Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?  (Read 223655 times)

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?
« Reply #390 on: December 23, 2011, 07:19:35 AM »
UFO Lunatic 1cc

My god, what did LFS do to me?
It would have been nice to have some ability to fight Byakuren, but figured I'd be able to strong-arm my way through that battle, and I guess I was right. I used ReimuA for this, because I just can't get used to Sanae's faster movement. Now only Ten Desires remains and I will have 1cced every Windows game. I've also got MS and LLS done, so maybe I'll turn to those first three games as well, just to say I've got everything 1cced.

(It's funny how you can beat my entire score in stage 6 alone.)

Damn straight, congratulations! Reimu's cooler than Sanae anyway, glad to hear you've finally pulled it off!
Didn't know TD was your last Windows game, too; I won't be able to play for at least a week starting tomorrow, so I won't be able to play until some time after the New Year, which is why I haven't even started yet, so you'll probably beat me to it there.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:24:12 AM by Lepetit89 »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #391 on: December 23, 2011, 07:31:16 AM »
UFO Lunatic 1cc

My god, what did LFS do to me?
It would have been nice to have some ability to fight Byakuren, but figured I'd be able to strong-arm my way through that battle, and I guess I was right. I used ReimuA for this, because I just can't get used to Sanae's faster movement. Now only Ten Desires remains and I will have 1cced every Windows game.

Hee hee, it brings a smile to my face to see more people 1ccing UFO. Congratulations!

I've also got MS and LLS done, so maybe I'll turn to those first three games as well, just to say I've got everything 1cced.

Yes, and then we can talk about the decimal games.

C'mon, if you go so far as to 1cc HRtP and PoDD on lunatic, you may as well do the fighting games as well. >:D
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zil

« Reply #392 on: December 23, 2011, 08:20:26 AM »
Damn straight, congratulations! Reimu's cooler than Sanae anyway, glad to hear you've finally pulled it off!
Didn't know TD was your last Windows game, too; I won't be able to play for at least a week starting tomorrow, so I won't be able to play until some time after the New Year, which is why I haven't even started yet, so you'll probably beat me to it there.
Hopefully. I hear it's the easiest one, so it would be pretty weird if I didn't finish it before the New Year. ;) (Might even do do it within 24 hours)
C'mon, if you go so far as to 1cc HRtP and PoDD on lunatic, you may as well do the fighting games as well. >:D
My goal is to 1cc all of the main games before January 22nd, which would be the anniversary of the first day I played Touhou. Assuming those PC-98 games don't give me hell, I think I can do it.
After that I'll think about the decimal ones. I've already done StB and DS, but those fighting games...
I'll do them when I'm good and ready. :V
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:26:21 AM by Zil »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #393 on: December 23, 2011, 08:50:53 AM »
Hopefully. I hear it's the easiest one, so it would be pretty weird if I didn't finish it before the New Year. ;) (Might even do do it within 24 hours)My goal is to 1cc all of the main games before January 22nd, which would be the anniversary of the first day I played Touhou. Assuming those PC-98 games don't give me hell, I think I can do it.
After that I'll think about the decimal ones. I've already done StB and DS, but those fighting games...

Anniversary? Good grief, my anniversary is just a few days earlier than that, but this one's my third. You guys are crazy fast, good grief!

You shouldn't underestimate TD, though, nothing good can come from that, but I'm paranoid, so whatever.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:54:49 AM by Lepetit89 »

« Reply #394 on: December 23, 2011, 09:38:29 AM »
And just when I thought nothing in the world could cap the perfect Yuyuko...guess what comes next?

PERFECT UTSUHO. And without ReimuA.

« Reply #395 on: December 23, 2011, 10:15:59 AM »
UFO Lunatic 1cc
quote]

Nice. Oh and you can consider TD cleared already. I'll give you 3 creds at most for that. :)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #396 on: December 23, 2011, 12:01:13 PM »
So this isn't exactly an accomplishment but more of a notice / request.

TD is easy. Perfecting Miko is also easy, which is what I've been doing. During this time, I wanted to see how hard a pacifist run of the stage would be - the first thing coming to mind, of course, are the stacked lasers.

Apparently, those are hard & fun, yeah, but the streaming fairies from all sides makes it neigh impossible. I've already managed a fairy->lasers transition before once, which is surprisingly hard. The impossible part, though, is the lasers->fairies transition. So yeah, if anyone manages (or managed??) to do that he will literally blow my mind.

And I was going to show a replay of the lasers part (in which I kill the fairies before and after) but I guess it's bugged or something.

(The fairies->lasers transition is done by streaming to one of the sides, going up and then returning to the center, all while dodging a full barrage of lasers. If you take it from the center you'll get walled by the exiting fairies.)

(Oh, and this was on normal. :V)

Zil

« Reply #397 on: December 23, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=17618

This is what you meant right? I pacified the stage portion on Normal. It was pretty wild, I have to say, and fun too. Didn't try Hard or Lunatic yet. Switching from lasers to fairies wasn't too bad, but the raw fairy swarm after that is a little, uh, dense.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:31:10 PM by Zil »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #398 on: December 23, 2011, 12:40:03 PM »
Yeah. Guess I didn't successfully reach the laser->fairies part enough times to see that it's not, well, impossible. Good job doing it so fast.  :toot:

I have no idea how harder / impossible this would be on Hard / Lunatic but I know I'm not going to try.

« Reply #399 on: December 23, 2011, 02:27:10 PM »
If anyone ever manages the lunatic version, make a video about it. My laptop starts exploding if i try this. Its like a framerate of 30FPS or something like that.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #400 on: December 23, 2011, 06:10:33 PM »
Hopefully. I hear it's the easiest one, so it would be pretty weird if I didn't finish it before the New Year. ;) (Might even do do it within 24 hours)My goal is to 1cc all of the main games before January 22nd, which would be the anniversary of the first day I played Touhou. Assuming those PC-98 games don't give me hell, I think I can do it.
Wow! Only 1 year? Congratz! It took me more than that to get my first lunatic, and now it's been 2 years, and I've only got to SA.
I'm scared of UFO (the last one!!!) - how much harder is it compared to SA lunatic (<-- God damn nightmare)?

As for TD, I can say that it won't be any harder than most of the lunatics (anything except SA/UFO). It's got easier patterns, but then it also gives you less lives (I mean PCB gives you 10, EoSD and MoF give you 8, but TD only gives you 7 unless you get lots of trance - if you can do that, you prob won't need the 8th life anyways), so you don't want to make many mistakes - which drains resource and screw up your trance meter.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 06:16:33 PM by Kanon »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #401 on: December 23, 2011, 06:13:44 PM »
Wow! Only 1 year? Congratz! It took me more than that to get my first lunatic, and now it's been 2 years, and I've only got to SA.
I'm scared of UFO (the last one!!!) - how much harder is it compared to SA lunatic (<-- God damn nightmare)?

As for TD, I can say that it won't be any harder than most of the lunatics (anything except SA/UFO). It's got easier patterns, but then it also gives you less lives (I mean PCB gives you 10, EoSD and MoF give you 8, but TD only gives you 7 unless you get lots of trance - if you can do that, you prob won't need the 8th live anyways).
Wait, TD gives you 7?  I've only ever gotten 6, and my blind run only got 4 but cleared anyway with a life to spare (normal, barely got the 6th life on my hard clear)

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #402 on: December 23, 2011, 06:39:01 PM »
Wait, TD gives you 7?  I've only ever gotten 6, and my blind run only got 4 but cleared anyway with a life to spare (normal, barely got the 6th life on my hard clear)
In my lunatic clear, I got the 7th life (luckily) at the end of Guse Flash (where I exited 0/0 and thought my run was doomed).
Of course, having no bombs, I died to the next spell (lol Miko's hardest spell).
Thanks to the last spell being so derp easy, I managed to clear anyways.
I kinda wished for the 8th life, but that'd require too much work, and to think that people have gotten the 9th life...

To get 7 lives (i.e. 5 "extra" lives) in total, I simply memorized where the life-carrying fairies are (usually before midboss, and before boss) and tranced (almost) all of them. Some of the deaths during bosses probably helped, since a few fragments can mean you don't reach the extend in time (in my case, when I was out of resources).

* and lol my normal clear was sooo bad that I finished like 0/2 or smthing, even got double KO'd by Miko's last spell, of all things.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 06:43:16 PM by Kanon »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #403 on: December 23, 2011, 07:23:33 PM »
YES, YUKARI, I WILL BOMB EVERY SINGLE WAVE OF DANMAKU BOUNDED FIELD IF I HAVE TO.

Only Koishi remains.

I didn't actually count the bombs I had left, it just happened. Wheee.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 07:25:06 PM by BT »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #404 on: December 23, 2011, 07:34:05 PM »
FUCK YOU RAN I FINALLY FUCKING DID IT
YEAH I BEAT EXTRA FINALLY

But also on the guy above me beating Phantasm, that's just fucking wonderful. Worst part is, your replay was uploaded right after my Extra clear. I feel overwhelmed and 1-up'd.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #405 on: December 23, 2011, 07:55:38 PM »
Sorry.  ::)

The only difference between the stages is that the stage portion is slightly harder and some of the cards are longer / harder, but not by a lot. The only one who got a significant boost is Youkai Laser --> Mesh of Light and Darkness. If you beat Ran, the only thing you need to do is get used to the stage and you'll get it eventually.

Zil

« Reply #406 on: December 23, 2011, 10:18:01 PM »
how much harder is it compared to SA lunatic (<-- God damn nightmare)?
In my experience, yes. I can clear SA without even thinking much about it, but UFO took everything I had. It's like jumping one or two more difficulty levels.

As for extra lives in TD, I'm finding the whole process to be stupid. It ecourages you to bomb-spam midbosses for extra fairies and trance through as much of the bosses as you can. Well you skip spells and get more lives, so I guess it's like compounded easiness.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #407 on: December 24, 2011, 12:15:14 AM »
 :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:
MOUNTAIN OF FAITH EXTRA PERFECT
Spell card histories of each spell after the perfect run:
Beautiful Mountain Spring like Suiga:   55/58
Ancient Fate Linked by Cedars: 52/55
Omiwatori God Crosses: 46/53
Party Start: 30/33 (lots of wallfairy failures until I adapted donut's strategy)
Long Arm and Long Leg: 25/30
Moriya's Iron Ring: 20/24
Jade of the Horrid River: 13/21
Snake Eats the Croaking Frog: 13/16
Seven Stones and Seven Trees: 13/15 (I never failed this in a perfect attempt, only spell for that to be true)
Froggy Braves the Elements: 8/15
Red Frog in Houei Era 4: 5/12
Suwa War Native Myth vs. Central Myth: 4/11
Mishaguji-sama: 5/10

It's done.
It's finally done.
Over 150 attempts total at the stage, a third of which reached Kanako.  20% of runs that reached her ended there.  25% of runs that got past Kanako ended before Suwako.  A mere 40% of the runs that reached Suwako reached 'the hard part', Froggy Braves the Elements. 
4 runs ended there.
3 ended on Red Frog.
3 ended on Suwa War.
1 ended on Mishaguji-sama.
and 1 run saw all 13 'spell card bonus' messages come up.
It was worth it, but I'm never perfecting an extra boss again. Probably.

Sure let's add my first capture of Yamato Torus to the list of things I did today.  and also a 2D1B VoWG, where I succesfully avoid the final 3rd of the health bar

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #408 on: December 24, 2011, 01:26:49 AM »
* Donut claps

Perfecting Suwako is an amaazing experience. Cherish it. :3

As for me, I just succeeded in the easiest of those unreasonable accomplishments that nagged at my mind a couple days after perfecting Byakuren: Perfecting Yoshika while also capturing all her spell cards. Even if it only took an hour, capturing her last spell card outside of spell practice was really annoying.

Why'd I do this?

Because I'm combining all my 10D perfects into one video! >o</ Coming soon to a channel near you!
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #409 on: December 24, 2011, 12:12:13 PM »
Holy. How. What? WHAT?

I DID IT?

The last few days have been really frustrating for me, at least in regards to this stage. I mean, yeah, sure, I cleared Mamizou, Mokou AND Yukari in such short notice, but this one was always a brick wall. That is, until I reached Genetics. And died four times. And then again, and I died three times and then two to the survival card. From then it only went downhill and I couldn't even get to Genetics anymore - I started getting stupid deaths on non-spells (the two red ones at the beginning are especially notorious), the reverse release of the ID spell which I suddenly got bad at, and then it even got to dying twice during the stage or dying on Danmaku Paranoia of all things.

I was really going to concede defeat. The stage wasn't overwhelming, but I realized why it is arguably the hardest Extra stage of them all - you're never safe. Only two cards did I capture consistently: her first, and Youkai Polygraph. You are ALWAYS prone to dying at any second of the fight. You can ruin your run at any given moment. Therefore, you have to be in top form. For the entire fight. Unless you're crazy good. With that realization, I was about to go back to trying to 1cc games on Hard, leaving Koishi and my all Extras in the series clear achievement to a later date.

Then I decided, since I'm stubborn like that, to have one more run before lunch. I decided that I had one shot - if I get to Koishi, no matter what happens, a game over and I'm taking a break. Of course, this would also mean a break from the stage for a long, long time. Considering how I hyped this one, simple attempt, I was nervous as fuck. This usually results in a bunch of mistakes, but I was so nervous that I made some extreme precise(/lucky!) dodges on Sanae's second and third cards, and perfected the stage. Whatever, this has happened before.

I then proceed to nervously capture every single non-spell and spell up to the one before Embers of Love, in which I do exceptionally well. Then came Embers of Love in which I still don't believe the extremely risky capture I had achieved.

Then, 2D Genetics. Considering that my average is, at the very least, 3 or 4 deaths, and that I was fairly consistent throughout the spell (again, compared to how I usually do), I was very, very satisfied with how I did.

Then I proceed to almost capture the survival card. At this point I had no idea what was going on.

Before this, I had only reached the survival card three times. I got a game over on it, three times. Two runs lost their final life, one run lost two final lives. This time, I had 3 lives. I exited with 2. (effectively 4, effectively 3)

Then, one more death to Subterranean Rose. I was bound to get at least one death as a result of my being nervous, I guess.

I proceed to bomb when needed until it's over. I clear the stage with one excess life. At this point I was celebrating with Suwako during the end sequence. I was... overjoyed.

I could not have wished for a better run for my final extra clear. That's it, all extra stages clear, I'm done!!!

Time for Hard 1ccs, then...

Edit: Did a little backtracking to make a list. :)

17/8/11 - Started playing.
19/9/11 - First 1cc on Normal. (EoSD)
20/10/11 - All games 1cc'd on Normal. (TD)
9/11/11 - First Extra clear. (MoF)
24/12/11 - All Extra clear. (SA)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:55:17 PM by BT »

Zil

« Reply #410 on: December 24, 2011, 01:06:57 PM »
all extra stages clear
Congratulations. It's definitely fun to get them all out of the way. ;)
I wish I could say I had a similar experience, but my last extra boss killed me over twenty times during the final pattern. There was no moment of enlightenment. Just rage.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #411 on: December 24, 2011, 05:38:37 PM »
all extra stages clear
Congratulations!
(at least for me) Koishi is quite brutal until you manage to clear it, then it becomes easier... subconscious manipulation??

Also, Congratz to Zil and Lepetit for UFO lunatic!
All of you guys are doing such awesome things, making me want to start working on the dreaded UFO lunatic... a 1cc probably won't come for a loooong time given my current ability. I mean, SA lunatic took quite a bit of effort, and it didn't even feel as hard as UFO does right now (dying many times in stage 2 and 3? Gosh I really need to do some grinding).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 05:40:24 PM by Kanon »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #412 on: December 24, 2011, 06:04:21 PM »
So apparently the Extra boss in Marine Benefit is completely different depending on which character you choose to fight her.

So here's Marisa's version.
And Sanae's version.

Got to say that these spellcards are still pretty creative.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #413 on: December 24, 2011, 07:54:48 PM »
So apparently the Extra boss in Marine Benefit is completely different depending on which character you choose to fight her.

So here's Marisa's version.
And Sanae's version.

Got to say that these spellcards are still pretty creative.
Now you made me want to play them...
Just 1cc'd normal with Reimu, on the first try. I noticed something: the boss doesn't drop items if you die during an attack??

« Reply #414 on: December 25, 2011, 05:44:51 AM »
Still working my way up the ladder.
...Uh wow, that would explain a lot. Went back to double-check my 1cc's and only one was on Normal. I thought they all were D:

SoEW Easy 1cc
MS Easy 1cc
LLS Normal 1cc
Unlocked Extra on all 3

« Reply #415 on: December 25, 2011, 09:22:09 AM »
First Clear of UFO Extra! Which I am quite happy with.

Rather good stage portion and no lives lost till Nue's 7th nonspell. Ended with 2 lives 2 bombs for what is probably my best first clear of an extra stage.

Now just EoSD, SA, and TD left! Likely in that order.

Merry Christmas Everyone! :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:24:04 AM by GuppyForce »

« Reply #416 on: December 25, 2011, 04:21:36 PM »
Perfected Miko. Now if only I could figure out how to upload the replay for proof.

Also, Marine Benefit extra clear on my first try. Got through the second survival as Reimu with only 1 bomb, to boot. (If you've seen Reimu's second survival, you know why that's an achievement.)

« Reply #417 on: December 25, 2011, 04:30:43 PM »
replays.gensokyo.org for replays.

« Reply #418 on: December 25, 2011, 04:44:24 PM »
Uh...I know that. I've been uploading quite a few of them on this thread. ._.

I meant I can't figure out how to upload Ten Desires replays from my comp to there, since the replays are stored separately unlike every other Touhou game. I've tried AppData>Local>VirtualStore>Program Files (x86), which was how I got them on my last comp. All that was in there was a folder with a non-Touhou game.

« Reply #419 on: December 25, 2011, 05:04:18 PM »
Then you have to go get the replays from your appdata>roaming>shanghaialice folder. (For Vista anyway. Check the manual for the game. It should hold the location for whatever OS you are running)

It can be irksome to find it on certain systems so i made a shortcut.