Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?  (Read 223459 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Touhou Accomplishments - Unlucky 13th?
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2011, 12:11:22 AM »
Weighing in on IN shot type choice:
Netherworld team for the win, I got my first 1ccs of easy, normal and lunatic with them.

Of course, that's not why I'm posting.
I'm posting because UFO ultra normal 1cc.

Drake

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2011, 05:13:43 AM »
Lunatic Kogasa Perfect and Ichirin Perfect in the same run.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2011, 08:36:54 AM »
Further overdrive timeouts of:
Yuyuko (in the cheap way, hugging one side of the screen), Yoshika, Soga, Futo (without doing damage to her though, might do that another time [Youmu is too annoying for that]), Miko

Two more left (Mamizou and Kyouko).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:44:27 AM by qno2 »

Zil

« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2011, 09:17:16 AM »
Two more left (Mamizou and Kyouko).
Mamizou's is the most fun, but Kyouku's took me more tries than Seiga's. I never hear anyone else complain about it though, so really, you've nearly done it. ;)

« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2011, 10:57:29 AM »
Mamizou's Overdrive is indeed fun. It is different from other cards though since you have to dodge things coming from two sides at once. Most stuff in Touhou comes from one direction which makes it easy to dodge it while thinking of completely unrelated matters but this one... let's just say that the slightest distraction means death!!

Speaking of which, I was able to avoid distraction so I got it in 3 attempts today. Yay!

EDIT: Okay, Yoshika's down too. That was pretty cool too. Lotsa bullets. Much easier on the brain than Wild Carpet although I actually had to spent more attempts on it in this sitting. It is easier though, no doubt about that. I feel that the majority of mistakes comes from me looking *HAHA, you spawn bullets there, I'll just move over here, and somehow keep moving to the area with the most bullets coming from the broadest variety of angles and then i'm like; uh... yeah.*

EDIT 2:

And Yuyuko's Overdrive is down too. Corner strategy and all. Seriously, trying to read the pattern in the middle would give me a migraine and I really don't desire that. That means that I only miss Kyouko and Seiga's now. I predict that Kyouko's is going to be annoying but at least its not retarded.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 11:23:57 AM by Zengeku »

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2011, 11:57:46 AM »
Timeout of Kyouko's overdrive - done. Got lucky that she decided to rarely spam/spawn bullets from the middle, giving me the opportunity to dodge one side in relative peace. Still annoying, didn't even know what I was doing for half the time, "just kinda grazing". And the smug smile in her cutin-picture seemed to say "u mad bro?" every time I tried this.

Just one more.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2011, 12:03:37 PM »
Mamizou's Overdrive is indeed fun. It is different from other cards though since you have to dodge things coming from two sides at once. Most stuff in Touhou comes from one direction which makes it easy to dodge it while thinking of completely unrelated matters but this one... let's just say that the slightest distraction means death!!

Speaking of which, I was able to avoid distraction so I got it in 3 attempts today. Yay!

EDIT: Okay, Yoshika's down too. That was pretty cool too. Lotsa bullets. Much easier on the brain than Wild Carpet although I actually had to spent more attempts on it in this sitting. It is easier though, no doubt about that. I feel that the majority of mistakes comes from me looking *HAHA, you spawn bullets there, I'll just move over here, and somehow keep moving to the area with the most bullets coming from the broadest variety of angles and then i'm like; uh... yeah.*

EDIT 2:

And Yuyuko's Overdrive is down too. Corner strategy and all. Seriously, trying to read the pattern in the middle would give me a migraine and I really don't desire that. That means that I only miss Kyouko and Seiga's now. I predict that Kyouko's is going to be annoying but at least its not retarded.

IMO Seiga's overdrive is the only hard one.
I got Mamizou's and Kyouko's on my first try. Yoshika took me a bit longer, and so did Yuyuko (but I'm a man, I did it in the middle).
This is talking about captures of course, not timeouts.

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2011, 05:42:35 PM »
Finally got Kyouko's one. I wanted to quit several times doing this that obsessive compulsion of mine forced me to keep at it. I got sick of the music so I ended up muting the computer and I don't know if it helped me with my concentration or not but I actually managed to pull it off shortly after.

How many attempts overall? 173 attempts. That's a hell of a lot more attempts than it took me to timeout VoWG and its certainly up there with things like SFN and UBS although not anywhere near as fun to work on... Now, only Seiga is left. I dread this one.

« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2011, 05:54:13 PM »
And that's it, timeout on all overdrives.Now could someone remind me why I decided to do all this with Youmu anyway? Would've loved Reimu's smaller hitbox.
Guess mankind will never know. (why am I so stubborn? why?!)
Mamizou's was really fun, kinda didn't expect it to be honest (didn't seem that great when I went for the capture).

I would upload a few replays but I'm getting an error message whenever I try to upload a TD spellpractice-replay (just tried a normal TD stage-replay and that worked just fine) but I guess it doesn't matter anyway. Somebody else just uploaded an overdrive so it might be a problem on my side, who knows.

Don't know what I'll do next, maybe GFW Extra or finally try my luck with SA hard.
Quote from: Zengeku
Now, only Seiga is left. I dread this one.
It took me around 30 tries to capture it with Reimu. 1100 to time it out with Youmu.

... yeah. But I'm not great at danmaku (and especially inconsistent) and was sometimes pretty tired while playing this ("good tries" are still around 500) so you'll probably have less problems with this (those semi-homing lasers... it's amazing how precise they are).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 05:58:07 PM by qno2 »

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2011, 08:10:14 PM »
Not quite 'accomplishments' that I'm proud of, but progress is progress.

Reached Kaguya on Hard difficulty on Imperishable Night, and progress in Ten Desires Extra has reached the point where I can, maybe, reach Full Moon Pompokolin.

« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2011, 08:13:18 PM »
HA!! Done it! Seiga Kaku's Overdrive is timed out. 110 attempts approximately. I can't believe that took less attempts than Kyouko or Mamizou (although I'm fairly certain that most of my attempts at Mamizou was done in a state of drowsiness) but I won't complain. I guess that means all Overdrives are timed out. Two days ago I didn't expect to ever get this done because of my outrageous laziness but imagine how quickly things can get done when I finally decide I want to do it!

That is satisfying.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2011, 08:18:43 PM »
Now could someone remind me why I decided to do all this with Youmu anyway?
Because we both know Youmu is epic.

On that note, solo Youmu and solo Yuyuko IN extra stage clears, because why not.
Fun facts about these runs: Youmu scored higher, died 1 more time, bombed 1 more time, captured one less spell card and did not see Imperishable Shooting.  The Yuyuko run would have captured the rings of death had I been using Yukari O.O

Zil

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2011, 11:39:50 PM »
And that's it, timeout on all overdrives.
HA!! Done it! Seiga Kaku's Overdrive is timed out. 110 attempts approximately. I can't believe that took less attempts than Kyouko or Mamizou (although I'm fairly certain that most of my attempts at Mamizou was done in a state of drowsiness) but I won't complain. I guess that means all Overdrives are timed out. Two days ago I didn't expect to ever get this done because of my outrageous laziness but imagine how quickly things can get done when I finally decide I want to do it!

That is satisfying.
Welcome to the club. I've no idea how many people have done this, but you two are now among the numbers! ;) Also, doing them all as Youmu, that's pretty impressive. I took it easy with Reimu. :V

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2011, 03:33:22 AM »
Imperishable Night 150 FPS easy clear, complete with Rainbow Danmaku cpature
This is incredibly silly.

180FPS IS SO FUN!
That's too fast I think.
Pushing the envelope on speed...maybe I will get IN easy at 180.  Even if I do, that won't change my opinion on it being too fast.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2011, 05:42:40 AM »
The hardest part of IN Easy at 180 fps is Marisa, I always get to her with 5 lives (starting with default) and I beat her with 1 left. I had another shot at it and got to stage 6 before continuing this time, I swear this is definitely possible.

« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2011, 08:51:13 AM »
Welcome to the club. I've no idea how many people have done this, but you two are now among the numbers! ;)

I did one of them with Sanae because of stuff. I can't say I picked Reimu because of the hitbox though.  :V

Zil

« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2011, 10:55:36 AM »
I did one of them with Sanae because of stuff. I can't say I picked Reimu because of the hitbox though.  :V
I acually did two as Sanae just because I wanted to avoid reducing Reimu's spell histories to garbage. I gave up on that idea pretty quickly...

« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
 Finally captured all the last words.
 I don't know why i captured Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana with Reimu Solo but it was hell.

« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2011, 02:06:28 PM »
Made a cooler looking timeout of Futo's Overdrive. In the beginning of the card, I don't shoot and wait for initial part of the attack to blow over and for the circling to begin. This is when I start shooting until the final phase kicks in and then I time the rest out. This way I could get a timeout that had the the read n' dodge amulet hell after the circling but without too much of the 'passing through walls part' at the end. I did have to dodge through a few walls though.

« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2011, 03:59:07 PM »
Messed around with TD a bit and managed to time out Youkai Orb of Unknown Mechanics.

That was harder than I thought it would be. Never even noticed Nue shooting extra orbs until now. That spell gets ridiculous toward the end.

Also managed to get timeouts of Tojiko's attack on Hard and Mamizou's first card, though those aren't as notable.

« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2011, 08:16:12 PM »
Although having a bad time with touhou recently, i have finally CLEARED SA EXTRA MODE.

took 2 tries. first try was a warm up "get the jist of things" playing on lunatic sure makes bullets from extra-hard mode and below so much slower.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2011, 11:55:54 PM »
Beat Mamizou no bombs. \o/ She's still far beyond my capabilities for perfecting, but I'm at least getting down her Hakunuki card.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #112 on: November 23, 2011, 12:56:53 AM »
PCB Extra clear!

...people say this is the easiest one, so it was kind of inevitable -_-
but still!
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2011, 07:31:44 AM »
TD Extra clear...with Sanae.

Made it all the way to Wild Deserted Island without dying.

Still finished with 0/1 left in stock.

In related news, I need to learn how to do Wild Deserted Island.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #114 on: November 23, 2011, 10:36:42 AM »
Perfect Stage 1, 2, and, surpriseingly, 3, with the Visionary Scarlet team in Imperishable Night normal mode. First time captureing Three Sacred Treasures: Orb, and Future: God's Realm.

Then I went and threw it all away on Stage 4. Which is weird, because I can normally beat Reimu. I really derped on her nonspells.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2011, 07:13:05 PM »
Second EoSD Hard 1cc. With Marisa A this time.
I derped twice at Vampire Illuison but captured Scarlet Gensokyo! That's all Hard mode cards on EoSD captured.
...I think I'll leave Lunatic for a while longer...

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2011, 05:14:23 AM »
Hell yes Utsuho perfect (on normal)
Chokes on nonspell 1: 0
Chokes on Nuclear Fusion: about a dozen
Chokes on nonspell 2: 2
Chokes on Mega Flare: 1
Chokes on nonspell 3: 0
Chokes on Blazing Star: 0
Chokes on nonspell 4: 1
Chokes on Hell and Heaven Meltdown: 0
Chokes on Hell's Artificial Sun: 0
Overall, this took way more attempts then I thought, but at least I got a perfect stage portion to go with it  :D

Zil

« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2011, 06:00:59 AM »
PoFV Lunatic 1cc as Yuuka Kazami. Replay of the final round - No Damage!
I thought I was taking a break from Touhou. Then I just kind of did this. Well I've never won as a non-cheap character, so I consider this another Touhou game cleared.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2011, 07:53:14 AM »
reached SA stage 5 in lunatic without continues. Then, use continue spam to beat Orin.
Damn Okuu is hard... too tired.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2011, 09:03:28 AM »
Astronomical Entombing Lunatic Timeout

It's easy on the most part but it can throw a nasty wave at you when you least expect it, fun card though.