Author Topic: Iku Quest On Iki - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 54743 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Iku Quest On Iki - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #930 on: April 05, 2011, 08:22:27 PM »
> "I actually took a picture of the Makai countryside for her. It was enough to satisfy her."
> "As for now, again, I will point out that you are right, and I do not have a lot of free time on my hands. I do have other business to take care of tonight, though I will at least stay with you until your eyesight returns, of course. After that, well, I have laid out my proposal for you. I have already given you information on how to further your artwork. In addition, I will give you my story, my best efforts toward getting a picture of you, my word that I will argue down any attempt to lengthen your sentence, and an opportunity to heal a very strained friendship."

>She nods as you explain a bit more.
>"And for that, you want me to just turn myself in, huh?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #931 on: April 05, 2011, 08:30:38 PM »
> "Obviously you would receive time to conduct your interview and print your story beforehand. I suspect tomorrow morning could work just fine for this purpose, especially if you desire some time to consider. But, otherwise, yes."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #932 on: April 05, 2011, 08:52:41 PM »
> "Obviously you would receive time to conduct your interview and print your story beforehand. I suspect tomorrow morning could work just fine for this purpose, especially if you desire some time to consider. But, otherwise, yes."

>She looks at you, then looks at the ground, then back to you. "You're certain you can keep Lord Tenma from doing anything?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #933 on: April 05, 2011, 09:19:15 PM »
> "I have always found Lord Tenma to be a reasonable man. If nothing else, I will take full responsibility for what has happened. After all, you were acting on instruction from a Dragon Palace representative, and when our business was concluded, you voluntarily returned to where tengu law has decreed you belong. I think it would be rather unreasonable to hold such circumstances against you, especially without allowing me to take responsibility in your place."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #934 on: April 05, 2011, 09:29:12 PM »
> "I have always found Lord Tenma to be a reasonable man. If nothing else, I will take full responsibility for what has happened. After all, you were acting on instruction from a Dragon Palace representative, and when our business was concluded, you voluntarily returned to where tengu law has decreed you belong. I think it would be rather unreasonable to hold such circumstances against you, especially without allowing me to take responsibility in your place."

>"It's not enough," says Aya. "I can't just go back and be stuck in cage again like I was before. I didn't humiliate myself for that."

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #935 on: April 05, 2011, 09:31:48 PM »
> Raise an eyebrow.
> "How did you humiliate yourself? From what I have heard, the Yama came out on the short end of your encounter."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #936 on: April 05, 2011, 09:35:46 PM »
> Raise an eyebrow.
> "How did you humiliate yourself? From what I have heard, the Yama came out on the short end of your encounter."

>"I meant yesterday!"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #937 on: April 05, 2011, 11:16:09 PM »
> "Oh! Oh."
> Look away.
> "Um."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #938 on: April 05, 2011, 11:26:13 PM »
> "Oh! Oh."
> Look away.
> "Um."

>"Exactly," says Aya. "If you're asking me to just go back like nothing's ever happened, I can't. Do you really think I would have just done that kind of thing on a whim? I was that desperate to get out!"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #939 on: April 05, 2011, 11:30:05 PM »
>"Well, you acted casually enough about the whole thing."

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #940 on: April 05, 2011, 11:31:51 PM »
> Sigh.
> "This really is an incredibly complicated situation. I guess I am indeed going to go speak with the Yama myself."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #941 on: April 05, 2011, 11:45:25 PM »
>"Well, you acted casually enough about the whole thing."

>"I just seized the opportunity before it could be retracted," says Aya.

> Sigh.
> "This really is an incredibly complicated situation. I guess I am indeed going to go speak with the Yama myself."

>"Better to just talk with Lord Tenma," says Aya. "He's heard her case, and made the decision."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #942 on: April 05, 2011, 11:49:32 PM »
> Frown.
> "That will make things worse. Striking a deal with you for official Bhavagran business is one thing. Telling Lord Tenma that I think I know how tengu business should be run better than he does is quite another."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:56:35 PM by Yamameko no Naku Roda ni »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #943 on: April 06, 2011, 12:01:14 AM »
> Frown.
> "That will make things worse. Striking a deal with you for official Bhavagran business is one thing. Telling Lord Tenma that I think I know how tengu business should be run better than he does is quite another."

>"Well the Yama sure as hell got away with it," says Aya. "But, if you think you can melt her yourself, good luck."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #944 on: April 06, 2011, 12:10:25 AM »
> "The Yama also ranks very highly, and I suspect had a lot more, shall we say, conviction, given what had just happened."
> Sigh again.
> "Would a reduced sentence be acceptable? I find it extremely unlikely that I will be able to get you out of this entirely."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #945 on: April 06, 2011, 12:25:50 AM »
> "The Yama also ranks very highly, and I suspect had a lot more, shall we say, conviction, given what had just happened."
> Sigh again.
> "Would a reduced sentence be acceptable? I find it extremely unlikely that I will be able to get you out of this entirely."

>"As long as it's reduced past what I've already served," says Aya. She sighs. "You know what I mean."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #946 on: April 06, 2011, 12:30:15 AM »
> Frown.
> "...If I do such a thing for you, you realize that I will no longer have any incentive or motivation to do anything else I have offered to do, correct?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #947 on: April 06, 2011, 01:15:22 AM »
> Frown.
> "...If I do such a thing for you, you realize that I will no longer have any incentive or motivation to do anything else I have offered to do, correct?"

>"I can get information elsewhere," says Aya with a shrug, "But I don't have a lot of other choices for freedom."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #948 on: April 06, 2011, 01:21:39 AM »
> "You also do not have a lot of other choices with getting a picture of yourself, as you yourself have admitted."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #949 on: April 06, 2011, 01:32:31 AM »
> "You also do not have a lot of other choices with getting a picture of yourself, as you yourself have admitted."

>"Yeah, but having a picture doesn't get me out of there," says Aya. "At least, if free, there's some chance I can get that."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #950 on: April 06, 2011, 01:33:59 AM »
> "The one person you said could possibly do it is someone with whom you are disgusted to share oxygen. That does not sound very much like 'some chance' to me. Besides, do you really think I would send you off to turn yourself in without being secure in the knowledge that a picture of you existed?"
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:37:53 AM by Yamameko no Naku Roda ni »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #951 on: April 06, 2011, 02:16:10 AM »
> "The one person you said could possibly do it is someone with whom you are disgusted to share oxygen. That does not sound very much like 'some chance' to me. Besides, do you really think I would send you off to turn yourself in without being secure in the knowledge that a picture of you existed?"

>"Maybe so," says Aya, "But it'd still be back in that cage and wouldn't be able to do anything. And while the odds of getting a picture are low, better low odds of that than no odds of freedom."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #952 on: April 06, 2011, 03:40:50 AM »
> "The odds of freedom seem pretty good to me, given your incarceration had a time limit."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #953 on: April 06, 2011, 03:46:09 AM »
> "The odds of freedom seem pretty good to me, given your incarceration had a time limit."

>"Yeah, I only missed how many incidents, while that hack bumbled through like a blind yak?" says Aya.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #954 on: April 06, 2011, 03:51:35 AM »
> Shrug.
> "Well, I tried. My efforts not good enough, but there is nothing I can do about that. I can only hope your friend finds peace of mind some other way."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #955 on: April 06, 2011, 04:09:15 AM »
> Shrug.
> "Well, I tried. My efforts not good enough, but there is nothing I can do about that. I can only hope your friend finds peace of mind some other way."

>"So first you were talking like you were going to do it," says Aya, "And now you just changed your mind, huh? I thought a celestial would care about justice."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #956 on: April 06, 2011, 04:13:03 AM »
> "I do, which is why I made this offer at all. Perhaps you noticed that nowhere in my offer did I gain anything other than the knowledge that you and Momizi were together again. But you seem to have no interest in justice for your friend, and I am not going to try to take you back there forcibly, so I am rather stuck."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #957 on: April 06, 2011, 04:18:15 AM »
> "I do, which is why I made this offer at all. Perhaps you noticed that nowhere in my offer did I gain anything other than the knowledge that you and Momizi were together again. But you seem to have no interest in justice for your friend, and I am not going to try to take you back there forcibly, so I am rather stuck."

>"Go with my plan, and my friend won't have anything to worry about," says Aya.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #958 on: April 06, 2011, 04:22:33 AM »
> "And then where is Lord Tenma's justice, for having a high-ranking outsider tell him how to run his village a second time? Where is the Yama's justice, for the embarrassment and physical harm caused to her? Where is Bhava-Agra's justice, for the shame that will be brought down upon it for my abusing my position to shove my opinion into business that is not mine?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #959 on: April 06, 2011, 04:33:20 AM »
> "And then where is Lord Tenma's justice, for having a high-ranking outsider tell him how to run his village a second time? Where is the Yama's justice, for the embarrassment and physical harm caused to her? Where is Bhava-Agra's justice, for the shame that will be brought down upon it for my abusing my position to shove my opinion into business that is not mine?"

>"The Yama got her justice who knows how many times over already, she's made me regret I didn't make as many prints as I could and spread them everywhere!" says Aya. "And for Lord Tenma, you'd be doing him a favor, practically! Not like he could talk back to the Yama without anyone else backing him."

>_