Author Topic: Valkyrie Sky in non-moonspeak world. Finally.  (Read 119711 times)

Re: Valkyrie Sky in non-moonspeak world. Finally.
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 10:40:19 AM »
Everyone probably ends up changing class sooner or later to get skills anyhow :V

btw I'm that Yagokoro  ;D

I keep running into a Marisa for some reason...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:42:28 AM by pok »

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2009, 10:45:58 AM »
Wow this game is fun. The world map is so pretty too. <3

The name's Rohgas, and he's a Hunter. I'm having a blast with the stages, the really narrow normal shot can be irritating sometimes though.

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 01:03:37 PM »
I'll give this a shot.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2009, 01:13:26 PM »
Well well. I'ma gonna try this one.

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 03:10:18 PM »
This seems so freaking awesome.

I will sign up as soon as I get home tonight!

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2009, 03:36:17 PM »
Asen.

Summoner.

Called her Margatroid (for her full name wasn't enough space)

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 04:11:35 PM »
Im an Asen Archer, character name is Doomsday93. and i think i just saw you VideoGameCrack (just noticed a Margatroid)

even though the game just crashed on me. ah well

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »
Im an Asen Archer, character name is Doomsday93. and i think i just saw you VideoGameCrack (just noticed a Margatroid)

even though the game just crashed on me. ah well
What? For you as well?
It crashed for me when I wanted to go fly to the town.

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2009, 05:01:58 PM »
What? For you as well?
It crashed for me when I wanted to go fly to the town.
yeah. it crashed on stage 3 for the Dry Valley stage

it worked the second time i tried though. guess i just got unlucky

Minxix

• boring irish person
  • lives in a shed
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2009, 06:14:42 PM »
This game is frigging great, so I can overlook it crashing every second time I launch it.

My dude's a Bran Tamer called Miso, like anyone cares~

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2009, 08:51:18 PM »
I am so downloading this shit. How is it so far? (For those of you it's not crashing on :V)

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Menorah Jams, Pham

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 08:57:51 PM »
Can any former WoW players who are playing this state their class and how it compares to their WoW class?

I used to play a BM hunter and while pets in combat don't seem to be an option, I like the idea of being an AoE Wizard or Fighter.  They seem different but fun.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 09:16:06 PM »
Er... I actually can't figure out how to use the chat on there XD I try clicking the little chat window that comes up, but trying to type just does whatever command the key I'm hitting is linked to =/ I tried looking in Controls and Help but they didn't say anything <_<;

By the way, I play a Bran alliance knight named Shara on there if anyone cares.

Menorah Jams, Pham

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2009, 10:44:39 PM »
Asen Fighter, Feiling (Who was Hong Meiling's sister), Asen Sorceror, Weisenheimer.

Say hello!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:46:57 PM by MJP »

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2009, 11:13:16 PM »
Damn, all the Touhou names are already taken :c

Still, got lucky on my first attempt. :V

Ranger named HoujuuNue, Asen :V

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 11:36:51 PM »
Considering the fact that you can't dungeon or party with players of the opposite faction, I'm glad a lot of you guys ended up on the Asen side~

I haven't played since last night, but there was an emergency server maintenance early on. I'm guessing they weren't expecting such a surge in players... If it's still crashing, it would be because there are even more player in the daytime!

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2009, 11:49:46 PM »
I'm on Bran, haha. Ranger Cal (or archer or some such nonsense)

Pretty fun though...

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2009, 11:54:09 PM »
Considering the fact that you can't dungeon or party with players of the opposite faction, I'm glad a lot of you guys ended up on the Asen side~
That kinda sucks... Even Shin Megami Tensei Online made it perfectly okay to have Messians and Gaians team up in dungeon runs.

There any way to alter around your alignment? The beginner's guide seems to indicate changing it is impossible and once you pick it applies to each and every character you make (i.e. you can't make one law and one chaos, etc)... Also there's no neutral path. I am mad.

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 12:06:24 AM »
Looks like deleting to 0 characters and restarting is the only way... I'd like them to implement a change to that, and the still might given that this is an open beta.

(I remember playing IMAGINE. I only really stopped for school... I wonder if any of my old contacts still play?)

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 12:26:00 AM »
(I remember playing IMAGINE. I only really stopped for school... I wonder if any of my old contacts still play?)
I'd honestly not get your hopes up... As much as I enjoy the game, the maker (CAVE... yes, THAT one) has been a real prick and only adds cash shop items for updates on the JP server, and with no real updates to give to the EN server Aeria is forced to work with relatively simple events since they apparently aren't allowed to edit the game themselves.

As such, it's begins to lose its steam when the only thing you can do is spam the same dungeon over and over since CAVE doesn't feel like adding in new ones... (My char is level 71 now and frankly even the dungeon that currently gives the best EXP takes forever to get my EXP meter up... And these days I no longer have the time to just mindlessly grind.)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:28:18 AM by AlexX »

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 02:04:25 AM »
Asen Archer (Zengar) and Swordman (Ihakasa).
Also, has anybody gotten the sizes of the character's hitbox? I tend to be shamefully clipped far too much.
Also, fuck yes dBu.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 02:25:22 AM »
I am triangles the knight FOR THE ALLIANCE... I mean Asen because that's what MJP told me he was on.

Does everyone look the same forever?  And there's chick and dude classes?  LAME.

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2009, 02:29:29 AM »
I am triangles the knight FOR THE ALLIANCE... I mean Asen because that's what MJP told me he was on.

Does everyone look the same forever?  And there's chick and dude classes?  LAME.
All swordsMEN are female. :V

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2009, 02:55:37 AM »
Also, has anybody gotten the sizes of the character's hitbox? I tend to be shamefully clipped far too much.

I was getting clipped on Stage 3 when trying to solo. Having a party with swordswomen deflecting bullets for you is almost unfair, and a little bit boring, though.

Also, fuck yes dBu.

I smiled so big when I logged in and saw their name. On that note, anyone hear a hint of Touhou in the theme for the second main set of stages (the grassy one)?

Armor equips seem to change your appearance, but I wanna be a female archer/magician...

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2009, 03:00:32 AM »
Having a party with swordswomen deflecting bullets for you is almost unfair, and a little bit boring, though.
Doing the deflecting is plenty fun, however.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2009, 03:03:02 AM »
I'm loving Hunter-ness right now. Arrow Orb is fantastic for mobs and Pain Shoot is a nice boss damager.

I'm kinda wondering how you level skills though. I've been adding to the usage of skills (Arrow Orb is up to 3 uses at a time now) but everything is still Level 1. Does it level if I put more JP into it now that the uses are maxed?

Also, is there any way to restore stamina that doesn't cost money? I don't have the ingredients to cook anything and I can't afford a whistle for music.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2009, 03:15:43 AM »
I'm kinda wondering how you level skills though. I've been adding to the usage of skills (Arrow Orb is up to 3 uses at a time now) but everything is still Level 1. Does it level if I put more JP into it now that the uses are maxed?

Yeah, that happened when I put 3 doses of JP into a 2-slot move. It still has 2 slots, and both are Lv2.

Also, is there any way to restore stamina that doesn't cost money? I don't have the ingredients to cook anything and I can't afford a whistle for music.

Fishing seems to work, but I find it frustrating. Rods and bait aren't too much money, and the fish you catch can be cooked with Gary's ingredients to restore even more stamina. Stamina also restores at night (not morning or evening, though) at a pathetically slow rate.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2009, 04:21:13 AM »
Ah okay. I guess fishing can be fine until I can afford a whistle. It seems like music playing would be the most effective option since you can just repeat songs for awhile. Either that or hoarding a ton of food to cook.

And gosh, am I really the only Bran player here? I'm kinda sad now...

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2009, 08:02:57 AM »
Odin>Loki.

Fact.

Edit to give this post value: I've found fishing to be a great way to restore stamina while working on both the fishing and cooking skills at once.I have no idea if they do anything more than give a title or let you use nicer bait, but it's still nice to say that you can get skill way up there so easily and do something useful for your stamina and purse.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2009, 09:15:02 AM »
But, but... Oh bother. All you goodie, goodies with Asen. ;P

I quite enjoy the fishing and cooking. It's a nice way to put in some relaxing breaks in between stage running and the fishing area has some nice music too. I also just realized that you only gain stamina from *listening* to music, not playing it. Another nice incentive to get people socializing.

My love of Arrow Orb just keeps getting bigger. I got it to Level 2 now, and it got a nice damage boost and (I think) a bit bigger of an AoE with the orb and the arrow spread. It completely obliterates mobs of weak monsters. <3

Arbalest is pretty lol for bosses too. I tried it out on the boss of Dry Hills and his HP dropped like nothing. Gotta love it. I definitely picked the right class. <3