Author Topic: ITT, I ask for ecks bawx advice  (Read 3266 times)

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
ITT, I ask for ecks bawx advice
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:56:40 AM »
Okay, I'm pretty sure I'm getting an Xbox 360 at this point. The real question is this: do I want a native one or a Japanese one? I have my CAVE shooters to think about, but there is no reason to get an imported one beyond that. With a native one, DeathSmiles, MushiFu and ESPgaluda II are still playable, but there is no guarantee that CAVE will send DeathSmiles II, Ketsui and those weird games about bees over here. Not to mention there are plenty of non-import 360 games I'd like to play and don't want to fiddle diddle with lolRegions. :V

Now with your powers opinions combined, you can summon captain planet! voice a recommendation!

Matsuri

Re: ITT, I ask for ecks bawx advice
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 04:02:04 AM »
I'd see if the non-import games you want to play are compatible with a J360 first. If they are, go for the J360. If not, consider your priorities. :V

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:34:22 PM »
I'm in the same boat, but I've pretty much settled on a J360 because the only games that interest me are STGs. Cave pretty much said that Espgaluda II was the last region-free game for the time being. So unless Ketsui and Deathsmiles II get picked up for localization, it's unlikely that you'll get a shot at playing them. If Cave stands firm on their region-lock policy, then the same applies for Dai Fukkatsu and Pink Sweets, if they ever get ports. But then again, if these games aren't a priority for you, then this doesn't matter. Ketsui was the deciding factor for me personally. Another thing to keep in mind is that games released in the Asia region are compatible with a J360, by my understanding, and are sometimes released with English language versions. So there's a backdoor to try if a particular NTSC-U game isn't compatible.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 11:09:28 PM »
I think about the same thing, I think I'm deciding on a J360 if I can find a way to return it via warranty (I'm scared of the red ring of death, I'm a lemon-MAGNET).

Anybody know if the (NA) localized version of Death Smiles runs on a J360? I'm thinking of pre-ordering it but I don't want to if I can't play it on a J360.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 11:12:39 PM »
I think about the same thing, I think I'm deciding on a J360 if I can find a way to return it via warranty (I'm scared of the red ring of death, I'm a lemon-MAGNET).

Anybody know if the (NA) localized version of Death Smiles runs on a J360? I'm thinking of pre-ordering it but I don't want to if I can't play it on a J360.

It was region locked to NTSC-U only last time I checked.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 01:08:41 AM »
Seeing as its not yet released, no ones had a chance to test it. If it is compatible with a J360, then I may end up getting one despite the UGH price tag. I'd really hate to miss out on Raiden IV and Fighters Aces (JP versions of those are no longer available for purchase), but hey...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 01:11:04 AM by Odda C. »

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 04:13:36 AM »
Seeing as its not yet released, no ones had a chance to test it. If it is compatible with a J360, then I may end up getting one despite the UGH price tag. I'd really hate to miss out on Raiden IV and Fighters Aces (JP versions of those are no longer available for purchase), but hey...

If you're talking about Deathsmiles, then it was confirmed by Aksys themselves on their forums, last time I checked.

Elixir wrote a huge essay there about how Aksys are fucking themselves over by restricting the game from the PAL audience... I didn't read it.

An Odd Sea Slug

• Only the best.
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 04:31:59 AM »
Kanako-dammit... That cinches it. I'm grabbing a US one.

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 05:03:43 AM »
Kanako-dammit... That cinches it. I'm grabbing a US one.

Hm. Actually wait. Checking again, apparently it's going to be compatible with Asian 360s. Interesting. That actually confuses me now. Would that include J360s?

http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/436/page/2