Author Topic: pikaguy900's Box of Stuff 2 (New Download: Miracle Matter player!)  (Read 17098 times)

Re: pikaguy900's Box of Stuff 2 (New Download: Miracle Matter player!)
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 03:31:48 AM »
I can't bomb more than once...

Also when I tried shooting an invincible boss, the amulets started hovering around it and never disappeared :V
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 03:38:04 AM by Suikama »

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 04:13:11 AM »
I can't bomb more than once...

Also when I tried shooting an invincible boss, the amulets started hovering around it and never disappeared :V
1: I didn't release this script to use, I did it asking if anyone else got any slowdown due to the homing amulets. Because I did.

Besides, I don't even know what I'm going to make the Bombs be yet.

2: Uhh... I have NEVER found a fix for that. EVER. No matter how much I look, I can NEVER find anything that will return "The boss is invincible". This is my greatest annoyance with homing shots. Now, if someone knows the solution, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OH GOSH PLEASE TELL ME!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009, 01:49:08 PM »

2: Uhh... I have NEVER found a fix for that. EVER. No matter how much I look, I can NEVER find anything that will return "The boss is invincible". This is my greatest annoyance with homing shots. Now, if someone knows the solution, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE OH GOSH PLEASE TELL ME!

How about using a task or method where you get the boss' current life and next life to detect if it losing HP or not and use that perhaps?

Nimono

• wat
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2009, 11:44:57 PM »
I can already see that failing. How? If I check it every frame, it will NEVER home in, because they will always be equal unless a DIFFERENT shot is hitting, which isn't homing. If I check it every few frames, it wouldn't be right when there's supposed to be actual homing going on. Therefore, there needs to be a check for IfDurableSpellCard or IfNoHitbox. Actually, this is kinda similar to another issue a *certain someone else* had, albeit with something different, but still the same issue- the only option that will ALWAYS work is to have a CommonData that is set on a spellcard that has no player bullet collision, but this would mean the shots would only work on scripts that set the data, meaning it can only be used correctly if you do something specific to each and every script, which isn't right, player scripts should work alone.

So yeah. Until someone finds or successfully makes a function that checks if a boss can be hit by bullets and returns true or false on that, I'll just have to live with the fact that the bullets stack like this. ...Honestly, there has GOT to be a way to do this, how else would the built-in ReimuA work?! It's quite obvious that it runs off Danmakufu's own scripting language...I think.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2009, 11:47:33 PM »
Why don't you check the way Stuffman did the Sakuya A shots? I recall that he updated them to ignore unhittable targets.

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2009, 11:48:43 PM »
He updated them to only hit a Boss if one is on the screen, not ignore all unhittable objects.

Easy fix, make your shots delete themselves after a certain amount of time so they won't stack.

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2009, 11:52:14 PM »
It's kinda amusing this way though...