Author Topic: Sparen's Code Dump (Final updates)  (Read 284026 times)

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Terranean Cataclysm, Pok?DigiDanmaku, and more!)
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2013, 12:17:18 AM »
First of all, allow me to say that having another tutorial here is not pointless. I like how you want the reader to experiment and have fun with Danmakufu. That's what makes programming enjoyable to me~
It's a nice start of a tutorial. My only suggestion for improvement might be adding a few images because it could be helpful for certain explanations (for instance x and y velocities).
There are a few things  that bug me in part 007. In the second quiz, option b uses "Red02" instead of "RED02". Danmakufu is case sensitive...
It's nice that you point out that when you make a circle of x bullets, the angle has to increase by 360/x. I recommend always writing "angle+=360/x;" when making circles, also if 360 happens to be divisible by x or 360/x happens to have a finite decimal representation. This makes the code more self-explanatory (if you for instance want a circle of 125 bullets, the angle increment will be the weird number 2.88, which I don't think many people will guess equals 360/125) and easier to modify if you need to do it ("40 bullets wasn't dense enough, but 60 is too dense. Let's try 50") without having to calculate every angle increment (you get Danmakufu to do it for you). It's also what you have to do if you want x to be a variable (let's say that you want to make an attack that gets harder over time).
Anyway, good luck with your projects!  :)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2013, 02:47:05 AM »
In response to Qwerty...
...and other stuff

https://sites.google.com/site/sparensdanmakufututorials/danmakufu-0-12m-tutorials/lesson-plans

These are my plans! basically, this is what I plan to go over in my tutorials. Problem is, I need to master Danmakufu before like...object effects. Mainly because I suck at them.

If there's anything that slipped by me, please post so that I can add it to the lesson plans.

And yes! As soon as that stupid music file is fixed (...Why does all of my music fail to work? I dunno if it's my version of Audacity), I should be motivated enough to continue Pok?Digi Danmaku!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2013, 03:37:46 PM »
POK?DIGIDANMAKU v0.20 RELEASE READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

DL: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/pokdigidanmaku-pre-beta/v/020
DL w/o music: http://www.mediafire.com/?6t3qc0t5m1azcth *Music volume has changed since 0.16

This release does not come with the Stage 2 music because that is still broken and mangled. It comes with the pre-midboss portion of Stage 2 on Easy Mode only. Stage 2 must be manually selected because the stages are not yet linked together.

Bug and Suggestion List:
FIXED:

Cut:

To be worked on:
-Make the stage banner flash on then off. [ENHANCE]
-See if music can be started during the boss event script [MINOR]
-By Version 1.00, there must be a game file that plays all stages, as well as practice stages that differentiate from the stage files called by the main game outline. [PLANS]
-Pikachu's First Spell sometimes walls the player [MAJOR]

Edit April 16, 2013: The bulletforge link has been cleared out.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:17:20 PM by Sparen »

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2013, 03:01:17 AM »
It definitely can, I've done it. GetEventStep and SetStep are your friends. Look them up and if you have any questions on how to use them, feel free to ask. Just make sure you don't call GetEventStep when an event isn't running, or it will error.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Touhou Terranean Cataclysm and other works!)
« Reply #124 on: March 29, 2013, 02:49:33 PM »
POK?DIGIDANMAKU VEEMON PLAYER SCRIPT V2.6 {RC-6} READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

Major changes to Fladramon and Magnamon's damage. THIS VERSION WILL BREAK REPLAYS FROM 2.5b

Unless debilitating bugs are found or additional player balancing/new functions are needed for Pok?DigiDanmaku, this is the final release candidate and will not be updated further.

Download link available here: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/pokdigidanmaku-veemon/v/26

Currently known issues:
-Lasers don't tell you if they are hitting the foe due to lack of effects [ENHANCEMENT]
-Lasers may suddenly disappear; bug is fixed upon changing types [UNCONFIRMED]

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2013, 12:15:32 AM »
KOGASA PLAYER SCRIPTS V0.03 READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

TESTING RELEASE ONLY. Focused bomb has the unfocused bomb as a placeholder right now.

Please state if anything is broken or lags. That's the main purpose of the release. Please give feedback about player balancing too.

Download link available here: Link

Currently known issues:

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Kogasa Player Script v0.03)
« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2013, 12:28:17 AM »
Wow, I'm very impressed! Your spriting has really improved!
Maybe change Kogasa's shots to Talismans and/or Murasa's Droplets? Because the laser looking shot looks meh...

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2013, 01:26:58 AM »
Wow, I'm very impressed! Your spriting has really improved!
Maybe change Kogasa's shots to Talismans and/or Murasa's Droplets? Because the laser looking shot looks meh...

Talismans: Isn't she supposed to be exterminated with talismans? XD
MurasaDroplets: I really don't like using common bullet graphics because people will confuse them for bullets that they're supposed to dodge. Also, she never actually used them...

I'll think about graphical changes, of course. Still, I'm using ZUN's player script resources anyway, so might as well check to see if other things look better.

Thanks anyway~

Also, regarding the spriting...

Basically, I made Suiroga pixel by pixel.
PDDVee and Okuu were made using NetLogo and by taking a screenshot of the image... Not entirely reliable (+ NetLogo's limited image functions)

This time, I did it pixel by pixel, just like with Suiroga, except I took the colors directly from Kogasa's cutin and used ReimuC from MoF for a design comparison (skirt size, etc). I also avoided her hair by using the umbrella, and I BSsed the side movements by using the Danmakufu SetGraphicAngle, so yeah~

Still, I know how to use Seashore much better now, so that's good. GIMP tutorial #1 has been passed.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:32:07 AM by Sparen »

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2013, 02:13:36 AM »
Well Kogasa DOES use them... So... That wouldn't be completely ironic...

Edit: I'm talking about Talismans...

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2013, 02:27:01 AM »
Well Kogasa DOES use them... So... That wouldn't be completely ironic...

Edit: I'm talking about Talismans...
AAH.  :colonveeplusalpha:

OK. I have her focused bomb as that spell with talismans and I still managed to not realize it. Wow.

...Yeah... This might become an issue. But... well, I'll think about it. I have the graphics for talismans there already, so I might consider changing things (although her main shots would become talismans while the other bullets would become option shots)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2013, 04:02:14 PM »
Danmakufu 0.12m Tutorials: Exam # 1

Link available here: Exam

I know it's probably... really freaky, but at the very least I hope that my answers are accurate...

On a side note, I'm procrastinating on Pok?DigiDanmaku due to lack of feedback. I'll try to complete Stage 2 by Tuesday, but it seems pretty unlikely.

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2013, 04:52:23 PM »
I don't see any obvious errors in the exam. I think I could have fun solving the problems if I programmed in 0.12m.  :)
The only thing that bothers me is question 24. I thought "360 degree turn every 120 frames" meant that the bullet turns 360 degrees, waits 120 frames, turns 360 degrees again etc. I wondered why. A 360 degree increase is no change at all. Maybe you could mention that Suika wants to make a bullet with angular velocity.
Random tip if you want an angle increment that does not go into 360 (this method actually tests if numbers have any common factors with 360):
Because 360=2*2*2*3*3*5, you'll need a number that isn't divisible by 2, 3, or 5. To check 2 and 5, make sure that the last digit isn't 0, 2, 4, 5, 6 or 8. To check divisibility by 3, check if the digit sum is divisible by 3 (for instance 53 isn't divisible by 3 because 5+3=8 isn't divisible by 3).

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2013, 05:10:03 PM »

Thanks for your feedback. It has been implemented, and you've been credited. If you want a different credit name or don't want your name to be shown, just tell me and I'll remove your name (by making the font black)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2013, 10:27:31 PM »
KOGASA PLAYER SCRIPTS V0.05 READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

Feedback and suggestions for KogasaB will be taken into consideration! Probably.

Download link available here: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/kogasa-player-script/v/005

KogasaB suggestions:
-Exclamation Marks (I'm really considering the possibility of an Exclamation Spark Bomb)
-Talisman shots

Currently known issues:

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #134 on: April 02, 2013, 09:36:49 PM »
TOUHOU 13.2 TERRANEAN CATACLYSM EXTRA STAGE v0.29 READY FOR DOWNLOAD

Download Link: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/touhou-132-extra-stage/v/029

Feel free to post comments and bug reports below.

This project is on indefinite hiatus, so Akyu may never come in. However, if I really feel like this could be made much better, I may return to it. In due time.

For more information, please consult the Changelog.

Bug reports and Suggestions are always welcome~

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (TC Extra Stage v0.29 Release)
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2013, 08:57:57 AM »
Interesting script. Just some things I reacted to:
- The second nonspell (The one with the shiny bullets) is way too dense.
- The boss isn't bombresistant, which IMO makes this extra boss easier than most of the "original" ones by zun, even if the patterns may be difficult here, because you can just bomb through alot of the patterns.
- The last spellcard becomes a bit unfair at the end. What am I saying, it becomes BS really fast here. Atleast Ran's and Yukari's final (not for Yukari, ofc) had a feeling to be dodgeable even at the end. Also, ADD blending everywhere.
- I seem to get some error with a file names 01 Seiryuu "Talisman Eruption".png. Doesn't seem to change playability of the script though.

Attached a replay of the script using ReimuA.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:01:26 AM by Darkness1 »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2013, 08:50:52 PM »
Interesting script. Just some things I reacted to:
- The second nonspell (The one with the shiny bullets) is way too dense.
- The boss isn't bombresistant, which IMO makes this extra boss easier than most of the "original" ones by zun, even if the patterns may be difficult here, because you can just bomb through alot of the patterns.
- The last spellcard becomes a bit unfair at the end. What am I saying, it becomes BS really fast here. Atleast Ran's and Yukari's final (not for Yukari, ofc) had a feeling to be dodgeable even at the end. Also, ADD blending everywhere.
- I seem to get some error with a file names 01 Seiryuu "Talisman Eruption".png. Doesn't seem to change playability of the script though.

A) Do you mean the second spell/third nonspell?
B) I did that on purpose, although it seems to have partially backfired.
C) If you're talking about the Last Word, I couldn't get it to be like the original, so the port version wasn't that great.
D) You mean when unzipping the file? Because those are in the spellcard gallery and have nothing to do with the script itself.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2013, 09:34:24 PM »
A) Do you mean the second spell/third nonspell?
B) I did that on purpose, although it seems to have partially backfired.
C) If you're talking about the Last Word, I couldn't get it to be like the original, so the port version wasn't that great.
D) You mean when unzipping the file? Because those are in the spellcard gallery and have nothing to do with the script itself.

A) The second NONspell.
B) Kind of, only the "final spell" seems to survive bombs.
C) Nope, I mean the "final" spell, before the last word.
D) Ok then.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2013, 09:50:43 PM »
A) The second NONspell.
B) Kind of, only the "final spell" seems to survive bombs.
C) Nope, I mean the "final" spell, before the last word.
D) Ok then.

A) I was confused because there were only talismans in the second non spell.
C) Oh, you mean the talisman spam at the very end when his life drops below a certain point.

And yeah... you aren't supposed to use default Reimu and Marisa unless you've used the CtC recolors because the ADD bullets blend in with their graphics and make it very hard to dodge.

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2013, 12:57:33 AM »
SOUND EFFECTS! asogeouibeouib! Severe Earrape... Change it... That's a major thing, not a minor...

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2013, 01:06:02 AM »
SOUND EFFECTS! asogeouibeouib! Severe Earrape... Change it... That's a major thing, not a minor...

Which script? TCX? PDDVee? PDD? Kogasa? Okuu?

PhantomSong

• Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2013, 01:27:01 AM »
Which script? TCX? PDDVee? PDD? Kogasa? Okuu?
TC!

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2013, 01:44:59 AM »
TC!

Ah. That's because I never went and edited the SFX that still overpower the music. If I decide to add more, I'll be sure to replace the TC bullet and wave SFX with the ones from PDD (that have like half volume).

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #143 on: April 05, 2013, 09:36:12 PM »
Announcement

For those who were wondering about the Challenge Thread (now locked), here's the alternative archive.

https://sites.google.com/site/sparensprojects/projects/danmakufu-challenges/challenge-archive

If you still want to receive feedback, just PM me with it like before.

Just remember: I probably won't being adding new challenges. If there aren't any requests for more, there won't be any more, unless I feel like adding one.

@Helepolis: This isn't meant to go against your lock post. It's just that I've received PMs about the thread being locked (from some people who are thinking about scripting some challenges), so I'm making sure that the resources are available in multiple places.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Pok?DigiDanmaku v0.23 Release!)
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2013, 02:41:50 PM »
@Qwerty: No. I'm not planning on making 71 more versions of TCX.

POK?DIGIDANMAKU v0.23 RELEASE READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

DL: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/pokdigidanmaku-pre-beta/v/023

This version comes with Stage 2's music, all of stage 2 except for most of the boss battle, and more. There have been changes to the stage portion, etc, and there was a bug fixed in the second event of Stage 1.

The complete changelog can be found in the folder.

Bug and Suggestion List:
FIXED:
-Stage 2: Not enough time to POC [MAJOR] {Fixed: 0.24}
-Stage 2: Lunatic/Overdrive opener floods screen [MAJOR] {Fixed: 0.24}
-Stage 2 Celebi Midboss Spell: WAY. TOO. OVERPOWERED. (All difficulties) [MAJOR] {Fixed: 0.24}
-Stage 2 Celebi Boss Nonspell 1: Gaping blind spot. Needs to be covered (and at the same time, bullet density must be reduced) [MINOR] {Fixed: 0.24}

Cut:

To be worked on:
-By Version 1.00, there must be a game file that plays all stages, as well as practice stages that differentiate from the stage files called by the main game outline. [PLANS]
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:51:41 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Pok?DigiDanmaku v0.23 Release!)
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2013, 01:03:55 AM »
Review!

Time to review the currently-in-progress Stage 2 of Pok?DigiDanmaku.

Okay, let's start by reviewing the stage portion, then comment a little more on the bosses and their attacks.

Wave 1: Some Pichus walk up to you and fire rings of 5 bullets for a while; more Pichus pour in from the side, shooting directly at you and then fleeing like cowards.
  Those Pichus must really be pumped, because they're shooting much larger bullets than any of the other ones, in addition to how much longer they take before going down. (On Lunatic, those bullets become especially obnoxious because, in addition to their increased hitbox, the bubbles flood the stage and turn it into yellow hell, much like what was seen in the early releases of the first stage.) Nothing else glares at me much; the Pichus that flood in from the boundaries seam in well enough to compliment the pattern, I think.

OK. Noticed it, and I guess I should just increase number of bullets rather than size.

Banner: "The Forest of Time"
  Another forest, so close to the first one... :p

Wave 2: Hoppips cause some trouble with their spiral patterns, as more Pichus dive in to assist.
  I don't really have much to comment on here; the Hoppips are fine, the Pichus are fine... the only thing I could consider arguing about is that there isn't always time to auto-collect items before the next wave comes in, since it starts as soon as the screen is clear of enemies.
I know about the autocollecting issue, but I'm more worried about the stage being longer than the music. I'll see what can be done.

Wave 3: Pichus stop using their moves and start throwing trinkets at you.
  That's a pretty neat pattern... even if it is completely safe at the top. It feels like a bit of a warm up for the entrance of the midboss, and most of the bullets have lingered off the screen by the time of its arrival. If you shoot them all in the center, though, they don't give much offense to hit you with anything.
I'll make it so that they either enter the screen farther up or create bullets that go upwards.

Midboss: Celebi gives you a taste of just how much pain she'll cause you at the end of the stage.
  I've commented on this below.

Wave 4: More Pichus play with toys, and yet more Pichus cause minor interference with their huge balls of electricity.
  The Pichus that spawn on the left side just... appear out of nowhere. Even though they probably won't spawnkill you, it isn't as attractive as if they had some kind of entrance. Nothing much to say here.

Wave 5: Hoppips try again to dissuade you or something.
  The enthusiasm kind of dies down here, because this exact pattern has been seen before, only there's less going on here than in their first appearance. If there were more of them, or in different places, or if they moved differently, or something else, then this would be a bit of a different case. Granted, I'm examining this past my first playthrough, so this probably isn't as much of a concern as I'm making it seem.
I'll see about this, but then again, Stages 1 and 2 are a port, so I'm sort of adamant against changing things too much.

Wave 6: Chikoritas hop into the scene, dogged to cause you some grief.
  The final part of the stage portion is familiar to the Stage 1 script, where a "final" enemy delivers a pattern before allowing you to fight the boss... is this going to happen in every stage? (I'm just wondering.) Anyways, I don't have any major qualms with them or their patterns (and it's refreshing to see a different enemy graphic :p).
No it's not going to happen. Originally, there were three of them, but I decided that that was too much and that I wasn't going to port it a third time.

Boss: Celebi greets you, then tries to kill you.
  Please look below you. :p

Something I noticed in the script was that there was more coordination in the enemy patterns (as well as less streaming) than in the first stage. As well, it isn't as painful to look at as Stage 1 was in its infancy (unless you play on Lunatic). These kinds of things I like to see. (But the banner still doesn't have any transition. >_>)

Transition=pain to program. The main issue is when I link the stages together. The thing about the coordination is that Stage 1 was my third stage script ever, with the former two being total failures. Not only that, it was done on NetLogo originally. Now that I have Danmakufu, making things more intricate is much easier, so the coordination and stage quality should increase as I continue forwards.

------------------------------
Midboss: Celebi Part 1

Nonspell Attack: Headed lasers and player-bound shots
   Ehh, it's nothing too fantastic. This attack doesn't seem to be that much different from the nonspell attack of the midboss in the first stage, and it sometimes feels that way as well. It's definitely more intense, but not really exciting or interesting to play through. Even if this is the midboss, it could use some new ideas to meet with the new stage. (Also, on Lunatic, the attack appears to be quite difficult to weave through, but the lasers' hitboxes are cut short on the tail end, so you can just go through them as the next laser approaches you. Not exactly pretty...)

Spell Attack: Spring of Life "Leaves in the Bright Sky"
   Well, this attack is more interesting than the last, to be certain; it's also a very sudden difficulty rise, and it hardly fits in a Stage 2 script, bearing its teeth as it does. It could benefit from having less bullets per circle or fewer circles or wider circles or even different angle incrementations of the circles, but it's far out of place in this script as it is.

I was wondering if this would murder people. I lowered the difficulty about two-three times already. Looks like I'll keep Overdrive the same and cut the difficulty of all of the other difficulties.

Boss: Celebi Part 2

Nonspell Attack: Near-repeat of the first nonspell attack
   Now, at first I thought this was pretty much the first attack with a few things tweaked, but after some study, I've realized that the concept of this attack is entirely different from it. Though it may appear to be the same attack waiting in the back, what you're SUPPOSED to do is stand close to Celebi so those pesky lasers don't get in the way. (In other words, this attack is broken.) Honestly, though, this is way too much like what Celebi was using in the middle of the stage (and I wasn't terribly fond of that one either). Fix the hole if you want to keep this, but I would recommend replacing it entirely.
For this one, I doubt I'll replace it. I don't really want to go back to the original non spells.

Anyway, thanks for the review (although it'd be nice if I could have gotten some of it before I made the stage scripts...)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
Re: Sparen's Code Dump (Pok?DigiDanmaku v0.24 Release!)
« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2013, 10:18:35 PM »
Yay! I finally 1CC'd PCB Easy Modo! Practicing in Danmakufu+not having played in a long time = success!

I'm going to post an announcement below.

POK?DIGIDANMAKU v0.24 RELEASE READY FOR DOWNLOAD!

DL: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p/pokdigidanmaku-pre-beta/v/024

This version is basically 0.23 with the bugfixes. This version comes with the player script but not the music. (On Victini's suggestion)

The complete changelog can be found in the folder.

Bug and Suggestion List:
FIXED:

Cut:

To be worked on:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:26:40 PM by Sparen »

« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2013, 07:14:59 PM »
Nice. Not that most of what I complained about was a serious problem (barring the boss attack difficulty/exploits), but I've mostly been silenced... mostly. I'm not absolutely sure the easiest solution to fixing the hole in the boss's attack is making lasers shoot in both directions; would it not be simpler to just have all of the lasers from the original attack be shot towards the boss? (Or you could make the boss shoot bullets at you if you get too close, like in IN ;P)

Also, the Pichus after the midboss that fire the rings of 5 bullets don't appear to scale in difficulty.

And don't worry too much about the banners; I'm just being a bother. :V

(And good job on the 1CC!  :))

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »
Nice. Not that most of what I complained about was a serious problem (barring the boss attack difficulty/exploits), but I've mostly been silenced... mostly. I'm not absolutely sure the easiest solution to fixing the hole in the boss's attack is making lasers shoot in both directions; would it not be simpler to just have all of the lasers from the original attack be shot towards the boss? (Or you could make the boss shoot bullets at you if you get too close, like in IN ;P)

Also, the Pichus after the midboss that fire the rings of 5 bullets don't appear to scale in difficulty.
I'm just really scared that the bullets will flood the screen. They were originally bubble bullets.

Video of Stage 2 Hard, NetLogo version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQOdH1GcPJY

I do have to say that I did in fact port it much more accurately than I did Stage 1.

And don't worry too much about the banners; I'm just being a bother. :V
XD

(And good job on the 1CC!  :))
Thanks~ Although beating Easy Mode should have come much earlier since I did manage to 1cc SA Easy. Still, ending with 3 lives is much better than I imagined. That first spell has always annihilated me, and I never expected to last that long in her Final Spell and Survival Spell. Butterfly bullet hitboxes for the win!

Edit: For those who are interested, my Danmakufu Exam # 1 has been updated with Cirno's Perfect Math Class. You're not supposed to play it while taking the exam, of course, but hey. You never know.

https://sites.google.com/site/sparensdanmakufututorials/danmakufu-0-12m-tutorials-part-2/dnh0-12m-exam-1
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:20:21 PM by Sparen »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #149 on: April 12, 2013, 12:50:30 AM »
@Helepolis: If this is illegal, then I won't do it again.

Suggestions: 1. Lunatic on stage 2 is way too easy! Its easier than stage 1!!! 2. Those kunai look like Yoshika, and those spinning bullets look like EoSD stage 4. Dont change it, just an observation. 3. The boss comes in before the text starts 4. The mid-boss non-spell on lunatic walls you to the edge, forcing you to go inbetween tiny spaces that the graphics cover up! Take out the walls and make it faster or somthing. Very fun though :D

1) ...Upgraded.
2) They're supposed to resemble Yoshika's kunais. Originally, it just looked really bad, so I had to change it when I ported it. As for EoSD... this one's easier.
3) ...Can't do anything about that with my crummy event scripting.
4) ...Timing, planning, memorization. Start on one side and move to the other. Celebi doesn't have much of a chance against ExVeemon in that attack because she's stationary.

The spells are coming out really slowly, but I plan to get Stage 2 finished ASAP because I've decided that I'm probably not going to port Stage 3. It looks really bad in the original, and it's probably better to make it from scratch. If there are any ideas or suggestions for a fire-based stage, please feel free to comment. Also, I really have no clue about what I'm going to be doing for the boss except for my plans here:

Stage 3: The Mountains of Flame
Enemies: Charmander, ???
Stage Gimmicks: ???
Midboss: Charizard
Boss: Charizard: The Flaming Torch of Battle
Boss Nonspell: Flame lines
Boss Gimmicks: Enemy calls

(It's located in the ReadMe for Versions 0.25 and up)

If anyone wants to suggest a stage enemy or stage gimmicks, feel free to tell me. Out of the three or so enemy scripts I have for the original, I don't think most of them will work, simply because, well... people were scared of the pichu walls in Stage 1, so... I don't think a Charmander Army would receive positive reviews.

I'm currently thinking along the lines of Alice because of her use of dolls, but nothing is set in stone as of yet.