Author Topic: BulletForge news (Latest: New user registration disabled)  (Read 58187 times)

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
BulletForge news (Latest: New user registration disabled)
« on: March 04, 2012, 03:08:53 AM »
What is it?

BulletForge is an alternative to other big filehosting sites for hosting your scripts. It's completely free and has no ads so upload scripts to your heart's content.
If you have any suggestions or problems, please post in this thread or contact me in the #danmakufu channel on irc.ppirc.net (webchat). Thanks.

Latest News

June 4, 2016
New user registration has been disabled until I find the time to handle user registration better. In the meantime, I've also lifted all IP bans since I'm not sure how many that I blocked were dynamic IPs anyways.

April 15, 2016
It finally happened. Ip blocking is implemented. Because some people just like to push their luck too far.

January, 7, 2016
The report button is not being used how I expected it to be used so I removed it. I only care if someone uses BulletForge to host something that is not a Danmakufu script. If you see something like that, you can let me know in this thread or on IRC in the #danmakufu channel on ppirc.

December 1, 2015
As requested, I've added the Library and Shot Definition categories. You should be able to search by those categories in the advanced search and select them as a category when making new projects.

November 11, 2015
I found a bug in my code that deleted certain downloads unexpectedly under very specific and rare circumstances. This bug has been fixed, but the missing files need to be replaced. If you have a copy of any of the missing scripts, please PM me. The list of affected projects is here.

July 23, 2015
I need to upgrade my plan for Heroku from free to 9$/month within the next 7 days if I want to keep running it because there are now too many projects. I can try to hold this off by removing some features that I think were stupid ideas and then cleaning up the database, but I should probably let everyone know about that first.

January 12, 2015
I'm going to be monitoring all unlisted projects (and probably all projects in general) every weekend from now on. If I catch you storing something you shouldn't be on here, your account is going to be deleted immediately.

August 14, 2014
Heroku is disabling old *.heroku.com domains on September 22nd, 2014 which are being replaced with *.herokuapp.com. Any old links you have that used the bulletforge.heroku.com domain need to be changed to point to bulletforge.org.

June 11, 2014
Heroku, my webhost, is going to move BulletForge onto their new router on June 18. There should be no issues.

May 21, 2013
Search engines should no longer be indexing unlisted projects. Sorting by updated date is now possible and the default if you're not sorting by anything.
The pages won't be immediately removed from search engines until their bots go through the site again. That can take anywhere from a week to a month.

February 26, 2013
I received a complaint from Lavalake that he and Qwertyzxcv were registered on BulletForge by someone else, causing their names to be taken already when they tried to register for real. Whoever is doing this, please stop. I do track IPs so don't make me go looking for who it really is.

EDIT: This is the first news post for this thread.

Short version: The bulletforge.org domain expired and I can't get it back immediately.

Long version: My brother was the owner of the bulletforge.org domain and he wanted me to pay for it after the first year was up. However, after it expired, there's a waiting period of some sort where his account could renew it before it goes on sale again. His phone was off when I tried to contact him earlier so I sent an email. Hopefully, he can just delete the domain and I can buy it immediately afterwards.

Update 3/6/2012: I've seen my brother in person two times and told him both times to delete the domain. He still hasn't done anything. :|
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 03:44:11 PM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

fondue

• excuse me
Re: BulletForge news (Latest: IP Blocking implemented)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 09:33:52 AM »
Very good luck, Blargel-san.
Can't wait to download some PH3 scripts :3

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:38:20 PM »
Godaddy is ridiculous and I cannot claim the name until next year. Until then, please use http://bulletforge.heroku.com/
I'm really sorry about this, especially because any links you used to have will be redirected to that godaddy landing page.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:23:42 PM by Blargel »
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »
Repurposing this thread as a general BulletForge news thread so I don't have to keep making a new thread every time.

I'm starting to work on BulletForge again so expect some changes in the near future. At the moment, I'm working on adding a drop down to select if your script is for 0.12m or ph3. When it's implemented, all existing projects will automatically be defaulted to 0.12m.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:02:47 PM »
I'm really sorry about this, especially because any links you used to have will be redirected to that godaddy landing page.
It's not your fault. But i cant belive why you have to wait until 2013
wtf

Drake

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 08:25:18 PM »
why are you using godaddy D:

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 11:48:36 PM »
My brother was using GoDaddy. It expired and I was going to register it under NameCheap instead but GoDaddy decided to camp it like a jackass.

Feature update: http://bulletforge.heroku.com/search
You can reach this page by the not very shiny but new Advanced Search button under the search bar now. Searching with that might be a little slow. I don't have an indexed full text search and adding that capability would cost me around 14 bucks a month, so we're sticking with creative sql statements. Yes, that's bad, I know.

...Someday that design will improve.

EDIT: Oh, I also made the searches case insensitive. They were case sensitive before, which would give completely different results when searching "reimu" versus searching "Reimu"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:06:47 AM by Blargel »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 11:38:23 PM »
Oh god, I'm working on a new design.

But it actually looks decent. Yay.

EDIT: Surprise! We have a design. Go check it out.
You can expect a few more changes in the forms and some more obscure places people don't really use some time in the future.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:04:04 PM by Blargel »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 11:24:30 PM »
I added the ability to keep projects unlisted as requested by Trickysticks.
Unlisted projects don't show up on the front page or in search pages, similar to YouTube's unlisted videos.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 11:59:08 AM »
The old domain is back. If you were too lazy to update your links to point at bulletforge.heroku.com before, the links should be working again.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 12:07:04 PM »
:D

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 11:05:07 AM »
I received a complaint from Lavalake that he and Qwertyzxcv were registered on BulletForge by someone else, causing their names to be taken already when they tried to register for real. Whoever is doing this, please stop. Even if you had the good intentions to just add projects under the proper name, you are preventing the actual owners from managing their own projects under their own real name. If I receive more complaints about this, I will IP ban the person (or people) responsible. In the meantime, Lavalake and Qwertyzxcv, I deleted your accounts, both your own and the fake ones. Please re-register with your correct name as quickly as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Also, Hele, can you put a link to this thread in the information thread for easier access?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 11:08:15 AM by Blargel »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 12:13:30 PM »
Added to information thread.

I still need to reserve time to restructure it.

ExPorygon

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
    • Ephemeral Entertainment
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 12:23:46 PM »
I'm also been under the impression for a while that there are multiple bulletforge accounts belonging to the same person. While I have no concrete proof, I do have my suspicions. I suspect that the multiple accounts are being used to spam downvotes on particular scripts. I have no idea if this is by the same person who stole Qwertyzxcv and Lavalake's usernames but I'm just throwing this out there.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 01:03:45 PM »
Suspicions won't do us any good, let us not go down the road of accusations without solid proof. Either we can hope the person admits and apologises correctly so we can get over this childish issue.

Either way it is extremely rude. First plagiarism issues and now identity fraud? It is a good thing I have time again to roam RikaNitori more actively.

ExPorygon

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »
Suspicions won't do us any good, let us not go down the road of accusations without solid proof.
I know, I was just bringing it to the attention of other people so that they can perhaps be on the lookout. I wasn't trying to accuse anyone.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 10:51:12 PM »
Phantom Səng is an impersonation of me, but I don't want to press any charges against the person... They had good intentions.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 12:55:26 AM »
Removed Phantom Səng's account. His comments on real Phantom Song's projects auto delete when I do that so I removed the whole conversation between the two to prevent it from looking like Phantom Song was having a conversation with nonexistant comments.

EDIT: Added ability for administrators (aka, only me) to delete accounts from the website instead of editing the god damn database every time. Comments written by deleted accounts will no longer auto delete and instead be attributed to "Deleted User" with no link to that user.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:31:16 AM by Blargel »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2013, 03:17:03 PM »
OK. So I have a few suggestions for BulletForge.

Firstly, would it be possible for unlisted projects to NOT be searchable on Google? Apparently, unlisted projects can be searched up on Google.
Secondly, would it be possible for updated projects to get bumped to the top of the browse list? I realize that it's probably selfish of me, but nobody ever looks past the first page in the browse column (unless they're looking specifically for something). Doing this would make it easier for scripters who update their scripts to gain publicity for the newer versions (and it will also freshen up BulletForge's activity ratings, I think).

Doing the first is just a minor thing that would actually make unlisted projects unlisted. The second is more for personal reasons.

Thanks.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 09:09:26 PM »
I'll see what I can do about the unlisted projects. I thought I had already fixed that but apparently not.
The second suggestion is easy enough too.

EDIT: And done. Search engines won't update immediately and can take anywhere from a week to a month to remove the pages that they already indexed.

EDIT: There was a stupid bug where downloading a script would cause it to "update" the download counter, thereby changing the updated_at time stamp and pushing the project to the top of the recently updated list. It's fixed now, but the damage that was done while the bug was in effect can't be fixed. Sorry. :/
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 02:15:31 AM by Blargel »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 10:29:33 PM »
Oh yeah. Forgot.

I know that you've been doing a lot of stuff thanks to my nagging, but could you implement a method to replace uploaded scripts?

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 01:58:05 AM »
Delete the version and remake it? :V
I'm thinking I should just remove versions entirely but the database clean up would be messy afterwards...

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 02:08:36 AM »
Delete the version and remake it? :V
I'm thinking I should just remove versions entirely but the database clean up would be messy afterwards...

Oh yeah, and FYI, the last updated isn't showing the last updated projects. It's showing last downloaded. Still. (not complaining)

Also, would it be possible to display more entries at once? If I go to my projects page, only like 5 show. Same with versions (I nearly forgot that my old DDD uploads were still on BulletForge).

Sorry if I'm blasting too many complicated requests at once.

ExPorygon

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 02:11:56 AM »
Is it really necessary to allow the hosting of old versions of scripts? I mean, why would anyone look specifically for an older version of something that has newer versions available? I think that it would be fine if that capability were removed to save space. Perhaps a system where when you upload a new version, the previous versions are deleted.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 09:34:53 AM »
Good point Ozzy raises. If the script is exactly the same, but improved due to version change then I don't see a reason either to clutter bulleforge with bugged/faulty scripts.

But this cannot be complete stopped since it is a scriptwriter's discipline as well. If you keep spamming updates for every little bullet/function change (which I see a lot because the same threads are always bumped to top) then logically we're going to run into problems like these. Maybe we can encourage people to thoroughly workout their scripts before uploading. Logically singular scripts or simple plural bosses are exceptional, since those are mini-projects. I am more like talking about examples such as: "Player Script <Girlname>" version 0.1  0.2  0.3  0.4 0.41  0.411a 0.411abc (you get the idea)

While it cannot be forced, people should learn to release things once they are completed (a 1.0 version at least). Releasing a fixed release due to critical bugs or discovered issues is very common and falls under "patching". I am seriously raising my eye brows in confusion every time I see a thread being bumped for micro changes. Then again, it isn't illegal or against the rules particular. Just not classy. And I don't want to force dumb rules people should follow. RikaNitori has to stay a flexible and relaxed place and not constrained by guidelines.

I would like to raise people's attention by pointing out this discussion.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 09:37:36 AM by Helepolis »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 06:33:53 PM »
Is it really necessary to allow the hosting of old versions of scripts? I mean, why would anyone look specifically for an older version of something that has newer versions available? I think that it would be fine if that capability were removed to save space. Perhaps a system where when you upload a new version, the previous versions are deleted.

It's a bigger endeavor than it sounds. Data clean up is a huge pain when the structure of the data changes so much. It's something I have been thinking about for a while (along with removing votes and comments because who the hell cares?)

Microupdating stuff
That's not something that can be easily enforced, unfortunately

Oh yeah, and FYI, the last updated isn't showing the last updated projects. It's showing last downloaded. Still. (not complaining)
EDIT: There was a stupid bug where downloading a script would cause it to "update" the download counter, thereby changing the updated_at time stamp and pushing the project to the top of the recently updated list. It's fixed now, but the damage that was done while the bug was in effect can't be fixed. Sorry. :/

Also, would it be possible to display more entries at once? If I go to my projects page, only like 5 show. Same with versions (I nearly forgot that my old DDD uploads were still on BulletForge).
There's a "show more projects" link somewhere on your page that'll take you here: http://www.bulletforge.org/u/sparen/p
I should probably make it more obvious.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 06:38:45 PM by Blargel »

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 07:43:44 AM »
My webhost is moving Bulletforge onto an improved HTTP router on June 18. There probably won't be any problems, but if anyone notices anything, please let me know so I can report it to them as well.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 01:13:23 AM »
On September 22nd 2014, Heroku is disabling old *.heroku.com domains to be replaced with their new *.herokuapp.com. This means that if you have any links to http://bulletforge.heroku.com because of the time when the bulletforge.org domain was down, you should update them to point to http://bulletforge.org instead. Regular usage of bulletforge should be unaffected.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 10:23:42 PM »
You're not storing passwords in plain text, are you?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 10:32:22 PM »
You're not storing passwords in plain text, are you?

Regardless, your password should be unique.