Author Topic: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]  (Read 228268 times)

Re: Touhou Fantasy [New Topic]
« Reply #450 on: July 02, 2014, 08:11:36 PM »
First fight using Bubble: put Bubble on Koishi, Ruby Dragon uses Meteor and wipes out all but Koishi, Koishi then runs away, and somehow keeps the extra HP from Bubble.
Second fight using Bubble: put Bubble on everyone, Bubble user herself and Cirno get killed during the fight with Koishi and Keine surviving. Keine uses Hakutaku after getting Bubble. End result: Bubble caster has ~50% more HP than she should, Cirno has the normal amount of HP, Koishi still has the 2x from Bubble and Keine is down to 1 HP. All different results!
This skill keeps getting more and more confusing, since it seems sometimes it works as intended and sometimes it just does what it wants...

Xenomic

• T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #451 on: July 02, 2014, 08:17:55 PM »
Wtf??? What is it that I am missing here...I am not understanding! >_<

It has to not be reading it after battles...it HAS to. I'm going to try and put it back in the Common Event, and hopefully it doesn't break this time...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l9z24t49t3c2tfw/Touhou_Fantasy_Experimental_Patch_1.04.rar

« Reply #452 on: July 02, 2014, 08:27:16 PM »
Ok another battle result: everyone has Bubble on, all but Koishi die during the fight, Keine does not use Hakutaku. Bubble user +50% still, Cirno normal HP, Keine 1 HP and Koishi normal HP. That's .... progress?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #453 on: July 02, 2014, 08:30:22 PM »
Do any of them have +% HP accessories on at all? That's something I should ask. If not, then...I don't know, this coding is bizarre...

« Reply #454 on: July 02, 2014, 08:35:49 PM »
Nope none of them do. If I understood some of the coding, each character has its own set of code for the Bubble effect right? You could check how Cirno's part is done and see if it's any different from the others, since that's the only character that hasn't had any issues in setting the right HP after battle.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #455 on: July 02, 2014, 08:41:20 PM »
Her coding is the exact same as everyone else...hmmmm. I'm going to try something with Koishi, so test the Bubble status with her if you would.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2libwvi15uyy226/Touhou_Fantasy_Experimental_Patch_1.05.rar

« Reply #456 on: July 02, 2014, 08:57:49 PM »
Tried a few battles and Koishi kept her normal HP as one would hope. And with identical circumstances, Keine ends up with 1 HP and Bubble caster with +50% more HP. Surely their coding must be somewhat different then?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #457 on: July 02, 2014, 09:12:27 PM »
Hmm...that's because I changed a bit of coding in Koishi's. I'm going to try this one more time with everyone, and I want you to try it again if you can with everyone. Dead, alive, whatever. And then if it works fine, try it with the +% stuff to make sure it doesn't break with those.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ls2d6n183c6di8/Touhou_Fantasy_Experimental_Patch_1.06.rar

« Reply #458 on: July 02, 2014, 09:26:21 PM »
Whatever you changed, made it even worse.

[attach=1]

This is after everyone has gotten one Bubble spell cast on them. First character's HP kept changing every turn, Koishi and Cirno were bouncing back and forth between 2x HP and normal HP and Keine, well, got stuck with 1 HP right from the start...

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #459 on: July 02, 2014, 09:44:06 PM »
Ok...that didn't work at all....well damn. With Keine, does this 1 HP thing happen ONLY when she gets Bubble put on her or...? And the HP thing normally ONLY happens after fights, and not during (during fights, with Bubble status on, HP does still double right? And if KO'd and Bubble is removed, it DOES return to normal, right??). If you need to test a bit more, try in the debug room too.

I reset things back to how they were. Probably still buggy with the status but here's this so you can have it normalized:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/th556dn9u8yynod/Touhou_Fantasy_Experimental_Patch_1.07.rar

« Reply #460 on: July 02, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »
With Keine, it's only the Bubble causing issues, nothing else. And prior to the previous patch, Bubble was working as intended during the fights (apart from the first report I told you where Koishi's HP didn't reset normally after the Bubble buff ran out).

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #461 on: July 02, 2014, 09:59:35 PM »
Hmmmm...yeah, go to the debug room, grab whoever you want and the Bubble user, and fight the Test 0 enemy there to test this further. It'll be quicker that way as the enemy has 1 Speed and won't do anything else. Just use Defend to waste turns and see what happens when the status runs out (the Bubble spell makes the status last for 50 turns). If it doesn't revert during the fight at all, just let me know. It's also quicker to run away during those fights (you should be able to run anyways), so you can probably bring Sakuya along if you want to run faster or whatever. I recall not having any issues with this when I tested it out so it's bizarre that it's doing this...

« Reply #462 on: July 02, 2014, 10:38:30 PM »
I did some testing in the debug room and I can confirm that letting Bubble expire during the fight will have identical results to ending the battle while it's active. That means Keine will have 1 HP should Bubble run out during the fight.
After confirming that, I tested Bubble + running away from combat on a few characters:

- Reimu, Marisa, Youmu, Remilia, Patchouli, Utsuho, Koishi: normal HP after fight
- Meiling, Sakuya, Bubble user: +50% HP after fight

Is there anything different about those 3 compared to the others?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #463 on: July 02, 2014, 10:44:47 PM »
Hm...was the results constant with these characters? And I'm being very confused as to why that's leaving Keine at 1 HP at all times...

EDIT - Here's the coding for them right now:

This is just baffling me, and if it keeps up, I may have to remove the status outright...arrrgh...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 10:47:41 PM by Xenomic »

« Reply #464 on: July 02, 2014, 10:59:51 PM »
Yes the results are consistent. Only explanation I can think of is that something else in each of the "malfunctioning" characters' stats is interfering with the Bubble behaviour. Status resists, magic resists etc.
Any similarities to be found in those?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #465 on: July 02, 2014, 11:11:16 PM »
Hm....so what I'm understanding is:

A) If Bubble expires during battle, it acts as though it's still active.
B) If running away while under Bubble, some characters return to normal while others don't.

Resistances shouldn't matter at all in this. HP+% stuff might though...maybe...but those are on a different variable entirely so those shouldn't be affecting anything...so what I'm going to do is remove the HP/MP +% stuff (so don't use those please) and leave Bubble in the Parallel Process events, and see how that works out for after battle stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/81q31dtfskfjwgu/RPG_RT.ldb

« Reply #466 on: July 02, 2014, 11:24:49 PM »
A) If Bubble expires during battle, some characters return to normal while others don't.
B) If running away while under Bubble, some characters return to normal while others don't.

Fixed it for you. I'll do some more testing later if it's still required.

« Reply #467 on: July 03, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »
I don't know what exactly you changed in that last patch, but now the HP/MP+% stuff is working correctly on Keine. But she still gets to 1 HP after Bubble runs out though. Could it have something to do with the Hakutaku coding, since that affects HP as well?
That wouldn't explain the +50% HP boost some characters still get after Bubble expires though.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #468 on: July 03, 2014, 07:55:49 PM »
Hm...maybe I should just make Bubble do something else entirely if it's going to bug up this badly. Only two characters in the game can inflict the status, so changing what it does in the coding shouldn't be too hard. Double Max HP is kinda strong anyways I guess...any ideas on what it should do other than the HP boost?

« Reply #469 on: July 03, 2014, 08:04:26 PM »
Well since the idea of the Bubble is to help take a big hit and survive it, make it halve/nullify damage from the next attack perhaps?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #470 on: July 03, 2014, 08:10:33 PM »
I can't really nullify anything, and halving it probably won't be easy to code (especially for the next attack). I could replace the Bubble spell for something else entirely I suppose, if I absolutely must. Keep in mind, the status can only be inflicted by
Spoiler:
Hope and Wriggle. Why Wriggle too? I don't know...
With the first character, it was something that was completely unique to her (much like the Return spell is unique to her). I could potentially use another spell/status from the FF series if I must to replace the Bubble spell entirely (and status) so...

« Reply #471 on: July 03, 2014, 08:32:21 PM »
I was thinking it would work somewhat like Blink, where your evade chance is increased for a limited amount of hits. Instead of halving the damage, why not make it give a Blink-like boost of defense, something like 1000 points?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #472 on: July 03, 2014, 08:38:01 PM »
I can't give solid stat boosts. Statuses only allow you to either halve or double stats sadly. Blink only works against regular physical attacks too (never physical skills), so it's not NEARLY as useful as it sounds.

« Reply #473 on: July 03, 2014, 08:41:15 PM »
Doesn't Cirno have a skill that boosts stats by a solid number (9)? And a lot of other characters have something similar as well. Why can't it be done in this situation then?

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #474 on: July 03, 2014, 08:44:07 PM »
Those don't grant statuses though is the thing. They just outright increases stats. Plus I'd like for this status to be a bit more unique since again, it's only used by a couple characters right now (might be three, if I upgrade Suwako in the future).

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #475 on: July 03, 2014, 11:16:26 PM »
I'm not sure how similar this is to what you have in the coding already, but maybe try this.
When status inflicted:
-Store character's MaxHP as a variable.
-Double MaxHP(or whatever increase you want it to be)
-Restore HP by [variable's value]
====
When battle ends or status is no longer present:
-If CurrentHP > [variable], CurrentHP = [variable]
-Set MaxHP to [variable]

Is something like that possible?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #476 on: July 03, 2014, 11:21:37 PM »
Hmmm...I COULD give that a try and see how that works. I'd have to make it an entirely different variable for all HP values as to not override anything else. But in the end, I'm starting to really think Double Max HP is a bit too much and isn't really THAT necessary in this game so maybe something else would be better to have (kinda like how I was going to have Disease in the game, but just removed it in the end).

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #477 on: July 03, 2014, 11:45:01 PM »
Hmmm...I COULD give that a try and see how that works. I'd have to make it an entirely different variable for all HP values as to not override anything else. But in the end, I'm starting to really think Double Max HP is a bit too much and isn't really THAT necessary in this game so maybe something else would be better to have (kinda like how I was going to have Disease in the game, but just removed it in the end).
Well, like I said, it could always be tweaked to something like 1.5x or a flat 1000 HP increase or something.

If you don't use that, what else might you try implementing?  Another FF status, or perhaps one with an original idea?
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #478 on: July 03, 2014, 11:49:28 PM »
Well, there's also the issue of it conflicting with the HP+% accessories too so there's that to keep in mind. It might be another FF status, depending on what it is, or something entirely unique to the characters in question. I just need to brainstorm what they could be.

Xenomic

• Xenomic's Lair
« Reply #479 on: July 04, 2014, 01:23:45 AM »
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p9dvp6owahly3/Missing_or_Updated_Music_Files

If you have not gotten any of the updated music files, please get them here. If there are any songs that are NOT playing for you (you can check this in the debug room in the Music Rooms. If you do not mind spoilers, please do this for me), let me know so I can reupload them to this folder. For instance, Aya's and Momiji's battle themes have been replaced now, as well as Yuyuko's second boss theme.