Author Topic: Livestream Gameplay  (Read 3269 times)

IBakaChan

Livestream Gameplay
« on: June 06, 2010, 01:00:44 PM »
I'm gonna livestream.
Now.

What I'm gonna do?
Play Touhou.

Yes, I am going to play through most of the touhou official games, most will be blind and on Normal mode since I'm not so skilled :V

If anyone is intrested in watching, click here
NOTE: I will take a break for about 15-30 minutes to find the next game, and fix everything.
Order:
SA - Blind, Normal Killed on Stage 2. Moving on to the next...
MoF - Semi-blind, Normal
EoSD - Normal
IN - Normal, may attempt Hard.
PCB - Normal
UFO - Blind, Normal
May attempt PoFV.

I am sorry to say that I am suffering from some technical problems(This being the first time I actually use Livestream) and this will have to wait.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 01:32:30 PM by IBakaChan »

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
Re: Livestream Gameplay
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 01:16:11 PM »
If I were you, I'd recommend stopping by:

http://www.livestream.com/devvins/old or http://www.livestream.com/TouhouGaming

These are the streams I frequent at time and they've both played games and gone through issues. I'm sure they can help you.

IBakaChan

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 01:45:22 PM »
Starting Mountain of Faith now.

Quality problems and such are now solved(I hope).

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 04:26:13 PM »
Interesting that this is actually possible!  I tried to record a replay once (not live, just using fraps) and the framerate drop ruined it.  Maybe I just need a better computer!

IBakaChan

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 06:37:22 PM »
Interesting that this is actually possible!  I tried to record a replay once (not live, just using fraps) and the framerate drop ruined it.  Maybe I just need a better computer!

I was surprised too. If you ever use Livestream Procaster though, make sure you set the camera to Game, not Screen. It rescues you from the god awful lag.

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 08:43:02 PM »
I was surprised too. If you ever use Livestream Procaster though, make sure you set the camera to Game, not Screen. It rescues you from the god awful lag.
Funny, because that did the opposite for me.  :ohdear:

IBakaChan

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 03:42:24 PM »
Funny, because that did the opposite for me.  :ohdear:

*Cough*
It did the same for me today :V

raak

• Add something nice about me here.
  • Catchphrase(word): Anyways...
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 04:36:08 PM »
To be truthful, I haven't bothered trying to streaming in Game, since it is widely accepted by everybody that has commented on it that Screen is less problematic than Game

But out of curiosity: IBakaChan, what exactly was your problem and how did you solved it? Maybe you had the same problem as me and your method of solving it is better than mine

Go Pikachu

IBakaChan

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 04:48:10 PM »
To be truthful, I haven't bothered trying to streaming in Game, since it is widely accepted by everybody that has commented on it that Screen is less problematic than Game

But out of curiosity: IBakaChan, what exactly was your problem and how did you solved it? Maybe you had the same problem as me and your method of solving it is better than mine

My problem was that it was making the game... Rather, it made my whole computer lag. I put down the quality to a lower level, and the target frame rate(I think I hade it at about 15).
It actually went pretty smooth when I tried using game for the first time.

Anyways, I'm still having the same problem... Have any good advice?

raak

• Add something nice about me here.
  • Catchphrase(word): Anyways...
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 05:14:10 PM »
Makes the game lag? Chances are your PC has a hard time recording and processing the data. Knowing the specs of your PC, particularly RAM, Processor, Graphic Card, would give me a better view at your computer.

I  have the next setup, maybe this can help set yours:

Video:
Encoder: H.264 (However, this is like this because my actual ISP, or more like my contract with them, cannot handle the other encoder. My bandwidth isn't high enough for VP6)
Outbut: 512 x 384
Aspect ratio: 4:3 (lock ratio)
Target Frame rate: 25 fps
Target Bitrate: 350
Keyframe intervals: 3
Deinterlacing: No

Audio:
I use both a microphone (at full volume) and speakers (A little below half)
Target Bitrate: 48
Sampling rate: 22050
Channels: Mono
Audio Encoder: MP3
Meter Standard: Digital.

I always use Screen to record and I always changes my screen resolution to 1024 x 768 (both for practical and performances reasons)

Needless to say, the more things and visual effects you have running, the more punishment your graphic card receives. I don't exactly know how this applies to Procaster since that program not only records but also uploads and broadcast the video. But it mustn't be that different from Fraps

For Fraps, whenever I know I will be playing a very heavy game that I know Fraps has problems with it, I try to close any program I'm not using and, since I'm using Windows 7, switch the visual theme to Classic, since that turns off all the fancy Areo features that only serve as eye candies.

Hope this helps

Go Pikachu