Author Topic: "Haaaaaaaaaalp ;O;" (Spell Card Help Topic: III)  (Read 186614 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Re: "Haaaaaaaaaalp ;O;" (Spell Card Help Topic: III)
« Reply #930 on: August 19, 2011, 09:53:21 PM »
Go play Yukari's Last Word

I haven't unlocked it
I'm terrible at Touhou

« Reply #931 on: August 20, 2011, 07:24:21 AM »
Lyrica's solo card on Normal.

« Reply #932 on: August 20, 2011, 07:26:02 PM »
You might want to watch replays before you come asking for help. I cannot provide you one since I upgraded PCB to Ultra mode. Go here.

Lyrica is by far the easiest sister you can get to. Its a really easy card once you understand it. And its not really rocket science either.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #933 on: August 21, 2011, 01:57:17 AM »
Kanako's 3rd nonspell on lunatic. This attack destroyed me on my previous pacifist attempt.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #934 on: August 21, 2011, 02:19:55 AM »
Lyrica is by far the easiest sister you can get to. Its a really easy card once you understand it. And its not really rocket science either.
Um, not necessarily in normal mode, where Lunasa might be easier.
You basically have to dodge everything by finding a place to sit still near the bottom of the screen if I don't remember wrong.
The waves are very nearly but not exactly aligned with each other, and you can clip.

« Reply #935 on: August 21, 2011, 09:31:12 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15461

Here is a replay. I don't know what Lunasa's card is like but if its easier then the solution is quite simple really. Shoot her instead of Lyrica. What I do know of Lyrica's card is that its still ungodly easy even if it does require you to dodge a few bullets instead of the, stupidly enough, less difficult Hard and Lunatic version which requires you to just casually moving a bit to the side and resetting to the center afterwards.

I hope the replay will help you Glimmer. its really just dodging. If you can't do it, then you just need to practice it. There is no trick here.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #936 on: August 21, 2011, 01:10:30 PM »
Is it possible to get the third extend(12 pieces) in th13 extra without suiciding for trance?
Signature

« Reply #937 on: August 21, 2011, 08:49:36 PM »
Kanako's 3rd nonspell on lunatic. This attack destroyed me on my previous pacifist attempt.

Going in counterclockwise circles around the middle of the screen is how I do it, to time it out (which I can't do) I think having a wider scope when reading, or going through the walls would work (assuming Reimu).

I'd love to see the replay if you make another run. Do you think you could 1cc the whole game with bombing allowed?
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #938 on: August 21, 2011, 09:18:33 PM »
Going in counterclockwise circles around the middle of the screen is how I do it, to time it out (which I can't do) I think having a wider scope when reading, or going through the walls would work (assuming Reimu).

I'd love to see the replay if you make another run. Do you think you could 1cc the whole game with bombing allowed?
That's how I do it as well. The problem is, you spend more time right of Kanako than left,
so Kanako slowly drifts to the very right side, and then the bullets bounce back from wall too soon, and you screw up / get walled.
It's not a problem at all for the 5 or so seconds it takes to kill it, but when you need to survive 60 seconds, it's hard.
I was thinking timing out shouldn't be hard, went to try it myself, and got slaughtered.

« Reply #939 on: August 21, 2011, 10:10:20 PM »
Ok, I attempted Kanako's 3rd non spell.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15472

In this replay I first dodge through walls, then during the second half I dodge in rough circles at the bottom of the screen, slightly to the left. Doing it this way only I was able to get a 1DNB of the attack just now, being prepared to go through walls is always helpful.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:00:03 AM by Gargantuan Catfish »

Immortal Momiji!

mikeKOSA

« Reply #940 on: August 22, 2011, 12:37:04 AM »
Thanks a lot for the help, just got a 1DNB. Here is the pacifist run Kanako only. It's pretty terrible but it's a clear anyway.

Do you think you could 1cc the whole game with bombing allowed?

No, I don't think so. But it might be possible to reach Stage 6 or at least Sanae.

« Reply #941 on: August 23, 2011, 04:26:04 PM »
Thanks a lot for the help, just got a 1DNB. Here is the pacifist run Kanako only. It's pretty terrible but it's a clear anyway.

No, I don't think so. But it might be possible to reach Stage 6 or at least Sanae.

When I read that you got a 1DNB I thought you meant the whole run  :V Amazing timeout of her opener anyway, and I'd like to see you you try the whole game. I know Hina's and Aya's final cards get pretty hard when timed out.

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #942 on: August 23, 2011, 07:59:54 PM »
Anyone got anything for Xu Fu's Dimension? I just cannot make any sense of that card, even after watching a load of replays. I either die from running into blue amulets, die from not moving soon enough and getting hit by the aimed bullets, or die from what I can only assume is red amulets spawning on top of me, because I can't see what else would be killing me on those occasions.

And while I'm on the subject, any advice for Ihakasa's Moon Curse that doesn't involve circling Mokou (since I'm using Netherworld Team, and the circling is best with Yukari since she can still be hitting Mokou while above her)? I can do it, just not consistently, and I can't find any pattern from my own replays from when I have cleared it.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #943 on: August 23, 2011, 09:24:48 PM »
Anyone got anything for Xu Fu's Dimension? I just cannot make any sense of that card, even after watching a load of replays. I either die from running into blue amulets, die from not moving soon enough and getting hit by the aimed bullets, or die from what I can only assume is red amulets spawning on top of me, because I can't see what else would be killing me on those occasions.

And while I'm on the subject, any advice for Ihakasa's Moon Curse that doesn't involve circling Mokou (since I'm using Netherworld Team, and the circling is best with Yukari since she can still be hitting Mokou while above her)? I can do it, just not consistently, and I can't find any pattern from my own replays from when I have cleared it.

The bullet hitboxes are a lot smaller than one might think :/
The only advice I have here is 'try to squeeze in between them.'

I don't have a particular strategy for Ihakasa, but my captures ususally involve diagonally dodging through green bullets, and herding knives to one side before moving to the other.

Sorry for being so unhelpful D:

« Reply #944 on: August 24, 2011, 12:12:00 AM »
I can't help you with Ihakasa's Moon Curse (that's one I have a problem with too, I was on the verge of asking about it here but wanted to try and figure it out myself for a bit longer. Thanks for saving me the trouble :3)

But I can help you with Xu Fu's Dimension. Fly down to the bottom of the screen, then tap just a tiny bit upwards (to give you some idea, the Boundary Team doesn't need the upward tap). There's a horizontal line that's a pseudo-safespot: everything except the red amulets and the rice pellets can't hit you. When the blue amulets are coming, dash to the opposite side to misdirect the rice pellets, then dodge between the red amulets before they start flying up.

Once you get used to doing this, you'll probably find that the "Deathless" in the card's title is no exaggeration. ^_^

« Reply #945 on: August 24, 2011, 12:48:18 AM »
Ihakasa is pretty much streaming the knives and getting through the openings.

Oh, and here's a timeout demonstration, just skip to 5 minutes 38 seconds into the vid

mikeKOSA

« Reply #946 on: August 24, 2011, 01:58:57 AM »
I know Hina's and Aya's final cards get pretty hard when timed out.

Aya's final card is still pretty easy when timed out but Hina's a killer. There is also Sanae's 2nd spellcard that can wall you depending on her position and the only spellcard I haven't timed out yet on lunatic. Any help on that one is greatly appreciated.

« Reply #947 on: August 24, 2011, 09:31:55 PM »
But I can help you with Xu Fu's Dimension. Fly down to the bottom of the screen, then tap just a tiny bit upwards (to give you some idea, the Boundary Team doesn't need the upward tap). There's a horizontal line that's a pseudo-safespot: everything except the red amulets and the rice pellets can't hit you. When the blue amulets are coming, dash to the opposite side to misdirect the rice pellets, then dodge between the red amulets before they start flying up.

Once you get used to doing this, you'll probably find that the "Deathless" in the card's title is no exaggeration. ^_^

Yeah, I'd pretty much figured I needed to be at the bottom, since everywhere else will kill me in seconds. Once there, it's a case of blue amulets don't harm me, red ones do (just like familiars on human partners in IN then). I'll give your advice a run and see how I get on. Thanks :)

Ihakasa is pretty much streaming the knives and getting through the openings.

Oh, and here's a timeout demonstration, just skip to 5 minutes 38 seconds into the vid

Looking at that replay I seem to have the right idea at least. Looks like i just need to practice dodging between the gaps in the green bullets and focusing on more than two elements at a time. as it's usually the third in those instances that kills me!

« Reply #948 on: August 26, 2011, 12:52:43 AM »

Not to return on a topic that was already looked at but, is it based on a ranking system like EOSD plays for which sister you go up against or is it based on a RNG? Every time and I mean every time I practice or even play I always go up against Lyrica first, the Trio, Merlin, then finally the Trio for a final time. I've only seen Lyrica three times and Lunasa once. Watched a replay just now where Merlin actually started the fight before the Trio the first time. I was blown away but I'm not sure if that was because a different character was used.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #949 on: August 26, 2011, 01:24:06 AM »
The first sister you go up against is based on which character you are using (Reimu = Lunasa, Marisa = Lyrica, Sakuya = Merlin). The next sister is decided by who is damaged the most in the first spellcard.

« Reply #950 on: August 26, 2011, 10:25:32 AM »
For some reason I have much more difficulty with Utsuho than Orin, even though she's supposed to be easier. I have captured all of Orin's spells at least once, but for Utsuho I've only captured Blazing Star - Fixed Star. Nuclear Fusion usually screws me due to the density and the length of the spellcard. Mega Flare I might be able to get but still keep screwing up on. Hell and Heaven Meltdown is the worst, destroying most of my runs where I tried to unlock practice (I've unlocked it now), I'm terrible at reading bullets from two directions that don't go really slow. Finally the 2nd wave of Subterranean Sun screws me over too.

Here's a replay, any advice is appreciated: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=15576 (Note: the nonspell deaths were derps, I wasn't really looking)

Also, I have no idea how to do Moriya's Iron Ring (One miraculous luck capture) and Jade of the Horrid River. How exactly do I manipulate these spells to give me space?

« Reply #951 on: August 26, 2011, 11:49:22 AM »
Well. Orin has some hard spells but she is mostly about understanding how to deal with her rather than raw dodging skill. That is why people like me usually get better Orin runs than Utsuho runs. Not that my runs against either aren't usually pretty good.  :trollface

But there is of course a few things I can tell you about Utsuho. She is almost entirely about dodging things. The first card is difficult. The suns are aimed at your position so you could experiment with misdirection. The second card is pure dodging too. Look for where you think the suns will be smallest. Where the gaps will be largest. Its hard to predict but doable when you get into it.

« Reply #952 on: August 26, 2011, 01:02:09 PM »
Also, I have no idea how to do Moriya's Iron Ring (One miraculous luck capture) and Jade of the Horrid River. How exactly do I manipulate these spells to give me space?
In Moriya's Iron Ring, start under Suwako, wait until the ring is about to hit you, then dash unfocused around the rings to the top of the screen, staying relatively close to where the rings are spawning. Then move back down on the side you didn't choose. This should cause most of the smaller rings to stay out of your way. Try and keep using the same side until it looks impossible; you should be able to move that way at least once past the first time before switching sides.

In Jade of the Horrid River, try and move as little as possible. When the rivers start collapsing, the bullets are all aimed at you. Stream down, then dash to the bottom once you see the last bullets start moving. Then get into position for the next river and repeat.

EDIT: Come to think of it...

What is the best way to get through the stage portion of 10D Extra? I'm used to using Reimu and trivializing everything, but now that I've switched to Marisa for a better shot at Mamizou I just cannot seem to get there without wasting resources. Also, I almost never get through the midboss' second card unscathed; should I trance or bomb here?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:13:22 PM by Malkyrian »

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #953 on: August 26, 2011, 03:15:46 PM »
Also, I almost never get through the midboss' second card unscathed; should I trance or bomb here?
I usually trance there, instead of the live pieces before midboss, since it doesn't make much of a difference, because you usually won't reach the 12-piece extend.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 03:20:03 PM by Kanon »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #954 on: August 26, 2011, 06:17:15 PM »
道符「TAO胎動  ~道~」
How can I have a better chance at beating th13 fourth boss's Overdrive?
I usually do it by moving center, left, center, right, repeat.
But I usually get walled by stupid lasers or stupid bullets.
Is there any easier way to beat the card?
Signature

« Reply #955 on: August 27, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »
Moriya's Iron Ring is pretty good now, but I'm still trying to figure out Jade of the Horrid River. However, I've run into another problem.

Red Frog in the Fourth Year of the Houei Era.

I know the frogs are somehow targeted at you, yet I can't seem to get this card to work right. It destroyed two of my lives just now, and I would definitely have beated Extra had it not been for this (Died with Misghauji-sama at around 1/5 health left). Also, does anyone have any tips for Star Ritual for Divine Winds? It's one of three cards on normal I haven't captured (The other two are Misayama and Mountain of Faith).

Regarding Utsuho, I guess I just have to get better. Maybe I'll somehow just get it like with Orin.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #956 on: August 27, 2011, 04:09:45 PM »
Jade of Horrid River
1st wave - go to the top (opening of the river), stream down slowly.
2nd wave, stay at bottom, move up through gap before it closes, stream up.
Repeat until dead.

Red Frog
You can watch some videos. Basically, don't move too far away or too much to control the frogs.
You want to move as little as possible and right after the frog moves.
You will eventually have to circle around to the other side as you run out of room.
Try to keep the 2 frogs nearby so you can move just a little bit to dodge them.
Also, anticipate when you might get walled by the red walls and move out of the way.

Star Ritual to Call the Godly Winds
I can only advice find a place where the blue walls won't get you, and dodge the red best as you can.
It's also semi-static in that it will be the same way if you do the same movements every time.

« Reply #957 on: August 28, 2011, 07:38:16 AM »
Regarding Utsuho, I guess I just have to get better. Maybe I'll somehow just get it like with Orin.

That's pretty much it yes. Also. If you have trouble on Utsuho's fourth non-spell; Move in the opposite direction as her.
Other than that, its a boss that really doesn't have any tricks. You just gotta be good.  ;)

« Reply #958 on: August 28, 2011, 08:29:29 AM »
道符「TAO胎動  ~道~」
How can I have a better chance at beating th13 fourth boss's Overdrive?
I usually do it by moving center, left, center, right, repeat.
But I usually get walled by stupid lasers or stupid bullets.
Is there any easier way to beat the card?

Just slash away at both bosses when using youmu. As for other characters do what you did before, but don't get walled by stupid lasers or stupid bullets  :D

« Reply #959 on: September 01, 2011, 12:12:18 AM »
Any advice for Silver Dragon? It's one of the only cards of Patchouli's I haven't captured.
(Also I think this is about to reach the post limit)