Author Topic: Left 4 Dead 2: Electric Zombie Boogaloo  (Read 4096 times)

Apotheosis

• Pop-tarts please!!!
  • MOM WHERE'S MY POP-TARTS?????
Left 4 Dead 2: Electric Zombie Boogaloo
« on: June 06, 2009, 06:34:14 PM »
IGN Preview
IGN Videos

WHAT IS KNOWN:

-Set in the American South, with the survivors trying to reach New Orleans from Savannah.
-More story to tie the campaigns together, like how L4D was originally intended.
-Some campaigns/levels are set in the daylight.
-New special infected, one specifically mentioned was a "wandering Witch" that, well, wandered and was a Witch.
-Another is the "Charger", who will slam into you and incapacitate you and/or piledrive you into the ground. He's apparently designed to defeat camping.
-There's another new normal infected. He wears a hazmat suit and is immune to fire.
-Crescendo moments have been redone to make them, y'know, challenging and fun.
-Weapons are basically the same, except their stats might have been tweaked and they have new skins and models.
-MELEE WEAPONS
-Incendiary rounds
-New survivors: Nick (Some dude in a suit), Ellis (A mechanic), Rochelle (Zoey Pt.2), Coach (Big guy)
-Five campaigns
-It'll come with the original L4D campaigns
-L4D will not be abandoned, it'll still be supported.
-Apparently it'll be full-priced.
-Release date: 11/4

As expected, Valve's shitting out a sequel to a game that didn't need one. Not that I'm really complaining about this, it's an interesting setting and the videos make it seem fun. But I don't think it's enough to justify a new, full-priced release. It's only a few new characters, some dialogue, some new campaigns and some reskinned weapons. Expansion pack, yes. Full game, no.

But there's still at least five months to go before release, still plenty of time to change. As a major, major fan of the first game, I'll be following this.
The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr - Mohammed

Re: Left 4 Dead 2: Electric Zombie Boogaloo
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 11:04:39 PM »
never got the first one. i've played it though, and i thought it was pretty good, so if all goes well, i'll be getting this.

but still, i agree that L4D never needed a sequel this early. Hell, it doesn't need one at all. new campaigns/characters/enemies/weapons could have just been added as patches for L4D 1

Elixir

• I am an insufferable jerk.
    • タンブルウィード
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 03:51:16 AM »
What is known:

It's shovelware by definition. They could have at least waited a year or two before announcing another port. I find this hilarious since TF2 took sometihng liike 20 years to get released in comparison to this.

Apotheosis

• Pop-tarts please!!!
  • MOM WHERE'S MY POP-TARTS?????
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 04:05:52 AM »
What is known:

It's shovelware by definition. They could have at least waited a year or two before announcing another port. I find this hilarious since TF2 took sometihng liike 20 years to get released in comparison to this.

I've heard it referred to as "Madden Syndrome": No actual content of note, just updated graphics, a roster change, some minor gameplay tweaks and add-ons, slap on a $50 price tag and people will buy it just because.

I'll still play it, of course, but I'll drag my feet on it if it's coming out full-price.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 04:09:11 AM by Apotheosis »
The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr - Mohammed

Momizi Inubashiri

• Banned
  • For :files:
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 03:59:38 AM »
well knowing Valve, they will make a 1/2 off if you own lf4. will thats my gess

Maryn

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 03:46:46 AM »
It seems interesting enough. But honestly at first I'd thought it was an expansion. Though you'll have to wonder will the original and the sequel main characters ever meet?