Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements  (Read 167174 times)

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 23: Legacy of Amazing Achievements
« Reply #270 on: December 11, 2016, 11:54:00 PM »
Me! I got one too! MoF Extra 90fps clear.

I'm still shaking, I can hardly believe I did that.

Well done. Now do the other extra stages on 90fps. Join usssss.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #271 on: December 16, 2016, 03:39:25 AM »
Well, I'm new here and I don't think this is particularly impressive by itself, but I just had to share it with somebody because of all the effort that went into it. I finally beat my first Extra Stage, Imperishable Night's! https://youtu.be/I06vqYXFsmY  Here's the replay if that's preferable, I'm not sure myself: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=42111

Man, this was rough...I wouldn't normally have done it either, since my main goal right now is to just try and 1CC all the main games on normal, but I have always liked IN the most out of all the Touhou games I've played, so I just had to give it a try...and the more effort I put into it, the less I was willing to quit. You can see how many times I practiced certain spellcards here: http://imgur.com/a/yMGNc

I probably made things harder on myself by refusing to look any replays or anything up, but it was fun figuring out the tricks to all her spellcards - many of them are almost like puzzles in that they are easy once you figure them out but seem impossible beforehand. I was so relieved when I realized that by hugging the very bottom of the screen in "Xu Fu's Dimension" you can avoid all the blue cards, for example. Similarly, a couple of her spells seemed easier if you got behind her in the beginning of the attack just to get her to shoot at the top of the screen instead of the bottom.  It took me forever to figure out "Honest Man's Death", though - so many tries spent getting killed in 4 or 5 seconds because of that damn laser. At first I thought it wouldn't hurt you if you were moving(like orange attacks in a certain other game...), but after getting killed a bunch of times while moving I scrapped that theory. I think now that it works based on whether you are on the left or right side of the screen, killing you if you are on the far side from where it starts..but I'm not entirely sure. That was definitely her hardest attack for me, though.

Looks like I might have to do it again though, if I want that last spellcard - I only captured 6 spells unfortunately. 1CCing normal seems a lot easier now compared to this.  :V 

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #272 on: December 20, 2016, 01:17:46 PM »
Yesterday I did do a NMNB of LLS's Extra stage with ReimuA, the last shot I needed to NMNB the extra stage with. Thus I decided to make a compilation video for which I've put the link below the clear screenshots.

ReimuA
ReimuB
MarisaA
MarisaB

As for MarisaA, I've done it with her original sprite too in the past but the quality of the video and run was less and the one with Mima's sprite is pretty much the exact same shot/hitbox/speed and all that, it's just a different sprite so I felt like still using that one.

Lotus Land Story Extra Stage "Perfect" NMNB compilation with all shottypes

Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

WindyKitsune

• Lumin(ifer)ous Touhouism
« Reply #273 on: December 21, 2016, 06:32:18 PM »
MoF Normal clear
Yesterday I could do a 1cc MoF Normal run.
This my first 1cc run on Mountain of Faith and first 1cc with no lives tweaks.  :)
I finished with no lives/bombs after Kanako, her last spellcard is pretty long!

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #274 on: December 22, 2016, 08:41:53 PM »
SoEW Extra NMNB with ReimuB

27.7 Million phew, I kept having runs in which I died somewhere even though the score before was pretty good, but this one entered evil eye sigma with about 21.5 Million, which was higher than other runs. I'm incredibly glad that I actually ended up getting hit on earlier credits thanks to this run, since I'm really very happy with this run.

Also with this done I've NMNB'd all pc-98 Extra stages with all shottypes, I'll try to make a compilation video for each game (I already have the one for LLS up) and maybe one with all of them together, but right now I'll have to figure out how to make the Mystic Square video as it is doing weird while I am trying to make it.

Also all those pc-98 extra runs were done this year, a few days ago I did NMNB LLS with ReimuA and then a day later I did NMNB with Yuuka and Reimu in MS too. So the last one I needed was ReimuB in SoEW (Which I did now; I'm incredibly glad I've got that done!)

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #275 on: December 24, 2016, 04:57:38 AM »
Finally got my DDC LNB. Warning: shotgunning galore. This is how my worst run turned into my best run.

DDC LNB - SakuyaA

Grrr.
---
YouTube

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #276 on: December 24, 2016, 03:56:31 PM »
Congratulations DarkPermafrost!

I got my video of the Mystic Square Extra Stage NMNB (Perfect with all shots) compilation video up Mystic Square: Extra Stage No Miss No Bombs with all shottypes

One of my favourite Extra stages, I've played this one so much; now I have my NMNBs with each shot in this extra stage uploaded in a compilation video. All of the runs were done this year and I did enjoy doing all of them, there is some scorign alongside but not each cancel was as optimal as I would've liked for them to be.

Some screenshots of the NMNBs with each shot below (I plan to make such a post for SoEW later, presumably a few days.)

Reimu:
Marisa:
Mima:
Yuuka:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 04:30:20 PM by Zigzagwolf »

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #277 on: December 26, 2016, 10:28:01 PM »
Got the Story of Eastern Wonderland Extra "Perfect" (NMNB) with all shottypes compilation up now too. Story of Eastern Wonderland Extra All Shots NMNB compilation

Also some screenshots of the clears with each shottype below.

ReimuA:

ReimuB:

ReimuC:

Story of Eastern Wonderland is probably the silliest to see NMNB screenshots of considering the enemies in the stage portion can at times drop a bomb (it hasn't happened that much to me but it did happen a few times.) So I wonder if I'll ever see a screenshot that NMNB'd and got more than 3 bombs? I think two bomb drops were even possible, so a full resources extra stage NMNB would be interesting to see, too. But it's all purely rng and it hardly ever happens too so it's more like an interesting thing to see than something important if anything.

Also I'm pretty glad with the ReimuB score, almost 30 million is quite insane.

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #278 on: December 31, 2016, 05:01:36 PM »
Also got my second dank dodging video up, it's basically just silly dodges I did in a few runs that I cut out and put into a compilation video, pretty silly but funny.

Second dank dodging video

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #279 on: January 06, 2017, 01:56:30 PM »
Got myself a rather bad A1 LNB in GFW. I mean, it's not spectacular, but my last attempt at GFW lunatic was even more pathetic (even with bombs), so I'm quite happy. Getting something this early in 2017 is also really nice.

GFW LNB - A1

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #280 on: January 10, 2017, 06:19:06 AM »
[attach=1]

No Miss Get!

I got pretty close to 2b too, so I may go back to this goal in the future to get it

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #281 on: January 11, 2017, 10:52:43 PM »

I got a couple of extra stage NMNBs last month, but I forgot to put them here.

The UFO Extra run was No Miss, No Bomb, No UFOs summoned. I saved the replay before the score screen popped up, but the video proof is here if anyone cares: https://www.twitch.tv/coppermarten/v/105830494

The EoSD NMNB was my first NMNB on stream and my most recent achievement. I had a lot of trouble with QED, but playing LoLK Lunatic pointdevice over Christmas (and practicing PDH in particular) helped with it a lot.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:35:23 AM by CopperMarten »

Zigzagwolf

« Reply #282 on: January 17, 2017, 12:48:44 AM »
I guess this is not a really big achievement or anything but it is still quite interesting, I made a NMNB (perfect) compilation of Patchouli's fight on lunatic in Embodiment of Scarlet Devil with all shottypes

Lunatic Patchouli NMNB with all shottypes

MarisaA really has a pretty tough Patchouli fight

« Reply #283 on: January 24, 2017, 10:33:57 PM »
This time I didn't die to Exiled Doll.

First Hard 1cc, finally! Although I was really tired when I did this, silly mistakes all over the place. I'm sure I can get a better clear than that, but maybe I'll submit my first one to the Replay Showcase anyhow, people seem to enjoy that kind of thing....?

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #284 on: January 25, 2017, 05:37:33 AM »
Satoriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin~

Might do Lunatic in the future. Maybe? I'd go for Lunatic 1cc first, though.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2017, 07:48:11 AM »
Aaaaaaand a couple days later. All Overdrive difficulty cards captured.

The next logical step from here is to capture the Last Words, but I might hold off on that for now.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

RB

« Reply #286 on: January 30, 2017, 12:35:51 PM »
This was pretty annoying.
UFO LNB!

« Reply #287 on: February 01, 2017, 08:12:55 PM »
Holy.
Crap.

I've just accomplished my first ever Touhou Lunatic 1CC, in PCB. And while it might sound petty for some hardcore players out there, I honestly feel incredibly proud of myself.
I still can't comprehend how this came to be, especially after THIS HAPPENED:

I entered the final stage with 5 lives and a bomb, and walked away with absolutely no resources at all. Needless to say, it was pretty clutch. I felt like I was about to have a heart attack during Butterfly Resurrection.
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

« Reply #288 on: February 01, 2017, 08:53:13 PM »
Of course you should feel proud! I will have been playing Touhou for two years on the 18th, and I only just got my first Hard clear, nowhere near a Lunatic clear and don't know if I will ever get there. It's a great achievement to have :)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #289 on: February 01, 2017, 09:58:54 PM »
Doesn't sound petty at all iVAwalys, congrats on the 1cc!

And yes, that is the magic of playing Reimu. :V

In other news, today's the first time in a really long time I've managed to sit down for a long Touhou session - other gamesinterests and all that - but I'm getting back into the swing of things faster than I usually do. Hardly feels like my control has left me at all. Guess I'd better put that to good use and go for some more things on my to-do list.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #290 on: February 02, 2017, 06:29:17 AM »
Just 2 years and a Hard clear already? That's incredibly impressive. It took me over 5 years to get to that level of skill!
I've been playing Touhou for about 6-7 years now, and I've just managed to clear Lunatic for the first time. Eh, I guess everyone learns at a different pace.

I recently started practicing EoSD Lunatic, with MarisaB. I actually managed to get to Remi, only to die at her last nonspell. During the entire final stage, I died with bombs not once, not twice, but three times.

Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

Shikigami101

• Training at full force!
« Reply #291 on: February 02, 2017, 09:05:56 PM »
Finally, after about three tries I have beaten Yukari!
In fact, I had less problems with her rather than Ran. Am I weird or do you feel the same about it?
Her first spell didn't give me that dumb failure I always had with Ran. Another spell card I had problems with was Ran's "Shikigami's Radiance "Charming Siege from All Sides", but the Yukari version seemed rather easy. Now that I think the fight wasn't too difficult.
Hard clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Lunatic clears: PoFV, MoF, HSiFS
Extra stages: EoSD, PCB (+ Phantasm), IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
owo

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #292 on: February 02, 2017, 09:36:54 PM »
Yeah, some of Yukari's attacks are definitely easier than Ran's. The fact that their attacks are usually pretty similar also helps. Phantasm's difficulty is all over the place like that. Still, grats on the clear!

I'm still dying in some of the weirdest places right now, trying to shake off rust for some games and all that, but getting a perfect Orin fight after only 2 tries was pretty sweet. There's still hope for me yet lol.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #293 on: February 04, 2017, 11:18:07 PM »
I just registered an account to say this, after months of trying i finally beat PCB normal without continues.
I will try the extra stage now.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #294 on: February 05, 2017, 02:21:05 AM »
Welcome to MotK!

And clearing without continues for the first time is an accomplishment, so don't worry about having registered just to say that.

« Reply #295 on: February 05, 2017, 10:40:25 PM »
Inspired by yesterday's Touhou Replay Showcase, I beat MoF Normal without vertical movement :)

This only took two tries, which is why there are a few getting-used-to-NV silly mistakes; I died to three of Sanae's attacks just before making my mind up to bomb them. I also just missed the 150m final extend; my score before the clear bonus was something like 149.7m. Still, I cleared and that's what matters.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #296 on: February 05, 2017, 11:02:57 PM »
Beated MoF Extra Stage again... What's the big deal, then? Well, I ALMOST did a No Miss.
The worst thing is that the only death I had was a really stupid one. I was doing a random credit... which makes me realize that my best runs are with random credits, instead of having an objective... Nothing makes sense.
Stupid me that I didn't saved the replay  :derp:
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

« Reply #297 on: February 06, 2017, 02:03:42 AM »
I was doing a random credit... which makes me realize that my best runs are with random credits, instead of having an objective... Nothing makes sense.
Yeah, that's always confusing. Happened to me twice in the past few days. I was just planning to come post about managing to 1cc MoF Normal for the first time - not on one of my many serious attempts, or even a proper practice run, but just on a casual playthrough that I was using to pass the time while I was sick earlier this week.

Meanwhile, I started up a quick run of PCB just to get a feel for the game and check whether I wanted to start practicing it. Somehow I cleared it all the way through, despite not having played the game in months. It's certainly not a clean run, but it's far better than I was expecting. Is it just my imagination, or is PCB normal not actually much harder than PCB easy? I remember the game giving me a lot of trouble back when I was struggling for easy 1cc's, but it was surprisingly smooth this time around.

Normal difficulty 1cc's aren't particularly dramatic accomplishments compared to a lot of what's mentioned here, but I do feel like I've hit some important milestones, especially with the MoF playthrough. It was the first time I had to stop, practice, and actually memorize the flow of the more difficult stages, and I'm glad I did. Taking the time to do that doesn't just make the game easier - it makes it more fun.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #298 on: February 06, 2017, 09:58:17 PM »
It can be interesting what happens on less serious runs. Sometimes they turn out better because you're not feeling as pressured, while other times it's the opposite.

Is it just my imagination, or is PCB normal not actually much harder than PCB easy? I remember the game giving me a lot of trouble back when I was struggling for easy 1cc's, but it was surprisingly smooth this time around.
I'd say PCB Easy is relatively close to a Normal in difficulty, compared to other games' Easy and Normal 1ccs.

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2017, 01:11:48 AM »
So after somewhat of a break, I did things.

MoF Extra NMNB

Grrr.
---
YouTube