Author Topic: I take your Wizardry and raise you an ETRIAN ODYSSEY (EO gen. discussion)  (Read 25570 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: I take your Wizardry and raise you an ETRIAN ODYSSEY (EO gen. discussion)
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2010, 12:09:42 AM »
May the record show that Hexers break EO2 badly and you can't be doing a challenge game and really have it be a challenge if you have a Hexer.  *Awesomeface*

Let's see you try to beat Salamox as soon as you see him without a Hexer, and everyone below Lv30.

Bet you can't.

:smug:

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2010, 01:30:56 AM »
Let's see you try to beat Salamox as soon as you see him without a Hexer, and everyone below Lv30.

Bet you can't.

:smug:
Dark Hunter binds and a shitload of luck.

:3

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2010, 03:39:10 AM »
EDIT: first post of this topic is the greatest summary of Etrian Odyssey ever.

Yes. Yes it is.

Also curse you and your artbook. >:

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2010, 04:04:22 AM »
Progress: 2 items remain, both dragon drops. I got the Wyrm's, so only Drake and Dragon are left. All gathering items and FOE drops are gotten. 33 gear remain, all of which I will know the unlock requirements from a useful GameFAQs thread.

WE'RE ALMOST DONE. Also I want to thank Dampen for making this all possible. I love you Elis baby. ;_;

EDIT: Dragon defeated. It's amazing how resting Ruro by five (to reallocate skills so she has raizuki instead of orochi) doesn't even decrease her strength any, since Masamune raises all her stats by 15. :P Only Drake remains, then it's only a matter of time... I see this being wrapped up by the end of Saturday, which is oddly enough one day less than a month since the day I started. :o
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:53:49 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2010, 06:46:09 AM »
Dark Hunter binds and a shitload of luck.

Guess what I've been doing.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »
Dragon downed on EOIII.  Go me derping on TP recovering duties to fuel my Arbalist/Gladiator's charged Front Mortars, leading to me having to revive people from Fangs spammage.

Checked out the newly unlocked sea quest as a result of beating Dragon, Drake, and Wyrm.

...Oh yeah this looks FUNDERFUL.  Super attack I have to block with head bind or the entire team gets nuclear bombed for a Game Over basically  :ohdear:.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

nintendonut888

« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2010, 04:46:49 PM »
Hmm hmm, and that's the end of it. Drake's conditional drop gotten, item compendium complete. All that's left now is to unlock the final 32 pieces of gear.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2010, 09:39:03 PM »
So, I, uh...kinda beat Ketos.  On my first try.  Kinda by accident.

I was running low on time so I said, what the hell, I'll give it a shot and see how badly I get owned.

And I won.

I had to turn it off immediately afterwards, but: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wasted a Formaldehyde because he put three people to sleep the turn I used it, but still!

Now for glorious SUBCLASSES.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2010, 07:56:00 AM »
Little did I know this morning that defeating Drake was hardly "the end of it." It's taken me nearly six hours of straight playing to reach where I am now. The remaining 32 items were...stubborn to say the least. Most of them were items that required me to grind enemies for 15 or even 20 of that item, and in the case of trihorns I spent a half hour just tracking down five to kill. As I grew closer and closer, my motivation only increased, and now...!

Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard 100% Completion!

I'd like to thank the following members for making this possible:

Donut the Survivalist: Even though my self-named character lost his importance come the post-game, I will never forget the solid back defense you gave. Your speed was always there to revive everyone when things looked grim.

Antonio the Landsknecht: Before the post-game, you were the tank of the group. You couldn't take hits great, but you took them well enough to survive what killed everyone else, and along with Donut you could revive everyone with your attack speed outrunning the enemy. Tornado was how I survived the brutal random encounters, and I thank you.

Sakura the Ronin: <3 <3 <3 You were the real star of the group even if Donut was the leader. Nobody could ever hit as hard as you, and though nobody got hit as hard as you, your stats eventually transcended even this weakness. Without you, the team wouldn't have had the raw power to take on any boss. Keep wandering~

Rebecca the Medic: What can I say? Your support is what kept me going. Death was a slap on the wrist as you effortlessly revived people and kept us going with your smile (that medic's smile, man). And Caduceus! You wouldn't think a healer could hit so hard, but you could really dole out the punishment. Thanks for always being there.

Matsuri the Gunner: Even if I forgot you in the first draft, you were no less useful. Before Kyo came along, you were the binder, and even after he arrived you remained useful as the only person in the team who could attack with any element. Many enemies would have been nearly impossible without your targetting of elemental weaknesses. Thanks. <3

Yukari the Gatherer: Oh mysterious survivalist, you could always gather what the team could not. Even though you mysteriously disappeared one night, the bounty you gathered kept funds up when times were tough (stupid capitalism...)

Sana the Protector: Heh. To think that whiny little protector would become the savior of the team. When all morale was lost after the dreaded Golem, Sana bravely stepped in and led the team to glory with his defense. Even more than defense, was Dragonbane was unlocked he could fight too! An indispensible member...after a time.

Kyo the Dark Hunter: A little creepy to be sure, but one can't argue with the results of that whip. The binds you blessed crippled otherwise insurmountable opponents. I thank you for your service, now please stop looking at me like that. :<

Elis the Hexer: Eerie, but dependable. Once it came time to search out those last items, you finally earned your keep in the group. Scavenging every enemy to maximize item output, dampening the defenses to make annihilation a reality, and weakening even the legendary Muckdile to being survivable, this 100% completion would not have come to be if it weren't for you.

And now, I take my leave of this thread...until Christmas, when I get Etrian Odyssey 3. :3
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 08:31:48 AM by nintendonut888 »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2010, 10:15:43 AM »
Congrats, Donut, though I'd imagine how you'd get to where you were without any insight from me... :P

As for my own adventure...

Salamox was defeated, Chizuru narrowly surviving death after being hit by the deadly Breath, and landed a mortal blow with Orochi, nailing the Flame Puff, and everyone rejoiced, as Agneyastra became available, and I had money to buy it at any time. So, I charged onwards to the third stratum with confidence, I am now busy getting lost in the 13F, but I assume I'll resume my grindfest at the 4th stratum, which should come soon.

Artelinde and Wilhelm will be a fun fight, I suspect.

nintendonut888

« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2010, 04:26:06 PM »
Just finished the bonus credits because I felt like saving them for this morning. EVEN IN YOUR BONUS CREDITS, MUCKDILE! DX

Oh, and even after 100% completion the game hasn't given me the BGM player. lulz.

EDIT: Oh wait, I remember Trance saying you have to load your cleared data. And I just noticed for the first time ever that you can access the options from in-game. Welp.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:29:04 PM by nintendonut888 »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2010, 02:11:06 PM »
Scylla was defeated, and I got the conditional drop.

On the first try.

Icy bitch needs to know her place.

Now, I'm at the 4th stratum.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2010, 02:45:31 PM »
Fuck Narmer.

Even realising that
Spoiler:
I can go use a Tent between halves of the battle
, he's a pain in the ass.  I do attribute this mostly to the fact that I'm already thinking in the long-term, as opposed to the short-term, and so some of my skill allotment decisions are... less than adequate for now (I could be summoning a high-level insect to poison him, instead of being busy pumping those points towards getting a Tiger).

Oh, and the fact that relying on the Prince's passive healing and healing items doesn't exactly cut it when multiple characters are getting hit each turn, including the prince himself.