Author Topic: Gensokyo Tower Defense 2  (Read 3425 times)

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Gensokyo Tower Defense 2
« on: May 17, 2012, 03:20:03 AM »
http://atn-factory.jp/gtd2/

Stumbled upon this while looking to redownload the 1.05 patch for GTD (which I just installed on my new computer). The page isn't really translating well, though, so I have no idea what it says. I can tell a few things from the screenshots, though. Only Reimu is shown, and it looks like she has the same towers, although the spirit-sucking field seems to be gone; that box looks empty. There's also a box to the side, but I don't know what it's for (it also appears to be empty). You can clearly see that score totals are higher, and it looks like there's a point multiplier now. There's some new counter beneath the health and power totals, an x/y counter that means I have no idea what. There's also a screenshot where Reimu has 25 health, whereas GTD1 starts you with 20 and has no way to gain health. Reimu's graphic seems to have a bar beneath it, too, but I don't know what it's for. Probably a visual representation of the SP counter below it, which suggests some sort of special abilities. Oh, and you can also see that there are now different entrance/exit configurations, and those don't seem to be entirely stage-specific; there are two screenshots that appear to be on the same stage but have different entrance/exit configurations (although they are on different difficulty levels, so that may have something to do with it).

I could probably say a lot more if I had any idea what the text on that page says, but I don't, so someone else'll have to do that.

EDIT: Jut noticed two more things. There's a counter underneath the enemy images now, which I'm assuming tells you how many enemies are in the wave, and how many of those are still alive. There's also an enemy box that shows both Lily and Rumia, implying combined waves. And the tower boxes on the field all have five indicators, which I would assume fill in as they're upgraded. But you can clearly see that there are different colors of filled-in indicators. I'm seeing red, blue, and green, which I'm thinking may represent power, range, and speed, suggesting that you now select a stat for each upgrade level. There also seems to be more stuff in the 'selected tower's status' area, including red, blue, and green buttons that likely correspond to upgrade types.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 03:35:04 AM by GuyYouMetOnline »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Gensokyo Tower Defense 2
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 11:34:07 PM »
That x/y gear counter thing seems to be your limited number of towers, because if you count the towers in the images, it corresponds exactly.

I believe the demo was released at a previous event like comiket or something, I don't remember when the full version is supposed to be out.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 03:33:34 AM »
Maybe at Re... Rie... whatever the hell it's called? The Touhou convention thing?

Also, I haven't actually been able to find a demo (or any mention of the game at all other than the page I linked to); I don't uppose anyone has a link?

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 04:17:45 AM »
Maybe at Re... Rie... whatever the hell it's called? The Touhou convention thing?

Also, I haven't actually been able to find a demo (or any mention of the game at all other than the page I linked to); I don't uppose anyone has a link?

Reiteisai?

I tried the original... I can't understand the game, let alone play it well (I'm bad at Desktop Tower Defense & it's variants; the game it is based on).

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 07:39:20 AM »
Reiteisai?

I tried the original... I can't understand the game, let alone play it well (I'm bad at Desktop Tower Defense & it's variants; the game it is based on).

Yeah, that.

And it's not a very hard game to play even without knowing the language. The GTD page on the Touhou wiki has everything you need to know, including lists of each character's towers, what they do, and upgrade costs and effects. Although even reading it there isn't too necessary; you're likely to experiment with them all anyways to find what works for you. I've been getting very good results with Marisa by funneling the two enemy groups together and filling the path with area-effect towers, which Marisa has plenty of. Oreries Sun, the one with the circling balls, seems to work especially well, as do correctly-positioned lasers (you want them at the ends of corridors to catch a whole row of enemies in one shot). Works wonders against normal waves, even Lily and Mystia waves (although you may want an Earth Light Ray tower-the one with the orange symbol-or two; it can only hit Lily and Mystia, but it does tend to do very well against them, and helps make up for the fact that regular lasers can't hit them). I do tend to have trouble with boss waves, though.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 09:41:58 AM »
Well, I am already bad at DTD, and a lot of TD followed the same concept (especially trying to do the juggling, hate that).

In short, any TD will do, just not DTD style.