Author Topic: Recommend me a good 3DS game  (Read 2520 times)

Power

• The power is within you. :D
Recommend me a good 3DS game
« on: April 01, 2012, 11:58:57 PM »
I got nothing on this.  There's like no games for the 3DS besides nintendo made games.  So for this thread recommend me a good 3DS game.  It can be Nintendo made 3DS games or any 3DS games but for this thread I would like it if you give reasons why it is good.  Yeah can't seem to find anything that's good on the 3DS so please start recommending.   :)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Recommend me a good 3DS game
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »
Should be in akyu's silly... Anyway, I don't own a 3ds, and I haven't really found any games for the 3ds that I absolutely must have yet...But I heard the next Etrian odyssey is coming out on the 3ds, so you may wanna keep an eye out for that if you're into dungeon crawlers >=).

Power

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:07:20 AM »
Is Etrian odyssey a good game?  Also is it a rumor or has it really been confirmed yet?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 12:10:30 AM »
Well I liked em, but I'm prone to liking dungeon crawlers by default. So, like I said, if you like dungeon crawlers, if you don't, I imagine you wont think it's a good game. Umm.. turn-based RPG dungeon crawlers that is...not an action one or whatever.
But yeah, it's official.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/28/etrian-odyssey-iv-coming-to-the-3ds-in-japan-classes-detailed/
Note I don't frequent joystiq, just an article I found after a quick search, there were many though.

Have you played Touhou labyrinth yet? It's kinda similar but not quite. But if you adore touhou labyrinth, I rekon there's at least a pretty good chance you'll like Etrian odyssey. Oh yeah, it's made by Atlus, I'm NOT one of those people who automatically assume anything they touch is gold, but seems a LOT of people are, so if you are, you simply must get it I suppose >=P

Drake

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 12:28:59 AM »
tales of the abyss

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 12:54:54 AM »
I haven't played it myself, but I've heard really good things about Kid Icarus Uprising from my friends so that should be worth looking into.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 02:10:51 AM »
Monster Hunter 3G
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 02:29:45 AM »

Power

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 02:44:21 AM »
Oh yeah Monster hunter.  The demo was freaking awesome.  Too addicted to it man but there's still a chance the main game could suck?  Does the 3DS version suck?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 02:56:56 AM »
etrian odyssey 4 when it comes out

has casual mode if you dont like that kind of game

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 03:04:45 AM »
Kid Icarus Uprising is bloody fantastic holy shit.  Also already recommended is of course Tales of the Abyss 3D, if you haven't played the original TotA (It's just a port, so there's really nothing new offered if you played the original).

Samurai Warriors Chronicles also isn't halfbad.  For games running on the "old" Musou engine (DW games up to 5, SW series), it's actually really really solid and inventive for a Musou game.  It was my favourite for a while.

If you have access to a 3DS Prepaid card or credit card, try getting Pushmo off of the Nintendo eShop.  It's a fantastic little puzzle game with a simplistic nature that turns out to be incredibly complex in practice, that has a very active stage creating community right now.

Also, Resident Evil Uprising basically combines 4/5's controls with the atmosphere of the older games.  It's genuinely creepy and makes you feel really threatened, it's very difficult, and the bonus (absolutely huge) mode that can be played single-player or multiplayer is an absolute blast that puts Mercenaries modes in the previous games to shame.  My roommate had pretty much lost faith in the series, but he has loved Uprising to pieces and I can completely see why.

Also, Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario Land 3D are both great games in their own right too; how the heck did I forget them?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 04:34:45 AM »
I have and love my kid icarus back from the NES, I was always wondering why it never got a sequel, when I heard about the 3DS one I was like zomgwtf really? But I didn't really get my hopes up since old school game series that get long awaited sequels seem to be bombing lately. I mean people say the gaming industry is dying, and I strongly disagree, there are more awsome games out these days than ever. But alot of the real long tried and true names seem to be jumping the shark more often than not these days =(... But yeah, if Kid icarus is good, sweet.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 06:18:24 AM »
All the tutorial videos and the first chapter of Kid Icarus Uprising.  They give you a really, really good idea of what the gameplay is like - and the writing, which I have actually had to stop playing the game at a couple points due to busting my gut laughing about and I think you'll get an idea why.

The further I get into this game the better it gets oh my god.