Author Topic: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 7 ※ for Danmakufu version 0.12m [Closed, read last post!]  (Read 184018 times)

Re: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 7 ※ for Danmakufu version 0.12m
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2013, 08:20:49 PM »
Hi. I'm Tres.

I can load danmakufu and play scripts without problems, but whenever I complete a script the system will crash. I've never used v 0.12 very extensively, but I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen. The system will crash after I beat a spell card, die, or whenever a coding error occurs. Any time I would normally be redirected to the script choice page (at least, I assume that's where I'd be redirected. That's how it works in ph3 ^^). I'm running the latest version of 0.12 (東方弾幕風 v0.12m(約4000kB)) using Applocale. The problem occurs with every script I've tried, including the built in ones (Ex Rumia). With plural scripts, I can complete individual spellcards but the system crashes once the entire script is complete. I've tried re-downloading danmakufu from a different source, but that doesn't seem to help either.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Does the message appear thet touhou danmakufu crashed and have to be closed ,
or does an intern message of danmakufu appear (which would be strange)?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2013, 09:09:51 PM »
TresserT:

Operating System:
RAM and RAM Type:
Microprocessor:

Also, does it give a crash message when crashing?

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2013, 09:41:16 PM »
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP
RAM: 1014
RAM Type: DDR2
Microprocessor:  Intel Pentium 4 521

I get a generic Microsoft crash report window. The error report thing.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2013, 10:01:36 PM »
I am not quite sure Sparen why you're asking system hardware, since he is getting software crash related to Danmakufu. He is also capable of actually playing the game so even more odd reason to involve hardware here yet.

Either way TresserT, assuming you are using AppLocal when playing? The common display upon completing spellcard/plural or what ever is "Save replay yes/no" or message saying no replay can be saved. Almost sounds like your game is choking somewhere here. I also assume you're seeing the boss explode/disappear and right after that before the classic "zoom out" effect you get the crash?

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2013, 10:26:29 PM »
I am using AppLocale and I made sure the settings match those in the AppLocale configuration thread.

What you say is exactly what's happening. The boss explodes, but I don't get any further than that. I don't get to the "Save replay" or anything. I can get back to the main screen if I pause and hit the main menu option, but finishing the script kills it.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2013, 10:31:03 PM »
I asked about system hardware b/c of RAM. Then again, it's only been a problem for a few people, but lack of ram has been the cause for DNH crashing for a number of people I know.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2013, 02:15:10 AM »
I am using AppLocale and I made sure the settings match those in the AppLocale configuration thread.

What you say is exactly what's happening. The boss explodes, but I don't get any further than that. I don't get to the "Save replay" or anything. I can get back to the main screen if I pause and hit the main menu option, but finishing the script kills it.
Right, now that is what I was afraid of. We narrowed it down to the location of crash though what would make it crash at exactly that moment? I removed few system files from dnh root outside to see if there were any dependants, but none I could detect. You also mentioned you redownloaded Danmakufu so we can assume your archive is ok as well?

Do you have the possibility to run your current Danmakufu on a different computer/laptop? That way we can perhaps discover whether it is truly dnh or your system.

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2013, 04:24:18 AM »
Hm... I have another computer I can use, but it'll take about a week before I have access to it. So I guess I'll just work around it for now, then ask again later. Thanks.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2013, 08:43:31 AM »
Hm... I have another computer I can use, but it'll take about a week before I have access to it. So I guess I'll just work around it for now, then ask again later. Thanks.
Week to access? Sounds almost like it is not your computer but at school or something :V

All right, well please have us informed how that worked out. Because this is though a very odd error we've been hearing about first time I think. So would be good source as troubleshooting for the future.

« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2013, 09:25:11 AM »
Maybe, they on vacation, brought a laptop and left a computer at home. I'm doing that right now.
But, hearing this problem, I feel like I've dealt with this before. Not sure if I know how to solve it though.  :V
Have you tried to change your computer's locale to Japanese? Applocale can cause some problems. I changed my whole computer to Japanese, but only because Applocale wouldn't load anymore. It loaded nothing.
Switching your computer's locale, doesn't make a big difference. You can still browse the internet and play games in English.
If this doesn't work, it sounds like the explosion is causing the problem. Maybe too much processing power needed for that?
Currently a normal player

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2013, 06:40:34 PM »
Setting system to Japanese didn't help. I don't know enough about the system to say whether or not it's the explosion causing the problem, but I will say that the explosion animation is always completed before the crash error. Um... there's something else but I don't know how to describe it. So I'll just post a screenshot.

The character sprite and items remain on screen, but the background disappears and is replaced with the same pattern as the side...menu...thing.

I'd like to note that I've never used this version of danmakufu, so I don't know what's the norm and what's actually part of the problem. I can only judge based on what I know ph3 does.  :blush:  And it's my cousin's computer that I'll be able to get to in a week, just in case you were wondering.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2013, 10:27:16 PM »
I'd like to note that I've never used this version of danmakufu,
You have the latest version, shouldn't be the issue. That is the background for the save/ending screen if I am not mistaking.

Are you able to upload your package of 0.12m as it is to us? Just curious to test out on my computer.

KuroArashi100

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2013, 06:46:56 PM »
I have a few more questions because I suck at figuring things out. :V

What is the difference between

Code: [Select]
loop{
               loop(number){

}

}
and
loop{
              while(x<number){

}

}
?

How do I make aimed lines of bullets like Mokou fires (from herself) in "Hourai Doll"?

Can if statements be used inside Object Bullets?

How can I make a spellcard more difficult as time passes? (Like most survival cards)

Also, the 0.12 version of Danmakufu downloaded from the link on the Danmakufu wiki crashes as soon as I start it up.(while using applocale)
I'm currently using the version that I found in CtC's data files which works fine, but is there a fix for this? (This question probably has been asked before, but I can't find anything).

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2013, 07:37:51 PM »
*text*
1. The first one just repeats the action inside the brackets the number of times defined as "number".

The second one repeats the action as long as the variable x is lower than the variable "number".

BONUS: (:V) ascent(x in 0..5){  }
Repeats the action in the brackets, in this case (5-0=5) times. A variable is created as the ascent loop starts with the name "x" which gets the values 0, 1, 2, 3 and 4 (in this case when we got "0..5") for each time it repeats. The variable only exists inside the ascent loop.

2. If you use task, use the wait function as well
( function wait(w){loop(w){yield;}} )
Create a variable called setangle or something and do something like this in your task:
wait(180); //3 seconds.
setangle = GetAngleToPlayer;
loop(10){ //10-bullet line
//Insert bullet code here.
//Use setangle as the angle.
wait(3);
//smaller delay of 3 frames
//between each bullet.
}

3. Yes, I don't see why not.

4. I would use a task which yields; as long as the timer is too high. Once it goes past the yielding "while" loop, you can set a variable named phase1, phase2 etc. from false to true or 0 to 1. Once this variable becomes true or 1, the task used to fire bullets could be more difficult.

5. Never happened to me. ???
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:42:50 PM by Darkness1 »

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »
I noticed that all fangames from Danmakufu(or atleast the ones I've seen) operate like a official Touhou game, a menu screen, difficulty select, story, ect..., and with games like MPP the danmakufu part (where you select the scripts) is gone.

I want my project like that but I've been working with Danmakufu for only a few days now so I have no knowledge of how to create menu screens and transitions for stages. Can anyone help me on doing so?

gtbot

• Master of ScreenSplit
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2013, 08:40:31 PM »
and with games like MPP the danmakufu part (where you select the scripts) is gone.
This is a feature of ph3, where with a definition file, you can make danmakufu run a package script immediately upon startup, along with setting the name and size of the window.

Since you just started a few days ago, perhaps it is not best to jump straight into making a full game, but to instead start small, with a Single script or Plural.

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2013, 08:49:27 PM »
Another one who wants to create a fangame? I feel the same. I'm currently working in the characters (I just have the Stage 1 boss :V).

To make a fangame, you shouldn't go inmediately to the "eye'm gonna create dem menuz and stagez!" part. You should start by reading every tutorial (Basics to learn to make spellcards and learn about bullet and laser types, Intermediate to learn about complex patterns, boss fights, stages, boss movement and MP3 files, Advanced to learn stuff I can't figure out, such as libraries and other things)

The guys who made fangames such as Last Comer and Mystical Power Plant didn't start magically by making menus, they started like everyone. Reading tutorials, trying tutorials by themselves.

You'll need to learn lots of Danmakufu before going to menu screens and stages.

That's all I had to say.

PS: I can't find a menu screen script right now... nor a stage transition one. I'll have to search further.
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2013, 09:01:43 PM »
I cannot agree more with gtbot and Yamamoto. It is never wrong to set a goal such as a fan game, but remember to work towards it. I myself started with simple Marisa spell card imitations, into a plural script, into a single boss fight and now working on my own fangame for ages. Step by step, that is my advice  :)

There is nothing wrong experimenting time to time with menus, even if you don't have your full game yet. Exploring all the functions and tricks is the path of learning. Sometimes, doing minor side-scripting can be quite refreshing before you return to your main work.

Finally, Like gtbot said, 0.12m has no menus. Menus in 0.12m are "optical illusions" by using effect objects to give you the impression of a full menu. This requires some clever scripting and effect object usage. (See CtC or other large completed games like Puremrz / Azure's work). Only ph3 gives you the advantage of menus such as the original games. If you really want to benefit of these advantages, and are relatively new to Danmakufu I would suggest ph3 over 0.12m. We might be lacking tutorials right now, but we have good number of community members who are quite experienced in ph3. Also roughly the structures are similar in their use.

If you study objects, tasking, functions and micro-threads from the 0.12m tutorials, you'll have a good base and kick start for Ph3.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2013, 09:06:48 PM »
Another one who wants to create a fangame? I feel the same. I'm currently working in the characters (I just have the Stage 1 boss :V).

To make a fangame, you shouldn't go inmediately to the "eye'm gonna create dem menuz and stagez!" part. You should start by reading every tutorial (Basics to learn to make spellcards and learn about bullet and laser types, Intermediate to learn about complex patterns, boss fights, stages, boss movement and MP3 files, Advanced to learn stuff I can't figure out, such as libraries and other things)

The guys who made fangames such as Last Comer and Mystical Power Plant didn't start magically by making menus, they started like everyone. Reading tutorials, trying tutorials by themselves.

You'll need to learn lots of Danmakufu before going to menu screens and stages.

That's all I had to say.

PS: I can't find a menu screen script right now... nor a stage transition one. I'll have to search further.

I know I won't be able to make a fangame right now but I like starting things from the ground up. And having a menu screen and stuff like that is like the basics to me. But yeah I've been back and forth reading the guides so I'll definitely keep going.

This is a feature of ph3, where with a definition file, you can make danmakufu run a package script immediately upon startup, along with setting the name and size of the window.

Since you just started a few days ago, perhaps it is not best to jump straight into making a full game, but to instead start small, with a Single script or Plural.

Oh so that's why it runs straight into the game.

I cannot agree more with gtbot and Yamamoto. It is never wrong to set a goal such as a fan game, but remember to work towards it. I myself started with simple Marisa spell card imitations, into a plural script, into a single boss fight and now working on my own fangame for ages. Step by step, that is my advice  :)

There is nothing wrong experimenting time to time with menus, even if you don't have your full game yet. Exploring all the functions and tricks is the path of learning. Sometimes, doing minor side-scripting can be quite refreshing before you return to your main work.

Finally, Like gtbot said, 0.12m has no menus. Menus in 0.12m are "optical illusions" by using effect objects to give you the impression of a full menu. This requires some clever scripting and effect object usage. (See CtC or other large completed games like Puremrz / Azure's work). Only ph3 gives you the advantage of menus such as the original games. If you really want to benefit of these advantages, and are relatively new to Danmakufu I would suggest ph3 over 0.12m. We might be lacking tutorials right now, but we have good number of community members who are quite experienced in ph3. Also roughly the structures are similar in their use.

If you study objects, tasking, functions and micro-threads from the 0.12m tutorials, you'll have a good base and kick start for Ph3.

Ok thanks.

KuroArashi100

« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2013, 09:40:16 PM »
1. The first one just repeats the action inside the brackets the number of times defined as "number".

The second one repeats the action as long as the variable x is lower than the variable "number".

3. Yes, I don't see why not.

Thanks for helping!
But I guess I asked a few wrong questions wrong :(
So, let me re-ask them:
1. If using "loop(y)" and "while(x<y)"{bullet information and y++;} inside a task, is there a difference gameplay-wise?
I did know about "ascent" and "descent" loops. I also had a recent problem with a script that used them, so I'll just ask that now too :V:
task fire{
loop{
CreateShotA(0,GetEnemyX,GetEnemyY,30);
SetShotDataA(0,0,5,GetAngleToPlayer,0,0,4,231);

CreateShotA(1,GetEnemyX,GetEnemyY,30);
SetShotDataA(1,0,5,GetAngleToPlayer+45,0,0,4,231);

CreateShotA(2,GetEnemyX,GetEnemyY,30);
SetShotDataA(2,0,5,GetAngleToPlayer-45,0,0,4,231);

ascent(i in 1..25){
CreateShotA(3,GetEnemyX,GetEnemyY,15);
SetShotDataA(3,0,0,0,0,0,0,YELLOW05);
SetShotDataA(3,60,rand(1,3),rand(0,359),0,0,1,177);

CreateShotA(4,GetEnemyX,GetEnemyY,15);
SetShotDataA(4,0,0,0,0,0,0,YELLOW05);
SetShotDataA(4,60,rand(1,3),rand(0,359),0,0,1,177);

CreateShotA(5,GetEnemyX,GetEnemyY,15);
SetShotDataA(5,0,0,0,0,0,0,YELLOW05);
SetShotDataA(5,60,rand(1,3),rand(0,359),0,0,1,177);

AddShot(i*2.88,0,3,0);
AddShot(i*2.88,1,4,0);
AddShot(i*2.88,2,5,0);
}

FireShot(0);
FireShot(1);
FireShot(2);

wait(60);
}
}
The nonspell is supposed to fire three bullets at the player and 2 at the sides, which leave dot bullets behind, which scatter randomly after a short wait.
The dot bullets spawn starting from the right bottom corner, and I don't know what I did wrong, so can somebody help me with this?

3. What I did wrong, is that I assumed that you knew what exactly was going on in the script. Since you haven't seen it, you probably don't know. Unless you have acces to my computer of course. :)
The code that I used was this:
task  (parameters)
obj bullet
while(!Obj_BeDeleted){
code telling the bullet to move up and then go down starting at the bottom of the screen.
}
if (Obj_GetY == GetClipMaxY){
Obj_SetSpeed(obj,0);
}
But when I tested it, the bullets would disappear from the bottom of the screen.
In this example, I could did it by calculating the distance to the bottom of the screen(the bullets always were in the same place)
And timing it the right way. But when ? tried it using if statements, it didn't work.

EDIT:
If I want to play music in plural scripts, do I just put the bgm for each spellcard at the beginning?
And do I need to do it for each spellcard? And does it matter if you do one with Load/PlayMusic and the other with #BGM[]?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 11:09:27 PM by KuroArashi100 »

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2013, 11:57:33 PM »
1. Dependant on what you do with x and y. I'm not quite sure what you want here.

2. It seems like you have put getenemyX/Y for the IDshots which are the "trailbullets". To not cause problems, they should just have x and y positions as 0 and 0.
I don't really see either why you would manually create 3 mastershots when you could use another ascentloop which loops everything 3 times and just put the angle as something like GetAngleToPlayer+l*45 if we would have an ascentloop like ascent (l in -1..2){ }

3. I can see 3 errors in your script:
- The "if" code is outside of the while loop, so it won't work.
- The bullet ID is missing here (?)
- Obviously, bullets moving downwards with a speed higher than 1 would have a high chance of not being detected at GetClipMaxY as the bullet would skip over it. Using if(Obj_GetY(ID)>=GetClipMaxY) would probably fix this.

4. I'm not too sure, but I think #BGM is only active when you start the script. So for a plural, it would probably be best to use the #BGM in the plural file for what you want to play at the beginning and use Load/PlayBGM for if you want to change the music in the middle of the plural script. The #BGM in the spellcard files probably won't affect the plural scripts music.

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2013, 06:43:51 PM »
I'm working in a little script, but the Event won't load.
http://pastebin.com/wFkR8bjV

What's wrong?

yes, my script features Keanu Reeves :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2013, 09:20:55 PM »
I'm working in a little script, but the Event won't load.
http://pastebin.com/wFkR8bjV

What's wrong?

yes, my script features Keanu Reeves :V
Hard to tell, we cannot see your event script, since you're loading it from a file. Can you pastebin that as well please? Also please specify what you mean with "Not loading", I assume nothing happens at all and the boss goes straight to shooting/main script? Errors?

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2013, 09:28:15 PM »
http://pastebin.com/wRRz0Ls6

I think there's something wrong but I can't figure out what.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2013, 09:40:31 PM »
http://pastebin.com/wRRz0Ls6

I think there's something wrong but I can't figure out what.

The following lines are missing semicolons:

16, 24, 30

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2013, 09:47:41 PM »
D'oh.

Thanks.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2013, 09:48:46 PM »
There is all sorts of things wrong with your script. CreateEventFromScript is wrong declared. You're calling an event, you need to nest the event script inside your spell card/boss. I don't remember EventFromFile existing.

Like Sparen pointed out, you're missing semicolons. But also a critical  } in your event script (closing the actual event).

Edit: You're also having lots of colons, instead of semicolons to close each line. Please run over them carefully. 

This is working: http://pastebin.com/Wu6HgNGk  (fixed version so you can compare. IMO, don't just copy/paste it over but try to solve your own errors first and compare)

Edit 2: Also next time please clarify what you're exactly experiencing. The script threw an obvious error. It is really hard to help you if you don't specify exactly what is going on. Just posting script -> "It doesn't work" isn't helping us either =/

Edit 3: (so many edits). With a small talk on IRC regarding Event scripts (Thanks KimoKeine) . Yes, you can separate them from your script but you need to #include the script in order to make Danmakufu recognize it.

#include_script "script\Yamamotos\talk.txt"
@Initialize {
CreateEventFromScript("test");
}

With this method, you don't have to nest your event in one file. You could also put multiple events as far as I know in talk.txt and call them by their respective names. As long as you include the script, all is fine.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:06:15 PM by Helepolis »

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2013, 10:07:27 PM »
Thanks Helepolis.

I'll try not just to copypaste the next time.

« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2013, 06:18:50 AM »
Okay, I tried danmakufu on my cousin's computer and I'm still getting the exact same problem.
Here is the .rar I'm getting it from, the same one from the wiki. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Drake

« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2013, 06:42:19 AM »
Missing a config.dat file. Just run config.exe and hit OK. Should be good after that.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -