
In the profiles section, why not add the option to add a user's My Anime List profile? I mean, there's a field for MySpace... MotK isn't really an anime community, but I'd think that a sizable percentage of us enjoy anime time from time.

The syntax for a MAL account is like this:

http://myanimelist.net/profile/ + $username

My username is g83, so my MAL profile link would be http://myanimelist.net/profile/g83 .

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #211 on: April 15, 2013, 07:16:54 PM »
Nah.

Feel free to put it in your signature though!

« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2013, 06:53:02 PM »
Is it me or that i can't find no forum "button" on the mobile version of Shrinemaiden.org? [using ipod touch 4g]. Can't get to forum from mainpage  :wat:.  But hey its no issue since forums is bookmarked for me  :V
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 10:53:58 AM by Puffy »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2013, 07:16:01 PM »
?

iConfused

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2013, 03:48:10 PM »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Edible

« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2013, 03:57:02 PM »
I see you're trying to ban Tengukami.  Would you like assistance with that?

Tengukami

« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2013, 04:00:19 PM »
 :ohdear:

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2013, 05:27:25 PM »
How about a short welcome message for newcomers?
Its not that important but , its kinda.. friendly ,i guess :3

WBL Studios

• Banned
  • Don't steal his OC ;_;
« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2013, 08:01:11 PM »
The least you guys could do is refill the coffee in the hallway coffee machine.  Seriously, that stuff's like sludge right now.  I'm not saying you need to go all out and buy a cappuchino machine, but man, seriously.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #219 on: August 27, 2013, 01:52:42 PM »
What about a button beneath a post which says something like "Agree" and under the post it says the people who have agreed with the post and you can undo that anytime. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go to FAF and see the posts that have the agree/thanks option.

Edible

« Reply #220 on: August 27, 2013, 02:02:32 PM »
Though it's possible to implement in SMF, we've purposely avoided a facebook/reddit-style like/dislike system.  We find it discourages people actually posting their opinions and thoughts on various subjects, opting instead to click a button.

The least you guys could do is refill the coffee in the hallway coffee machine.  Seriously, that stuff's like sludge right now.  I'm not saying you need to go all out and buy a cappuchino machine, but man, seriously.

Please refrain from spamming in the future.

WBL Studios

• Banned
  • Don't steal his OC ;_;
« Reply #221 on: August 28, 2013, 12:19:09 PM »
Though it's possible to implement in SMF, we've purposely avoided a facebook/reddit-style like/dislike system.  We find it discourages people actually posting their opinions and thoughts on various subjects, opting instead to click a button.

Please refrain from spamming in the future.

Wow.  If this is what happens when a guy tries to have a little fun around here...

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2013, 01:55:15 PM »
Ah, never thought of it that way. Sorry.
Wow.  If this is what happens when a guy tries to have a little fun around here...
:colbert: :colbert: :colbert:

Tengukami

« Reply #223 on: November 02, 2013, 11:00:09 PM »
Didn't think this needed it's own thread, so, I just thought I'd ask:

Is the Nethack server back? And if not, can it be please? I like alt.org but I think it'd be fun to use an MotK server as well. Just to mix things up a bit!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #224 on: November 03, 2013, 03:10:23 AM »
I have it all backed up. I could restore it and host it at home. I just didn't think anyone actually cared about it.

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Tengukami

« Reply #225 on: November 08, 2013, 11:23:39 AM »
Oh I care very much. And with Sapz' new Stone Soup thread, there's probably other interested parties.

I'm getting better at Tourist, btw. They really can do pretty much anything. 

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #226 on: November 08, 2013, 02:54:07 PM »
Well when I get some time and a chance to breathe and fix my server I'll definitely look into it.

« Reply #227 on: November 09, 2013, 02:52:59 PM »
H-hi, I'm new here. I'm trying to get acquainted with this place. But, uh... is it OK if I ask here?

These captchas are really hard to read sometimes... so it's a bit obnoxious to try to make new posts...
The captchas are just for new members like me, right?

Tengukami

« Reply #228 on: November 09, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »
Well when I get some time and a chance to breathe and fix my server I'll definitely look into it.

o/

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #229 on: November 09, 2013, 07:45:19 PM »
H-hi, I'm new here. I'm trying to get acquainted with this place. But, uh... is it OK if I ask here?

These captchas are really hard to read sometimes... so it's a bit obnoxious to try to make new posts...
The captchas are just for new members like me, right?

Yes, they'll go away after a few posts. They're in place because we got flooded with spambots for a while.

The inconvenience for legitimate users is unfortunate, but it's the lesser of two evils.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #230 on: December 09, 2013, 10:58:24 PM »
Perhaps a full list of smilies?

Since I first stumbled upon this site, I've found at least half-a-dozen smilies that are not found when posting. (I.e. The one where Yukka is strumming a guitar with the mouse-over text saying Yukkuri Shitte Ne!)
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #231 on: December 10, 2013, 12:07:36 AM »
Perhaps a full list of smilies?

Since I first stumbled upon this site, I've found at least half-a-dozen smilies that are not found when posting. (I.e. The one where Yukka is strumming a guitar with the mouse-over text saying Yukkuri Shitte Ne!)

This already exists, actually. Click the [more] button directly under the smilies that are already there, and you'll find all of the larger ones. Click those and it'll insert them into your post wherever the cursor currently is.

The one you're speaking of is :flowerpower: anyways or something I believe. Though, the mouseover text reads "Thanks, Ruro!" when I check it.
This one, right?
:flowerpower:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:10:27 AM by SirBlueberry »

« Reply #232 on: December 10, 2013, 12:35:21 AM »
there are actually a few that aren't there either like :akihawhat: and :comedycentral:

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #233 on: December 10, 2013, 03:20:32 AM »
This already exists, actually. Click the [more] button directly under the smilies that are already there, and you'll find all of the larger ones. Click those and it'll insert them into your post wherever the cursor currently is.

The one you're speaking of is :flowerpower: anyways or something I believe. Though, the mouseover text reads "Thanks, Ruro!" when I check it.
This one, right?
:flowerpower:

Wow, I didn't notice that.

And yes, that's the one.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #234 on: December 10, 2013, 06:23:33 AM »
there are actually a few that aren't there either like :akihawhat: and :comedycentral:
That's because while "retired" I haven't turned those emotes off :b

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #235 on: December 10, 2013, 07:22:16 AM »
I saved this one.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

« Reply #236 on: March 06, 2014, 09:24:47 PM »
So this has been bugging me for a while but... anyone who posts on windows 8 is labeled as Windows NT. =/

Is there an update for the current feature?

It's not that big of a deal it just irritates me lol
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 09:28:43 PM by Dude »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #237 on: March 07, 2014, 08:37:10 AM »
I'm lazy and haven't bothered to update the user agent detection

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #238 on: March 07, 2014, 02:51:08 PM »
Windows 8 is so fast you surpass the speed of light and go back in time.

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #239 on: March 13, 2014, 08:05:31 PM »
Perhaps a post count? As a guideline for length of time on the forum or something like that.