Author Topic: Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream Endings (spoilers lol)  (Read 5106 times)

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream Endings (spoilers lol)
« on: December 04, 2009, 01:41:12 AM »
So I found scripts for all the endings. I don't know if everyone knows yet what the characters ended up wishing for, so here you go.

Note that my Japanese isn't great, but this stuff was fairly easy to read. Even so, there might be small errors here and there.

EDIT -- Note that I'm only putting synopses here because of the lack of a PoDD translation and because I've heard interest in it in the past. If you're not willing to read, then... don't. >_>

Reimu
Reimu wishes for something to help her with the cleaning around the shrine, since there's quite a bit of sweeping to do. Yumemi decides to give her Ruukoto, her and Chiyuri's house's cleaning robot. Later, Marisa comes over to the shrine to see her.

Mima
Mima wishes for the moon to stop, so that she can bask in her full power all the time. Yumemi... puts the full moon into geosynchronous orbit. Afterwards, Mima goes to heckle Reimu.

Marisa
When asked what she wanted, she goes "I want you!" to Yumemi and then Chiyuri, both of whom refuse. Jokes(?) aside, she wishes for some kind of "magical" weapon, one used in the human world(since Yumemi is only human, she can't grant any sort of real magical wishes). Later, Marisa goes over to Reimu's shrine with an ICBM that she named Mimi-chan.

Ellen
Ellen asks for a ridiculously profitable shop. When asked what to name it, she says "Fuwafuwa Ellen Mahou no O-mise", or "Ellen's Fluffy Magic Shop". They build it in kind of an out of the way place, so before it opens, she decides to go advertise, but Reimu visits anyway wondering what the hell she's doing. Turns out it's on the shrine grounds.

Kotohime
Kotohime, being the self-proclaimed "police" of Gensokyo, isn't after anything in particular. She was just investigating the commotion, and since the humans of other worlds aren't under her jurisdiction, she just wants them to leave. But since they insist, Kotohime demands the miko she ran into on the way there. And thus, Reimu is put into prison because Kotohime was bored with the lack of criminals around the neighborhood.

Kana
Kana's bummed that the residence she's haunting isn't fun anymore since even though she makes a lot of noise, the person living there isn't scared at all. She wants to go haunt somewhere else, so naturally, Yumemi makes her possess the Hakurei shrine instead. Reimu is not happy. Who knows if she'll ever exorcise her?

Rikako
Rikako wants their SCIENCE(since Yumemi and Chiyuri's world is five centuries ahead of Gensokyo, apparently). Yumemi gives her a book with lots of knowledge and stuff. It's actually a very basic book, but since they're so far ahead, giving her something more advanced would be silly. It's possibly on chemistry. Rikako notes that this kind of technology could one day bring peace to Gensokyo(even though it's already peaceful).

Chiyuri
Having proven her worth, Yumemi wants to take her back to do research on. They decide to go back with the data they've collected, and Yumemi thanks her. Umm, there's something about there being two Chiyuris(did Yumemi duplicate her? I don't know enough about the characters), one in Gensokyo and one in their world. It ends with the three of them living a noisy lifestyle afterwards.

Yumemi
Yumemi jokes that even if she had lost the result would have been the same(save for actually having a game over since it's her route, she notes in an aside). Anyway, they got enough data, so they go back and Yumemi gets it all in order. Then they go to some kind of academic conference and everything they found gets shot down. Yumemi is distressed. They end up going back to Gensokyo for more data afterwards(bringing it full circle).

...What the hell is with all the characters in this game ;_; and why is Marisa acting like a lesbian
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 01:45:35 AM by Darkslime »

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream Endings (spoilers lol)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 02:22:53 AM »
In Chiyuri's scenario the Chiyuri you play as is an exact double of the Chiyuri you fight. This is never explained further. :V

Still, thanks a lot. Even summaries make this make a lot more sense.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 02:37:39 AM »
itg everyone picks on raymoo

But it's awesome that Kana's at the shrine.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 03:35:30 AM »
Later, Marisa goes over to Reimu's shrine with an ICBM that she named Mimi-chan.
Is it just me, or does the idea of a touhou character with an actual bomb/gun/modern weaponry feel like a step DOWN in firepower?

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 04:53:35 AM »
Is it just me, or does the idea of a touhou character with an actual bomb/gun/modern weaponry feel like a step DOWN in firepower?

It is. Proved by the Nitori missiles in SA :V

TL777 ✌

• Fuwa fuwa desu~~~
  • Do you know what time it is?
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 09:08:43 AM »
Marisa
When asked what she wanted, she goes "I want you!" to Yumemi and then Chiyuri, both of whom refuse. Jokes(?)
Marisa is Uncle Sam. :V

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 02:52:04 PM »
Wow, so my prediction that Kana is haunting the Hakurei Shrine is actually true. Score!

Now if only the little poltergeist would make another appearance someday...

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 04:09:03 PM »
Kourin + gunbrella = step up imho :D (Chiyuri's gun would be another example, but the series' setting doesn't involve serious fights, currently, because of the spellcard system. It would be hard to have guns and not have serious fights.)

Chiyuri's scenario is confusing, it seems (according to the scenario translation) that she can use magic against the AI version of herself, according to Yumemi.

Silly endings are nice :D

edit: something that caught my attention the moment I've read it, but forgot soon, and remembered now: in b4 "Kogasa is actually Kana" :p
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 04:28:34 PM by shadowbringer »
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.