Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements  (Read 167340 times)

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements
« Reply #330 on: April 09, 2017, 01:00:46 PM »
Might pale in comparison to the other fancy LNBs and stuff here but I pulled off something I never thought I'd be able to do...

VoWG (lunatic) 90fps capture

Yay.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #331 on: April 10, 2017, 04:24:34 PM »
tfw this is rather unimpressive compared to all other achievements here but...

First IN lunatic 1cc! Used Border Team. Replay here.

« Reply #332 on: April 10, 2017, 04:46:30 PM »
That is not unimpressive at all. Good job!

Also 1 lone bomb left. Exactly like my first Lunatic 1cc xD

« Reply #333 on: April 10, 2017, 04:50:13 PM »
Yeah, if you look, there are more of us than you might think who are posting about our first Hard clear, or first Extra clear, or first Normal clear. I've done all those, but Lunatic still seems a very long way off.

Anyway, I just got my second IN Hard 1cc, this time the Kaguya route :) Stage 5 was terrible, I kept losing lives in the stage portion and not even deathbombing because I wasn't expecting to die there, but I'd improved the early game enough that I had enough resources to carry me through.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 07:59:53 PM by Mikuru »

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #334 on: April 11, 2017, 11:46:12 AM »

Subterranean Animism Extra NMNB (perfect) with MarisaB, also 937 million alongside that, tried somewhat of a minor graze route and that made this take longer than I had initially thought too.

Oh well, I'm on a roll. Lets see if I can keep that up.

Video of SA Extra NMNB scoring 937 Million with MarisaB
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #335 on: April 11, 2017, 09:00:44 PM »
Nice collection of perfects lately. How many Extras do you have left?

Where's the 1.6b high score from? A harder patched version that gives much more graze?

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #336 on: April 11, 2017, 09:19:30 PM »
Nice collection of perfects lately. How many Extras do you have left?

Where's the 1.6b high score from? A harder patched version that gives much more graze?

Thank you, I kind of decided recently to give them a shot again (after quite a few 1MNBs in the past making me feel like not trying as much anymore.) and as of now I still need PCB (Extra and Phantasm), IN, PoFV (well I guess a no miss suffices?), GFW and LoLK. A moment ago I actually got an UFO Extra NMNBNV run so it's really going well, but I'm kind of interested in seeing if I can do another with an ufo route too.

the 1.6b highscore is from when I was messing around with SpoilerAL and did an invincibility run, it was just a run I did for silliness and I don't think I still have a replay of this particular run. (I only noticed later I forgot to respond to this.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:22:55 PM by Zigzagwolf »

« Reply #337 on: April 12, 2017, 01:17:35 AM »
I guess you're not the only one on a roll of achievements lately. PCB SakuyaB HNB get! (Not NBB, although I've already gotten a SakuyaB HNBB before).

Reeeeeplay.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #338 on: April 13, 2017, 11:55:00 PM »
Congratulations with your HNB the301_TH

as my response to Karisa has mentioned I also managed to get an UFO Extra NMNBNV (No Miss No Bombs No Ventora) also known as a perfect run of the extra stage, I did this with ReimuA

UFO Extra No Miss No Bombs No Ventora (Perfect) with ReimuA

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #339 on: April 14, 2017, 03:42:44 AM »
DDC Extra Stage perfect run!

Don't forget the roll I'm on. :V Anyway, holy crap this one felt good to finally get. I had been having trouble lately with Taiko Rocket of all things, and this run was the first in a while that got past it NMNB. I just love that rush when you get past your previous best and have that chance to secure something big.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #340 on: April 17, 2017, 01:02:14 PM »
I really, really, really like VoWG :3

VoWG timeout - this should never have happened edition

Grrr.
---
YouTube

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #341 on: April 21, 2017, 01:12:14 AM »
Extra No Miss No Bombs No Border Breaks! With ReimuB; I scored 902,495,760 too, which seems like a neat first perfect of this extra to me. I got somewhat close to getting the final extend but sadly enough I didn't get it, oh well. As the link below implies I do have the run up on Youtube already

Perfect Cherry Blossom Extra NMNBNBB "Perfect" Clear with ReimuB

« Reply #342 on: April 23, 2017, 05:14:21 AM »

Got an SA Lunatic No Focus 1cc. Fun stuff, at first I was kind of worried going about doing this mostly due to Sub Sun, that card looks nasty to do no focus, and I remember Nindel's clear all those years back being pretty close, but it's actually not that terrible, you can still bottomdrag pretty comfortably since the red balls are predictable, and they're less dangerous as the spell goes.

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #343 on: April 24, 2017, 06:14:19 PM »
DDC Stage 4B Lunatic perfect run!

Holy crap holy crap I did it! I always suspected this would be the last stage I'd get, but it's just starting to sink in that I finally did it. That makes it seven Touhou games where I've perfected every stage on Lunatic.

EDIT: DDC Lunatic 1-life clear with ReimuB!

Woooo yeah! Decided to focus some more on this lately, and got it surprisingly quickly. I know, I know, DDC mechanics, but it's ReimuB too. I think the biggest takeaway for me is the resource management side of things, something I still feel like I can improve in, and this run was a good step in that direction.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:11:56 AM by ふねん1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #344 on: April 26, 2017, 03:42:48 AM »
I got MoF lunatic.

Didn't take me terribly long to get, fortunately.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

Das

• w e w
« Reply #345 on: April 26, 2017, 03:56:02 AM »
Been a while since I posted here.

Since the last post I've done quite the number of things which include

- All Maingame Lunatic 1cc's (+Fairies)
- Perfect Extra stages of EoSD, PCB (+Phantasm) & UFO
- Perfect PCB Extra with no-focus
- Dabbled in LoLK Normal Scoring (1.69 billion, Reisen)
- Lunatic No-Bomb 1cc's in PCB with all shots
- Lunatic No-Bomb 1cc's in EoSD with all shots
- Lunatic No-Bomb 1cc's in GFW on all routes
- Lunatic No-Bomb 1cc's as Border Team & Ghost Team on IN
- Lunatic No-Bomb 1cc in MoF

Things I'm mostly working on right now is inching towards my goal of 60 lunatic nobomb 1cc's, which I'm at 20 right now.
so next ones are MoF ReimuA, MarisaC & MarisaB

« Reply #346 on: April 27, 2017, 11:56:02 PM »
At last, PCB Extra clear! PCB was the second Touhou game I played (after MoF), so I first tried this Extra shortly after unlocking it in May '15. I found it extremely frustrating at the time -- I knew it was nearly all memo, but that meant endless resetting to reach the next bit I hadn't learned yet and have another attempt at learning that... I'm pretty sure I never even made it to Ran. Then, as I got more of the Touhou games, PCB kind of dropped off my radar; I returned to it occasionally but only to the main game.

Then a few days ago I went back to PCB Extra as a serious goal, and quickly found that it was well within my ability level, so I just kept playing it until I learned the patterns and gradually got closer to clearing it. One run in particular stands out -- earlier tonight, I got my first capture of 12 General Gods, first capture of Charming Siege, and nearly capped Unilateral Contract, all in the same run. If only that could have been the successful run.... but I gave it another go and got the clear. I had a spare bomb going into Izuna Gongen, so I felt pretty sure I could make it if I kept my nerve, and I did -- even capped the final so I could have a 1/1 history, which is always a nice touch :)

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=43018
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 01:21:06 AM by Mikuru »

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #347 on: April 29, 2017, 04:52:49 PM »
I beat Overdrive mode this time! It was pretty hard, but I got it. I had no lives entering the final stage lol

« Reply #348 on: May 02, 2017, 08:36:17 AM »

DDC extra no bomb clear! OwO

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #349 on: May 04, 2017, 05:07:03 AM »
Riverbed Soul Saver hard no-bomb no-hyper clear! 4 deaths. Also is my very first hard no-bomb and likely lunatic if I decided to do so as well.
Pretty proud of this tbh, it was nearly HNN, all of my deaths were very stupid and preventable.

[attachimg=1]

Update: Replay now available.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 11:02:39 AM by Satori Komeijist »

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #350 on: May 04, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »
Extra Perfect (NMNB) with ReimuC this time, pretty neat run.

Video/Replay

« Reply #351 on: May 07, 2017, 03:48:04 PM »
Today marks the completion of my first year playing Touhou, so I thought I'd say what I've accomplished so far. I don't think any of them really match some of the other accomplishments other users have posted in terms of difficulty and such, but here they are.

Started playing - May 7, 2016.
PCB Normal 1cc ReimuA (with .2x Player Penalty) - June 21, 2016 .
EoSD Normal 1cc ReimuA (with .2x Player Penalty) - June 21, 2016.
PCB Normal 1cc ReimuA (no Player Penalty) - August 21, 2016.
PCB Extra ReimuA - August 28, 2016. Score - 313, 650, 920
LoLK Pointdevice Normal Reisen - Oct. 23, 2016.
IN Normal 1cc Border team (starting with max lives) - Oct. 26, 2016.
TD Normal 1cc Reimu - Nov. 11, 2016 (proud of this one, since I had lost to Miko's last Spell Card in the previous run, then came back without losing any lives before Miko).
MoF Normal 1cc Reimu - Nov. 23, 2016.
LLS Normal 1cc Reimu - Nov. 26, 2016.
EoSD Normal 1cc MarisaA - Dec. 23, 2016.
EoSD Extra MarisaA - May 3, 2017, Score - 171, 612, 500.

And at some point, I don't have the date, ISC all scenes cleared (with cheat items).
StB - 16 Scenes cleared.
DS - 35 Scenes cleared.

Currently working on SA Normal 1cc ReimuB, PCB Phantasm ReimuA, and PCB Hard 1cc ReimuA.
PCB Phantasm ReimuA - May 7, 2017, Score - 496, 263, 290.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 09:31:05 PM by ryan1002515 »

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #352 on: May 09, 2017, 03:09:12 PM »
HSiFS Trial lunatic 1cc

I was gone the day the game came out and back somewhat late the day after, so I did a stream in which I got my lunatic clear after not too long, I saw one of collett's earlier runs on lunatic (apparently collett has close to 1.6 billion on lunatic now) which was an interesting sight, I'm now trying to see what I can do in normal mode and might post on the trial score thread if I get a run.

Oh also, that video is not the stream.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #353 on: May 10, 2017, 03:17:41 AM »
HSiFS Demo perfect Lunatic 1cc.

Fiiiiiinally. This took way longer than it should have. I blame Stage 2, which has pretty much become anti-fun incarnate. At least Aunn's attacks felt satisfying to learn and finally succeed on.

EDIT: DDC Lunatic no-bombs 1cc with ReimuB!

Oh my god oh my god I fucking did it! I finally didn't trainwreck on any of the bosses and oh my god I'm so fucking happy right now! :) This may have been one of the hardest things I've ever done in Touhou (ISC 10-4 no items might beat it out, but not much else imo). At last I can put this game to the side for a reeeeeally long time.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 04:59:00 AM by ふねん1 »

« Reply #354 on: May 13, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »
I did a Ten Desires perfect normal run. Yay!
Also I just captured Futo's last spell with ultra patch on after 50 or so retries. It turns out Ten Desires ultra is very poorly designed.
Also I don't know how to do pretty links so I'll do this:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=43145
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=43146

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #355 on: May 14, 2017, 05:04:28 AM »
It turns out Ten Desires ultra is very poorly designed.
What ultra isn't? As far as I know, all the ultra patches simply double the bullets, regardless of whether the result is possible.

As for links, use [url=http://link]text to display[/url].

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #356 on: May 14, 2017, 01:42:52 PM »
  did a 1cc with Rikako, took me a while until I made a video of it, think I'm gonna score this a bit (and probably stream a bit) to make sure I'm atleast somewhat ready for the upcoming DRC.

Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream Lunatic 1cc

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #357 on: May 14, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
LoLK Lunatic Legacy Mode 1cc.

Because I realized I still haven't done this after almost two years of the game being out. What can I say? This game hasn't interested me as much as others, especially lately.

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #358 on: May 16, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »

Subterranean Animism Lunatic No Miss No Bomb

Pulled a nindel! :D

This game is honestly kinda cursed. It feels like most everyone who goes for this ends up with a pile of 1MNB runs and stage 6 failures. Same thing happened to me.
My first 1MNB was to Orin's first midboss non in stage 5 and that happened last July. Afterward, I got repeated 1MNBs (Idk how many I have in total I think 4 or something).

One of the more annoying ones was when I got 1MNB to Blazing Wheel of all things. It felt like such a dumb thing to die to when I was so close, and it happened in November I think?

Before I did my stream and attempts today, I had been feeling pretty burnt out and uninspired with Touhou. I had decided that I was going to do some attempts. And being able to pull of this victory is so satisfying!

As of now, I "forgive" SA for all of its hardships! And I don't have to play it ever again for any type of goal! (Unless I score SA, which is unlikely but I guess I shouldn't rule it out)

Oh, btw, the screenshot doesn't represent my final score. This was taken before the clear bonus tallyups. Not that it matters lol

« Reply #359 on: May 16, 2017, 09:59:45 PM »
Congrats Mino!!