Author Topic: SCP Containment Breach Mafia - Game Over  (Read 44232 times)

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
Re: SCP Containment Breach Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 05:44:49 AM »
I have (1) town read(s)

Don't lynch me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 05:57:30 AM »
...What's wrong with you people? The "post" button is down there.

Timezones on my end.

I have (1) town read(s)

Is this self-inclusive?

SB and I wagoning Refa was a joke

This is setting off alarms.

How could Vhaltzo know SB's intentions were a joke as well? How could he know they both had the same intentions?

I think this is a slip that they have contact; or; in other words; are the scums.

#Unvote
#Vote: Vhaltzo

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2014, 06:21:26 AM »
Or it was just extremely obvious they were RVS votes?

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2014, 06:39:37 AM »
Is this self-inclusive?
No!

This is setting off alarms.

How could Vhaltzo know SB's intentions were a joke as well? How could he know they both had the same intentions?

I think this is a slip that they have contact; or; in other words; are the scums.

#Unvote
#Vote: Vhaltzo

:barf:

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2014, 09:43:30 AM »
Have another useless Votecount (2)

Refa (2): SB, ActionDan
Vhaltz (1): Raikaria
Raitaki/Dorian (1): BT
ActionDan (2): Raitaki/Dorian, NNR
SB (2): Refa, Vhaltz

Not voting: no one!
You have 50.3 hours left in this phase!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 12:00:26 AM by Mitsuki »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2014, 09:47:13 AM »
Well someone's gotta try and make something happen to try and kick this game into gear.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2014, 10:02:15 AM »
Mmm, while I wait for the hydra to respond, I'll point out that SB hasn't really picked up and pushed anything from #24 and #32 and I feel like more should have been done.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2014, 10:04:51 AM »
The same could probably be said for Dan so maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but let's roll with it anyway.

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2014, 10:13:11 AM »
Dan I'm ignoring that your posts exist until you actually explain your thought processes behind having a town read and not liking Raikaria's case, scum can easily fake having thought processes by making those kind of posts so use actual words.

Agreeing with BT wrt SB, who do you think is scum SB?

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2014, 03:26:15 PM »
The only real read I have I have is based on Raikaria's last post where he basically says that his case was bad because it was trying to generate discussion, which feels like he's trying to make himself unaccountable for his vote and he doesn't actually address my criticisms of it at all and try to rectify anything from it.

##Unvote
##Vote: Raikaria

Is Dorian allowed to post or are they just leaving it to Raitaki?

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2014, 05:14:37 PM »
...What's wrong with you people? The "post" button is down there.
Yeah. Have you never seen someone vote to enlarge an RVS wagon before? Explain why you think it's questionable.
It was RVS/ED1, so there's no reason why I shouldn't go after something questionable, even if it isn't that scummy to begin with. Trying to generate discussion for ED1 but then staying out of discussions is also pretty fishy imo. Also, I was trying to pressure Dan into not doing his vanishing act this game.

@Raikaria: Are you really "kicking the game into gear" when you post things like that? That kind of heavy speculation and WIFOM makes it extremely hard for people to buy and agree with your case in the first place :I

@SB: Raikaria did say he was generating discussion, but I don't ever see where he said his case was bad? I feel like SB is trying to twist Raikaria's words (making it seem like Raikaria is intentionally making bad cases while preparing an excuse for making them) to misrep him and frame scummy intentions onto something people do approximately at least once every RVS.

##Unvote
##Vote: SB
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2014, 05:16:53 PM »
Oh yeah, right now only I can post, but Dorian will be the one to post starting Thursday when I go on V/LA.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2014, 05:23:01 PM »
Well someone's gotta try and make something happen to try and kick this game into gear.

I'm pretty sure between this post and mine and Dan's responses it was implied as being pretty bad.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2014, 05:23:52 PM »
I read that as "I don't care if you don't like it but I had to do it"

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2014, 05:25:30 PM »
Difference in interpretation then, I guess.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2014, 06:16:48 PM »
Dorian has something to chip in:

I'm pretty sure between this post and mine and Dan's responses it was implied as being pretty bad.
Firstly, how did the "clear" post where "Raikaria basically says)ry" require Dan's response to be clear that it was admitting a bad case? And secondly, Dan implied that either he couldn't stomach his pea soup or Raikaria's case was bad, yes, but how does this have anything to do with you seeing Raikaria admitting his case was bad?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2014, 06:38:16 PM »
The only real read I have I have is based on Raikaria's last post where he basically says that his case was bad because it was trying to generate discussion

Wait what? I think my case is better than any other case. It's the best I could come up with at that point. My response to other people thinking my case was bad is basically 'Well at least I'm making cases guys'.

I mean it's all well saying 'your case is bad' but at least make a case yourself. Of course it may not be the world's best case. It's a tiny thing I nitpicked from RVS. But it's more than anyone else was putting on the table.

Although; my implication is that you are scum as well SB; so I guess that basically falls into a OMGUS vote from you. Let's vote the only guy attempting to actually make a case!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2014, 06:39:20 PM »
Said tiny nitpick thing being something I saw as a potential scumslip.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2014, 08:09:58 PM »
I think there's a bunch of misunderstandings here, but I do think Raikaria is jumping a bit too heavily on SB and Vhaltz for relying on meta for another site to jokevote (which SB AND Vhaltz are both in on, I can confirm). At the same time I don't think SB realizes why Raikaria is making a false assumption
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2014, 08:15:58 PM »
I don't like how BT is playing the 'wait it out' card and ignoring Raikaria / SB+Vhaltzo.
Same could be said for Dan's cryptic posting, but BT seems worse in the regard.

##Unvote
##Vote: BT
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2014, 08:57:53 PM »
I read Raikaria's post the same way SB said but don't find it particularly scummy coming from Raikaria. I can see town!SB voting there as a means to Move The Freaking Game Along and also don't think SB would give enough of a fuck about barely-out-of-RVS votes as scum to reply to things with such blatantly obvious replies.

##Unvote
##Vote: Dan

NNR did you read Raikaria's case because I don't think you read Raikaria's case.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2014, 09:41:39 PM »
I read Raikaria's post the same way SB said but don't find it particularly scummy coming from Raikaria. I can see town!SB voting there as a means to Move The Freaking Game Along and also don't think SB would give enough of a fuck about barely-out-of-RVS votes as scum to reply to things with such blatantly obvious replies.

##Unvote
##Vote: Dan

NNR did you read Raikaria's case because I don't think you read Raikaria's case.

Care to explain why you write a paragraph about me and SB and then vote Dan and then talk about NNR?

The Dan vote seems to come out of nowhere.

« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2014, 09:51:11 PM »
Because the words are supposed to indicate how I don't think SB is particularly likely to be scum atm, meaning I don't feel like voting him anymore. On the other hand voting Dan is pretty cool.

My NNR statement is supposed to be a question that I expect him to answer, meaning I'll be able to get a read on him.

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2014, 10:14:05 PM »
Eh on second thought it won't really get me anywhere to reply to you wrt the rest because you'll probably want to know exactly why I'm voting Dan and press me until I answer.

It's so that he actually posts some content. By voting without actually posting any explanation about it Dan may think that I actually think he's probably scum, thus motivating him to post, as opposed to seeing an "post or I vote u" empty threat that is going to eventually switch off once I find a better target. You should give people more leeway for reaction testing as opposed to demanding an explanation for every single thing in early stages of the game because reaction tests are good ways of generating content from none despite their bad reputation (people going "lol I was reaction testing" as a backtracking mechanism when they've done something damning).

Anyway

Kind of irked the most by BT, NNR and Refa so far. Refa mostly due to lack of content where I expect he would've already done something as town through the power of Rolling-Town-Is-Cool motivation after his scum-streak. NNR has that thing where I think his BT case is okay but he seems to have completely misinterpreted what Rakaria's case on me is about. Raikaria thought I was "slipping" about collective SB/me motivations as a scumteam, and NNR somehow thought his case was about how nothing with regards to the SF meta stuff we've talked about makes any sense, or something like that, it feels like it could've come from uninterested scum glazing over the thread although I'm not particularly sold on it yet and want to see what his explanation is.
BT is mostly a gutread, I think his new avatar might be making me read him as more apathetic than usual so I can't tell if it's something important I should be trying harder to read into or what. BT who do you think is scum now?

##Unvote
##Vote: Refa

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2014, 10:15:02 PM »
Refa has been prodded!

(also I didn't even know that Vhaltz was voting him when I realised that I had to prod him so yay)

Refa

• The Nameless Monster
  • This is what I can do, from me to you.
    • YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2014, 11:08:17 PM »
Only town gets prodded (probably)!

Raikara's vote on Vhaltz is really forced.  Like yeah, in RVS you naturally vote people for weaker reasons than you would later on.  But the notion that Vhaltz saying that SB's RVS vote was a joke (which is the default assumption of RVS votes, I'd say) indicates that he's somehow in contact with SB is a really big logical leap.   I agree with SB that his explanation was bad (what's the point of making even an RVS case if you're going to discredit it afterwords), but I don't see why scum would make an obviously bad case and then say it was obviously bad one post later.  Although I have to ask how SB's vote is an OMGUS at all.  So yeah, while I do have some issues with Raikiri's play overall, I still don't think he's scummy because some of his plays (read above) don't make sense as scum.

Question to you: So you think SB/Vhaltz are the scumteam, right?  So what do you think of their interactions (particularly Vhaltz jumping on SB pretty early on)?

Raitaki's explanation for his reaction to ActionDan(TheMan's) vote is fine, but his response to Raikiri (I'm going to get these names mixed up with each other at one point in this game guaranteed) is kind of bad.  Where does Raikiri WIFOM?  I'm assuming you're talking about him saying his case was bad, but I don't see how that's WIFOMy at all.  Also considering your issues with Raikiri, your case on SB comes across as a backpedal of sorts.  Keep in mind that you agree with SB (you complain about WIFOM and SB complains about Raikiri admitting his case were bad, but I don't see how these are different at all considering the only time Raikiri could've "WIFOMed" was when he claimed his case was bad) yet are complaining about how he's twisting Raikiri's words?  Somehow?  Also I really don't like how you're already throwing out buzz words like "misrep" this early on.   Why is SB forcing a case as opposed to just having a weaker case because RVS? 

Vhaltz kind of bothers me too (albeit less so).  First he votes SB for kind of a weird reason (SB gravitating towards bussing as scum), but that wasn't bad or scummy considering the context it took place in.  Aafterwards he drops his SB vote which is fine (SB's vote on Raikiri was townie or w/e) but then he votes ActionDan which is just baffling.  Then after he gets called out on it, he votes me for a case he could've made a page ago (but didn't because ???).  I don't get his explanation for unvoting ActionDan but I'm going to assume they make more sense to other people here maybe hopefully.  Regardless, it does annoy me that he only has reads on inactives (and how is NNR's BT case OK, it was like a sentence seriously) and nothing particularly definite on people actually posting.

##Unvote
##Vote: Raitaki

Refa

• The Nameless Monster
    • YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2014, 11:16:22 PM »
Best early game reads.  After we get to postgame, people will be like "Wow, Refa!  You caught the scumteam after your first serious post of D1!  You must be the best Mafia player evar!11!1!!11!!1!" and it will be amazing.

Leaning Town: Raikara > SB
Leaning Scum: Raitaki + Dorian (Gray?) > Vhaltz
Leaning Vegetables: ActionDan = NNR = BT
Leaning Awesome: Refa > (nonexistent competition) :3

Also feel free to ask me for clarification on my reads  (although I feel like I should've explained all of my scumreads sufficiently, but maybe you want to know why I think Super Busser is town which is understandable enough because he ALWAYS ROLLS SCUM on MotK definitely I would know this) which are all totally most likely correct I think.

Refa

• The Nameless Monster
    • YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2014, 11:18:41 PM »
Also what do people think about massclaiming...on D2 (considering scum can't kill that night)?  Yay/nay/gay?

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2014, 11:34:13 PM »
Refa seriously? I dropped the Dan vote because it wasn't going to accomplish anything after saying "well I'm just voting for pressure", there's no threat in that kind of vote anymore. There's nothing to be understood other than Dan sometimes liking to not post content for extended periods of time.

You and SB are also lame for using the "he could've made that case earlier!" scumtell because iirc I made that up in Healer Mafia as scum to cast suspicion on people for no good reason, and if I wasn't the first to do so it's still dumb 90% of the time. People can suddenly find old content relevant for all kinds of reasons as simple as remembering things, being reminded of them through newer content or just by rereading. I didn't remember the last time you posted and you certainly posted in the SF game while not doing much here so I obviously found it relevant as opposed to 24 hours ago when there was less content and you had posted recently.

idk what to think of the rest of your wall considering that you've never played with Raitaki/Raikaria/Dan before.

Refa

• The Nameless Monster
    • YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2014, 11:43:45 PM »
Refa seriously? I dropped the Dan vote because it wasn't going to accomplish anything after saying "well I'm just voting for pressure", there's no threat in that kind of vote anymore. There's nothing to be understood other than Dan sometimes liking to not post content for extended periods of time.

You and SB are also lame for using the "he could've made that case earlier!" scumtell because iirc I made that up in Healer Mafia as scum to cast suspicion on people for no good reason, and if I wasn't the first to do so it's still dumb 90% of the time. People can suddenly find old content relevant for all kinds of reasons as simple as remembering things, being reminded of them through newer content or just by rereading. I didn't remember the last time you posted and you certainly posted in the SF game while not doing much here so I obviously found it relevant as opposed to 24 hours ago when there was less content and you had posted recently.

idk what to think of the rest of your wall considering that you've never played with Raitaki/Raikaria/Dan before.

You dropped the Dan vote in like two hours lol.  Why make the vote in the first place if you knew he wasn't going to be around?  Why not just vote me then? 

Your second post is totally valid though.  My issue was that you were voting me based on my lack of content which didn't necessitate any reread (so it's different from whatever leSBian said).  However, didn't really take into account that you can't complain about a person being inactive until they're actually inactive for a certain period of time.  Uh, whoops.  My bad.