Author Topic: Official Touhou Fighting Games General - The Revival  (Read 109985 times)

Re: Touhou 12.3 ~Hisoutensoku~ General - The Revival
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2013, 11:54:04 PM »

EDIT: Is there anyone currently signed up to the tournament who will be unable to host on the tournament day? I can do a few things to work around this, so just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I am unable to port forward at the moment, so i cannot host.

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2013, 10:39:42 AM »
nvm, sorry
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:17:50 PM by Thanuris »
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2013, 11:02:59 AM »
Sorry, I'll not be playing this one.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:09:38 AM by zLayer08 »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2013, 02:37:03 PM »
I don't really know if I can do this or not. How long will the tournament last, approximately? If it's not all night, I'll join.

Name: Validon98
Skill Level: Terrible (can't even get past a couple rounds on Normal Arcade)
Main: Alternates between Marisa and Yukari

I don't think I'll be able to host. That and I don't want to screw around with my router, because it sometimes disconnects with the internet, which annoys me.

EDIT: Uh... I actually just beat Normal Arcade with Marisa. So, I guess my skill level is more like "Between Beginner and Intermediate."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 08:11:03 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2013, 04:34:39 PM »
I don't really know if I can do this or not. How long will the tournament last, approximately? If it's not all night, I'll join.

It really, really depends on how quick the games are played. I've had tournaments with 16 people last around 3 hours before, but we did stream the majority of matches. In this tournament I'll basically just let all games be played when they can as we have such a large turnout, so we'll have to see what happens, unfortunately. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Welcome to those just signing up!

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

an unmatched sock

• Um...what's this?
  • Should I be concerned? I think I should be concern
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2013, 04:47:12 PM »
You know what? Sign me up too. I'll just need someone to alert me in advance or something...

Name: an unmatched sock
Skill level: Uh...between so-so and bad. I think.
Plays as: Chiefly Utsuho, but I switch around a lot. Other top picks include: Yuyuko, Remilia, Tenshi, Iku, Reisen, sometimes Youmu or Suwako.

Again, someone keep me updated on tourney days so I can plan accordingly. Please.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:26:48 PM by an unmatched sock »

« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2013, 05:52:08 PM »
Let's do this.

Name: silent1497 (Sairenyo)
Skill level: "decent", supposedly
Mains: Reimu, Sanae

Been playing this game for a little more than two years now. I can host while I'm at home, which I most likely will be.

« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2013, 05:54:05 PM »
Well, this one sounds interesting and there are lots of people to play with. I'm in

Name: Gemini92
Skill Level: Intermediate...I guess (I won zLayer a few times, so that counts, right?)
Main: Remilia
Alt: Patchouli

And I can host too, most of the times

« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2013, 06:02:22 PM »
I want jeje, I'm Fom Chile , I'll play with Youmu and Sakuya :3, my level?... mmm i think Medium n.n

Yaffyfan

• Golden Suika for the #1 Suika
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2013, 07:39:47 PM »
Please remove me from the player list, and please remove my guides as well.

After seeing how you acted, I don't have any intention of participating or staying.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2013, 09:13:59 PM »
You know what? Sign me up too. I'll just need someone to alert me in advance or something...

Name: an unmatched sock
Skill level: Uh...between so-so and bad. I think.
Plays as: Chiefly Utsuho, but I switch around a lot. Other top picks include: Yuyuko, Remilia, Tenshi, Iku, Reisen, sometimes Youmu or Suwako.

Again, someone keep me updated on tourney days so I can plan accordingly. Please.

It'll be held on the 28th of April at 20:30 UTC+1. If you want to know anything else, feel free to ask here, in PMs or via the IRC channel. :D

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2013, 09:17:31 PM »
Huh. Well, I'll just have to wait at 1:30 then and see what happens.
Also, I cannot host.

Tao-Sensei

• Wants to be Icemilk.
  • What do you mean I can't be Icemilk?
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2013, 02:51:28 AM »
Oh, well... Looks like I actually can't join. But luckily I havn't actually signed up yet, so it won't really bother anyone.

I'd like to see how this goes though.

« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2013, 07:31:12 AM »
Hmmm, I must say, the organization for this tournament is terrible. First off, some of us never even got on the registry (after being invited over YouTube and the like, that comes off as a tad insulting at least) and then it seems the pair making this tourney has come apart. Well since I can't find myself there anyway, it's none of my business, enjoy the tourney, I myself won't be joining after all it seems.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 07:55:10 AM by DisasterMaster92 »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2013, 04:16:18 PM »
I can host.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2013, 01:20:54 AM »
Hmmm, I must say, the organization for this tournament is terrible. First off, some of us never even got on the registry (after being invited over YouTube and the like, that comes off as a tad insulting at least) and then it seems the pair making this tourney has come apart. Well since I can't find myself there anyway, it's none of my business, enjoy the tourney, I myself won't be joining after all it seems.

This is a bit distressing to me as well. I want to join still, but I'm a bit, what's the word, worried. Not about my own skill, but about the whole "Yaffy left for some reason practically no one but the people involved knows" thing.

EDIT: It seems like a lot of people are dropping from this thing, because I just checked the site for the tournament and there's a LOT less people than there was before. This worries me even more.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 01:49:29 AM by Validon98 »

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2013, 11:50:04 AM »

This is a bit distressing to me as well. I want to join still, but I'm a bit, what's the word, worried. Not about my own skill, but about the whole "Yaffy left for some reason practically no one but the people involved knows" thing.

EDIT: It seems like a lot of people are dropping from this thing, because I just checked the site for the tournament and there's a LOT less people than there was before. This worries me even more.

I've been rather busy with IRL stuff and haven't sat down to update the registry.

EDIT: Looking back, I missed your "registry application" because it was not layed out like everyone elses, DisasterMan. I apologise for this. Would you still like to be added?

EDIT EDIT: That should be everything up to date. If I have missed anything, let me know and it'll be added. Same goes for any possible mistakes!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:04:26 PM by Shimatora »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2013, 01:18:13 PM »
Chillax, people. This is not a big deal. :V Don't worry about what other guys are doing or whether you're on the registry or whatever, just play if you want to and have some fun.
Let's fight.

« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2013, 10:13:58 PM »
Something important popped up on Sunday. It's someone's birthday, so I'll be dropping out of this one. Sorry.

« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2013, 01:40:48 AM »
Name: Luizsan
Skill level: Decent
Plays as: Sakuya

« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2013, 09:32:19 PM »
Hi guys, I might be a little late tomorrow due to work (I get off of work ~1:30PM EST and it takes me about an hour to get home).  I don't want to hold up the tournament too much, so is there a maximum wait time before forfeiting?  Thanks.

« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2013, 04:30:34 AM »
Name: Eduardo
Skill level: Regular
Plays as: Youmu

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #112 on: April 28, 2013, 01:47:45 PM »
Hi guys, I might be a little late tomorrow due to work (I get off of work ~1:30PM EST and it takes me about an hour to get home).  I don't want to hold up the tournament too much, so is there a maximum wait time before forfeiting?  Thanks.

Basically, you can arrive whenever, but I'll leave your game until it needs to be played, if you don't turn up in time you'll lose that match and be knocked down to losers. If you turn up before your next match needs to be played, all is well! Otherwise it's the same deal and you'll be knocked out completely.

I'm sure it'll be fine though!

The tournament is starting in just under 6 hours time! It's currently 14:47 GMT+1 right now.

EDIT: 20 minutes to go! Sign-ups are available up until then.

EDITEDIT: Tournament over! Thanks for playing everyone. :)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:44:47 PM by Shimatora »

« Reply #113 on: April 28, 2013, 10:54:29 PM »
nice tournament, it was fun to play and to watch. Hope we get more of these!

congrats to Kujibiki on winning the tournament o/
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #114 on: April 28, 2013, 11:29:19 PM »
I'd be up for another tournament... if it wasn't a "general" tournament, like it was here. I think having a "beginner" tournament and a "professional" tournament would be a good idea. Because it's not really fun for people who aren't that great at the game to be thrown into the same tournament as seasoned veterans. I understand we're all trying to have fun here, but it's not fun for people who will lose early because they're coming up against people who are really good at the game. It's, what's the word, unfair.
Sorry for the complaining, but I have a point.

« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2013, 12:55:29 AM »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #116 on: April 29, 2013, 04:50:31 AM »
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #117 on: April 29, 2013, 02:24:38 PM »
Thanks for the games, I hope that my opponents enjoyed the matches just like I did. And sorry for the lag for some of you guys.
I wish to upload my matches to Youtube soon but I forgot to ask permission, so I'm posting here to say. I don't intend to offend anyone with my uploads, but if you have something against me uploading our matches, just tell me in private and I will delete the video without complaining.
I'll let my Youtube channel here to ease the process, but I'm not sure if this is against this forum rules, if it is, sorry in advance and please someone warn me and I will edit this message and remove this link too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/praquenicknickpraque

Sorry for the bad english, isn't my native language.

« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2013, 09:50:12 PM »
games were fun~

I'll keep stopping into the channel every few days to play as well

« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2013, 03:30:56 AM »
Finished to upload the matches. Here's the playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTSC3LADDjh3OCpUbBlAnctPWkrI9oV8h
Enjoy!

I don't intend to offend anyone with my uploads, but if you have something against me uploading our matches, just tell me in private and I will delete the video without complaining.