Author Topic: Starcraft 2! (Also the Blizzard Goes To Hell thread)  (Read 45502 times)

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
    • Primum Mobile ~ Doujin Circle

RE-BORN INDISCRIMINATE INSTINCT

Re: Starcraft 2! (Also the Blizzard Goes To Hell thread)
« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2010, 01:52:10 AM »
This division is so fail.

Edit: Took a screenshot before we got knocked off rank 1.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 02:04:25 AM by SUPREME★ボガス »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #184 on: September 03, 2010, 05:14:50 AM »
You guys thought the Mommaship rush was awesome? Wait 'till you see what 200 probes are capable of.

Spoiler:
400 NEXI

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2010, 12:20:45 AM »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2010, 03:07:59 PM »
Honestly, blizzard is vetting kinda sloppy with their patching process nowadays IMO. I assumed they would have been able to figure out to change the splash formula for structures... They even already had code there for ram, how hard could it be.

I don't really care though, I'm not really into mel?e games... Just eagerly awaiting some touhou maps =p.

Maybe if they give archons the same splash mechanic... Those guys are useless... Oh wait, they are great at dumping your gas reserves at record speed.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2010, 06:35:15 PM »
So Blizz fixed the splash damage against buildings like they said, but it just brought more problems on the Ultralisk. The Ultralisk splash radius was target radius +2, which was ok until patch 1.1 where Ultras were able to attack Command Centers and the splash pretty much covered half the screen. So you'd think they would just change how the splash radius is calculated on buildings only, right? Nope, they changed it against all units. From the test people have done, they have calculated that the splash radius has been decreased from target radius+2 to just 2. Ultralisks are now weaker than in patch 1.0.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2010, 07:01:45 PM »
So Blizz fixed the splash damage against buildings like they said, but it just brought more problems on the Ultralisk. The Ultralisk splash radius was target radius +2, which was ok until patch 1.1 where Ultras were able to attack Command Centers and the splash pretty much covered half the screen. So you'd think they would just change how the splash radius is calculated on buildings only, right? Nope, they changed it against all units. From the test people have done, they have calculated that the splash radius has been decreased from target radius+2 to just 2. Ultralisks are now weaker than in patch 1.0.

I thought they would do something like this.
Have you ever played the challenge levels? Specifically the one where you get a pool of units in the middle, and there are 3 different spots you have to defend by selecting the right counter for each of the units?

With a splash radius of 2, I expect the one where you are supposed to send 2 ultralisks to pawn the 6 collosi on the left will suddenly be rape, and not for you.

« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2010, 09:30:46 PM »
Feedback no longer works against PDD.  o/

lumber_of_the_beast

« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2010, 09:48:21 PM »
Feedback no longer works against PDD.  \o/
Graviton Beam is now bugged; when the unit being lifted is destroyed, the Phoenix remains in the casting animation rather than exiting it.

Judging by the Ultra fix, they're going to patch this by removing Graviton Beam :V

« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2010, 09:51:11 PM »
The 1.2 patch will remove Zerg as a race.  Just watch.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2010, 10:22:19 PM »
Notice how all the things you just mentioned have no negative effects on Terran. Hmm

Graviton Beam is now bugged; when the unit being lifted is destroyed, the Phoenix remains in the casting animation rather than exiting it.

Judging by the Ultra fix, they're going to patch this by removing Graviton Beam :V

Don't be silly, they'll just make it so the Phoenix dies when the Beam ends
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:26:15 PM by Admiral Skye »

« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2010, 11:31:57 PM »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2010, 11:59:10 PM »
Notice how one if the 5 Thors that got hit still has green health. The Ultralisk clearly moved and hit that Thor only once meaning it only hits 4 instead of 5. Apparently a Blue said that they decreased the radius slightly and that it will only be noticeable only large targets. But here we can see it greatly affected damage against small units and Ultras now hit almost half the amount of targets and you rarely see Siege Tanks and Thors stacked up like that for the splash to be useful. What's sad is that people believe that the splash damage was bugged for all units instead of only buildings so they support the change.

Observer

• Light Bearer
  • Arcanum Infinitum
    • Primum Mobile ~ Doujin Circle
« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2010, 12:25:11 AM »
You know what happens next: I finally classified to a league and the first thing I know is that I'm on a 4v4 where two of my allies are zerg and the other four (two terran, one protoss and a pesky zerg spamming hydras) go straight at them and absolutely tear them apart. I can only do so much with 4 carriers without support and the terran dude spamming marines instead of making a damn MMM ball with vikings to own air.

Also, they tried to Thor-spam my carriers. They forgot I did the interceptor upgrade+damage. There go their Thors. Still, a massive Stalker spam tore me apart big time... I was hoping my terran ally would've at least built some tanks, I mean, they didn't even have blink, jeez.

I used to love so much 4v4 in Warcraft III but here it's like I either have to go mass Stalkers>tech to Colossi and proxy a pylon/warp prism to overrun enemy bases or void ray spam and roflstomp before they come to roflstomp me with their void rays or MMM.

Also, I love how Dark Templars are so useless but the only moment/day you forget to build an observer or run out of energy to do a Scan it's when they decide to throw you a Dark Templar rush on your bases... "To the shadows I run!"

RE-BORN INDISCRIMINATE INSTINCT

« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2010, 12:35:58 AM »

Notice how one if the 5 Thors that got hit still has green health. The Ultralisk clearly moved and hit that Thor only once meaning it only hits 4 instead of 5. Apparently a Blue said that they decreased the radius slightly and that it will only be noticeable only large targets. But here we can see it greatly affected damage against small units and Ultras now hit almost half the amount of targets and you rarely see Siege Tanks and Thors stacked up like that for the splash to be useful. What's sad is that people believe that the splash damage was bugged for all units instead of only buildings so they support the change.
Quote from: #shrinemaiden
[16:43:32] <~Mashiro-Rima> SupremeBogus: uhh the 9 marines vs 17 marines and 6 tanks vs 3 tanks is huuuuge
[16:43:41] <~Mashiro-Rima> you vcan't splash through one line of tanks now
[16:43:46] <SupremeBogus> At least they didn't REMOVE the splash.
[16:43:50] <SupremeBogus> lol

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2010, 01:29:56 AM »
I remember in the beta everyone kept saying that Ultralisks were useless because they died before they could reach their target and were in need of a buff. Then suddenly in a patch, Ultralisks have their health reduced by 150, damage to small units decreased to 15 and damage to armored increased to 40 but the splash damage reduced from 100% to 33%. The Ultra got nerfed pretty hard and the +damage to armored doesn't help at all because they die even faster now. Blizzard's excuse "We gave the Infestor an ability that makes a single unit do %25 more damage and makes them immune to stuns. When used on an Ultralisk it seemed OP." So basically, Zerg players had to get an Infestor for every Ultralisk so they can be somewhat useful. The stun immunity doesn't help much since Ultras lost a massive chunk of their health so they still have trouble reaching their targets. Blizzard then actually does something right and remove that Infestor ability and give Ultralisks stun immunity by default, increased the health and speed. And now, in this patch,  they are back to Not-so-Ultralisk.

I still want to know why they gave the Infestor an ability that's only useful on 1 Zerg unit, that's like having to need a High Templar to give Colossi the ability to attack and climb cliffs.

« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2010, 02:02:14 AM »
I remember in the beta everyone kept saying that Ultralisks were useless because they died before they could reach their target and were in need of a buff. Then suddenly in a patch, Ultralisks have their health reduced by 150, damage to small units decreased to 15 and damage to armored increased to 40 but the splash damage reduced from 100% to 33%. The Ultra got nerfed pretty hard and the +damage to armored doesn't help at all because they die even faster now. Blizzard's excuse "We gave the Infestor an ability that makes a single unit do %25 more damage and makes them immune to stuns. When used on an Ultralisk it seemed OP." So basically, Zerg players had to get an Infestor for every Ultralisk so they can be somewhat useful. The stun immunity doesn't help much since Ultras lost a massive chunk of their health so they still have trouble reaching their targets. Blizzard then actually does something right and remove that Infestor ability and give Ultralisks stun immunity by default, increased the health and speed. And now, in this patch,  they are back to Not-so-Ultralisk.

I still want to know why they gave the Infestor an ability that's only useful on 1 Zerg unit, that's like having to need a High Templar to give Colossi the ability to attack and climb cliffs.
Notice how Blizzard has no problems with Terran.   :derp:

« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2010, 02:04:50 AM »
Wasn't Terran overpowered in the first game as well?

And Blizzard definitely does not have a good track record with balance. They didn't even get balance right in WarCraft II.

« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2010, 02:07:01 AM »
Wasn't Terran overpowered in the first game as well?

And Blizzard definitely does not have a good track record with balance. They didn't even get balance right in WarCraft II.
Terran was the weakest race in SC1 IIRC.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2010, 04:50:47 AM »
Another interview on the state of Zerg

EDIT: Ignore it, it's just the same interview as lumber's link but on another website

EDIT 2: Someone did a test with the previous beta builds and I noticed that when it did 100% splash damage the radius was as small as it is now . When they decreased the damage to 33% it the radius was also changed to target size +2. But now it has both a small radius and 33% damage. Blizzard has buffed several aspects and nerfed others, and then when they were going to revert it back they forgot to undo the nerf and only undid the buff.

A similar case is the Infestor's Neural Parasite. Different version of patched NP are unlimited, don't require research, can't target air units, decreased range; lasts 10 seconds, don't require research, can target all units; unlimited, research needed, increased energy cost, can target all units. For the second half of the beta, Neural Parasite remained in that last form unchanged, until it was ninja-nerfed after the beta ended and it now is 10 second duration, research needed, increased energy cost, and can target all units. It doesn't help that it's health was decreased and it's classified as armored. Also it isn't hard to kill when you see a leash coming out of it's huge purple ass. But hey, at least it can target air units.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 04:12:00 PM by Admiral Skye »

« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2010, 07:33:22 PM »
1. Neural Parasite a Probe.
2. Build Nexus with said Probe.
3. Tech up to Mothership while abusing Chronoboost to spawn Larvae faster.
4. Build Mothership and use Mass Recall to teleport dozens of Banelings into the enemy base.
5. ?????????
6. Realize that this strategy will never work in a real game because no Zerg player is stupid enough to gimp their economy for half the game just so they can try something cool.  (Unless you are already winning and just want to rub it in.)
7. Don't profit.

« Reply #207 on: September 30, 2010, 02:01:23 AM »
Wait so why aren't we using the Infested Terran ability to make insta army?

« Reply #208 on: September 30, 2010, 03:34:30 AM »
Wait so why aren't we using the Infested Terran ability to make insta army?
Because you can literally just run away and let their duration run out.  Infested Terrans move around the same speed as a Queen off creep.

« Reply #209 on: September 30, 2010, 11:13:28 AM »
Most zerg players lay down creep tumors or just have some infestors unburrow and cast fungal growth then surround them with eggs.