Author Topic: Sparen's Code Dump (Final updates)  (Read 284090 times)

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Pok?DigiDanmaku v0.35 Release!)
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2013, 09:32:38 PM »
main game as in Black and White... I got some just for convenience 

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2013, 09:45:08 PM »
main game as in Black and White... I got some just for convenience

Well, thanks for the offer, but I've decided that using small sprites won't help the game. Besides, I personally like Stage 1's sprites. I may replace the Celebi with a less-ugly one, but I can't guarantee more than that.

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #182 on: April 28, 2013, 04:11:00 AM »
Well, thanks for the offer, but I've decided that using small sprites won't help the game. Besides, I personally like Stage 1's sprites. I may replace the Celebi with a less-ugly one, but I can't guarantee more than that.
Honestly, official portrait art =/= good boss sprite, it looks bad because you shrink it down to scale and it's all pixly.  Also that it's out of place from all the other sprites...

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #183 on: April 28, 2013, 05:33:37 PM »
Okay~ I just changed my profile pic to a meme I threw together for LOCAA.

Status reports:
PDD: Fixing bugs, enhancing visuals, working on Stage 3's stage portion
LOCAA #3: Adding effects, writing code
Kogasa: Procrastinating.

Edit: April 29, 2013: PDD v0.23, PDD v0.24, and the Kogasa Player Script test have been removed from BulletForge.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 08:54:07 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (TC Kogasa v0.08)
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »
KOGASA PLAYER SCRIPTS V0.08 {RC-1} READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

This script is finally complete (after lots of procrastinating!). I probably won't be updating it again, but there may be some tweaks later on.

Download link available here: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/kogasa-player-script/v/008

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Pok?DigiDanmaku v0.39 Release!)
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »
POK?DIGIDANMAKU v0.39 RELEASE READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

DL: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/pokdigidanmaku-pre-beta/v/039

This version does NOT come with the spellcard gallery. It has a number of changes from 0.35, especially regarding stage 3

Basically, I just threw this together for review purposes. It also serves as an update.

This version comes with the player script and music, but does not come with the spellcard gallery.

The complete changelog can be found in the folder.

Bug and Suggestion List:
FIXED:
-Stage 2 opener enemies take too long to defeat [MINOR] {Fixed: 0.40}
-Stage 1 opener bullets should spawn in different places. Same for the non-aimed pichu [MAJOR] {Fixed: 0.40}
-Stage 2 midboss lunatic nonspell too dense [MAJOR] {Fixed: 0.40}
-Do the Overdrive, Special port for Electrical Storm (Stage 1) [MINOR] {Fixed: 0.41}

Cut:
-Celebi Timestop often leads to deaths [UNCONFIRMED]
-Pikachu's First Spell sometimes walls the player [MAJOR]
-Celebi Spell (45) has gaping blind spot. Sort of [MINOR]

To be worked on:
-See if music can be started during the boss event script [MINOR]
-By Version 1.00, there must be a game file that plays all stages, as well as practice stages that differentiate from the stage files called by the main game outline. [PLANS]
-Send @Background for stages into another #include [PLANS?]
-Do something about Celebi's nonspell lasers. They're ugly. [MAJOR]
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:45:14 PM by Sparen »

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2013, 09:38:27 PM »
Aha note that .39 has been the only one as of recent I played of PDD
@0.39
-YES SEs AREN'T EAR RAPING ANYMORE! (Dunno how long that was fixed)
- Still bothered by Celebi and Pikachu's sprites... e.e Though Celebi's does looks better than that other one... Do what you did to Charizard! D:< That looks so cool...
- Celebi's lasers look... sorta ugly...
-Also, time to tackle dialogue. Some things Veemon says are... rather... -enter durr hurr effects here-:
Celebi: I'm Celebi the guardian of time
Veemon: Oh. That sounds nice.
Something about that seems really off... I don't know why... Probably because I'm spending too much time with lolis instead of Digimon... xD

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
« Reply #187 on: May 05, 2013, 10:12:10 AM »
That Charizard midboss is pretty cool, but are the two Charmander (I'm not sure if I got the name right. Please forgive my lack of knowledge about Pok?mon.) that shoot orange arrowheads supposed to stay on the screen as the midboss appears and starts attacking? It makes the battle more difficult, maybe a little difficult for Easy Mode.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #188 on: May 05, 2013, 02:41:51 PM »
That Charizard midboss is pretty cool, but are the two Charmander (I'm not sure if I got the name right. Please forgive my lack of knowledge about Pok?mon.) that shoot orange arrowheads supposed to stay on the screen as the midboss appears and starts attacking? It makes the battle more difficult, maybe a little difficult for Easy Mode.

It's been changed so that the bullets are on the screen but the enemies are no longer firing them. It's supposed to blend the midboss with the stage, but it's been made easier.

May 07 EDIT: PDD v0.31 and PDD v0.35 have been taken down from BulletForge. The main post has also undergone a makeover because my projects are more important than my release archives.

May 10 EDIT: Tutorials keep on getting edits. Also, I plan to release PDD's next build tomorrow once the midboss is done. Either that or I'll try to cram some more stage in.

May 11 EDIT: Tutorial 013a done
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:59:54 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Pok?DigiDanmaku v0.45 Release!)
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2013, 06:05:59 PM »
POK?DIGIDANMAKU v0.45 RELEASE READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

DL: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/pokdigidanmaku-pre-beta/v/045

This version does NOT come with the spellcard gallery or the music. Please use music from 0.39 release http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/pokdigidanmaku-pre-beta/v/039

This release completes the mid boss. To access Normal, Hard, and Lunatic mode, find "E" in the stage script for stage 3 and change all to "N", "H", or "L".

Bug and Suggestion List:
FIXED:
-Send @Background for stages into another #include [PLANS?] {Done: 0.49}
-By Version 1.00, there must be a game file that plays all stages, as well as practice stages that differentiate from the stage files called by the main game outline. [PLANS] {Done: 0.50}
-Do something about Celebi's nonspell lasers. They're ugly. [MAJOR] {Finally fixed: 0.50}

Cut:

To be worked on:
-See if music can be started during the boss event script [ENHANCE]
-Add an Extend point system in so that I don't need to make enemies drop 1ups. [ENHANCE]
-MAKE BATTALION OF FLAME EASY!!! [MAJOR]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:38:53 AM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Pok?DigiDanmaku v0.45 Release!)
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2013, 01:58:29 AM »
Tutorial 13b is complete.

On a side note, it seems that the columns seem to be non-aligned all the time in my tutorials. Since this depends on the user's computer, the only solution is to revert this to a one column system or to *greatly* expand the tutorials with code blocks. I seem to favor the latter, although it will make things harder to read and follow.

Edit: May 17, 2013: Tutorial 14 complete. Basically a review and summary of the Error Message Thread's first post
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:05:49 AM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Touhou Terranean Cataclysm and other works!)
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2013, 07:34:35 PM »
LOCAA CONTEST #3 SUBMISSION: SUICUNE BOSS BATTLE V1.00 {RC-1} READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

For download, please PM me on MotK, the Moriya Shrine, or Skype so that I can confirm that you are not a judge.

If you do not want spoilers, please do not download the script.

People who CANNOT download this script:
Mewkyuu/LonelyCry/Inferior/Calimera/Quux/Yaku/etc.
TrollTrain

Please do not provide videos of this script. Please do not rip code from this script. Please do not use a white color player character because I can guarantee that you will die.

Currently known issues:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:42:41 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Touhou Terranean Cataclysm and other works!)
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2013, 10:30:09 PM »
HOMEBREW.RTF READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Download

This is basically just a glorified .rtf that has the same font and background color as the Homebrew skin for the MacOSX Terminal Window. That's all. FYI: Andale Mono 12 pt font.

More info and a preview can be found on my website. https://sites.google.com/site/sparensprojects/misc-projects#TOC-Homebrew.rtf

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (TC Kogasa v0.09)
« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2013, 11:32:13 PM »
KOGASA PLAYER SCRIPTS V0.09 {RC-2} READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

This version hopefully fixes the lag issue with KogasaA. For those of you who have been playing my LOCAA contest entry, please use this updated version instead.

I do not believe that this update will break replays for KogasaA. It will not break replays for KogasaB.

Download link available here: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/kogasa-player-script/v/009

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (TC Kogasa v0.09)
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2013, 11:09:18 PM »
KOGASA PLAYER SCRIPTS V0.10 {RC-3} READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

Basically, I was watching Kogasa's replays and... well... those umbrellas looked ugly. So I made then ALPHA instead of ADD. Looks a lot better now, talismans still ADD b/c otherwise they look like bullets.

For those of you who have been playing my LOCAA contest entry, please use this updated version instead.

This version will not break replays. It will enhance them.

Download link available here: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/kogasa-player-script/v/010

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (TC Kogasa v0.10!)
« Reply #195 on: May 23, 2013, 11:04:09 PM »
BULLETFORGE CLEANUP

(Hele, got the message. This cleanup is in response to your conversations with Blargel over versions.)

Good point Ozzy raises. If the script is exactly the same, but improved due to version change then I don't see a reason either to clutter bulleforge with bugged/faulty scripts.

But this cannot be complete stopped since it is a scriptwriter's discipline as well. If you keep spamming updates for every little bullet/function change (which I see a lot because the same threads are always bumped to top) then logically we're going to run into problems like these. Maybe we can encourage people to thoroughly workout their scripts before uploading. Logically singular scripts or simple plural bosses are exceptional, since those are mini-projects. I am more like talking about examples such as: "Player Script <Girlname>" version 0.1  0.2  0.3  0.4 0.41  0.411a 0.411abc (you get the idea)

While it cannot be forced, people should learn to release things once they are completed (a 1.0 version at least). Releasing a fixed release due to critical bugs or discovered issues is very common and falls under "patching". I am seriously raising my eye brows in confusion every time I see a thread being bumped for micro changes. Then again, it isn't illegal or against the rules particular. Just not classy. And I don't want to force dumb rules people should follow. RikaNitori has to stay a flexible and relaxed place and not constrained by guidelines.

The following script versions have been cleared from BulletForge:
TCX v0.06
TCX v0.10
TCX v0.16
TCX v0.22
Utsuho Player v0.08
Utsuho Player v0.10
PDDVee Player v2.5
DDD R1
DDD R2
DDD R3
DDD R4
Kogasa Player v0.05
Kogasa Player v0.07
Kogasa Player v0.08

If anyone wants a specific version that has been cleared from BulletForge, please PM me and I will do something about it. I will continue to clear out old versions. On that note, PDD will be updated soon.

Edit: I've revamped PDD. As a result, I'll be featuring a release very soon, because I need feedback.

Briefly stated, all of the stages have finally been linked together.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:28:22 AM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Pok?DigiDanmaku v0.50 Release!)
« Reply #196 on: May 24, 2013, 12:54:12 AM »
POK?DIGIDANMAKU v0.50 RELEASE READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

DL: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/pokdigidanmaku-pre-beta/v/050

Music DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?lzvbi2kh3ggep

This release has some more of Stage 3. To access Normal, Hard, and Lunatic mode, find "E" in the stage script for stage 3 and change all to "N", "H", or "L".

More importantly, this version comes with FULL GAME scripts. These will be upgraded to include Stage 3 once Stage 3 has been completed.

Bug and Suggestion List:
FIXED:

Cut:

To be worked on:
-Add an Extend point system in so that I don't need to make enemies drop 1ups. [ENHANCE]

Edit: Versions 0.39 and 0.45 have been removed from BulletForge.

EDIT: I seem to have made a stupid error. I've attached the CORRECT stage files. Replace the faulty ones with these OR just fix it manually by commenting out the Stage 3 stuff in the full game scripts for Normal, Hard, and Lunatic.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 02:01:12 AM by Sparen »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #197 on: May 25, 2013, 06:40:43 PM »
Stage 3 Easy~
?Too hard for easy mode.
?It keeps bringing me to the side.
?The first nonspell's bubble bullet is too fast...i thought id just have to move a bit to the left.
?This is confusing, what is the midboss and boss?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #198 on: May 25, 2013, 07:27:35 PM »
Stage 3 Easy~
?Too hard for easy mode.
?It keeps bringing me to the side.
?The first nonspell's bubble bullet is too fast...i thought id just have to move a bit to the left.
?This is confusing, what is the midboss and boss?

1) Really? I'm pretty sure that Stage 1 is harder than this.
2) What do you mean?
3) There's a delay laser to notify you that it's coming. Also, it's not that hard if you're paying attention
4) The boss isn't done yet. I'm trying to be like Yuugi and have the boss be inside the stage as well. Only modern army commanders sit halfway across the world as their men die. Charizard doesn't. He likes to take out intruders personally.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »
1) Really? I'm pretty sure that Stage 1 is harder than this.
2) What do you mean?
3) There's a delay laser to notify you that it's coming. Also, it's not that hard if you're paying attention
4) The boss isn't done yet. I'm trying to be like Yuugi and have the boss be inside the stage as well. Only modern army commanders sit halfway across the world as their men die. Charizard doesn't. He likes to take out intruders personally.
1- I played EoSD stage 3 on normal, and bombed once, then I played this on easy and died 5 times.
2- Nevermind
3- Can you atleast mae the graphic smaller?
4- Ok

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #200 on: May 26, 2013, 07:54:23 PM »
1- I played EoSD stage 3 on normal, and bombed once, then I played this on easy and died 5 times.
2- Nevermind
3- Can you atleast mae the graphic smaller?
4- Ok

1) Where are you dying? Are you dying at the start? During the Midboss? Post-midboss? There are two main places to die here, and those are Charizard's second nonspell and spell. The rest of the stage is basic dodging and streaming.
3) I can't. I'm using a shotsheet that has its IDs maxxed out. And besides, it's not that fast of a bubble bullet. That stuff is streamable.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #201 on: May 27, 2013, 02:23:20 PM »
Touhou 14: Double Dealing Character STG_Frame

DL: http://www.mediafire.com/view/ecny04sa86um9p4/DDC.png

Only the frame itself is done. I have not inserted the life images, the spellcard text, etc.

This was created by downscaling Drake's image rips. Apparently, the reason why the game is HD is because everything is 4 times as large.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 02:28:34 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (LOCAA Contest #3 Submission COMPLETE)
« Reply #202 on: May 27, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »
LOCAA CONTEST #3 SUBMISSION: SUICUNE BOSS BATTLE V1.07 {RC-2} READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

Download: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/suicune-boss-battle/v/107

It's here! It's finally here! My long-awaited release of my LOCAA Contest Submission! A Suicune boss battle with 5 nonspells and 7 spells, lots of polar and parametric experiments, and lots of shiny bullets! If you love curvy lasers (...) or love dying (...) or love Suicune (!!!) or love non spells (!!!) then get it now! Rate and Review! And more importantly, enjoy!

Please do not use a white color player character because I can guarantee that you will die.

Currently known issues:

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2013, 12:12:34 AM »
LOCAA CONTEST #3 SUBMISSION: SUICUNE BOSS BATTLE V1.08 {RC-3} READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

Download: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/suicune-boss-battle/v/108

Download with Danmakufu included here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wdnsrrno7hcwj49/Sparen's_LOCAA_Contest_3_Entry.zip
**Also comes with KogasaAB v0.10

This version adds Easy Mode for the main script and fixes a bug with Spell 3's background. That's all. No replays should be broken.

It's here! It's finally here! My long-awaited release of my LOCAA Contest Submission! A Suicune boss battle with 5 nonspells and 7 spells, lots of polar and parametric experiments, and lots of shiny bullets! If you love curvy lasers (...) or love dying (...) or love Suicune (!!!) or love non spells (!!!) then get it now! Rate and Review! And more importantly, enjoy!

Please do not use a white color player character because I can guarantee that you will die.

Currently known issues:

EDIT: THIS IS NO LONGER THE FINAL RELEASE. I WILL BE RELEASING EXPANSIONS.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:58:54 AM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2013, 09:41:48 PM »
LOCAA CONTEST #3 SUBMISSION: SUICUNE BOSS BATTLE V1.09 {RC-4} READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

Download: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/suicune-boss-battle/v/109

Download with Danmakufu included here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/489jbau9a1nw74w/Sparen's_LOCAA_Contest_3_Entry_v1.09.zip
**Also comes with KogasaAB v0.10

This version adds two more versions of the main script. Basically, these don't have the STG_Frame and all of the object effects associated with it. That means less lag on some of the attacks. There is also Nonspell 6 in the Nonspell rush, so all replays of the Nonspell rush will be broken.

Currently known issues:

KYLLALLRENN PLAYER SCRIPT v0.03 {RC-1} READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

Link: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/kyllallrenn-player-script/v/003

See Bulletforge for more details~
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:59:25 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (LOCAA Contest #3 v1.09 Release Ready for Download!)
« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2013, 09:24:42 PM »
UPDATES~

PDD: There is now a STG_Frame built into all stages. I plan for the next release version to be the Official Demo, with three complete stages on ENHL. Please wait warmly.

LOCAA: My script is done.

Kyllallrenn: ...The sprite is ugly. But the rest is fine

Utsuho: I don't know if I should attempt to improve the graphics.

Kogasa: Done.

Tutorials: Exam 2 has been finished. Projects 2 are in progress. For more information, go here: https://sites.google.com/site/sparensdanmakufututorials/dnh-0-12m-tutorials-part-3/dnh0-12m-exam-2

Please check for any errors in the exam. Thank you.

I'm going to shift my focus back to PDD now. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it nice to look at and nice to play.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Pok?DigiDanmaku v0.54 Release!)
« Reply #206 on: June 04, 2013, 12:24:37 AM »
POK?DIGIDANMAKU v0.54 RELEASE READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

DL: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/pokdigidanmaku-pre-beta/v/054

Music DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?lzvbi2kh3ggep

This release has lots and lots of effects added. To access Normal, Hard, and Lunatic mode, find "E" in the stage script for stage 3 and change all to "N", "H", or "L".

More importantly, this version comes with FULL GAME scripts. These will be upgraded to include Stage 3 once Stage 3 has been completed.

Added in the latest versions are a STG_Frame, difficulty icons, boss names, Life icons, Bomb icons, point #s, FPS meter, Enemy locator, and a bit of other stuff.

Bug and Suggestion List:
FIXED:

Cut:

To be worked on:

Bugs:
-All full game scripts, ENHL Stage 1 do not show up in the Data Folder. {Submitted by Qwertyzxcv|June 3, 2013|Resolved|June 3, 2013}
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:29:18 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Pok?DigiDanmaku v0.54 Release Ready for Download!)
« Reply #207 on: June 09, 2013, 01:50:35 PM »
ANNOUNCEMENT

I am now the Wine AppDB super maintainer for Touhou Danmakufu. As such, I will now be taking test data for ph3. Also, I am now able to run ph3, so I am now able to R&R ph3 scripts and such.

If I find ph3 to be attractive enough, I will start churning out scripts for ph3 over the summer.

Pok?DigiDanmaku is currently stalled, but will continue shortly.

LOCAA contest entries are due by June 12, 2013!

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2013, 05:59:38 PM »
Your game is looking really good so far! :D
I like the player too :D

Just a few comments...
1. The stage 1 boss has too much yellow.
2. The beginning of stage 2 is really easy. (but fun)
3. The stage 2 boss is over the player in the dialogue.
4. The stage 2 midboss has too much health.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2013, 09:34:28 PM »
Just a few comments...
1. The stage 1 boss has too much yellow.
2. The beginning of stage 2 is really easy. (but fun)
3. The stage 2 boss is over the player in the dialogue.
4. The stage 2 midboss has too much health.

3) ...Uh... what does this mean?
4) It has the least amount of HP of any boss in the game.