Author Topic: How did you find out about Touhou?  (Read 34119 times)

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
Re: How did you find out about Touhou?
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2010, 11:21:48 AM »
I'm ashamed to say it, but I found it though...
ran ran ruu. yes :S

« Reply #121 on: April 12, 2010, 04:20:42 AM »
I found out about it from a maplestory fan redo of overdrive that was mixed into an MMV I dont even know if the video is still up, but that was maybe 1 year ago, then it came back to my attention from a friend of mine who forced me to play EoSD, I've been hooked ever since to all the touhou games.
Drive a Carbonated Fish!

ark

• みょん
« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2010, 09:08:59 AM »
Somehow I came across the usual Mushihimesama video, and then in the Related Videos thingy there was Dracil's IN Extra video. Then found SP's IN Extra video. And then I decided I must try this game. I was relatively new to shmups in general at the time, and I absolutely loved Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun (not that I was any good at them), but I was looking for something else to play.

And look at me now. :V

« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2010, 10:53:17 AM »

Ran Ran Ruu was actually part of how I discovered Touhou. The others were Kero 9 Destiny MADs, pictures on Gelbooru/Danbooru, and reccomendations from a friend. Combine all those discoveries happening within a few days of each other with my ability to search the internet and you end up with my Touhou addiction.
There are no buses in Gensokyo!

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2010, 12:49:06 PM »
Someone posted the Kumikyoku Automatic Mario video. I became interested in the actual songs in it, and sort of ignored the Touhou for a couple weeks. Then later someone posted Cirno's Perfect Math Class which pushed me into looking into Touhou. Yeah. Although my first contact with anything Touhou at all was ages ago when I saw that flash with Marisa playing the broomguitar, and I thought "wtf is this" and closed the window. What a shame.

CarefreeCat

• Frog Devourer
    • My youtube account
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2010, 12:31:03 AM »
I'm ashamed to say it, but I found it through...

Don't know why everybody hates it so much. I thought it was pretty good. Or am I just some kinda screwed-up freak?
Anyway, I found out about it from the McRoll also.

*too busy chewing on frog legs to make a siggy*

HolmCross

• Sad Robot
  • Is not a gun
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2010, 04:25:34 AM »

I feel your shame, I found touhou through "Megatokyo."

*sevencats run from the usual barrage of abuse*

I swear I don't read it any more!

*ahem*
Dom posted a link to the PofV demo, I think he was saying something about game titles and throwing darts at dictionaries. After giving that and the PCB demo a try, I realised where many of the characters in fanarts I had downloaded came from. A bit of research later led to me buying the games of paletweb, which followed on to a minor adventure getting the games into the country. Had to explain to customs several times what the games were.

I found the fansites soon after and a treasure trove of doujin goodness. I really never thought I could be a fanboy for anything.
My mouth is not so much a communications tool as an exhaust port for my brain.

Twitter | Steam | Seek your own Wonderland

Pai!

• Unintentionally Amusing
  • A Dissonant Serenity Assasin
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2010, 10:10:31 AM »
A friend of mine never stopped talking about it for the longest time, constantly linking me to remixes of themes, so I eventually gave in and got IN.

« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2010, 02:57:00 PM »
I was online playing Runescape (shut up, it was fun at the time) And the radio played a song called "Becky LOL" from Melody and Mezzo. I looked that up on youtube and found a link for something called "You Should Drink cucumber Flavored Beer" I was like what the hell and clicked it and I was like "Wow thsi is awesome." Then I went on to such things as You should make us your B-R-I-D-E-S and the Feast Lasts Forever! as well as Cirno's Perfect Math Class. Then when I listened to Marisa Stole the Precious Thing I was like "Dude I gotta get this game" (that was how I spoke back then, this was two years ago)  And then it wasn't until a year ago when I heard "The Maid and the Pocket Watch of Blood" EoSD is still my favorite game. Sakuya is still and will always be my #1 Fav.

haha wall of text

EDIT: Fixed ban qualified content sorry
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:48:55 PM by DemonbMusician »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2010, 03:40:53 PM »
Seriously, I really need this warning on every god damned page?

As piracy is grounds for banification 'round these here parts, DO NOT TALK ABOUT DOWNLOADING OR HAVING DOWNLOADED THE GAMES.

Thank you.

Edit: Sticky ammended.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 03:53:52 PM by Tengu★kami »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Moomaria

« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2010, 03:53:24 PM »
Megamari.

« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2011, 10:22:13 PM »
Because I liked (and still like) Eternal Fighter Zero, I searched for other games made by Twilight Frontier and SWR catched my interest.
After playing it a bit, I searched for other Touhou games and, after watching them on youtube, I thought that they were impossible for me (never played shmups) but I gave them a try. Now Nue's defeat is only a matter of time.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #132 on: March 03, 2011, 12:01:06 AM »
I remember not bumping a thread inactive for almost a year :derp:
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2011, 12:03:17 AM »
Please do not bump old threads. See our rules for more information. Locked.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."