Author Topic: Touhou convention  (Read 5364 times)

DeltaSierra4

• Behind each smile
  • is ten thousand sorrows
Touhou convention
« on: October 08, 2013, 04:17:43 AM »
Hello guys, DeltaSierra4 here. I'm not sure where I should post this link but given that SAVIOR is often used for con-related posts I'll post here (if this post better fits another board the admins may move it elsewhere as they seem fit. Much appreciations in advance!)

So, after awa and meeting so many touhou fans (once again thanks so much for attending and showing our appreciation for the fandom!), my group of friends from the 'Touhou Brigade' of Mid-West Touhou were really impressed. Joe, a friend of mine in the MWT who has some experience with running cons, wanted to organize a Touhou convention in the near future. I've been in some preliminary discussions with Joe about the event (locations, attendance, etc.) and we're looking forward to kick starting this project.

Link to the project page: http://www.studiojaw.com/?section=p&subsection=

We're currently looking for potential staff members for this project. More details are here.

Have any questions? Fire away!
"Times will bring that up over and over again. It's like I'm dying from my mental hemophilia... Forgetting the past is easier said than done. You know it dies hard, and when it dies, it dies with you."

danyun

• Accomplished Lurker
  • Hey
Re: Touhou convention
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 04:47:31 AM »
I remember people talking about doing this, would be awesome if we got this to happen.
It'd be pretty easy to spread the word with all those Touhou Facebook pages.
I like rain. Do you like rain?

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:33:45 PM »
I'd be interested in this, definitely.

Unfortunately, my only con experience is as an attendee.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 11:33:06 PM »
If this happens bringing it a little close the the Canadian border (more specifically, Ontario border) would be great for us Canadians who'd want to attend.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 12:34:32 AM »
If this happens bringing it a little close the the Canadian border (more specifically, Ontario border) would be great for us Canadians who'd want to attend.
Did you know that we already have a Touhou Festival at Otakuthon in Montreal? I ran it last year and we're already working on 2014.

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 12:55:02 AM »
Did you know that we already have a Touhou Festival at Otakuthon in Montreal? I ran it last year and we're already working on 2014.
Having attended it myself, I can vouch that it's pretty great from an attendee's perspective; everyone reading this should make the effort to see it next year if you aren't already committed to doing so~ :)

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 01:51:43 PM »
Ever since missing AWA (money issues) and the Touhou specific convention in Montreal (didn't have a passport/heard about it too late), I've been a bit stir crazy for conventions.

Being stuck in the a boring, dismal corner of PA doesn't help.

So I really wanna see something happen!

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 08:59:59 PM »
KatsuCon is coming up in February, if you have a convention itch that needs scratchin'. Not a ton of Touhou stuff there, but it's a great con in general.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 10:17:59 PM »
KatsuCon is coming up in February, if you have a convention itch that needs scratchin'. Not a ton of Touhou stuff there, but it's a great con in general.

Yup! I'm looking forward to Katsu.

I was one of the three Sanaes from last year.

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 11:20:39 PM »

Ooo, I have also been planning to attend Katsucon for some time now; next year's con will actually be my first time attending. I'm hoping to see some my friends from previous conventions there, as well as some great Touhou cosplay to kick off a new year of videos
Spoiler:
(hopefully, with a brand-new camera, too)
~! :D

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

SIRookie

• I have no idea what I'm doing
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 12:25:14 AM »
I was kind of excited to hear that there was (essentially) a Reitaisai-style convention here in the west, but at the same time disappointed when I heard it was in Canada. Myself being from mid-Florida, AWA was about as far from home as I'm willing to go. We have Megacon here in Orlando (which helps with my annual con fix, but last year there was one Eirin and one Reimu (plus maybe a couple of wall scrolls, but that was the extent of it as far as I could tell)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 02:18:14 AM by SIRookie »