Author Topic: Valkyrie Sky in non-moonspeak world. Finally.  (Read 119585 times)

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
Re: Valkyrie Sky in non-moonspeak world. Finally.
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2009, 02:13:57 PM »
When I finally figured out how to level and equip skills, I became an engine of AOE destruction and woop shooping like I have never seen.

WIZARDS ARE FUN :D

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2009, 05:29:47 PM »
Any classes comparable to any traditional shooter shot types (touhou or otherwise)? Or they all original?

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2009, 05:36:16 PM »
Swordsman- Not really, no. The sword deflects bullets, which is kinda neat on its own. At the very start, most people seemed to be picking this class because it doesn't appear to require as much dodgin skill if the swings/skills can be properly timed.

Summoner: One sub-class requires lining up and aiming while the other 2 are sort of like an indirect homing Reimu, using summoned monsters or buffing a single summon to do the damage for them while dodging.

Magicians: From what I've seen, some attacks need to be aimed, but their primary attack actually requires the player to lock on to enemies. Pretty cool to both play and watch.

Archer: Sort of a standard narrow shot type, although skills can increase width/range from what I've seen others do.

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2009, 06:09:44 PM »
Odin>Loki.

Fact.

Edit to give this post value: I've found fishing to be a great way to restore stamina while working on both the fishing and cooking skills at once.I have no idea if they do anything more than give a title or let you use nicer bait, but it's still nice to say that you can get skill way up there so easily and do something useful for your stamina and purse.

Earlier today, a character named Etna went around and captured as many Twilight crystals as there were. She, I, and the Rest of the people I talked to disagree with your equation.

Also, I love fishing for some reason. It's incredibly boring and whatnot, but as I was saving up money to blow on an Iron whistle (or whatever the 3 person audience one was) and I randomly just bought a new fishing rod instead because I heard stronger rods catch fish faster. I am also delighted at the option of a "Fishing Order Form" which is an item you get from the pattern matching game. What it does is for five minutes a page, catches fish for you automatically. I'm planning on saving up a few to use before I make dinner tonight for myself.

Also, I love the Archer Class. All of it's skills remind me of Gradius. Rapid shot is very useful for bosses and harder enemies, And Chaser shot turns your character around to face any monster on the screen. I wasn't even expecting it, but it even turns you around to hit behind you. Mirror shot seems almost useless to me. I haven't gotten dual shot yet, but I can imagine what would happen if I combine it on Rapid shot against bosses (two arrows going twice as fast?)

Summoner: One sub-class requires lining up and aiming while the other 2 are sort of like an indirect homing Reimu, using summoned monsters or buffing a single summon to do the damage for them while dodging.
I tried the summoner class, and it was like IN Yukari-Solo, Except neither Yukari nor Ran can shoot bullets. I kind of got fed up with it. In any case, I'm sticking to my Cat-faced Tengu.

Edit: so wait, everyone except Prismyoshi and I are on Asen? No wonder I'm so lonely.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 06:15:43 PM by Five Magic Stones »

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2009, 06:30:09 PM »
oh, this game. i played it a few months ago.

i guess i should try it again.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2009, 06:35:56 PM »
I'd be happy to play with you, Slaves~

That goes for the rest of you too, of course!

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
  • Not unwilling to shank you.
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2009, 11:30:50 PM »
I'm a day late ;-;
I had a teacher who used to play radiohead during class once.

ONCE.

Gpop

« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2009, 11:33:58 PM »
Played this at my friends house before.

I might get it eventually. Seems fun.

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2009, 07:32:11 AM »
how high level are the people playing on the gran side?  :V anyone in the 19-22 range ? cause I'm dying a lot to clip death and  coupled with a lack of bullet canceling abilities  :P
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 07:34:34 AM by pok »

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2009, 12:46:06 PM »
I'm on the Bran side, but I've been pretty slow at progressing. I'm only Level 6 right now with my Hunter.

Is anyone else starting to realize that the level ranges on stage areas means almost squat? Maybe it's just because we all have loads of experience from Touhou.

I'm playing as a Bowman, which is supposedly for "masters" and I'm taking care of all the stages with hardly any issues.

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2009, 03:53:28 PM »
Yeah, it's really only a matter of time before you start wondering if you're not grinding enough because the quests are several levels higher than you. Equipment wise, Leveling means almost nothing until about level 20 when you start getting "Life +x" more frequently.

Edit: Fair bit of warning, the stages will get hard, but more in a "moving from Stage 3 to Stage 4" sense, rather than anything to do with being underleveled.

I'm level 16 now~ Go me :V

Also, if you're interested in playing with me or talking to me, I have the same character name of my forum name.

And yes, Bowmen are hard to play, but damn if it's not fun.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 03:56:03 PM by Zakeri »

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2009, 05:19:41 PM »
I've pretty much could solo the stages up to the 18-19 range ; They generally give you the quests for an area when you're in the -1/-2 range of an new area one you've beaten the previous.

After that I couldn't really do it at all without anyway to shoot behind me, cancel a lot of bullets at once; ya know, stuff that the other classes can do. Although its funny to see fighters getting killed by melee attacks and lasers that you can't cut  :V

Retracted. there's a difficulty spike somewhere, and then everything gets stupidly easy again  :V
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 08:50:11 PM by pok »

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2009, 08:34:06 PM »
"The things that my Roukan Blade, Forged by youkai, cannot cut are ... a lot actually."

I did wind up partying with a YoumuKompaku earlier today. She was nice.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2009, 10:09:56 PM »
Yeah, I've taken to just doing the stages through to unlock the next set and then keep moving on. At the most I just kill bosses a lot slower, but so far they've still been pretty lax. I'll probably go back and get some quests done now though since they're such great EXP.

The skill table is a pretty stinkin' cool system. Although the wording on how skills overlap confuses me, it leads me to believe that having multiple of a passive don't stack, which is sad but I can deal with it. My Snare passive is pretty nifty. It only has a 1% activation rate, but it still seems to happen a good bit often with my high attack speed. I remember at one point it made it look like a boss ate his own bullets. xD

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2009, 10:12:12 PM »
"The things that my Roukan Blade, Forged by youkai, cannot cut are ... a lot actually."

I did wind up partying with a YoumuKompaku earlier today. She was nice.

They cut up everything I can throw at them in pvp though  :'(

It actually gets worse if I activate boss mode -

I find it hard to believe so many here are saying they're on Asen; especially when Gran owns all the crystals without a competitor in sight  :V

Anyone know what mentoring a friend does ?

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2009, 05:24:20 AM »
I've decided to jump on the bandwagon as well and getting this as we speak.

I guess I may go on Asen by virtue of that having more people, but...

Anyway, I've run Bowman classes last time I played Valkyrie Sky, that was BEFORE PvP was implemented, so I'm kinda bored of those. May consider either one of the Swordsman classes or Summoner classes this time.

EDIT:

Started the game, Asen Defender IGN: Aestylia

EDIT 2:

Oh god <3 Mangling so much
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 03:08:35 PM by TranceHime »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Cabble

• Ask me about my Cat.
  • Not unwilling to shank you.
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2009, 02:52:57 AM »
Oh my god this is so boring but so addicting

Side: Bran
IGN: Yakumo
I had a teacher who used to play radiohead during class once.

ONCE.

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2009, 07:15:57 AM »
The skill table is a pretty stinkin' cool system. Although the wording on how skills overlap confuses me, it leads me to believe that having multiple of a passive don't stack, which is sad but I can deal with it. My Snare passive is pretty nifty. It only has a 1% activation rate, but it still seems to happen a good bit often with my high attack speed. I remember at one point it made it look like a boss ate his own bullets. xD

The help system claims it does stack though; but with diminishing returns.

lol PvP valkyrie mode; most people only have crappy danmaku abilities right now, they're so easy to dodge.  :V
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 07:19:10 AM by pok »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2009, 07:26:59 AM »
Yeah after some pretty hilarious deaths while running a dungeon with Anathe/Lenin, I have to say that I'm disappointed there's still ridiculous instances of clip death

Also I fail with Swordsman classes >_>

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2009, 02:19:29 PM »
So I just feel like mentioning, Valkyrie Sky's music was apparently created by Dobu Usagi.

You may know him better as dBu Music because he does Touhou arranges

« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2009, 04:21:35 PM »
We know.

I mean, how can you not know when the more used of the two boss themes sounds like it was ripped from Touhou?

I swear I can hear bits of "The Young Descendant of Tepes" in the "Ville" area stage theme.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2009, 04:40:09 PM »
Trying.  Though I have fundamental issues with MMORPGs, this looks pretty cool.  And has dBu.  So I shall try it.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

An Odd Sea Slug

• Not here, but not really there.
  • Only the best.
    • You can save the world by clicking this link!
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2009, 05:26:42 PM »
I swear I can hear bits of "The Young Descendant of Tepes" in the "Ville" area stage theme.

So can I, lol.

Trying.  Though I have fundamental issues with MMORPGs, this looks pretty cool.  And has dBu.  So I shall try it.

So do I. This is the very first one I give a crap about. BTW, character wipe confirmed for post-CBT. Lets see if they return rates and movement speeds to normal to compensate.

EDIT: And get some more servers, because the lag is killer at times.

EDIT EDIT: Nevermnd, they apparently did last night. :V
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 05:37:04 PM by Odda C. »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2009, 05:31:25 PM »
Augh, crashed after I left the area after the first boss.

Meh...

EDIT: damnit, it did it again.  If I can't leave that area, I really don't have much impetus to keep playing.

Also:  Even in Valkyrie Sky, F O E!!  (Yeah, that's me.)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 08:35:40 PM by theshim »

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2009, 10:03:38 PM »
There's several ways to get around that right ? teleporting instead of taking off from camp or re-login and it'll put you back in the starting area.

I noticed there's a high risk of crashing if you try to take off immediately right after the stage ends though; like just as the screen fades in.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2009, 01:32:36 AM »
I assumed that being European I wouldn't be able to play this.

I was wrong.

Currently a Level 4 Archer (Roukan) in Bran. We need to set up a guild or something.

« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2009, 07:54:38 AM »
Makes more sense to start one when open beta starts. And somehow get everyone on the same side...  :V

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2009, 08:14:05 AM »
Yep, heard about the character wipe. Again.

Ahaha.

Anyway, I did the class change. Lv8 Defender/Knight (IGN: Aestylia)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2009, 12:20:24 PM »
I will undoubtedly end up playing more of this when I get home (grinding to 20 so I can at least have SOME interaction with Asen players), but for now I'll leave you a question.

Anyone else think that Showdown is incredibly reminiscent of the 'chorus' of Infinite Being?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2009, 01:04:03 PM »
Anyone else think that Showdown is incredibly reminiscent of the 'chorus' of Infinite Being?
That's it. I knew it was one song, but I didn't know which one. Thus, now I'm patiently waiting for a dBu version of Infinite Being.