Author Topic: "Haaaaaaaaaalp ;O;" (Spell Card Help Topic: III)  (Read 186620 times)

MTSranger

• =.=
Re: "Haaaaaaaaaalp ;O;" (Spell Card Help Topic: III)
« Reply #960 on: September 02, 2011, 03:41:09 AM »
Silver Dragon
Each wave aims at you as a whole. So, don't stand still for too long in the same place and move around a bit, or you get kind of walled.
Other than that, there isn't too much you can do besides dodging.

« Reply #961 on: September 02, 2011, 02:49:44 PM »
壱番勝負「霊長化弾幕変化」 a.k.a. Mamizou's first spellcard
It looks like a harder version of Red UFO Invasion of Rage. I can't figure out the pattern.
Any help?
1CCs:
Normal: IN (6A and 6B), TD, DDC, UFO, MoF, SA, EoSD, PCB, PoFV, LoLK (Pointdevice, Legacy), HSiFS, WBaWC
Extra: MoF, DDC, UFO, IN, SA, TD, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

SMW Central Profile | MyAnimeList

« Reply #962 on: September 02, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
go to the sides at half-screen height and stream it to the bottom (switch sides each time)
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #963 on: September 02, 2011, 10:35:50 PM »
I've been trying to beat Flandre, but Starbow Break and Maze of Love keep murdering my bombs >_<
Are there any tips for getting through them? :x I think someone said there was like, a safespot in Starbow Break, though I'd really rather not use something like that. >_>

Drake

« Reply #964 on: September 02, 2011, 11:58:12 PM »
if they're murdering your bombs what are your lives doing

Anyways Starbow Break has no trick at all, but if you can't tell how to do Maze of Love, go watch a replay. You just circle around and such, it's just difficult to learn it. Keep practicing and you'll get it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:59:58 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #965 on: September 03, 2011, 12:07:42 AM »
I've been trying to beat Flandre, but Starbow Break and Maze of Love keep murdering my bombs >_<
Are there any tips for getting through them? :x I think someone said there was like, a safespot in Starbow Break, though I'd really rather not use something like that. >_>
Well, I've never actually played them myself, but I've seen replays, soo...  I'll try anyway!

Starbow Break:  (I won't detail about the safespot since I too think it'd be much less satisfying to beat it that way.  A reason I don't try to do the one in, say, Ran's "Descent of Izuna Gongen")  This one seems to be pretty much just pure dodging, keeping in mind the various speeds the bullets move at.  Try to find the bigger paths to take and you  should be able to take it out quickly enough, unless you're HomingReimu, probably.  Try to play it aggressively(IE focus on staying beneath Flandre whilst you dodge) and it'll end relatively fast.  Don't be afraid to use ONE bomb though.  One won't cripple you, hopefully.  (Though naturally a capture is better, it's more important to survive if you're just going for a clear.)

Maze of Love:  There's two ways to go about this.  One, would be to memorize the spinning pattern and just practice moving into position quickly but carefully.  The OTHER...is to ignore her "maze" entirely and hang out underneath her, just doing micrododges to stay between the waves she fires at you.  One requires better precision(The no-maze way), the other makes the card take longer, but is (probably, depending on your exact capabilities) safer.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #966 on: September 03, 2011, 12:50:36 AM »
with reimu B you just have to spin one time around flandre because she dies SO FAST, just stay at the bottom after the first spin and trust your shot damage, and if you are using marisa just spin, you are fast enough so you need less precision than with reimu... i do have to admit that in my first clears i just tried my best to dodge from the bottom and if i died i just shotgunned with the invul time that you get after death

and the safespot on starbow break imo is harder than capping it
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #967 on: September 03, 2011, 01:08:55 AM »
I personally can't circle at all on Maze of Love, so I just stay at the bottom and micro-dodge. However, if you're new to this then stay at the bottom and shoot her until the first wave of green bullets is just about to hit you, then bomb. If using Marisa B, then the bomb will take up a lot of time and finish a bit before Flan takes a break before firing the brown wave. Try and get through the last wall and then the card should be over. It should work with other shot-types as well (except Reimu A, maybe) but you may have to go through another wall after the bomb.

As for Starbow Break, if using the retexture patch then the safespot is right by the "N" in "Enemy" in the top left of the screen. It should be the same without the patch but it may be a little off. So you'll have to just sit and chill for about a minute - I don't think Reimu A's homing can take her down. 

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #968 on: September 03, 2011, 11:56:34 AM »
Really need help on Mamizou's survival card. I have no effing idea how to tackle it after the dog-only phase.
Tips on the Reimu transformation card and Nue's last orb card would be very welcome as well (the former gets pretty insane towards the end and locks me often, the latter seems stupidly easy, yet I fail it more ofter than I should, so I'm propably missing an obvious route), but it's the survival that fucks me up completely now.

« Reply #969 on: September 03, 2011, 12:42:58 PM »
Mamizou survival card. Move up and down to avoid the birds. Look out for the dogs. Its a pretty simple survival card.
The transformation card, memorize it. The same advice applies for the third Nue card if you can't dodge it.

Make good use of spell practice to get consistent.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #970 on: September 03, 2011, 07:16:20 PM »
Mamizou Survival
Dog phase is easy
Dog + bird phase: in the first 2 waves, make sure you direct the birds so you don't get walled; i.e. start 1/4 from top, when the birds are aimed there, rush to 1/4 from bottom, etc. After the 1st 2 waves, you can just move up and down and dodge the dogs.
The last phase is the same: I usually make sure I direct the first 2 waves of birds correctly, then I just move up and down, as the birds don't really matter as long as you move up and down far enough (1/4 from top to 1/4 from bottom)

Exorcism of Fake Shrinemaiden (or smthing like that)
Memorize a route in spell practice lolol. Here is my route:
1. stay 1/5 above bottom, follow Reimu to left, then to 1/3 from right
    (move: center -> far left -> 1/3 from right)
2. rush to bottom, rush left, move up and circle to near the top
    (move: 1/3 from right, 1/5 from bottom -> 1/3 from right, bottom -> far left, bottom -> center, 1/5 from top)
3. rush down 1/3 from right and get below Reimu (who should be 1/5 above bottom)
    (move: center, 1/5 from top -> 1/3 from right, 1/5 from bottom)
4. follow Reimu to right, then to left, then to right, then, slowly to left (don't reach left before Reimu do in the last "left")
    (move: 1/3 from right, 1/5 from bottom -> right -> left -> right -> 1/5 from left -> left)
5. do #2, #3 again, but avoid lots of frogs
    (move: left -> center top -> 1/3 from right, 1/5 from bottom)
6. follow Reimu to right, and to left, and the card should be done.

Nue's third card (my route):
1. start center, dodge first wave, stream 2nd wave down
2. move back to center
3. make a somewhat small circle to stream all the other aimed bullets while dodging stray stuff.

Animiko

« Reply #971 on: September 05, 2011, 04:51:46 AM »
 :flowerpower:

« Reply #972 on: September 05, 2011, 06:08:42 AM »
I'm back here, requesting help this time for UFO.

Sinker Ghost - This is so much harder than Princess Tenko/Yukari's Spiriting Away. Murasa seems to be trying to pick the position most likely to screw you to go to next each time. Any strategy would be helpful.

Star Maelstrom - I have no idea how to go about with this.

Devil's Recitation - Anything other than "just dodge"? The last part screws me up a lot.

On the bright side, I finally captured Mega Flare :)

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #973 on: September 05, 2011, 07:25:01 AM »
Sinker Ghost
I used to have lots of trouble with this card too, then somehow I became able to do it.
I think you need take note of the first and second position that Murasa moves to, and then get somewhat close so that you can start your circling around without Murasa going in random places.
When you are circling, I think basically you move unfocused in a curve between the inner ring and outer ring of a wave, and then you focus when necessary to go through a couple of rings.

Star Maelstrom
Stay anywhere between center and 1/4 from bottom, concentrate on lasers, and tap either down or left/right when star fires.
You need to get comfortable reading the curving lasers though.

Devil Resuscitation
Make sure you direct the aimed bubble in a rhythm sort of, so that you don't get walled by that.
Toward the end, you would die easily if you stay less than 1/4 from bottom, so try to move up and look on the sides.

« Reply #974 on: September 08, 2011, 07:10:31 PM »
What was the pattern on Sanae's second boss card again? I don't remember how to properly handle it to avoid getting walled.

« Reply #975 on: September 08, 2011, 07:38:06 PM »
Moses Miracle? There are aimed elements to it. I haven't formulated a specific strategy since I'm pretty good at predicting it. Its streaming. Make sure to make some dashes to avoid the blue waves.

Zil

« Reply #976 on: September 08, 2011, 11:28:41 PM »
In UFO stage 5 (I forget the name of the spellcard) the one where there are huge green lasers spinning across the screen, do those red circle/glyph things that keep appearing on you do anything, or are they just "for show"?

« Reply #977 on: September 08, 2011, 11:35:22 PM »
That's where the lasers are going to move next.

Zil

« Reply #978 on: September 09, 2011, 12:10:30 AM »
Wow. I never knew that. I'll try to make use of it.  :)

« Reply #979 on: September 09, 2011, 03:18:55 PM »
How to do Suwa War so I don't have a repeat of

this

« Reply #980 on: September 09, 2011, 03:43:50 PM »
You went to the top of the screen too early. You are supposed to stay at the top of the screen until the timer gets to around 7 or 6 seconds.

Like in this video

« Reply #981 on: September 10, 2011, 02:52:21 PM »
Is there a good way to do Mokou's last three nonspells? I realize that the rings of death are just utter BS and I don't reasonably expect to do that without bombing, but I always seem to panic and bomb the two before that, and I'd like to hopefully get through the rings of death with one bomb instead of two.

marukyuu

• "Why always ATAI?"
  • The strongest striker...?
« Reply #982 on: September 10, 2011, 05:47:36 PM »
Mystic Square Extra :V

I hate that card midboss. Both of its attacks are giving me a headache.
More often than not I get walled by the fast curving pattern even though I can find gaps in the pellet spray where I can move pretty safely - Is there a way to predict how the walls will curve?
The second attack looks like it's static, and finding safe spots should be a matter of practice, but I'd still like some tips on positioning.

Thanks.
<-- Sig by Suikama

« Reply #983 on: September 10, 2011, 07:17:31 PM »
Is there a good way to do Mokou's last three nonspells? I realize that the rings of death are just utter BS and I don't reasonably expect to do that without bombing, but I always seem to panic and bomb the two before that, and I'd like to hopefully get through the rings of death with one bomb instead of two.

They are just dodging. Not really any trick to use. You just need to practice until you can do it.
Also. rings of death is not BS. But you shouldn't worry about bombing it. Its very hard.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #984 on: September 13, 2011, 03:18:09 AM »
Assistance, please.

The first and last Suika's Recollection spells, and Yukari's Recollection spells ;-;

« Reply #985 on: September 13, 2011, 04:09:05 AM »
Assistance, please.

The first and last Suika's Recollection spells, and Yukari's Recollection spells ;-;

Suika's

Dodge, some misdirection may be required
Staying on the edges helps

Yukari's

Dodge
Try to stream properly
Safespot it for SCORE, or memorize it

Zil

« Reply #986 on: September 13, 2011, 04:27:19 AM »
Mystic Square Extra :V

I hate that card midboss. Both of its attacks are giving me a headache.
More often than not I get walled by the fast curving pattern even though I can find gaps in the pellet spray where I can move pretty safely - Is there a way to predict how the walls will curve?
The second attack looks like it's static, and finding safe spots should be a matter of practice, but I'd still like some tips on positioning.

Thanks.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to predict the orientation of the walls. I usually tried to find a space among the small bullets where I could move either left or right. Using a fast character (Mima) also helps considerably. I would also try to stay under the mid-boss, and closer than the bottom of the screen, so there aren't alot of small bullets still lingering around you. As for it's second attack, the bullets will kind of form rows which you can easily move through; I found that moving a bit either left or right (whichever way was neccessary to follow the mid-boss) was usually enough. Also shotgunning can shorten both of these attacks by a great deal. The first thing it does is probobly one of the hardest parts of the whole stage though, so if you're just going for a clear, it's not really a disaster if you have to bomb it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 04:31:44 AM by Zil »

« Reply #987 on: September 14, 2011, 10:02:36 PM »
Okay, I've been trying to utterly humiliate Ran by beating her pacifist. Just Ran, not the stage. I'm not good enough to do the stage yet. :V So you would think I would actually know how to get all her cards consistently.

You would think.

Mostly it's Charming Siege from All Sides and Shikigami's Shot - Unilateral Contact that have been screwing me up. I'd be willing to take a derp hit here and there, but not the ridiculous amounts of hits these cards have been getting on me.

Also, Red Oni Blue Oni. I usually just bomb this and forget, but I'd like to be able to have a method for actually capping it.

« Reply #988 on: September 14, 2011, 10:17:20 PM »
memorize it

What he is trying to say is, read n' dodge. Be careful not to make too big movements and move out of the way when she throws the semi-wall.  ;)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #989 on: September 15, 2011, 04:13:52 PM »
Okay, I've been trying to utterly humiliate Ran by beating her pacifist. Just Ran, not the stage. I'm not good enough to do the stage yet. :V So you would think I would actually know how to get all her cards consistently.

You would think.

Mostly it's Charming Siege from All Sides and Shikigami's Shot - Unilateral Contact that have been screwing me up. I'd be willing to take a derp hit here and there, but not the ridiculous amounts of hits these cards have been getting on me.

Also, Red Oni Blue Oni. I usually just bomb this and forget, but I'd like to be able to have a method for actually capping it.

For Charming Siege, you'll want to watch where the top of the "region" of aqua shots you're in is moving.  That'll help you read the movements of the rest of the space more easily.  It's not easy by any stretch, so don't get too discouraged.

As for Unilateral Contact, I never bothered trying to capture it, but if you can react quickly, you can use the little circle of space right near Ran after she's done firing to avoid most of the dodging you'd have to do.  (Note how when the bullets start to spin, there's that section where they don't go into.  Utilize it if you've got the reflexes to dodge the next wave she fires well.)  It won't work forever, IIRC, since I'm pretty sure the spell speeds up over time, but it'll make it potentially a bit easier for the beginning at least.

Red Oni, Blue Oni is a bit of a pain.  I usually start out up right in front of Chen, and stream downwards for the first wave.  Then, stream the shots left and right until you get the capture, obviously moving up or down as appropriate.  Sometimes the randomly firing non-homing bullets can give you some troublesome situations, but this has been the method by which I've been able to capture that spell the most. 
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!