Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 119542 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day Three LyLo!
« Reply #990 on: March 29, 2011, 08:39:46 PM »
It makes perfect sense for Bard to trigger the result given his claim and I'm pretty sure I've been saying he's third party all day yesterday ever since he claimed responsibility for UK's murder. <_<;

This is how my ability isn't ridiculously broken - there are false flags.  My ability should be able to detect more "real" zombies than "fake" zombies, though:

Here's how I imagine it's laid out:

Scum1 - Hourai (would not detect)
Scum2 - Schezo (would detect)
Scum3 - ??? (would detect)
Scum4 - ??? (would detect)
Neutral - Bardiche (would detect)

Logically, three potential "good" results and two "bad" results - serves to balance the role without making it overly powerful.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #991 on: March 29, 2011, 08:40:37 PM »
Not to mention the ambiguous 1 or no zombies giving a negative result.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #992 on: March 29, 2011, 08:41:13 PM »
So...

Lynch Huh What
Dormio blocks either Capt. H or NeoSerela
Bard kills the other

Sounds good?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #993 on: March 29, 2011, 08:43:33 PM »
It actually doesn't explain everything yet. Like the UK nightkill - I would not expect that from a survivor.

Once I hear Bard's fullclaim, I want some time to discuss our strategy for tonight before we hammer anyone. I think town's victory is guarenteed with the right strategy.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #994 on: March 29, 2011, 08:46:36 PM »
I don't oppose to a mass claim at this point.

« Reply #995 on: March 29, 2011, 09:25:14 PM »
I'm more inclined to buy Edible as scum than Serela/capt. h together, honestly. I obviously don't buy into a huhwhat/Serela or huhwhat/capt. h pairing either.

It seems possible to me that Edible is scum and predicted I'd limited track him last night and prepared to claim the second test as a result.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #996 on: March 29, 2011, 09:30:46 PM »
Bard - survivor with vig
capt h. - plain vanilla
Dormio - power thief
huh what - Secret Agent Man
Edible - biologist
Neo - radio star
PX - plain vanilla
Zak - ?

We just need Bard to finish his claim, Zak to make his claim, and Dormio to explain his powers.

I'd like to take a moment to say Edible is probably town. Not because I trust him, but because the game is clearly formatted around his ability (with many roles making little sense otherwise). If he isn't town, then Hourai and Bard don't make sense. One of them might make sense, but not both.

I have some theories, but I want to hear from the remaining two players before I state them. Especially Zak. If anyone's powers can break my theories, it's Zak's.

(If you missed it, I just claimed vanilla.)

« Reply #997 on: March 29, 2011, 09:34:10 PM »
The format of the game doesn't necessarily have to be themed around Edible's role. We don't know the flavor behind UK's investigations, it's possible she was affected by the same issues regarding the roles of Hourai and Bard.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #998 on: March 29, 2011, 09:37:36 PM »
Dormio - power thief

We just need Bard to finish his claim, Zak to make his claim, and Dormio to explain his powers.
Yo, when did I ever claim that?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #999 on: March 29, 2011, 09:39:33 PM »
Yo, when did I ever claim that?

You didn't, but you've clearly been suppressing the powers of others.

So what is your ability?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1000 on: March 29, 2011, 09:42:47 PM »
I think I've already said enough about it.
You fishing, again?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1001 on: March 29, 2011, 09:53:45 PM »
I think I've already said enough about it.
You fishing, again?

Well, I guess I'll tell you my theories now.

I'm not scum and I can't imagine Neo is scum.

Either Edible or Huh What are likely to be scum. But Edible's first day test did exactly what it was supposed to do, and only one of them can be scum.

Bard didn't set off the detector, in spite of being infected. And he claimed 3rd party

Therefore, the player that can take away both night and day abilities is scum. You are the only player that seem to have abilities that can beat Edible's test. I wanted Zak to roleclaim first, but since you asked, I think you are scum.

And by the way, lynch Bard. He's not a survivor with vig powers; he's a serial killer. And even if he were a survivor, i would have wanted the known survivor lynched today (which is why I was hoping Zak was the survivor). The extra day we get downing a known anti-town player will enable us to verify many town allegiances tonight, and we may even be able to structure the night actions so that scum can't kill. If we have Huh what toss his radio and Dormio block someone who will know that they were blocked, then neither of them will be able to perform a NK, and we can verify that neither of them are scum.

I was hoping Edible would be able to retest the p[layers, but with Bard's confession, we have two scum that block Edible.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1002 on: March 29, 2011, 09:57:35 PM »
You're being pretty reliant on roles, there.
Also, I'm wondering how you think that I can beat Edible's test.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #1003 on: March 29, 2011, 09:58:39 PM »
Bard didn't set off the detector, in spite of being infected. And he claimed 3rd party

Uh.

Do you need a reminder of how my ability works?

And I wasn't blocked last night.  I got a definite result.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #1004 on: March 29, 2011, 10:01:53 PM »
Scum Team:
what huh and capt. h

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1005 on: March 29, 2011, 10:03:27 PM »
You're being pretty reliant on roles, there.
Also, I'm wondering how you think that I can beat Edible's test.

If you told us your role we would know if you could. However, it's pretty straightforward:

I think only one player in Edible's ambiguous list could possibly be scum. Either that, or Neo is amazing at this game.

Your ability can take away other players powers at will in both night and day cycles.

It's not a stretch to think other players abilities probably won't work on you.

I was hoping you would full-claim before I made my accusation so you wouldn't have any accusation to build your response around (in case you were scum), but you weren't willing to do that.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1006 on: March 29, 2011, 10:05:48 PM »
Scum Team:
what huh and capt. h

Look PX, let's kill the serial killer Bard today, kill huh what tomorrow, and then I'll be able to prove I'm town using the radio night actions on the last day.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1007 on: March 29, 2011, 10:14:57 PM »
If you told us your role we would know if you could. However, it's pretty straightforward:

I think only one player in Edible's ambiguous list could possibly be scum. Either that, or Neo is amazing at this game.

Your ability can take away other players powers at will in both night and day cycles.

It's not a stretch to think other players abilities probably won't work on you.

I was hoping you would full-claim before I made my accusation so you wouldn't have any accusation to build your response around (in case you were scum), but you weren't willing to do that.
I've actually already claimed all of my abilities.
You just need to read through my posts and piece it together.
Also, you're saying that I have dayblocks, nightblocks, as well as protection from every ability in the game (Bulletproof, Investigationproof etc.). OP much?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1008 on: March 29, 2011, 10:16:19 PM »
Also, why are you so insistent on killing Bardiche when he's effectively turned into a townie?

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #1009 on: March 29, 2011, 10:20:01 PM »
And by the way, lynch Bard. He's not a survivor with vig powers; he's a serial killer. And even if he were a survivor, i would have wanted the known survivor lynched today (which is why I was hoping Zak was the survivor).

This, and the declaration that we "have two scum who block Edible" is utterly silly. You throw up a lot of clout to basically say, "Dormio is scum, but lynch Bardiche instead anyway". You still lack any basis on which to claim someone is scum or not other than "role speculation" and "setup mafia", which are interesting games on their own but during LyLo, surely you can come up with something better than that.

This is why I said earlier you do not scumhunt. You only play role speculation games, and off wrong assumptions as well. Declaring that you can down an anti-town player by lynching the survivor who pretty much agreed to roll with town because he does not want to die and that you should actually do so is flawed on two assumptions.

1) That third-party is directly anti-town. As yet, there is no basis to declare my behaviour as strictly anti-town, or if you have so you must declare it now.
2) That lynching not-scum takes precedence over lynching scum.

I of course disagree with two and find it flawed because the purpose of the game is to eliminate scum, not eliminate independent parties who may or may not work against town, and who more often than not will find themselves forced to pick sides and hey, one side can eliminate you if you're TOO useful, the other will lynch you if you're not useful ENOUGH. And the first side will try to get you lynched harder than the latter side, usually.

Unlike scum, whose win condition is directly opposite town's, lynching a third party is nothing more than being a jerk by denying someone's win condition at the expense of your own lynch. If I die, you gain no valuable interactive information, nor is there the guarantee that a 2 town, 2 scum, 1 third party would result in scum victory.

I would love to continue this, but sleep draws near and so I want to sleep. I am off from school early tomorrow, and so I can provide the analysis no sooner than that.

As far as my kill goes, I can nearly guarantee I will be able to use it tonight, but I can do so under two conditions:
A) That I voted that person at some point during the dayphase
B) That I do not overuse my ability
I have no idea what "overuse" entails nor what the negative effect would be of using it too much.

As far as Edible's list goes, Serp says he cannot answer questions re: role interactions.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1010 on: March 29, 2011, 10:25:54 PM »
I've actually already claimed all of my abilities.
You just need to read through my posts and piece it together.
Also, you're saying that I have dayblocks, nightblocks, as well as protection from every ability in the game (Bulletproof, Investigationproof etc.). OP much?

Look, I don't know what your ability is, and I'm not piecing it together for you. Simple answer - another scum jack of all trades like from last game. But I know if Edible lives until tomorrow, he's going to get some very funky results when he tests me and Neo, so I guess I can let it drop until tomorrow.

Besides, there's an easy way to confirm you're not scum: we think huh what is scum, so if you block someone that will know you blocked them tonight while Huh what gets rid of his radio (and Neo gives her radio to Huh what), then none of you three can be scum buddies with eachother. Unfortunately, I won't be able to prove myself unless I get a radio some how, while Edible is the one that needs protection as he tests huh what against me and Neo, but I don't think it matters because we think huh what is scum anyway and thus not very trustworthy.

We can win this game without doing any scum hunting whatsoever if we piece our night actions together instead of being hurp derp and alligning ourselves with a player that has both confessed to killing other players and has a third party role. We can work with facts instead of speculation. That's why I'm suggesting strategies to win and get absolute confirmation of who is town and who is scum.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1011 on: March 29, 2011, 10:33:12 PM »
Capt.h makes me think he's town during the night and then makes a post like 1001 that makes me go "...why did I think this person is town, again ;_;"

Capt.h+Huhwhat scumteam suddenly doesn't seem as unlikely to me.

Anyway. Responses underlined and bolded, but oh hey look a bunch of ninjas saying all this for me anyway.
uh
Therefore, the player that can take away both night and day abilities is scum. You are the only player that seem to have abilities that can beat Edible's test. I wanted Zak to roleclaim first, but since you asked, I think you are scum.
what, how can he beat Edible's test again? This makes no sense. Also if you think Edible's tests are correct then Dormio is confirmed toooooown
And by the way, lynch Bard. He's not a survivor with vig powers; he's a serial killer. And even if he were a survivor, i would have wanted the known survivor lynched today (which is why I was hoping Zak was the survivor). The extra day we get downing a known anti-town player will enable us to verify many town allegiances tonight, and we may even be able to structure the night actions so that scum can't kill. If we have Huh what toss his radio and Dormio block someone who will know that they were blocked, then neither of them will be able to perform a NK, and we can verify that neither of them are scum.
Survivor, lynched? WHY? Survivor is NOT AN ANTI-TOWN ROLE. We can win perfectly fine with a survivor alive, and lynching him wastes a lynch that could be used on likely-scum.
Even if Bard is SK, he ALSO needs to kill scum right now, or he will LOSE.[/b]
I was hoping Edible would be able to retest the p[layers, but with Bard's confession, we have two scum that block Edible.
I am confus?
--------------------------------------------------vvv plz read this vvv------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, capt.h's radio idea is still a good idea, plus when it's combined with Dormio's roleblocking.

Tonight, Edible's test should be used on confirmtrigger Bard and our three confirmtowns along with one other person to see if they're scum for sure.

I will throw my radio at Huhwhat and Huhwhat will throw his at Edible. That will allow Huhwhat to bodyguard if he is not lying about his role, and if Edible dies, then huhwhat's scum.

If we do this, then we cannot lynch Bard or our confirmtowns (DUH), nor Edible or Huhwhat. That only leaves capt.h to lynch. This is actually perfectly fine, as if Edible is truthing, then with knowledge of me being town, Huhwhat and capt.H have to be scum.

##Vote:Capt.h

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1012 on: March 29, 2011, 10:39:19 PM »
My ability is exactly as I've stated.
I block a player's day/night actions.
The only thing I haven't elaborated on is how I go about doing this, other than the fact that drugs are involved.

We can win this game without doing any scum hunting whatsoever
lol.
Anyway.
I'd prefer to align myself with Bardiche, because as far as I'm concerned he is a vanilla townie.
Right now, I'm think that huh what is a zombie.
I want to see him lynched today.
The only thing I can't figure out for certain is whether or not you're also a zombie or whether that goes to the lurker, Zakeri.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1013 on: March 29, 2011, 10:42:47 PM »
The only thing I can't figure out for certain is whether or not you're also a zombie or whether that goes to the lurker, Zakeri.
Unless we're going to go around thinking that Bardiche is an infected human whose infected blood does not trigger a test that looks for infected blood, Zak/PX/Dormio are all confirmed toooooooooooooown.

Currently thinking over how Bard's ability to NK fits into my plan, and who Edible should target. With planned aspects for whether capt.h flips town or scum.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1014 on: March 29, 2011, 10:43:41 PM »
Pesco disabled my new replies notification so I missed NeoSerela's post. :/

I would rather see huh what lynched, and I can move my block onto capt. h and Bardiche can shoot him during the night.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1015 on: March 29, 2011, 10:44:33 PM »
Oh yeah, did I mention I block night kills?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1016 on: March 29, 2011, 10:44:55 PM »
Oh yeah, did I mention I block people from performing night kills?

« Reply #1017 on: March 29, 2011, 10:47:34 PM »
Normally, I'd be holding that against Capt.h as well except for two points.
1. This is lylo
2. This is actually one of the very few circumstances where full roleclaims before lylo can actually help town.

I am a Town Profiler. Once per night, I can scan a person, and figure out what they do for a living. In short, a rolecop.

Night one, I investigated Kilgamayan because I was completely lost, saw hourai had flipped red, and picked someone at random that was on the other bandwagon. He came up as Vanilla/Goon
Last night, I investigated Edible, and got the Result of "Biologist."

My role alone doesn't prove they are town, but it goes a long way in convincing me that Edible is telling the truth. The reason I didn't want to claim yesterday is because my role can only really find scum in people who lie about what their rolename is. I noticed when I was checking for claims earlier that Hourai had claimed "Chemist." When he was really a "Mad Scientist." This might also be why "Traitor" was used as an alignment rather than a role name because otherwise, I'd have been able to catch him with a single investigation.

I believe Bardiche's role as he's explained it so far. It also completely fits in with my HW/Bard/Capt.h theory earlier. I'll probably be using my ability to investigate him tonight, but if anyone has any better ideas, I'm open for suggestions.

Right now, what I feel like doing is going back over Capt.H's posts. I realize most of my case right now focuses on him being HW's buddy, so I want to come up with something more full before the end of the day.

Cut:
Re: Lynching Survivor - This is a bad idea, since best case scenerio - We're in true lylo tomorrow. I pretty much have taken the stance that lynching any third party, including Serial Killer, over Mafia is a stupid, stupid idea. This is multiplied greatly when the third party in question wins with the town victory and therefore has no reason not to lynch mafia.

Also, Neoserela, you need to stop being so Naive. Capt.H could say a million things that sound townie (The radio passing idea comes to mind) And yet, the only thing that really matters in terms of furthering scum goals is where the lynch lands, such as having a really good case on someone who is scum (i.e. Capt.H's case on HW yesterday) Yet suddenly switch to someone who was town, and completely swing the bandwagons away from scum (i.e. what Capt.H effective did in the last moments of the game yesterday.)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1018 on: March 29, 2011, 10:49:26 PM »
But that messes up my plan to keep Edible alive; otherwise he's obvnk.

...that's really the only reason I'm not saying "k lynch huhwhat", though.

Blocking capt.h is definitely what I recommend if we don't lynch him.

Actually, what about lynching Edible, if he flips town, you block Capt.H and Bard kills Huhwhat? We're pretty much guarenteed to kill or block a scum.

If he flipped SCUM, I'd say kill Capt.H and block... idk. One of the confirmtowns, since that means Edible would be lying. That would be PX or Zak.

OH HEY ZAK POSTED THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

k redoing all this thought, also, do I really still look like I think capt.h is town, considering I'm like, calling for his head ):

« Reply #1019 on: March 29, 2011, 10:50:56 PM »
Your Naivity is just a point of annoyance to me. Also, this post was suppose to come out, like, a page ago, where you weren't calling for his head.