Author Topic: Touhou 15.5: 東方憑依華 (Eastern Blooms of Possession) ~ Antinomy of Common Flowers  (Read 532595 times)

7TC7

• In best company
When playing as Byakuren I've had it happen rarely that I'll throw two or even three projectiles at once, instead of a single one. Is this a glitch, or some feature I don't understand?

If Byakuren catches that kind of projectile after it bounces of the enemy she can throw two of them next time, rinse and repeat to add more. I think she could do that since HM. At least since ULiL.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
Seems really random right now, but I was just looking at the Mysteryland Mysteries 4Kids translation portal, and then the Yorigami sisters popped into my mind.
Now I'm wondering what their 4Kids names might be...
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Given that they're the "common flowers" of the title, and are often alluded to as flowers in other places as well, they'd need flower names. Daisy is a good start, since that's literally what their names mean. They can't sound too fancy though. I'd go for something like Daisy and Poppy if I had to.

...Now they sound even more grunt-like, kinda like a womanizer midboss's harem sidekick duo name.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
Given that they're the "common flowers" of the title, and are often alluded to as flowers in other places as well, they'd need flower names. Daisy is a good start, since that's literally what their names mean. They can't sound too fancy though. I'd go for something like Daisy and Poppy if I had to.

Considering that "Poppy" is often associated with drugs, I don't think its such a suitable choice for a 4Kids dub name.
Unless, of course, you assume that the "censors" won't notice it.
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Looking at the other names, I don't think the 4kids guys care enough to find out about the names (or pretend to not care).

4kids probably would come up with something like Lotto Bling and Havano Bling.

Also, off-topic, but is there any discussion where I can see how they come up with those names? I'm a bit disappointed with some of their choices. Like Clownpiece, which is a goldmine for parody, yet they chose the underwhelmingly plain "Jesta", of all things. Or how they made Olivia (Okina) into Ingrid (Yukari)'s sister, thus ruining the alliteration appeal in Ingrid Indigo.

I'm also sure 4chan kept updating the 'localization' chart separately from them. I've seen one with "Maria Mariposa" (Eternity), "Lisa Liar" (Sagume), and "Dorky Dorothy" (Okina, cause you know, door). I find them to be wittier and funnier, tbh. EDIT: Found it : https://i.warosu.org/data/jp/img/0174/77/1502711074288.jpg
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 07:57:43 AM by TrueShadow »

Drake

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

And the steam version is broken for lots of fellas, story isnt fixed, Dorememe crashes the game

darn

Drake

Kind of what you get when you rush on top of rushing because of deadlines on top of deadlines I guess

I feel kind of bad for the devs that have to slave for this
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:52:56 AM by Drake »

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
This is what happens when you finalize a Steam release date and can't finish the game in time...
Reminds me a lot of the situation Cook Serve Delicious 2 was released in.

Hopefully Tasofro can get these issues sorted out quickly before people start complaining in reviews, or at least have them understand why there may be bad reviews in the first place...
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

Im praying for a hotfix tonight because these things are pretty major

They did add a single spellcard to story mode, at least. For Kokoro, in Miko's route.

Definitely hope they'll release patches.

Doremy crashes the game when I press A.

Drake

1.02b incoming soon

People have noticed that the total size of Steam 1.02 is the sum of everything minus the 1.01 patch alone, so it's likely that something happened where 1.01 was skipped and that's causing bad things. Maybe not the cause of all problems, but that would probably mess things up.

1.02b up (probably for a while now, but I just woke up so). Is there a changelog available anywhere?

At least they fixed Doremy.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
1.02b up (probably for a while now, but I just woke up so). Is there a changelog available anywhere?
It's just a 1.02 minus crash problems. And 1.02 is all minor bigfixes (plus one story card?)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

So nothing but minor bugfixes? That kinda sucks.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
So, the game has merely 93% positive reviews because of what amouts to a misclick?

That's... sad. At least HSiFS is still there in top recommended games. Although a fighting game would definietly have more reach.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
To be fair it released with crashy bugs and Story Mode is still a somewhat unfinished product, so there's gonna be some less favorable reviews. Game seems really fun so far, though, been working on learning another character or two when I'm not at work.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Downsides of the game are shit netcode and an unfinished story mode, these seem to be the main concerns.

#JUNKO4TH15.5

• 見えない満月
  • [LoLK is best touhou]
this game's release has been an absolute mess.
normal 1cc: every game, shitton of times
hard 1cc: legacy of lunatic kingdom
extra: flandre, ran, yukari, mokou, suwako, mamizou, hecatia, okina

shit netcode

So it hasn't been improved at all since ULiL? Damn.

So it hasn't been improved at all since ULiL? Damn.

I'm afraid yes

While this game is great and fun and shit and by far the best floater the netcode still dies instantly when hitting that 90 PING

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
So far, I've had no issues with netcode when playing people within the same region (EC Canada and US), but outside of that, it'll start being either unstable or just won't connect at all.

But it's still better than ULiL because after the lobby update in ULiL, netplay for a lot people just straight up didn't work in the end even if you were just doing direct connections, but at least now that works in AoCF.

I know a lot of the single player features are a mess atm, but in terms of core gameplay, the game is really fun and I will agree it's probably the best one. It got rid of the floaty gameplay in HM and refined it in ULiL, and then AoCF got rid of all the terribly gimmick mechanics it had (RNG "weather", occult orb chasing) with something a lot more solid and more fun, especially at a competitive level.

Kinda sucks that solo character combo potential has been slightly nerfed in this game (despite the damage output increase), but I can understand it's to balance the fact that we have access to tag combos now.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Although, RIP tag combos upon realizing you take a massive damage hit if your possession meter isn't maxed. It feels like half meter means the slave does half damage, not exaggerating. They're still really good for comboing off normally-unlinkable hits like dash attacks and C moves, though.

unabara was grumping about how awful it was to play overseas so they'll probably implement some sort of region lock into matchmaking instead of doing a real fix

there's only a handful of people in the world who know how to do rollback netplay anyway, and i feel like this game is probably too fast to play all that well even with rollbacks beyond a few frames. slower games tend to have better results.

..though, if you like really want good netcode, periodic reminder that IaMP is a good game and has really good fan-made rollback netcode~

So I have a bit of a question about the Yorigami siblings.

Generally, the suffix "-gami" indicates that something is a god. But that's not really how it is in touhou. In touhou, gods (like Kanako, Sanae, and the Akis) all have specific mechanics that they adhere to. Meanwhile, there are things like tsukumogami ("god of tool") that, while having "god" in their name, don't actually use these mechanics and are treated as youkai.

Are the Yorigami siblings ever stated to be real gods like Kanako and the Akis, or are they just creatures whose species name ends with "-gami"?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

They're never called kami-sama if that's what you're asking. I get the impression that they're more like evil spirits or curses.

I'm sure it's not super important, but would "translating" their species as binbogami and whatever Jo'on is be wise? It'd avoid confusion about whether they're "legit" gods. Though I'm probably making a mountain out of a molehill. A lot of people in various groups I'm in (including me) were just confused about it.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra