Author Topic: Gensokyo Everyday's story  (Read 68686 times)

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
Re: Gensokyo Everyday's story
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2010, 02:21:08 PM »
New version of the game is up. You can download it at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NNS99U7I

Awesome! I'm working on it right away.

Testing for the Shards: found the first one, and got it. it's been an hour of gameplay since I started.
The first treasure chest in the SDM duengeon doesn't work. I fixed it, though.

Got the next shard 16 minutes later.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 07:52:38 PM by Houraisan Kaguya »

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »
Ah the great news that I have been waiting for!  :D

DL'in

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2010, 06:04:52 PM »
Ah the great news that I have been waiting for!  :D

DL'in

Just to let you know, Four shards were placed in the map. Please find them, and record how long it took to find them. sank you~~

Edit: I fixed a problem with the Garnet shard, where you actually didn't get it. Also updated some weapons, and updated the weapon upgrade guy. Also, I put a really awesome item on Youmou. 1% droprate.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 06:53:16 PM by Houraisan Kaguya »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2010, 06:48:45 PM »
What level you needed to get there as well. Also I would like details on how hard it is to beat other characters in a duel.
Gensokyo Everyday's story My Touhou fangame http://gensokyosnack.blogspot.com/

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2010, 06:54:33 PM »
What level you needed to get there as well. Also I would like details on how hard it is to beat other characters in a duel.

I was around level 10. It's pretty easy to beat a character in a duel, but only if you have the best stuff. If not, it's pretty hard, but not like, insane. So, I can beat like, meiling, and not worry, but if I try to beat Remilia after meiling, I die.

EDIT: found another gem. I also fixed it, because you got two Ruby Shards. :<
EDIT: Where is the fourth gem? Well, I'm making a duengeon for it. *siiiigh*
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 07:50:58 PM by Houraisan Kaguya »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2010, 07:55:35 PM »
You need to talk to Shikieiki for the fourth jewel shard.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2010, 09:28:12 PM »
You need to talk to Shikieiki for the fourth jewel shard.

Well, I have a dungeon. I guess I'll put some sweet loot in it.

Sweet loot is:
Weapon: Obsidian Knife
Weapon: Teddy Bear
Weapon: Omega Blaster
Weapon: Crystalline Wand

Body Armor: Crystalline Dress
Headpiece: Cat Ears
Ring: Ancestral Band
Headpiece: Aetherium Tiara

exciting news: Not just is there a /ridiculous/ dungeon to attempt to beat, you can now add more people to your partyif you have enough friendship with them.(I've only done Marisa and Reimu as of now.)  :*

I can't seem to get Shikeki's event to work, and you'll be trapped there forever, beacuse she won't let you out. Or maybe I'm missing something. Anyway, I started Sanae, but uh, yeah. Working on making Sakuya and Reisin be able to join you, too. Also started Extra dungeon 1. I should have the update out by the end of the day. Hopefully...

Also! attack skills now take Stamina. However~ you also have a lot more stamina. :V (Well no. You get more as you level.)

EDIT: AHAHAHAHAAHAH Extra Dungeon 1. It's awesome. I made sure to put warnings before you enter them, so you don't get flattened instantly by insanity monsters. EDIT: I made Extra dungeon 1(located in the basement of the SDM) easier, by inserting a note somewhere that tells you how to solve it... sorta...

I managed to beat the Hakurei Dungeon, actually. I nerfed it, though, because it was a little too strong(It flattened my level 70 Reimu.). I recommend a level of like, 50-60 before going in there. but, a group of 4 or more 40's might work, too. ...that is, with good equipment. Looking at the food that's creatable, I should fix that, and set up a potion shop and stuff. After all, money should be able to buy things, if you're too lazy to make them yourself, or don't want to collect items. ...of course they'll be pricy.

Talking about shops, I made a weapon shop, just in case you lose an item or something. (all it has is the starter weapons. <3 Ugh, spellcard trade in all function is broken. I don't know what happened. I may or may not fix it. I also made it so you can trade spellcards for money, too.

Also, for those who don't like giving gifts, I set it so that you can get items only obtained from friendship by also dueling the character. Of course, the drop rate is crazy low. It's a good idea if you want doubles, though...

Expect an update by 12AM EST.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:41:43 PM by Wonderful☆Life »

Just a GBZero

• <Kaisou> ...Yeah, kinda small, but I think it works...
  • Too much manga now means not enough manga
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2010, 07:28:27 PM »
The Sakuya speed error is still in, when you activate Patchouli's first event, her speed is set slower, and isent reset.  Also I'm keeping a list of errors I found so far, let me know if you would like to see it.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2010, 07:29:52 PM »
The Sakuya speed error is still in, when you activate Patchouli's first event, her speed is set slower, and isent reset.  Also I'm keeping a list of errors I found so far, let me know if you would like to see it.

Read my tower post, first. All the stuff mentioned in there will be on the update in about 8 hours. Yeah, I'd love to see it. ^__^ but please make sure I didn't mention it in any of my recent posts.

Just a GBZero

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2010, 07:48:53 PM »
Sorry about it, thought you siad you fixed it, since versions have been relesed since.

Looking though the list again, most of them are just layering errors, and people getting stuck leaving the map.  The only big bug I noticed was selecting Weapon Skills in the menu would lock up the game.  And Exiting out of the left exit of Nitori's house/waterfall would get you stuck.  Small one is Alice's doll in Marisa's house can be picked up multipul times in a row.

Completely unrelated to that, but could you fix Koakuma's hair.  The bright purple hair is kinda painful to the eyes, and it is'nt that color in cannon

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2010, 08:01:59 PM »
Sorry about it, thought you siad you fixed it, since versions have been relesed since.

The only big bug I noticed was selecting Weapon Skills in the menu would lock up the game.  And Exiting out of the left exit of Nitori's house/waterfall would get you stuck.  Small one is Alice's doll in Marisa's house can be picked up multipul times in a row.

Completely unrelated to that, but could you fix Koakuma's hair.  The bright purple hair is kinda painful to the eyes, and it is'nt that color in cannon
Fixed, Fixed, Fixed, Fixed.

Also, finally, at level 13, I got all shards. It took me about 2 hours.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:17:09 PM by Wonderful☆Life »

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2010, 02:00:00 AM »
Bump for UPDATE! The thing we've all been waiting for!

Summary of updates, for those too lazy to read the tower-post.
-At a certain level of friendship with Sakuya, Reisen, Reimu, Sanae, and Marisa, you can recruit them. Be warned, though. You can only have 4 people with you... so store a character in the guest bed.
-Sanae scenario started.
-3 extra dungeons! One is by the Hakurei Shrine, the other in the basement of SDM, and the other in Entei. Easiest, harder, even harder, respectively.
-A lot of new items, and tons of spelling corrections and new descriptions.
-Skills now take Stamina.
-Stamina increases as you level up.
-Market now sells Armor, Weapons, and more potions.
-you can trade spellcards for cash
-all 4 shards corrected.
-upupdowndownleftrightleftright
-changed base stats of each class
-Sanae starts at level 5.

So here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?mykj2ykwrmm

Enjoy v0.8!

So just fyi, I'll be away for like, a week or so, so I won't be able to do any updates. However... I might be able to make another dungeon, depending on the amount of work I finish today, for school. ^__^

I was planning for about... 13 Extra dungeons, each with even better weapons and armor. Also, I'll make Youmu a playable character. Please, post any problems you find (besides clipping problems, I know about those...) so I can improve on them~~
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 03:22:17 PM by Wonderful☆Life »

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2010, 03:22:35 PM »
Bump for update. Sorry for the triple post.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2010, 05:52:45 PM »
We have some really different ideas on what the game is going to look like. First of all I love the weapon descriptions and what you did to the scenario selection screen. Also Sanae was defintely going to be a playable character. I'm not so hot on the dungeons you added although there will be more combat areas in the game. I guess we should talk about the other stuff over chat sometime this weekend. 

If you want you are entirely free to create your own version of the game.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2010, 06:03:41 PM »
I'm not so hot on the dungeons you added although there will be more combat areas in the game. I guess we should talk about the other stuff over chat sometime this weekend. 

If you want you are entirely free to create your own version of the game.

I guess we should talk about the other stuff over chat sometime this weekend.

Well, the dungeons are optional. Completely optional. I just put them in there for people who want to challenge their skills at the game. After all, it takes a lot of friendship training /and/ combat traning.

It's tempting, but I'd rather help you out here.
I'm also away Friday to the FOLLOWING Sunday. That's a week.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:34:16 PM by Wonderful☆Life »

Just a GBZero

« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2010, 06:12:49 PM »
Picking up the saphire shard in the ice area gave me 8 middle spellcards and a ruby shard.

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2010, 06:44:04 PM »
How do you want to handle future updates to the game? As for me I plan on working on UFO and SWR sprites next until we can get together and flesh out a plot.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2010, 07:25:13 PM »
Is marisa fixed in v0.8? I downloaded and had a little play with v0.7, and found she still couldn't sleep in her own bed. I could go sleep in reimus though lol. just a bit far to go everytime though!

without the skills options in 0.7 I got owned by the fairies lol.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2010, 07:29:16 PM »
How do you want to handle future updates to the game? As for me I plan on working on UFO and SWR sprites next until we can get together and flesh out a plot.

Hmm. For right now, I really want to expand the areas, and add more weapons, items, and stuff for skills. Yes, we should definitely get together and flesh out a plot. I'm completely available tomorrow, basically.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2010, 07:33:00 PM »
Is marisa fixed in v0.8? I downloaded and had a little play with v0.7, and found she still couldn't sleep in her own bed. I could go sleep in reimus though lol. just a bit far to go everytime though!

without the skills options in 0.7 I got owned by the fairies lol.

^__^ I fixed all the beds and diaries. Although, with Sakuya's diary, you have to access it from the top. Also, second bed is for all the other party members, because you can't have more than four characters. ...And you get 5. Combat got a little more difficult, by the way. but, you get 1/12 of their HP in XP.

« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2010, 07:33:43 PM »
Hello. So I've downloaded the Runtime packages and installed them, then downloaded Project2.exe, extracted and ran Game.exe, and the game crashes before anything other than a black screen comes up. I've tried downloading RPG Maker XP itself and installing that, then redownloading Project2.exe, but that didn't change anything. I even tried running Game.exe in compatability mode for XP Service pack two, still crashes. I can't seem to get this game to work.

I'm running Windows Vista 64 bit.

Any ideas on how I can get this game to run?

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2010, 04:14:49 AM »
Hello. So I've downloaded the Runtime packages and installed them, then downloaded Project2.exe, extracted and ran Game.exe, and the game crashes before anything other than a black screen comes up. I've tried downloading RPG Maker XP itself and installing that, then redownloading Project2.exe, but that didn't change anything. I even tried running Game.exe in compatability mode for XP Service pack two, still crashes. I can't seem to get this game to work.

I'm running Windows Vista 64 bit.

Any ideas on how I can get this game to run?

Google found this: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=921745&topic=41023595

« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2010, 04:53:42 AM »
I highly doubt this has anything to do with Vista, actually. It's more likely that I'm running 64bit.

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2010, 02:03:40 PM »
Possibly. Also, fixed the shards, so you get one of each. I would really like to know where you're going with these shards, the_shadow... (My thoughts are Yukari side quest?)

Picking up the saphire shard in the ice area gave me 8 middle spellcards and a ruby shard.

It didn't give you anyspellcards. Something else did.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 02:48:41 PM by Wonderful☆Life »

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2010, 03:10:54 AM »

:yukkuri:

I'll be releasing an update soon.
Contents:

-Youmu as a playable Character. (and addable, too.)
-The boss in the above screenshot, which means a new hardest thing ever.
-Said Boss drops(25% chance) the currently most powerful armor in the game, also supplying you with a really cool skill.
-Marisa's father sells stuff now.
-Sanae weapons, with skillz!
-UMBRELLAWEAPONS

V 0.8.5 - http://www.mediafire.com/?wttnjijmilz

Also,I just noticed that on the other side of nitori's waterfall, to get to the area where extradungeon 4is located, you need to press the action button to activate it. I forgot to set it to contact >_<
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:48:11 AM by Wonderful☆Life »

warpshadow

• I get it
    • anifanatikku
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »
update
I continue to work on the ufo sprites. I have a working Kogasa and Murasa and Nue should be done next.

In the mean time could you work on the following things
A recruitable Alice, Meiling and Suika. Since they are only recruitable you don't have to follow the same rules as the main characters.
A forest dungeon on the other side of Wriggle's house Map (darkness forest map id 66).
A two layer ice cave connected to the snow field.
Also think up some event ideas. Even if you don't add them I can code them if you tell me about them.
Also where do you think we should stick the temple of Myouren?

Just a GBZero

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2010, 07:12:04 PM »
Couldent you put it past the graveyard to the north?  Nothings up there as far as I recall.  Got no ideas for the event stuff though.

Also sorry to bring it up again, but the battle sprite for Koakuma is using the old design, and the currents green skin is more berable then the old ones hair.  That is of .8 at least

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2010, 11:50:50 PM »

Well, I have this long, uncompleted route on the other side of Nitori's waterfall. It's also where the crystal boss is. :< Also, hi. I'm in DC right now <3

MaronaPossessed

• I am free to dream of my own dream
  • and so I shall dream
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2010, 03:06:44 AM »
Major error on the next patch. If you talk to shikieiki repeatly, she'll keep giving you 30g.

Mikirin

« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2010, 03:27:03 AM »
I dunno, but at the Prismriver mansion you can walk through the ceiling and that cracked area. o.o