Author Topic: Picking a familiar/sidekick  (Read 6231 times)

Power

• The power is within you. :D
Picking a familiar/sidekick
« on: April 21, 2012, 05:03:56 PM »
Let's just say your in a situation in gensoukyou.  For whatever reason you have to pick anybody in gensoukyou to be your familiar so you can get out of your problem.  Who would you pick?  For me it would be Yuuka because I know her as a powerful yokai and she would help get out of it because of how powerful she is.  Plus if she's my familiar it would be easier to ask her questions on things once my problem is solved seeing as she is a very mysterious yokai. 

So who would you pick to be your familiar if you were in gensoukyou to solve your problem?

zeruna

• It's zeruna!
  • Not Zeruna!
Re: Picking a familiar/sidekick
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 07:54:01 PM »
Rinnosuke :V

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:12:00 PM »
I hear Tewi has  pretty good PR.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 11:12:35 PM »
Hmm, I could go with Patchy for her knowledge (Pun unintended) of many things. Or Sakuya for her time stop (though that might affect me as well), Sunny Milk for her invisibility (makes you go to places where you need to stay hidden... which might come off as places where privacy is required  :blush:)

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 11:18:55 PM »
Nyah, I think I'd want to pick one of the Prismrivers, perhaps Lunasa? Yeah. c:

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 12:25:55 AM »
Picking Yukari as my sidekick since it would be more interesting to cause problems rather than solve them with her lol

Actually, her ability seems quite useful (gets gapped around the world)
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

Irate Researchers

• The Collector of Useless Facts
  • Consider the following...
    • Devart
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 12:49:10 AM »
Parsee.

Because Parsee.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 01:12:29 AM »
If you were a real touhou fan you would pick Mima. Right?
I would pick Murasa because well she has a flying boat that is carrying a bunch of youkai so you get more than one person to help you out. :P

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 02:05:35 AM »
But what if I want to be the familiar? Like if I were Aya's pet, and first thing in the morning she'd be like, "Yo, run down to the deli and get me an Everything bagel with cream cheese and chives. Oh and a double soya latt?," and I went and got that for her, you know she'd totally have my back if anyone tried to mess with me.

Oh wait! I forgot, spellcard rules. I'm good.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

iK

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 02:11:09 AM »
Bird Sign "Little Errand Bitch"

Tengukami

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 02:20:44 AM »
Bird Sign "Little Errand Bitch"

While I think that's a great spellcard name, what I meant more was since there's spellcard rules in place in Gensokyo, I likely don't have so much to worry about that I would need a familiar or have to be someone's gopher.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

pineyappled

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 02:26:34 AM »
Hey, if Aya was your familiar, she'd be back with your bagel in thirty seconds.
Not a bad idea, actually.

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 02:52:33 AM »
The worst situation I can imagine is being stranded in a desert with no food to eat.

That's why I would have Mystia by my side.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 07:58:00 PM »
Marisa.
Because for most problems, we can use dumb wit and jokey remarks.
For everything else, there's Master Spark.

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 08:28:39 PM »
I'd go with Erin because of her first aid skills.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 08:56:30 PM »
I'd either go with Satori because mind-reading is often incredibly useful...

Or Orin. Because Orin.  :V

Baiken

• Eternal Beauty
  • How would one else spend an eternity?
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 09:41:20 PM »
Kaguya.

Because of being a NEET.

Ability to manipulate time might be useful as well.
"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."

Suwakos Hat

• That thing on Suwako's head
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 10:18:12 PM »
Koishi's hat helps me relax

Koishi would be a fun person to be around. I think she would make a good familiar too, because of her awesome subconscious-manipulating skills and stuff

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 01:18:36 AM »
YuugenMagaan.

Nothing a bunch of giant eyeballs can't fix.

If I were in Gensokyo the problem would probably be A: No ISP, no to that, B: No computers anywhere, hell no to that or C: Newegg.com cannot deliver my new computer parts to me. Hell to the bloody no.

Now giant eyeballs are no computer experts but... I have giant eyeballs working with me, screw the rest, it will be solved.

Project: J-ko

• I'm not saying it was Jiang Shi...
  • ...but it was Jiang Shi.
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 07:45:44 AM »
Yoshika is a zombie that does not feel pain and can eat anything.  She is my instant problem solver.

I seriously cannot think of a single situation that wouldn't be solved by either eating the problem, or the people causing the problem.   I mean, most issues could probably be solved through the mere threat of it alone.  The most Yoshika may ever actually need to do is, like eat half of a small car or something, just as an example of what could happen to said problem if it persists.
I guess hopping ghosts are kind of like monsters...

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2012, 09:36:13 AM »
I seriously cannot think of a single situation that wouldn't be solved by either eating the problem, or the people causing the problem.

Not enough cupcakes? Eat the negating qualifier part of the concept, thus causing "enough cupcakes"! Yoshika is the new fatehax.

iK

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 05:12:06 AM »
Anything includes everything, as a matter of fact. Keine's history apatite pales in comparison.

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2012, 02:56:38 PM »
Wow. It's be a tough choice for me.. I'd have to pick between Soga no Tojiko and Mononobe no Futo. Or Elly. Or Minoriko. Or M- /shot

Anyways, I guess I'd choose Tojiko. In ZUN's newest book, he said that she's super powerful, so that'd help. It'd be hard recruiting her, though, since he also mantioned that her human friendship level is super low.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2012, 04:28:49 AM »
Kanako.

Because what level of awesome would you have to be to have a freaking GOD as a familiar? Hint: Yukari has a Kyuubi/Kitsune, and Gods > Kyuubi/Kitsune

I'm not sure to count Ran as a Kitsune or a Kyuubi ~_~

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2012, 10:59:10 AM »
Kanako.

Because what level of awesome would you have to be to have a freaking GOD as a familiar? Hint: Yukari has a Kyuubi/Kitsune, and Gods > Kyuubi/Kitsune

I'm not sure to count Ran as a Kitsune or a Kyuubi ~_~

Cause touhou stays super strict to tradition amirite? Touhou gods don't seem to be super powerful in comparison to youkai, and Ran is the highest out of all beast-types even without shikigami powah.
mumble grumble whippersnappers got no respect for the Ranster, grumble mumble...

I'd probably go with Yuyuko for the laffs.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2012, 07:41:35 PM »
Cause touhou stays super strict to tradition amirite? Touhou gods don't seem to be super powerful in comparison to youkai, and Ran is the highest out of all beast-types even without shikigami powah.
mumble grumble whippersnappers got no respect for the Ranster, grumble mumble...

I'd probably go with Yuyuko for the laffs.

Hey hey, no disrespect to Ran.

But it's canon even in the Touhou world that Gods can be very, very powerful if they have a good domain [Unlike, say, the Akis who have lame domains]. Kanako is the goddess of the Sky. In fact, considering Kanako basically FORCED her way into Gensokyo, through Yukari's barriers and the Hakurei Barrier, it's even plausable to say Kanako is higher than Yukari in terms of power. [Depends how much help Suwako/Sanae contributed, but Suwako simply didn't care about the move.]

Besides, when did I ever say Ran is weak?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tengukami

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2012, 08:10:30 PM »
Let's please not get into powerlevels.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2012, 08:15:31 PM »
Iku. Because it's always good to be prepared to go FEVER anytime.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile