Author Topic: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 4 : A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 233394 times)

The ⑨th Zentillion

• The impeaches were delicious...
  • Now hungry for conviction!
    • Zentillion's Tumblr
Re: Jojo's Bizarre Grail War Part 4 : A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #750 on: September 11, 2019, 03:19:48 AM »
> Well, we've learned whose voice is whose here. Enlightening, but inconsequential considering the circumstances.
> Try to figure out who the third person is while considering our options here.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Smash the Fash; The far right belongs in the TRASH.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #751 on: September 12, 2019, 03:49:10 AM »
> Well, we've learned whose voice is whose here. Enlightening, but inconsequential considering the circumstances.
> Try to figure out who the third person is while considering our options here.

>The dowser waves their rod toward you. "Maybe?" they say, frowning.
>The third, at a glance as he rounds the corner, is a shortish, plumpish man in suspenders.

>_

« Reply #752 on: October 27, 2019, 09:52:34 PM »
>Put our arms up to make it seem that we are surrendering.
>"I don't mean you harm."
>Look around the area for an exit.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #753 on: October 28, 2019, 04:58:43 AM »
>Put our arms up to make it seem that we are surrendering.
>"I don't mean you harm."
>Look around the area for an exit.

>You could turn toward the street, or toward the yard behind you. And then possibly slip between the houses. But given they are right there...
>"Who the hell are you!?"  cries suspenders.

>_

« Reply #754 on: November 12, 2019, 03:37:35 AM »
>"I get a feeling answering your question would end poorly for me."
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #755 on: November 13, 2019, 04:34:24 AM »
>"I get a feeling answering your question would end poorly for me."

>"Then you better do it!" suspenders says.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #756 on: December 29, 2019, 10:51:19 AM »
>Gotta come up with a good-sounding lie that would fit the situation, and quick! Something that would excuse this snooping around. Hmm, maybe...!
>"I'm... a bounty hunter. I got some info that the guy I'm after was in the area and, well. Ran into you guys instead, was just trying to assess if he was with you guys or not, and it looks like 'not'."
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #757 on: December 30, 2019, 06:03:38 AM »
>Gotta come up with a good-sounding lie that would fit the situation, and quick! Something that would excuse this snooping around. Hmm, maybe...!
>"I'm... a bounty hunter. I got some info that the guy I'm after was in the area and, well. Ran into you guys instead, was just trying to assess if he was with you guys or not, and it looks like 'not'."

>"Oh, that is the biggest crock of-" Suspenders begins. Then Dowser raises a hand to stop him.
>"No, wait," they say. "This'll be great." They reach into their coat and pull out a phone, tucking their rod under their arm. "Okay, go on," they say to you, as they type in something. "Who's your bountyhead?"

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #758 on: December 30, 2019, 06:54:10 AM »
>Shit. It was worth a shot.
>"Sigh. Fine, you got me, friend. I'm a Magus. Just like at least one or two of you. But it's true that I'm looking for someone that has something i'm looking for. Thomas Blood, a Midnighter."
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 06:58:42 AM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #759 on: January 01, 2020, 11:13:34 PM »
>Shit. It was worth a shot.
>"Sigh. Fine, you got me, friend. I'm a Magus. Just like at least one or two of you. But it's true that I'm looking for someone that has something i'm looking for. Thomas Blood, a Midnighter."

>You are met with blank looks. You don't think it's that they disbelieve you. But rather than they don't believe you just said all of that.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #760 on: January 02, 2020, 02:16:23 AM »
>"...What? Is there something in my teeth?"
>Put hand to mouth to check... but also try to stealthily procure some casting material.
>As they're dumbfounded and possibly distracted, maybe we could make the ground go out from under them and make a break for it while they're dealing with it.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #761 on: January 06, 2020, 04:55:33 AM »
>"...What? Is there something in my teeth?"
>Put hand to mouth to check... but also try to stealthily procure some casting material.
>As they're dumbfounded and possibly distracted, maybe we could make the ground go out from under them and make a break for it while they're dealing with it.

>You do not really have a spell to do that instantly.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #762 on: January 06, 2020, 07:56:28 PM »
>...Darn.
>"Hmm, nope, don't feel anything. I must look like a real amateur for just blurting that all out or something then, huh..."
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #763 on: January 09, 2020, 06:59:17 AM »
>...Darn.
>"Hmm, nope, don't feel anything. I must look like a real amateur for just blurting that all out or something then, huh..."

>"Get her," says the woman. "Della's going to have questions."
>"Got it," says Suspenders, starting to advance.
>You hear Georgia running off behind you.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #764 on: January 09, 2020, 10:55:34 AM »
>"...Did you just say, 'Della'?"
>Review information on individual: DELLA
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #765 on: January 11, 2020, 07:38:55 AM »
>"...Did you just say, 'Della'?"
>Review information on individual: DELLA

>They do not response, as suspenders is starting to approach you rather quickly, and it seems like the tall woman is up to something.
>You do recall this name being mentioned as someone that Neil Armstrong dealt with when alive, who may or may not have some connection to the occult underground. Michael Collins seemed to think she did.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #766 on: January 11, 2020, 06:40:17 PM »
>Occult underground? So it's probably not a good thing if these guys capture us...
>"It seems negotiating with you folks is a lost cause. I don't really have the time or energy to deal with you guys, so..."
>Turn streetward and try to get the fuck out of there.
>"...Later!"
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #767 on: January 12, 2020, 08:05:21 PM »
>Occult underground? So it's probably not a good thing if these guys capture us...
>"It seems negotiating with you folks is a lost cause. I don't really have the time or energy to deal with you guys, so..."
>Turn streetward and try to get the fuck out of there.
>"...Later!"

>"You aren't going nowhere!" suspenders shouts, his heavy footsteps right on your heels. You don't see Georgia, she must have gone around the house?
>"Get them both!" the tall woman shouts.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #768 on: January 14, 2020, 01:01:06 AM »
>"Kiss my fat ass!"
- Casting materials in inventory?
- What are we capable of without command seals and fleeing?
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #769 on: January 15, 2020, 06:31:57 AM »
>"Kiss my fat ass!"
- Casting materials in inventory?
- What are we capable of without command seals and fleeing?

>You have a fair amount of materials onhand.
>Your Spells are:
>Wall: Based in Kabbalic Imagery, you inscribe particular Hebrew letters on a stone, and toss it in front of you. It will gather surrounding earth into a wall that lasts for a few seconds. Even if it is composed of nothing but loose dirt, this wall can absorb powerful impacts with ease. With stronger rock and such, you would trust it to absorb gunfire. If you could find a way to extend the duration, you could probably create several of these. This spell comes easily to you, and does not greatly tax your mana.
>Freeze: By tossing a talisman inscribed with particular spiritual edicts into a body of water, you can freeze it. A bathtub's worth of water will freeze solid, while larger bodies of water will freeze over top to varying thicknesses. They will then melt naturally. You don't know the exact parameters, but you can freeze a pond well enough to walk on it safely. If you use it on a body of water that is too large, it simply creates a thin sheet that floats away and melts quickly. This is not terribly difficult, but it does draw strongly on your reserves of mana.
>Elemental Conjuration: You can summon quantities of earth and water; a few gallons of each at once. This tends to drain your mana heavily, as you are not actually making it out of nothing, but rather drawing minute amounts of various places over a radius. This implies that if you are too far from the earth or from water, it would not work. The conjured stuff appears in front of you, you can direct where within a couple feet. You struggle with these spells, more than you feel you should. Being near a body of water only makes it slightly easier to summon water.
>Halt: A single-target Germanic curse, this causes the target's feet to stick to the earth, with respect to their momentum. A person at rest will be unable to take a step, while a person running will stumble and perhaps fall. Their feet must be touching the ground for it to work, and the victim must be within sight. Magi can try to resist this, but it may interfere with their concentration otherwise. It can last up to 20 seconds. This spell comes easily to you, but requires some concentration to use, and does not draw too much mana.
>Blind: A variant of the Gandr curse; this in particular attacks the liquids inside the target's eyes, distorting or shutting down their eyesight. It's hard to measure how reliable it will be, but it tends to last a good half minute. Like with Halt, a skilled magi may try to resist this attack, and the target must be within line of sight.  This spell is not the easiest, but you are good at it. It can be taxing on your mana, though. A sufficiently powerful magician can create physical effects with this much like Gandr, but you can't seem to get the hang of it.
>Crash: A spell of your own design, merging sacred numerology with what little air magecraft you can control. By touching a computer and focusing for a few moments, you can cause it to experience a crash. It does not work on analogue objects. Some sufficiently advanced systems have shown an ability to resist and simply slow down briefly, you aren't sure what the criteria of that are, but you think it is probably either part quality or program quality. Maybe both. This consumes a lot of mana, and requires a lot of focus.
>Staunch: A spell of Persian origin, this allows you to seal open wounds. It does not stop the pain or heal them, but the blood will stop flowing out. You've never tested it on serious wounds, but you imagine it should be possible with the proper mana commitment.
>Forbidden Zone: You are not sure of this spell's origins, but it shapes earth to be less smooth and more hostile. This can manifest spikes of rock from the dirt, open difficult to traverse holes, or more. The more time you spend with the spell, the greater the effect. It can cover a small patch of ground, but more time results in a larger range. However, nothing compels anyone to fall prey to introduced hazards, and they can be dodged normally. This spell feels easier than it should be for you.

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #770 on: January 15, 2020, 08:07:48 PM »
- Most of these spells aren't exactly right for this situation other than Wall, Halt, and Forbidden Zone.
- Forbidden Zone or Wall might prove too easily dodgeable via this escape route; if we'd gone between the houses there'd be less room for him to do so. Also, Wall seems to be more a protective spell.
- Thusly, my conclusion:
>Let's try Halt-ing this guy; even if he's a Magus, it would probably still get us a little distance.
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #771 on: January 17, 2020, 05:42:54 AM »
- Most of these spells aren't exactly right for this situation other than Wall, Halt, and Forbidden Zone.
- Forbidden Zone or Wall might prove too easily dodgeable via this escape route; if we'd gone between the houses there'd be less room for him to do so. Also, Wall seems to be more a protective spell.
- Thusly, my conclusion:
>Let's try Halt-ing this guy; even if he's a Magus, it would probably still get us a little distance.

>Suspenders is currently chasing you. How do you intend to cast this, as the method is very important given the immediacy of the situation?

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #772 on: January 19, 2020, 08:52:29 AM »
- If he catches up to us, could we theoretically cast it on him when he touches us?
- Letting him catch up on purpose might be better for our stamina, but it's probably risky. But trying to outrun him is just as risky...

EDIT:
>Keep running, and prepare to cast it directly on him if he catches us! If he grabs us, grab him and cast Halt.
>In that meantime, let's change the course of our escape route a little bit more towards the direction we think Georgia went.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 07:54:38 AM by The ⑨th Zentillion »
Did you bring a light?
...No...

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #773 on: February 04, 2020, 04:37:08 AM »
- If he catches up to us, could we theoretically cast it on him when he touches us?
- Letting him catch up on purpose might be better for our stamina, but it's probably risky. But trying to outrun him is just as risky...

EDIT:
>Keep running, and prepare to cast it directly on him if he catches us! If he grabs us, grab him and cast Halt.
>In that meantime, let's change the course of our escape route a little bit more towards the direction we think Georgia went.

>You run, trying to curve around, and quickly feel a hand clamp on your shoulder! You try to cast the spell, but cannot see him!

>_

The ⑨th Zentillion

• Zentillion's Tumblr
« Reply #774 on: February 06, 2020, 03:03:47 PM »
>Slam our elbow into him and attempt to turn around to have the visual confirmation to cast, then!
- Hopefully it's Suspenders and not Georgia.
Did you bring a light?
...No...